• Published 10th Dec 2020
  • 212 Views, 2 Comments

Please Don't Think I'm Dumb - Clearnote



After following Shady, Fizzy sees her friend get sucked into a lilac vortex. Fizzy follows after giving it a thought (not really). Can she overcome her naive-ness and help save them from Clearnote?

  • ...
 2
 212

Chapter 1

Pop!

Soon, I was out of the swirly-thing! Oh, and I was kind of high up in the air!

"Wheeeee!" I cry, giggling all the way down.

Near the end, I see Shady. She looks kind of odd. Hm. Maybe she's not Shady! Or Shady got a makeover! Oh well! That's fine by me!

"Hi!" I say, waving my hoof.

Uh, oh. When I look at Shady, she's shocked. Or, is it scared? Or worried? Is she nervous? I don't know!

Then, I hit the ground with a loud thud. The first thing that hits the floor is my jaw. This throws me into pain before I pass out. Everything is black.

------🍧------

One week later.

I yawn and sit up in bed.

Wait. Why am I in a bed? How did I get here? Why am I here? What am I doing? Is something happening? Is something wrong? Is everything okay? I begin to panic!

Calm down, Fizzy, I tell myself. Don't overthink it.

I smile and just sit. A dark pink pony trots into the room. She smiles. Shady!

"Fizzy, oh, you're okay!" she cries, bounding to my side and putting a leg around me. She then helps me out of the bed.

"I am?" I say, walking alongside my friend.

Shady smiles.

"Come on, Fizz!" she cries, starting to gallop. It's a race! Yay!

I run after her. Hehe, this is fun! We don't go very far though, this is a small house. Say, where are we? Eh, it doesn't matter! I'll go with the flow! No more questions for me!

Shady stops when we get to a very small crowd of ponies. I see Wind Whistler. How did she get here? Oh, wait, no more questions! Oops, hehe! I also see ponies I don't know- A yellow pegasus with red hair, a cyan pegasus with vanilla hair, a pegasus with a light green coat and a dark green mane, and an earth pony with a lavender coat and vanilla hair. They all wave politely. I grin back.

What's going on?

"Fizzy, I'd like you to meet our new friends: Strawberry Sunrise, Sassaflash, Sprinkle Medley, and Luckette," Shady says.

"Call me Sunberry!" Strawberry Sunset says. (Or was it Strawberry Sunrise?)

"You can call me Medley, if you'd like. Wind Whistler says that she has a friend back in her world with the same name, and so you can call me that. After all, it's still part of my name!" Sprinkle Medley says.

Sassaflash steps forward. "You CANNOT call me Firefly, though. Wind Whistler here called me that once, and for the record, it is NOT my name."

Sassaflash turned her head to Wind Whistler, who let out a nervous giggle and blushed. Sassaflash laughed.

"It's fine, Wind Whistler. You were new here, I don't blame you." the cyan pegasus said.

"Um, excuse me, everyone?" I say quietly.

Everyone turns their heads.

"What do you mean, 'everyone'? It's 'everypony'!" Starberry said (No, no, it's Sunberry!)

I tilt my head.

"But what if someone else is in the room that's not a pony? Like a lava demon? Or a bushwoolie? Or a human? To be honest, unicorns, pegasi, flutter ponies, and seaponies aren't exactly ponies, either." I say.

Everyone looks at each other in shock.

"She's right," Wind Whistler marvels. "You're a genius, Fizzy!"

"I am?" I say, confused.

Shady grips me into a hug. "Nice, Fizz!"

Is that my new nickname?

Suddenly, we hear a loud crash from outside.

"Uh, Fizz? We might have something to tell you."

------🍧------

Wind Whistler stepped forward.

"I fell to this place through a portal. Fizzy, this may sound, um, odd, but this is not home. It's very different here, even we look different, quite different."

Does she think that I don't know that?!

"Now, I came across Medley here, and she taught me how to do a few things, and then she took me to see the princess. Twilight, the princess, was suspicious of me from the start. And, Fizzy, she has wings and a horn. It's called an alicorn. It's odd. So, I ran. I then met Sassaflash here, but I ignored her because I didn't want to make a friend only to lose them."

"Aww," Sassaflash said, touched.

Wind Whistler got back to the story.

"When I fell asleep that night, I had nightmares about Twilight. A blue princess alicorn-"

"Luna!" Luckette cut in.

"Luna told me that I needed to see Twilight to help me get home. I thought about seeing her, and the ponies here had started to tease me as they did back home. So, I decided to see the princess, because if I was back home, at least I wouldn't be so confused. But Twilight wasn't there. I went to her table-room, but then something must have happened because a hole occurred in the floor, and I fell through it. Twilight arrived and took me to a doctor. I passed out, and woke up 16 days later. They told me I'd limp forever." Wind Whistler said. She showed me her bandaged leg.

Wind Whistler then went back to her tale. "I passed out for another week. When I woke up, Princess Twilight was there. For a month, we'd planned a way on how to get me back-"

"Wait wait wait," Shady said, cutting in. "I got here a few hours after you went missing. How could you have been here for about two months?!"

"Maybe time moves differently here than in our home," I said. "Either that or you were sent to a slight future."

Everyone stares at me. Was it something I said?

"She's right again," Sprinkle Medley says. They all nod.

"Anyway..." Wind Whistler says. "Back to the story. Ponies started teasing me again, and I got so upset, that I ran into the Everfree Forest. The evil witch-pony, Clearnote, captured me and put me under a spell."

Shady picked up the story. "I was wondering where Wind Whistler was, so I went into the forest, and long story short, I got sent here. I ran into Luckette,"

"Literally," Luckette said.

"I asked her if she'd seen Wind Whistler, and she said that she had been teased. The two of us began to look for Wind Whistler, and at the end of the day, Luckette had to go home, and her mother hated guests, so I decided to sleep on the streets." Shady continued.

"Here comes my part," Sunberry cut in eagerly. (I finally got it right! Right?)

Shady rolls her eyes. I don't think I've ever seen her do that before. She doesn't seem like her usual self.

She continues. "I ran into Sunberry, too. She took me to her house and let me stay there."

"'I'll save you, Shady! I shall nourish you and keep you safe from evil villains!'" Sunberry says.

Shady rolls her eyes again. She isn't amused.

"The next day, we went to see Twilight. She told me about Wind Whistler's limp and escape into the forest. So, to make a long story short, we eventually found her. She was controlled by an evil sorceress, named Clearnote. We found a cure for Wind Whistler, so she's back to normal now."

Suddenly, there is a crash outside. I hear a laugh. It's wicked, and it pounds into my eardrums. This isn't good.

"And now," Wind Whistler gulps. "Clearnote is back for revenge."

Comments ( 1 )

aa damn it has other backstories

Login or register to comment