• Published 6th May 2020
  • 384 Views, 6 Comments

JLE - sykko



After years of failing to defeat their greatest rivals, several villains from the DC universe set their eyes on Equestria.

  • ...
 6
 384

Help arrives

***Ponyville***

The smelling salts made Celestia snap awake with a start. Reaching up with a hoof, she pushed the fouls smelling compound in Bat-man's hand away. “Ergh.”, she groaned, “Did a train hit me?”

“Just take it slow.”, Bat-man said, “Consider yourself lucky. Most who tangle with Lobo usually don't fare so well.” He waved the smelling salts in front of Celestia's nose a few more times. “Just take a few more whiffs to make sure the cobwebs are cleared.”

“Blech!”, Celestia said sticking her tongue out, “Why does it smell like moldy hay, rotten apples and the wing pits of a pegasus that haven't showered in a week, all mixed together in a sulfur pit?” She moved her head away from the smelling salts and stood up slowly, her legs wobbling. She looked around blinking the double vision away, seeing the assembled members of the Bat family, Titans and ponies. “How many of you hyoo-mohns are there?”

“That doesn't matter right now, sister.”, Luna said flatly, “All that matters now is that they're here to help.”

“Does anybody know if Shazam is alright?”, Sratfire asked, “The last time anyone saw of him, he was taking on to buy us the time we needed to get out.”

***Canterlot***

Shazam sat up from the crater he was in. His ears rang as the world spun around him. “I hope somebody got the number of that truck.”, he said propping his forehead on a hand. After several minutes the world stopped spinning enough so that he could think clear enough. Closing his, he began focusing his magic and sensed the heroes and alicorns several miles away.

Rising to his feet, he let the rubbery feelings in his legs dissipate before summoning lightning with a loud shout of “SHAZAM!”. His body merged with a massive golden lightning bolt, propelling him through the air.

***Ponyville***

A massive golden lightning bolt crashed outside the library, making every pony and person jump. A bolts of red energy shot out of Derpy's eyes, one went through several books on the shelves, setting them on fire, the burned another hole through the roof.

“Gah!”, Twilight shouted, ducking for cover. “No! No! No!”, she shouted rushing to the bookshelves to put the smoldering books.

“L-let me h-help princess!”, Derpy exclaimed running in a zig-zag to the nearest bookshelf. Sucking in air, she blew on the books to try and put them out. Several books flew off the shelves as others froze solid.

“GAH!”, Twilight screamed in a panic, snatching books outs of the air in her magic. “Thank you for your help Derpy, but please, just sit down before you break something else.”

“S-sorry princess.”, Derpy said. She plopped down hard on her haunches, the floorboards of the library creak and groaned, several of them broke, sending the gray-coated pegasus into the basement, causing several bookshelves to tip over.

Twilight ground her teeth as the ponies face-hooved and the heroes stared on in dumfounded disbelief.

Derpy crashed up through the floor, breaking another hole in it and made more bookshelves fall over. Twilight glared at Derpy with a crazed look in her eyes that could have turned a cockatrice to stone.

“Derpy!”, Rainbow shouted, “Unless you want Twilight to banish you to the moon, don't move, just hold perfectly still!”

As Derpy froze mid-flap in the air, Batwoman asked, “Is she always this much of a menace?”

“Derpy is just klutzy.”, Fluttershy said demurely, “Though she's usually not this destructive.”

“Y'all ain't seen nothing.”, Applejack said, “A couple-a years ago when th' town needed repairin', she kinda collapsed a chunk o' it by jus' sittin' down.”

“Maybe it would do all of us good if she waited outside.”, Celestia said pointing a hoof to the door.

Derpy nodded and gently walking to the door. Reaching out with a hoof, she accidentally ripped the door off the frame. She laughed sheepishly as Twilight's crazed look intensified and her teeth could be heard grinding loudly. Derpy quickly dropped the door and zipped out the door.

Shazam looked on bewildered before walking inside. “Do all you ponies have super strength or just the gray one?”

As Bat-man went to get up and go outside, Barbara stopped him, “Let me talk to her Bruce, I have a lighter touch than you when it comes to these things.” Barbara wheeled outside, stopping next to Derpy, who was sitting on the ground dejected. Barbara rolled up next to Derpy and extended a hand, “My name's Barbara Gordon, you can call me that or by my code name, Oracle. What's yours?”

Derpy extended a hoof to place it in Brabara's hand, missing, she grunted in frustration and closed an eye and gently placed her hoof in Barbara's hand for a hoof/handshake, “D-derpy Hooves.” She sniffled as a tear trickled down her cheek, “I-I'm sorry I keep breaking everything. I-I haven't been quite right s-since my accident five years ago.”, she turned head away, “Y-you probably h-hate me like e-everypony else.” She flicked another tear from the corner of her eye.”

“I don't hate you Derpy.”, Barbara said in a friendly tone, “Why do you think everyone hates you?”

“They're always saying 'Don't do that Derpy! Just sit down Derpy! Why did you guide the birds to the west Derpy?' B-believe it or not, I u-used to be one of the best fliers out there. At least as fast as Rainbow D-dash and t-twice as agile. T-then five years a-ago while I was riding in a-a wagon with my husband and my d-daughter Dinky, a wheel b-broke causing it to flip. A w-week later I woke up i-in the hospital, Other than a few sc-scrapes, Dinky was okay, but m-my husband never woke up.” She waved a hoof at her face, “My e-eyes were messed up l-like th-this and I wound up w-with this st-st-stutter. M-my sense of d-direction was also messed up.”

“I know what it's like being handicapped too.”, Barbara said lifting up her shirt, showing off the bullet wound scar, “I used to be a costumed vigilante called Batgirl and I fought against criminals alongside Bat-man. Then one day while I was in my apartment with my father, a dangerous psychopath called the Joker busted in and shot me, leaving me paralyzed.” She winked at Derpy, “But it's not all bad being in a wheelchair, I get to park my car nearly anywhere I want, I get to go to the front of the line at theme parks and I get the best booths when I go to restaurants. You and me bother aren't that different, we both suffered a serious injury that left us handicapped, but we found ways to be more than our handicaps.”

Derpy stared at the scar on Barbara's stomach in amazement and a new sense of self-respect, well one eye stared at the scar, the other eyes stared st the clouds.

Barbara asked, “Did you always have those powers, or did something happen to give you those powers?”

“N-no...”, Derpy answered, “I used to be a normal p-p-pegasus until this morning, Or was i-it last night?”

“Could tell me what changed to give you powers, please?”

“L-last night I heard a c-c-clatter on my nightstand.”, Derpy replied, “When I-I saw a sh-shiny gold rock. I-I put it under my p-pillow to give to Dinky in th-the morning. Wh-when I went outside this morning to play w-with mt daughter, I threw a b-ball to her, it sailed off into th-the distance an-and hit me in th-the back of my head.”

Barbara stroked her chin thoughtfully. “Do you think you could bring me that rock?”

Derpy nodded and flew off. Barbara had to duck her head as her red hair blew in wake of the gray pegasus. A few second later Derpy holding the glowing gold rock in her hoof.

Reaching into her backpack, Barbara took out a lead-lined box and a pair of tongues. “Hold still Derpy.”, she said plucking the gold glow rock in the tongues and dropping it the box, then sealed it. “Come on Derpy, let's go back inside, just take it slow and easy, we don't need any more damage done to the library.”

Derpy followed Barbara back into the library slowly. As she slowly sat down, several of the ponies glared at here and Barbara held up a hand to signal everything was okay. “I've been able to determine where Derpy got her powers from.”, Barbara said opening the lead-lined box, revealing the glowing rock.

“Is that...”, Bat-man said just before Barbara cut him off.

“Yes, it's golden Kryptonite.”

“So what does a shiny rock have to do with Derpy being stranger and having new powers?”, Rainbow asked, “Does that crypto-currency shiny rock thingy have anything to do with my sudden speed boost or Fluttershy's blue clothes or Applejack being able to sprout wings?”

Twilight facehoofed. “No Rainbow.”, she scolded, “Based on my observations and what...er...I'm not comfortable with calling you Changeling, especially after what happened after at Cadance and Shining Armor's wedding.”

“You can call me Garfield or Beast Boy if that's easier for you.”

“Thank you.”, Twilight said, “Based on what Garfield has told me, the speed force like the green is an extra-dimensional power. Am I right?”

“Yes...”, Garfield said, “...though I'm not a speedster, from what I was told by Wally and Barry, the speed force allows speedsters to partially phase out of reality so they can run super fast. As for me, I can tap into the green and it allows me to change my shape into almost anything or anyone, it allows swamp thing to control plants at will.”

“So are there anything else that could give crazy powers, like growing unbreakable claws or moving metal with their minds?”, Applejack asked.

“Wrong franchise!”, Pinkie chirped.

The superheroes looked at Pinkie in confusion while Twilight said almost nonchalantly, “Don't mind Pinkie. I learned a while back that if you want to keep from going crazy, don't ask too many questions.”

Luna cleared her throat, “So now that we know we're dealing with wanted brigands from thy world, is there a way we can get more knights from thy realm to help us?”

“If there is a way we can do a dimensional teleport to the Watchtower, I can get the Justice League to help us out.”, Bat-man said, “But I'd need to some equations and get access to star charts to locate the nearest pulsars and the current rate of galactic drift, I may be able to create a stable wormhole between dimensions to bring help across.”

“Well I'm not sure what a wormhole is, but I've read extensively on hypothetical inter-dimensional teleportation.”, Twilight said, “I'm sure Celestia and I could draw up the proper matrices based on Clover's work. Celestia, Cadance, Luna and I could combine our alicorn magic to power the spell. We could figure out a way to use Rainbow and Garfield to tap into the speed force and the green to assist in the dimensional teleport. Though unless somepony is skilled in dimensional travel, I can't be one hundred percent sure that whoever goes through won't wind up encased in solid stone.”

“I'm familiar with dimensional travel.”, Raven said, “Considering I come from a separate dimension from Earth and am familiar with dimensional travel. I could open a portal to the Watchtower. Whoever went through would have to carry the information so that Clark, Barry and J'on could create an accurate return portal.”

“I'll go.”, Celestia said, “If something happens that I wind up in solid rock, my immortal alicorn physiology will keep me alive while I break out or teleport out.”

“No sister, I'll go.”, Luna interjected, “Your wounds haven't fully healed. I know the works of Clover the Clever as well as you. If something happened to me, Equestria needs you not only to raise the sun and moon until Cadance or Twilight's magic fully matures, but also to guide our ponies.” She turned to Bat-man, “You and Twilight begin working on the equations, Celestia and I shall begin working on the spell matrix. Cadance you begin preparing whatever wards are needed with Raven.”

“You'll need my magic too.”, Shazam said, “Because it was granted to me by the great wizard Shazam and comes from the gods, it could be the jolt you need.”

Luna nodded.

“I'll begin seeing if I can recreate Flash's cosmic treadmill.”, Cyborg said, “Has your world invented the treadmill yet or will I have to build one from scratch?”

“I've got several broken ones in the basement!”, Twilight said, “You cannibalize the parts you need.”

“Wouldn't it be easier to repair a treadmill using the parts from broken ones than being a cannibal?”, Pinkie asked.

Twilight pressed a hoof between her eyes, “Pinkie, what I means is he use the parts from the broken treadmills to make what he needs.”

Pinkie blinked for a second, “Oh! Well why didn't you say so silly?”

Twilight sighed and rolled her eyes, as she went to say something, Applejack spoke up, “C'mon everypony, le's get outa here so they c'n get tuh work.”

After several hours of work Twilight and Bat-man had put the finishing touches on the equations, Celestia and Luna were finishing up the massive spell matrix in nearby field, Cadance, Raven and Shazam were finishing up on the wards, Cyborg was putting the final touches of the closest facsimile to the cosmic treadmill as he could.

Once everything was done, Bat-man took out a data pad with the equations and star charts on it and gave it to Luna. Nightwing wrote down a message, then passed it to Luna. Twilight wrote down a return matrix just in case, put it into a pair of saddlebags and passed them to Luna. Luna cast a protective spell one everything, then slipped on the saddlebags.

Luna stepped into the center of the matrix and began charging up her magic. Celestia, Twilight and Cadance took their places on the edge of the matrix, charging their magic. Rainbow Dash stepped onto the treadmill and Cyborg strapped her in so she wouldn't accidentally fall off, then wired up a console to it. Shazam took his place on the matrix, sending lightning across his body. Beast Boy knelt at his place on the matrix preparing to draw in the green. Raven sat cross-legged on the matrix, closing her eyes, preparing to meditate.

“This will feel weird.”, Raven said calmly.

“If it saves our subjects and the creatures beyond, we can handle weird.”, Luna said.

Soon power began crackling across the matrix as more and more power began pouring into it. Cyborg began adjusting the setting on the console, before turning the console around and shouting over the sound of the power crackling, “Rainbow! Make your vibrations match this amplitude!”

“I don't know what an amplitude is!”

Cyborg sighed before pointing to the screen, “Make the spikes on the bottom match the ones on the top!”

Rainbow nodded as her legs became a blur and her body began to vibrate.

As colors began to flicker in the center of the matrix, Cyborg checked the readings and shouted, “Just a little more power everybody!”

Every pony and human on the matrix gritted their teeth, as sweat began pouring down their whole body and veins began to bulge. Leaves, twigs and small stones began to levitate as the colors in the center of the matrix began flickering with intensity.

“Just a little more power!”, Cyborg shouted, “The portal is almost open!”

Every pony and person on the matrix began to groan in pain and exhaustion as they were pouring all their energy into it. Pinkie's man began to twitch in an odd frequency and she bolted over to the matrix before any pony or person could grab her. She began vibrating so quickly she looked like she was levitating off the ground.

“Thi-ii-ii-iss-sss fff-eee-eee-lll-sss fff-uuu-nnn-nnn-yyy!”, Pinkie said excitedly, her voice vibrating.

As all four alicorn's eyes went white with power, Luna vanished in a flash of rainbow-colored light and crackled of golden lightning. Every pony and person on the matrix collapsed from exhaustion, except for Pinkie, who was still vibrating.

Cyborg looked at the reading and began jumping up and down, laughing with delight. He ran over to the still vibrating Pinkie and snatcher her up, giving her a big wet kiss in celebration. “Pinkie!”, he shouted in excitement, “You did it! You gave us just enough power to open the portal!”

“I-I-I-I d-iii-iii-d?!” Pinkie exclaimed, her voice still vibrating.

“It's up to Luna now.”, Celestia said weakly, rising to her hooves, “Let's hope she makes it safe and sound.”

***The Watchtower: Earth's Orbit***

Superman stepped off the teleporter pad and walked over to the console where Martian Manhunter was sitting, data pad in hand, Supergirl walking behind him. At the console, Wonder Woman was already waiting for him.

“Ah Clark, did your searches turn up the same results?”, Wonder Woman asked.

“Yes it did Diana.”, Superman replied, “Metropolis, Gotham City, Central City and New York City all had the same strange machines with the same readings.” He laid the data pad on the console for Martian Manhunter to look over.

As Martian Manhunter began inputting the information from the data pads, a warning began beeping on the console. “Clark! Diana! Kara!”, he said sharply, “I've got an incoming energy signature matching the machines!” He activated the alert on the console, summoning every available league member on the Watchtower.

As a swirling multicolored orb began forming a few meters away on the deck, Superman, Supergirl and Wonder Woman took up fighting positions, preparing for the worst.

Flash ran up in a red streak. “This had better be good to pull me away from Call of-whoa that's different!”

Luna appeared in a flash of bright light. “I think we're going to be sick.”

Superman stepped forward. “Creature, do you come in peace?”

“Is this the Watchtower?”, Luna asked, “Art thou Clark, Barry or J'on?”

Superman took a cautious step backwards.

“We shall ask thee again. Is this the Watchtower? Art thou the knights known as the Justice league? Answer verily, aye or nay!”

“Yes you are on the Watchtower and yes we are the Justice League.”, Superman replied, “Now answer my questions. Who are you and what type of creature are you?”

“Can't you tell Clark?”, Supergirl said with a squee, “It's a horse! It even looks like Queen Moonlight from the cartoon My Little Horsey: Camaraderie is Sorcery! Only ya know, in real life!” She began to dance in place like a little girl, giggling and clapping her hands.

“Pony actually.”, Luna said with a slight scowl, “We are Luna, Princess of Equestria. We have come here to ask thou for thine help. Brigands from thine world have invaded our world and threaten not only our ponies, but all creatures beyond our borders.” Luna began to feel lightheaded. “Hyoo-mohn, stop spinning around. Thou art making us dizzy.” Her eyes rolled up in her head as she fainted.

Superman zipped over, catching Luna before she hit the deck. He scanned her with his x-ray vision.

“Is she...hurt?”, Supergirl asked.

“No.”, Superman replied, “She just appears to be exhausted. Other that her horn, wings and highly complex brain, she appears to be a very large pony, though I am sensing a strange aura that feels like...magic. J'on, come here and look in her mind to make sure she is who she says she is.”

Martian Manhunter walked over and began focusing his psych power. Closing his eyes, he slipped into Luna's mind. J'on J'onz found himself walking through Luna's dream.

“Creature! Who art thou and why hast thou intruded upon our realm?”, Luna challenged. J'on tried to resist as Luna manipulated the dream until they were both walking on the surface of Mars. Luna gasped as she watched the demise of the Martian society and the death of Martian Manhunter's family. Casting her eyes down, she said, “We are sorry. Please forgive us, we didst not mean to pry and makest thou experience again the loss of your kind and the death of thy mare and foal.” She sniffled. “We thought thou were an intruder.”

“It is okay Luna.”, Martian Manhunter said He manipulated the dream showing Miss Martian. “There is one other of my kind that still lives. Now could you please tell me what happened as to why you have sought out the Justice League?”

Luna manipulated the dream showing her chase Bat-man across the rooftops of Canterlot, then showed Hank Henshaw attacking, then showed several members of the Titans showing up to help beat Henshaw, then showed R'as Al'Ghul, Lex Luthor, Black Adam, Gorilla Grod and The Brain attacking, then showed Lobo showing up, then showing her teleportation to the Watchtower. After she finished, she said, “Go now and tell thy fellow knights what thou hast seen and that we need their help.” She then pushed him from the dream realm.

Martian Manhunter opened his eyes, taking in a deep breath. “She is who she says she is. It appears that the League of Assassins and the Legion of Doom have attacked her world. In an act of desperation, she came here for help.”, he said stoically, “It appears that the Bat family and the Titans have arrived ahead of us. There is a major complication, Lobo is there too.”

“Let's get her to the infirmary, though I'm unsure how we can properly treat a sentient alien pony.”, Superman said, “Contact Doctor Fate, Zatana, Swamp Thing and...”, a visible shiver ran up his spine, “...John Constatine.” He picked Luna up in his arms.

The console began beeping and Wonder Woman looked over at it. “Heads up! We've got an unauthorized teleport incoming!”

Flash, Supergirl and Wonder Woman took offensive position as the teleporter sizzled to life in a bright flash. Catwoman stepped off the teleporter, swinging her hips seductively as she walked forward. “Aw, a welcoming committee for me?”, she said slyly, “How purr-rrrr-fectly sweet.” She ran a finger seductively across Flash's chest. “What do we have here?”, she said pausing mid-strut, “Such a pretty and strange looking pony wearing such beautiful finery.” She slunk past the three heroes and over over to Superman, plucking the crown off Luna's head to admire it.

Wonder Woman grabbed Catwoman by the wrist, twisting her arm behind her back and plucking the crown away, before shoving her away. “This is a princess from a far off world and I'd prefer it if you didn't created an incident between our two cultures by trying to steal from their people's royalty. Now why are you here?”

Catwoman rubbed her wrist. “You almost broke my wrist.”, she scoffed.

“Be glad I stopped with almost.”, Wonder Woman said dangerously, “Now answer my question or I'll send you back to Gotham through the airlock.”

“Very well,”, Catwoman said slinging around Superman, dragging her finger across his shoulder, “I was helping Bat-man track down what happened to the League of Assassins. Now imagine my surprise when he didn't show up at our usual meeting spots. I also couldn't find any of those bird-boys. Imagine that, a sweet kitty like me unable to catch a bird. I also couldn't find that insufferable Batwoman, that poor traumatized Red Hood or the Commissioner's daughter. So after some prying, I managed to find out they had left this world and left a poor little kitten like myself without even so much a a saucer of cream. So what does a strange pony with such...”, she let a purr roll in her throat, “...beautiful adornments have to do with this?”

“If you must know, the League of Assassins and the Legion of Doom have invaded their world!”, Supergirl snapped.

Catwoman frowned for a moment, raising an eyebrow behind her mask. “Well I have to come along now. I couldn't live with myself if Bruce was hurt...or worse, in the arms of that wench, Talia.”

Luna woke up on a hospital bed with a thin blanket over her. She groaned placing a hoof to her head before noticing her shoes were gone. Giving a quick check, she noticed her crown and breastplate were missing too. Looking around, she saw a man with a shining gold helmet, a brilliant blue and gold costume with flowing gold cape sitting near the bed, looking the the spell matrix she had brought with her. She cleared her throat, “Hyoo-mohn! Where art our vestments?”

“My apologies Princess”, Doctor Fate said kindly behind his helmet, “Wonder Woman felt it was best to keep your belongings in her care as Catwoman tried to steal your crown while you were unconscious.”

“Maybe thou aren't as virtuous of a knightly order as we originally thought thou were if thou allow'st thieves to walk about unbidden.”, Luna quipped.

“Well it's true that Catwoman is burglar who has an eye for shiny baubles, Bat-man keeps her around for her ability to get into and out of place others cannot.”, Doctor Fate quipped.

“Hmm.”, Luna mused, “We have in the past employed rogues for similar means, though our sister and we have always kept a short leash on them.”

The sound of shuffling feet at the door drew bother their attention and they saw John Constantine leaning against the frame.

“Nice to see that her royal highness has decided to join us among the land of the livin'”, Constantine said popping a cigarette in his mouth, “Oi, if yer not gonna say then I will. Why in the bloody 'ell do ya speak in sixteenth century English like yer bleedin' Queen Victoria?”

Luna raised an eyebrow. “Is this Queen Victoria one of thine rulers? As for our speech, we find ourselves slipping into old Equish when we are stressed, angry or tired. Thou best be glad we don't speak in the Royal Canterlot Voice or thou shalt be cowed in our presence.”

“Fat chance.”, Constantine snarked fishing around inside his trench coat and pulled out a lighter.

Superman walked up and took the lighter away. “What about oxygen rich environment don't you understand John?”, he scolded, “Best be glad it was me that caught this time. If Diana had caught you again, she'd probably break your hand. Do you want to...”

“I know! I know!”, Constantine interrupted, “Start an uncontrollable fire. Blah blah blah!” He blew a raspberry while jamming two fingers upwards. “Go sling yer 'ook ya big blue boy scout.” Throwing the cigarette down, he walked off muttering under his breath.

Superman turned to Luna, his expression softening. “I want to apologize for Constantine's behavior. If it wasn't for the fact he's an expert occult investigator and exorcist, none of us would have called him on this.”

“So that foulmouthed jackanape is skilled in combating the dark magics?”, Luna asked.

Superman chuckled. “Jackanape. I'll have to remember that. Is see you're becoming acquainted with Doctor Fate?”

“Yes. He is a most respectable stallion.”, Luna said, “Are your other wizards as well mannered as he is?”

“Yes they are princess.”, Doctor Fate said, “Though you may find Dr. Holland's appearance to be a bit off putting at first, I assure he is quite intelligent and actually very pleasant to talk to, when he actually talks.”

“Very well, we shall talk to the wizards.”, Luna said. He stomach growled and gurgled causing her to blush slightly. “After we get something to eat.”

Superman smiled and gestured for Luna to follow him. “So if you don't mind me asking, what does an inter-dimensional pony princess eat?”

“Apples, apple fritters, apple pie, berries, hay, oats, pancakes, daisy sandwiches and cake.”, Luna said, “Though our sister usually eats the cake before we can get a slice.”

“We may not have much in the way of hay or daisies, but we do have some apples, oatmeal, pancake mix and maybe a slice or two of cake.”, Superman said with a friendly smile.

“Might we ask for how long we were unconscious for?”

“You were out for about two hours.”, Superman said, “Inter-dimensional teleportation must have been exhausting.”

“Verily.”, Luna replied, “We nearly exhausted our magic coming here. If it wasn't for the help of sister Celestia, Mi Amore Cadenza, Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Shazam, Changeling, Raven and Pinkie Pie, we would have not been able to breach the inter-dimensional medium.”

“Celestia, Mi Amore Cadanza, Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie.”, Doctor Fate mused, “Those are some unusual names.”

“Clark, Barry, J'on J'onz and John are most unusual names to us.”, Luna said mildly annoyed.

“Point taken.”, Doctor Fate said.

When they made their way to one of the kitchens, Superman took an apple out of the drawer to which Luna levitated it out of his hand, up to her mouth and took a bite, chewing it.

Superman and Doctor Fate stared wonder as she ate it seeds and all before levitating a pineapple and few bananas out of a nearby bowl eating them rind, peels and all.

Luna levitated a nearby napkin and wiped her mouth, before looking over at the two looking at her. “Did I do something wrong?”

“Um, no.”, Superman responded, “I've never seen anyone other than myself and Supergirl be able to eat like that.”

“Alicorn resilience.”, Luna said, “In the past during famines me sister and I have had to resort to eating things other ponies couldn't eat so our subjects couldn't so that there might be enough to go around.”

“Your speech has changed, does that mean you're feeling more relaxed?”, Doctor Fate asked.

“You would be surprised how taxing and stressful inter-dimension travel can be.”, Luna said, “If it suits you better, I can go back to old Equish if you want.”

“Whatever way you choose to speak is fine.”, Doctor Fate said.

Superman. Doctor Fate and Luna entered into a room where Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Zatanna, Constantine, Green Lantern and Swamp Thing were gathered around a table.

Luna sat down and began talking, “I'm sure you're all curious as to why I'm here.”

“Oi, now she's talkin' like a bleedin' American.”, Constantine snarked, “Pick a lane and stick to it mmfmmfmmf!”

Luna covered Constantine's mouth with a dark blue aura, silencing him. Narrowing her turquoise eyes, she said, “You will be quiet and afford me the proper respect while I finish. If this were Equestria, I'd put you on cleaning duty with a tooth brush until it was clean to my standards and I have very exacting standards.” She released the field.

Zatanna raised her hand until Luna acknowledged her. “Could teach me that spell? We've all been wanting to do that since we all first met him. I bet it's a lot cleaner than Diana breaking his jaw.”

A round of laughs went around the table as Constantine glared, holding up two fingers and blowing a slow raspberry.

Luna went to speak, but paused raising an eyebrow, feeling a strange presence. “It seems there is an unseen presence here, possibly a specter.”

“That's Boston Brand.”, Hal Jordan said, “Say hi to the nice pony would you Boston?”

“Oh no! Not me again.”, Constantine said sharply, “Choose anyone but...” He went stiff for a moment before going slack, his eyes unfocused. “Greetings Princess Luna.”, an otherworldly voice came out of Constantine's mouth, “I am surprised you could sense me. Most don't even know I'm there unless unless they have been host to me at least once before. You may call me Boston Brand or Deadman if you prefer.”

“Greetings to you good sir Brand.”, Luna said, “If I may, might I ask you why are you here?”

“I have insights the living don't have.”, Deadman said, “I have been assisting Doctor Fate, Zatanna and John Constantine in interpreting your spell.”

“And what have you discovered?”, Luna asked politely.

“Whomever wrote that spell had extensive knowledge not only in magic, but also inter-dimension travel.”

“I should say so.”, Luna said, “It was transcribed by Princess Twilight Sparkle from a spell by Clover the Clever.”

Deadman mused for a moment. “I shall talk to you again in the future, maybe when we get to your homeland. It seams Constantine it screaming an obscenity-laden about wanting his body back. If I stay much longer, he won't be able to control his tongue and will likely say something we will all offensive.”

Constantine went limp for a moment. “Brr!”, he shivered, “Zog off ya dossy wanker! Why don't you possess someone else like Hal or Clark ya bleedin' ghost?!”

“Maybe it's because they don't risk an international or inter-dimensional incident by insulting visiting dignitaries or royalty by being unnecessarily being rude.”, Diana quipped.

“I'll show ya a bleedin' incident.”, Constantine grumbled.

Zatanna cleared her throat, “Can you tell us how we're supposed to get to your world?”

“In my saddlebags contains the information needed to return to Equestria, calculations, star charts and a spell matrix.”, Luna stated, “Though by seeing Doctor Fate looking over the matrix, I am safe in assuming that my things were searched?”

“Yes princess.”, Martian Manhunter spoke up, “We all felt it prudent for security reasons to inspect your belongings. I hope we didn't offend you.”

“No harm, no foul.”, Luna quipped, “I would have thought of you as lax if you had done any less.

***Equestria: Parts Unknown***

Lex Luthor, Ras AL'Ghul, The Brain and Vandal Savage stood around a console with dour expressions on their faces, with the exception of the brain, whose optical sensors gleamed with displeasure.

“Gentlemen, we must think of a new course of action.”, The Brain said in a robotic tone, “Lobo was an unforeseeable occurrence.”

“Why is Lobo even here?”, Luthor asked.

“He's usually a mercenary.”, Vandal Savage replied, “But he also likes to show up and fight everyone for fighting's sake.”

“It's a shame our initial strike was unable to bear any fruit on apprehending any of the element bearers or we could have control of their ultimate weapon and we can be sure are prepared for us now.”, Ras Al'Ghul said, “Every moment we waste is a further moment they have to prepare for us and a chance to call for help.”

As if on cue the was a bleeping on the console.

Luthor quickly typed on the keyboard pulling up a satellite image of Ponyville with a red blinking dot over it. “Gentlemen, it appears the equines have called for help.”

“Order the attack.”, The Brain said.

***Equestria: Manehattan***

Joker, Harley Quinn and several members of the Joker gang walk through the front door of a bank, the ponies inside look at them uncomfortably.

Harley points her shotgun at the ceiling and fires a shot, blowing a hole into one of the panels. “Alright ya mooks!”, she shouts, “This is a robbery. I want all ya's to lay on ya bellies with ya hooves on ya heads or blow them clean off! Capishe?”

The ponies fall to their bellies trembling. Two of the Joker gang members grabs the manager and drags him to the vault.

“Open it!”, Harley shouts leveling the shotgun at the manager's head.

After a few twists of the dials on the combination lock, the vault door unlocks with a loud “ka-shunk”. As the vault slowly swings open, a loud snap is heard amd the ponies in the bank disappears in a bright flash.

“Wha?!”, Harley exclaims looking around confused.

Joker stares laughing deeply as the vault door swings open. Pink cotton candy clouds with chocolate milk rain appear over the heads of the Joker, Harley and the Joker gang members.

Discord is in the vault, sitting on a throne made of stacked up bits. “Did anyone ever tell you have serious anger control issues, Ms. Quinnzel?”, he asks, “I thought you were a psychologist.”

Harley points her shotgun at Discord, who simply snaps his talon, making the shotgun go limp and floppy.

“What's the matter Harleen? Performance issues?”, Discord asks, “Happens to everyone from time to time. No need to be embarrassed.”

Harley shakes the shotgun a few time in disbelief as Joker laughs.She throws the weapon aside and pulls the baseball bat off her back.

“Oh goodie, baseball!”, Discord says. Snapping the digits on his lion's paw, he appears in the lobby wearing a pitcher's uniform. “Let's see if you can hit my screwball.” He pulls out a baseball with screws sticking out of it, does an over-exaggerated wind-up and throws the baseball.

As the baseball flies in a spinning, looping and zig-zagging pattern, Harley dives for cover.

“Aw poo!”, Discord says, “Here I was thinking you could be a great ball player.”

Harley stands up, blowing the hair from her face, with a grimace of anger.

As Harley starts to run at Discord, Joker grabs her by the arm and snatches her back, “Hold still for a minute, Harley!”

Harley glares for a moment. “But puddin'...” Her words stop when Joker looks at her sideways.

“You are certainly an interesting and jovial fellow.”, Joker says, “You're a riot. It's not many who can surprise me so.” He hops up on a counter, letting his feet swing. “So what can I do for you my good fellow?”

Discord floats in the air, coiling around Harley. “Well after looking at you with my own eyes, I must say I'm disappointed. Though you're chaotic, you're not the master of it.”, he says. He tickles Harley's nose with the tuft of his tail, causing her to sneeze. “But seeing you're an agent of chaos, I'll offer you a deal. There's this fellow who dresses up like a bat and is allergic to smiling.”

Joker grins as he steeples his fingers grinning. “Do go on.”

“I'll direct you to him as long as you promise not to harm a little yellow pegasus.”

Joker hops down from the counter, grasps his hands behind his back and crosses his fingers. “Of course old chap. You have my promise as a gentleman.”

“There's this town called Ponyville, the bat fellow is there.”, Discord says in a pleased tone, “Just follow the tracks and in about two days you'll get there.” he places his fingers at the corners of Harley's mouth, pulling it up into a smile. “You should smile more my dear. People might like you more.” Discord vanishes in a snap of his tail, leaving a brightly-colored feather boa wrapped around Harley.

Walking to the door of the bank, Joker gestures for Harley and the gang members to follow him.

Discord watches from a reflection, drumming his fingers. “Cross your fingers behind you back will ya? I invented the dirty double cross. Wait for the little surprise I have waiting for you.”

***The Watchtower: Earth's orbit***

Luna stood on the main deck looking over the gathered members of the Justice League. She made a mental not of each of them, Catwoman, Etrogan, John Constantine, Doctor Fate, Zatanna, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, Deadman possessing the body of a currently depowered Hawkgirl, Swamp Thing, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Blue Beetle, Plastic Man, Red Tornado, Flash, Hercules and The Wonder Twins. The two that seemed out of place were Alfred Pennyworth and Lucius Fox.

Luna looked over Alfred, who several utility belts slung across his shoulders, a pistol on his hip and a shotgun in his hand and Lucius Fox, who had a dozen portable factories and chemistry sets with him, folded up to look like suitcases. “I understand why they are coming, but why are you two coming?”

“I promised to always look after Master Bruce.”, Alfred said, “Nobody knows him better than I. My years with M-I-five shall proove useful. Besides I nobody makes a better cup of tea than I.”

“If Mister Wayne is over there, he's going to need me to make and repair tech for him.”, Lucius replied, “When this is all over, I can build the machine to get us all back. There may also be ample opportunity to expand Wayne enterprises, with your permission of course your majesty.”

Luna smirked for a second. “A loyal butler who served as a father and a loyal employee willing to go to the ends of reality for his employer.” She levitated a piece of chalk and began drawing out the spell matrix.

When she had finished, Luna said, “Alright everypony, gather around and lock forelimbs, this will be...a harrowing experience.” She looked to Superman and Supergirl, “Are the two of you coming?”

“We will be along shortly.”, Superman said, “I need to alert all remaining League members of where we are going, so they can better prepare for any criminals here.”

“Admirable.”, Luna said, “Alright everypony, hold on!” She lit the magic in her horn, sending the energy into the matrix. After several seconds the portal began to open.

***Ponyville***

The ponies and heroes had Metallo, Doctor Light and Two Face gathered up under a tree with magical fields restraining them. The three alicorns stood around the spell matrix, waiting for a sign that a new portal was going to open. A bright flash caught them all off guard.

“What happened?!”, Celestia shouted.

Oracle quickly typed on her laptop. “It looks like a Lex-tech teleportation!”

Another bright flash cause Bane, Black Adam and a handful of assassins to appear.

Celestia took an aggressive stance, wings flaring. “Keep watch over the matrix, I'll handle them!” She stepped forward. “Depart now and I can assure that you will leave unscathed!”

Bane stepped forward, cracking his neck and adjusting the dial on his glove. “I break you big caballito!” He slapped the button his chest sending venom through his body. He roared in triumph as his muscle mass increased.

Celestia pawed the dirt with a hoof, snorting. “Very well, if that's your wish.”, she said norrowing her eyes.

Bane and Celestia charged each other. They met with a loud crash. Bane grappled with Celestia, who steadily pushed him back with her greater strength. Rearing up, she flicked Bane away.

Black Adam teleported past Celestia, towards the matrix. Cadance shoved Twilight away and stood to face Black Adam. She reared up and struck her hard forehooves across his face. Black Adam staggered backwards and wiped his mouth, looking up to Cadance he smiled. He rushed towards Cadance, who threw up a shield to protect herself. Throwing a powerful punch, he shattered the shield and grabbed her in a bear hug. “SHAZAM!”, he shouted as multiple lightning bolts sailed out of the sky and slammed into Cadance.

Black Adam tossed the Twitching body of Cadance to the ground and turned his attention to Twilight. Twilight fire bolts of magic at Black Adam, who held up a hand blocking them, before snatching her up by the neck. Crackles of electricity ran along his fingers, making Twilight's body to twitch. Shazam slammed his fist into the face of Black Adam, sending him bouncing on the ground and Twilight through in air in a flat spin.

As Shazam and Black Adam locked up in a brawl, Twilight sailed through the window of the library. She bounced across the floor and fell through one of the holes accidentally made by Derpy. She fell into the basement, bouncing off the cabinet, dislodging the yellow ring and power batter as she crashed to the floor.

“Make your enemies fear you.”, the yellow power battery whispered.

Twilight slowly rose from the floor, and used her magic to put on the yellow ring.

As several assassins circled around Celestia, she snarled seeing Cadance laying unconscious on the ground and Twilight crash through the window of the library.

Power began to crackle across the matrix and Celestiansummoned her magic, created a bright flash of light, blinding the assassins. She teleported to the matrix and began pouring her magic into it.

Bane rushed forward, jacked on venom. “Oh no you don't caballito!”, he shouted and grabbed Celestia's tail, dragging her backwards slowly.

“Get off you ass!”, Celestia shouted and bucked her hind legs hard into Bane, sending him sailing away. She began pumping her magic into the matrix.

In a bright flash or multicolored light, Luna and the members of the Justice League appeared.

Seeing they had lost their advantage, the assassins dropped smoke bombs and fled under the cover of smoke. Black Adam knocked Shazam away, flew over and scooped Bane up, then vanished in a flash of lighning.

“Luna?!”, Celestia said, “Are these the hyoo-mohns to help us?”

“Aye sister.”

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment