• Published 9th Mar 2020
  • 3,105 Views, 28 Comments

One Last Sunset - marisajmorris



Equestria is near its end, and the end will cease the eternal lives of its two remaining princesses.

  • ...
3
 28
 3,105

Epilogue

Author's Note:

I threw this together over the course of two days due to a couple people requesting it in the comment section, so it's obviously not as good. But I strictly focused on the plot, as that's what was requested in the first place.

Twilight was the first to step into the void on the other side of the portal.

Everything was pitch black at first, until she heard something from afar.

Something very familiar. A familiar giggle, specifically.

As she looked in the direction of the noise, a certain pink mare trotted her way, followed by 4 other mares, and a certain purple dragon.

Twilight recognized them almost immediately, and once they recognized her, everyone engaged in a group hug, with Twilight's large wings spread across the backs of the others.

Rainbow Dash looked up at Twilight, trying her hardest not to cry. "How in Equestria did you get here?!" she asked, completely baffled.

Twilight laughed and used a feather to wipe away the single tear that fell from Rainbow's eye. "Equestria finally met its end after a few thousand years. When its time came, so did ours."

"Ours?" they asked in unison.

Suddenly, there was another flash of light as Celestia stepped through the portal. The other mares, along with Spike, bowed as usual, making Celestia snicker under her breath. Even in death, they didn't understand that she wasn't their ruler anymore.

Shortly after, Rarity remembered that there was another pony in this void, that she knew Celestia had been longing to see again. "Celestia," she piped up. "There's someone here to see you."

She suddenly disappeared into the void to fetch this certain pony, leaving Celestia anxious and eager at the same time. She was confident as to who Rarity was talking about, and when Rarity brought this mare before her, she completely broke.

Luna died thousands of years before she did, and to see her after such a long time made her feel the same way she did when she came back from the moon. Without hesitation, she ran to her beloved younger sister and tightly embraced her. Fresh tears ran down both their faces, as well as the faces of the others.

"I've missed you so much," she whispered.

Luna couldn't tell whether she was laughing or crying, but she didn't care which one, for she was reunited with the most important pony in her life once again.

"I've missed you, too," she replied, drying her eyes as they pulled away from each other.

Celestia then explained Equestria's fall to everypony at once, and the group reminisced for a while about their lives during Equestria's existence.

"You know, the rest of Equestria is here, too," Spike said. "Why don't we show you around here? You might as well get used to it right away, right?"

Celestia and Twilight nodded in unison, and they continued along the void. They met several creatures from Equestria's beginning to its end, many of whom they remembered distinctly. Soon, Twilight joined her former mentor's side, and the two trailed behind the rest for a while.

"See? I told you it was worth it."

Celestia gave Twilight her usual warm smile and replied, "I know. As much as I miss home, it truly was."

Twilight gave her an "I told you so" look before using a wing to pull her close.

"You'll be okay. I promise," she whispered. She knew Celestia was still struggling with the fall of Equestria, but also knew that she was perfectly capable of getting through it, with a little help, of course.

Celestia felt another round of tears coming and fully embraced Twilight. As she quietly wept for a quick moment, she could only get two words out.

"Thank you..."

The End

Comments ( 6 )
Comment posted by marisajmorris deleted Mar 28th, 2020

10148281

10148246
I just published the epilogue.

(Insert tears of joy pony face here).

Beautiful. I love it. Of course in my story I have Twilight give up her immortality to pass with her friends. But this is good. Even if she does outlive them it doesnt have to be forever. If I were to write one where she is immortal and outlives them I'd probably have her turn into a dark alicorn and take revenge on Celestia.

Not more onions....
:fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry::fluttercry:
It's too sad and SO VERY BEAUTIFUL :raritycry::raritycry::raritycry::raritycry:

Login or register to comment