• Published 7th Mar 2020
  • 1,560 Views, 33 Comments

Sweet Affection 5: The Quest to True Love - Masterob



Rumble must reunite with Sweetie Belle to overcome odds.

  • ...
9
 33
 1,560

Affection is Eternal

All of the creatures who joined in on this big epic battle rejoiced, having found victory against the beast Grogar. Equestria was safe again, all the evil doers finally defeated.

The Storm King soldiers, the ones that survived, were rounded up, Twilight would deal with them later. The Alicorn Amulet was taken in by Shining Armor, with Starlight grabbing Neighsay's magical artifact as well, fully intending to return it to the EEA leader.

At the moment, there was still one unresolved conflict, what to do with the six former villains who had turned on Grogar to help save Equestria. Prior to all this, the had done some misdeeds, having attacked villages and stolen various goods, so some consequences were likely. But Twilight wanted to figure out something that could be beneficial to all.

She, along with her friends, as well as Rumble and The Crusaders, stood before the six, considering all the options at her disposal. "So, while you all did some really terrible things, you still helped to save Equestria, at your own free will. I can probably let you off with something minor, I've done favor for Starlight after all."

"Minor like what?" Adagio asked.

"Maybe, a public apology?" Twilight suggested.

"That's it?" Tirek asked. "I think I could accept that."

"You also have to do goo deeds for the ponies across Equestria," Twilight said.

"Ugh, should have known it wouldn't be that easy," Tirek said, sighing in defeat. "Honestly this seems like a risk, I mean how many ponies are even going to trust us?"

"It's going to be a process I admit, but it will be worth it to show that you're all better than most ponies think you are," Twilight said.

"So it's for real then?" Rainbow Dash asked. "They're on our side now?"

"Seems that way," Twilight said, then turned back to the others. "I mean, do you want to join us? Will you accept our friendship?"

The six former villains seemed a little hesitant to answer at first, either due to embarrassment or uncertainty. However one stepped forward, that being Sonata Dusk. "I want to try being friends, especially if Adagio ad Aria want to try as well."

Twilight turned her attention to the two sirens, "Would you like to be friends?"

Adagio looked a bit unsure, her pride nearly getting in the way. It took a surprise answer from Aria to shift her opinion. "Yeah, I want to."

Sonata gasped, looking quite happy. "Wow, you mean it Aria!?"

"If it'll make you happy, then sure, I don't see why not," Aria said.

"That just leaves Adagio," Twilight said, turning to the Siren leader. "What will it be?"

Of course there was some hesitation, Adagio wasn't too quick or even that willing to consider Twilight's proposal of Friendship. But both her friends are already on board, and while she still doesn't like Twilight much, she still wants to be with them.

"Fine, I'll join too," Adagio said. "As leader of The Dazzlings, I hereby revoke all animosity against Equestria."

"YAY! I'm so happy!" Sonata said, pulling both her friends in for a hug. "We can finally be part of a normal society!"

"Yeah, sure, normal," Adagio said. "One problem though, we still need to feed off negative emotions. It is how we obtain our nutrients."

"We can do something similar to what the Changelings do," Sweetie Belle said. "And let ponies give you their negative energy."

"Would that even work?" Aria said. "Why would ponies willingly share something like that? I mean you're going for a world of harmony."

"Even in a harmonious world, ponies always feel sadness or unhappiness about something," Twilight explained. "Maybe they had a bad day or maybe they're going through something stressful. You three could help the ponies by taking in their negativity and relieving them of it."

"Like a therapist!" Sonata asked.

"Eh, something like that, part of being a friend means helping ponies with their burdens, and I think you three would be perfect for that, if you're up to it at least," Twilight said.

"You can help a lot of ponies with your abilities," Fluttershy said. "You have a chance to use your gifts for the greater good."

"Then it's settled, we happily welcome The Dazzlings as part of our Harmonious Family," Twilight said.

"And they can live with us at The Crystal Empire!" Flurry excitedly said, popping in. "They can stay in our castle too!"

"Easy Flurry, that's for them to decide," Twilight said. "And you should make sure your parents are fine with that idea as well."

"Don't worry, I can usually get my daddy to give me what I want, I'm his special little princess after all," Flurry teased.

"Riiiiight," Twilight said, little unsure about her niece's comment. She turned her attention to the former Changeling queen, "As for Chrysalis, your situation is easy. You can go through metamorphosis like Thorax and the other Changelings and you can live in Harmony with them."

Chrysalis did not look too sure, "I understand your intentions, however if I am being truly honest, that idea is not as easy as it sounds."

"It can be, Thorax would be more than willing to allow you back into the Hive," Twilight said. "I mean, you just risked your life to save Equestria, I think that's very noble and a good show of faith."

"Twilight, to go back to my Kingdom now would be rather shameful, it'd be a constant reminder of my failures, to go from being Queen to being a commoner and in the eyes of many, a disgrace would be a terrible fate to endure," Chrysalis said.

"Chrysalis, I know it might not be easy, Starlight can definitely relate since she too felt like an outcast in the village she led, but I believe that Thorax and the others would just be happy to see you back and see that you've fully accepted Friendship," Twilight said.

"Even if they are happy to have me back, it still does not make this decision any easier, to see the Hive that I once ruled under the tillage of another," Chrysalis said. "I mean no disrespect to Thorax, but I do not feel like I belong at the Hive just yet. Deep down I still have a lot of resentment towards them for turning on me, honestly I don't even know if I'm ready to really call anyone my friend just yet."

"What abut Cozy Glow?" Rumble asked. "You seemed very worried about her when her life was in danger."

"Call it pity, as a mother to many of The Changelings, I simply related to her plight," Chrysalis said.

"Huh? What does being a mother have to do with this?" Twilight asked.

"You'll have to ask Cozy Glow yourself," Chrysalis explained.

"Well, at least consider my prior proposal," Twilight said. "Thorax could probably benefit from your presence a well, maybe you can be an advisor?"

"...What a downgrade, but fine, I shall consult with Thorax and get his input," Chrysalis said.

"Excellent, that just leaves Tirek and Cozy Glow," Twilight said. "The question is what to do with the both of you."

"First thing's first," Applejack said. "Tirek should probably return any magic he took, and from his size, it looks like he took a lot."

"Aw, I knew I'd have to do that," Tirek complained, looking to his muscles. "I could never stay buff, you know what it's like having all this muscle and losing it? I look like such a weakling without it."

"We can compromise Tirek, maybe you won't be as buff but you'll have plenty of magic," Twilight said.

"Plus some of it came from Grogar's bell, I don't think Twilight will take that from you," Adagio said.

"Eh, guess so," Tirek replied, then readied his spell. "Alright, stand back, gotta concentrate and..." Within seconds, Tirek send out magic all over Equestria, all of it returning to ponies and other creatures he swiped it from. Doing so did decrease his size, but he still had some muscle left over from the magic he got from Grogar's bell.

"Thank you Tirek, that was very mature of you to do that," Twilight said.

"Yeah, yeah, don't patronize me filly," Tirek said, still somewhat pouty. "Where exactly am I suppose to stay though?"

"You could come to our farm, could use the extra muscle," Applejack said.

"Excuse me?" Tirek asked in disbelief. "You expect me to become a farmer? I was a Prince in my land, I can't be a farmer."

"Sure you can, nothing like a little hard work to really make you feel accomplished," Applejack said. "Why knocking down all those Apples can be quite the workout, you'll be able to gain muscle that way."

"Eh...still seems a bit degrading," Tirek said.

"Well what about your homeland?" Twilight asked. "Would you ever consider returning?"

"And do what? I haven't seen my family in over 1000 years, I don't even know what my brother's up to these says, if he's even still alive," Tirek said.

"Still, maybe you'll find some purpose there," Twilight said. "It's worth a shot."

"Fine, might be hard to get there though, it's been so long after all," Tirek said. "I probably won't even know my way around."

"Maybe you can ask Starswirl, he and your brother Scorpan are pretty good friends, and he has visited the Nether Lands, he can show you around and keep you up to date on any chances," Twilight suggested.

Tirek did consider that, truthfully he does want to see what his family's Kingdom is like these days. However he had one lingering thing on his mind, "You know, you're being awfully nice considering we tried destroying you many times before."

"I am inclined to agree with Tirek, given the stories Cozy Glow has told us, we expected some hesitation," Chrysalis said.

"I already made a mistake once before like that, so I made a promise not to repeat that mistake," Twilight said. "Plus you all proved yourselves when you fought against Grogar, the least I could do is this favor for all of you."

"I...guess that makes sense?" Tirek said.

"I understand if you don't trust me," Twilight began. "But I do hope that-"

"Hey! hold on!" Rainbow Dash interrupted. "No offense but you shouldn't be earning their trust Twilight! They should be earning yours considering everything they've done!"

"Rainbow Dash, not a good idea!" Twilight warned.

"Hey I'm just being honest here," Rainbow Dash said."

"I thought that was Applejack's thing?" Sonata said, little clueless at the moment.

"Not the point," Rainbow Dash said. "Look I get that you all helped out and we do appreciate it, but it really isn't fair to make Twilight feel like she has to work extra hard for your confidence. She, the ruler of Equestria, giving you all a chance at a better life, you really should take her word for it."

"It's fine Rainbow Dash, their hesitation is to be expected," Twilight said. "I just hope one day we can move past it, but I am willing to take my time in befriending the six of you."

"Eh, with effort it is possible," Tirek reluctantly admitted. "It still might be weird for us, considering we were mortal enemies at one point."

"Starlight was able to adjust," Sweetie Belle said. "And so was Discord."

"Where is Discord?" Sonata asked. "I'm surprised he didn't help."

"Discord only helps if Fluttershy's in danger," Rumble said.

"Rumble, that's not entirely true," Twilight scolded. "Discord's just...running by his own clock let's say."

"Discord isn't someone that I am that eager to see anyway," Tirek said.

"Same with the Princesses," Chrysalis said. "Rather, the last Princesses who ruled."

"Right, Celestia and Luna, wait until they hear about everything that's gone on," Twilight said. "They'll be pretty surprised to know you helped save Equestria."

Chrysalis flashed a smug smile upon hearing that, "Honestly, I'd love to see the looks on their faces when they find out."

"Imagine Discord's reaction, bet he never saw this coming," Tirek said, chuckling a bit.

Twilight turned her attention to the youngest of the group, the once villainous filly who, with any luck, can finally learn the true Magic of Friendship. "Cozy Glow..."

"Twilight..." Cozy replied.

"So, Chrysalis mentioned that you two share the commonality of motherhood, would you mind elaborating?" Twilight asked. "If you want to at least, just so I can help in any way."

"If I tell you, promise you won't be too mad," Cozy Glow said.

"Oh, you're worried I'll be mad at you?" Twilight asked. "That's...kind of cute honestly."

"Not me, at Rumble," Cozy Glow said, gesturing to the very nervous colt. Sweetie Belle was right beside him, feeling very sorry for the boy.

"Rumble?" Twilight looked back to him, she could tell immediately he was worried about something. "What happened exactly?"

"I'm pregnant," Cozy Glow admitted. "And Rumble's the father."

Twilight's pupils immediately shrank, Rainbow Dash's mouth hung open, Fluttershy looked highly surprised, Rarity had an aghast reaction, Applejack just gawked curiously at Rumble and Pinkie Pie just stood there, not sure how to even process this.

"P-pregnant!?" Twilight repeated. "When? How? I mean I know how you got pregnant, but...ugh, explain!"

"Wait, why do I need to explain, you're not my mother!" Cozy Glow said.

Twilight noticed somepony in the corner of her eyes. Flashing a devious smile, she turned her attention back to the sassy filly, "No, but I know somepony who's like a mother to you."

"Who are you..." Cozy began to realize who Twilight meant once she saw Flitter flying in from the distance. "Oh no..."

"Cozy Glow!" Flitter rushed in to crush the filly in a hug. "Oh I'm so happy to see you! It's been so long! I mean I've had a chance to see you but you probably don't remember since you were made of stone but I always came by to see your statue, hoping and praying for the day you get released from stone and..." Flitter wiped away some tears, "Sorry I'm getting a little emotional, I'm just so relieved to see you out and about after all these years!"

"Yeah, I've missed you too Flitter," Cozy said, trying her hardest to withstand the bone crushing hug.

"You've hardly changed too!" Flitter said, finally letting go, much to Cozy's relief. "Guess that's the side affect of being turned to stone."

"I'll grow soon, Grogar gave me magic so my body can match my age, but it's slow acting," Cozy Glow explained.

"Still, I'm so happy that you've proven just what a great filly you are, I mean you saved Equestria!" Flitter kissed Cozy's head. "I'm so proud of you!"

"Aw...thanks Flitter," Cozy Glow said, happy at being accepted by the mare she saw as a mother/big sister figure.

"Um, I hate to interrupt the reunion," Twilight said. "But Cozy has some explaining to do."

"Hey can't you bug her about this later? I mean she just saved the world, I think she's earned a little reprieve," Flitter said.

"Yeah, what she said," Cozy Glow said.

Twilight furrowed her brow in annoyance, "This isn't an interrogation, something major happened with Cozy Glow, and she really needs our help with this, but she's being too stubborn to let us help."

Flitter turned to Cozy Glow, "Do you want to tell me and I'll tell Twilight? I know you don't like her so I get you don't want to talk directly to her."

"Can you NOT encourage that type of mindset?" Rainbow Dash said.

"It's fine, it's a process," Twilight said.

"Flitter, it's just really embarrassing, and you might be mad," Cozy Glow said.

"You just saved Equestria, whatever bad thing you did, I think I can forgive," Flitter said.

"Might as well tell her, she'll find out," Rumble said.

"Find out what?" Flitter asked. "What's the secret?"

"Secret? What secret?" Starlight Glimmer asked, showing up with Spike, Sunset Shimmer, Thunderlane and Cloudchaser.

"Rumble!" Cloudchaser flew over to hug the colt, "Thank Heavens you're alright."

"Yeah I'm doing fine, nothing I can't handle," Rumble said.

"Yeah, Rumble's indestructible," Dinky said, making her way over with Tender Taps and the Barrel Twins.

"Indestructible might be a bit much," Rumble said.

"Well he has survived a great deal," Chrysalis pointed out. "He took several hits from Grogar and lived."

"Well I had to try and save Sweetie Belle," Rumble said. "But yeah, Grogar hits hard."

"You're such a badass Rumble," Dinky said. "It's official, the day I want to have kids, I want you to be their father."

That caused an awkward blush from Rumble, Sweetie Belle, Cozy Glow and a slight snicker from the former villains.

"Well let's hope whoever you're with is alright with that," Rumble said.

"Ah might be," Apple Bloom said, getting everypony's attention. "Oh right, we haven't told anyone yet."

"Now's a good of time as any," Dinky said. "Me and Apple Bloom are gonna start dating."

"Whoa really!?" Scootaloo asked.

"Aw, how nice," Fluttershy said.

"Go Dinky!" Cloudchaser cheered.

"How long has this been a thing?" Rumble asked.

"Uh, since a couple nights ago," Dinky said with a blush, though immediately noticed an unhappy Applejack. "It wasn't anything risque if that's what you're wondering, we just talked and soon we started feeling things for each other."

"We wanted to tell y'all but given the fact that villains were attacking Equestria, we figured to put our relationship on hold until we were certain of our future," Apple Bloom said.

"So now me and Apple Bloom are totally gonna date," Dinky said, before turning her attention to Applejack. "If that's cool with you."

"Fine by me, just make sure you treat her right, or not only will you have me to deal with, but we have a very protective older brother who might not take kindly to anypony who messes with his little sisters," Applejack warned.

"Oh I wouldn't dream of ticking off either you or Big Macintosh," Dinky nervously said.

"While this is all very sweet to hear, we do have another matter to address," Twilight said, then turned back to Cozy Glow. "Floor's all yours."

Cozy Glow sighed in annoyance, no matter how many times she admits it today, it still feels awkward. Probably would have been better to tell everypony at once but she couldn't predict the day.

"For starters everypony, I'm pregnant," Cozy Glow again confessed.

"Pregnant!?" Flitter shouted in disbelief. "How!? When!? Who!?"

"How...can't say in front of Flurry," Cozy joked, much to the filly's annoyance. "When, five years ago before me, Chrysalis, Tirek and The Dazzlings attacked Canterlot, who, that would be-"

"Wait hold on a second," Flitter said. "You've been pregnant for five years!?"

"That's what I said!" Scootaloo said. Flitter shot an annoyed glare, causing Scootaloo to step back. "Sorry, continue."

"To answer your question Flitter, I suppose you can say I was pregnant for five years," Cozy admitted.

Flitter turned her attention to Twilight, "Did the Princesses know before they turned her into a statue!?"

"Of course not, I don't think anypony knew," Twilight said. "We wouldn't have done that if we knew, even if Cozy deserved it, her foal wouldn't have."

"She did NOT deserve it!" Flitter shouted. "Honestly it's a good thing Celestia retired, she got senile in her old age."

"Watch it..." Twilight warned.

"As for you, what the hell took you so long to free Cozy Glow!?" Flitter asked. "You're one of the reasons I left Ponyville years back!"

"Flitter I had already moved to Canterlot, what did you leaving accomplish?" Twilight asked.

"I wasn't going to live in a town that had your legacy written all over it, or your friends," Flitter said.

"I remember that day, we all moved to Cloudsdale," Cloudchaser said, gesturing to herself, Thunderlane and Rumble.

"Golly, you really must have missed me Flitter if you were that angry," Cozy Glow said.

"Of course, I love you Cozy Glow," Flitter said.

"You're not mad that I'm pregnant?" Cozy Glow asked.

Flitter shook her head, "No, maybe a bit surprised though. Who got you pregnant anyway?"

"That was me," Rumble confessed.

Flitter had to check her ears afterwards, she wasn't sure if that really was Rumble, or rather she hoped it wasn't him. "Mind repeating that dear?"

"I got Cozy Glow pregnant, five years ago," Rumble said.

"Rumble...you got her pregnant?" Flitter asked. "That means you...and she..."

"Yeah, we did...a lot," Rumble said, blushing a bit.

"That's my bro," Thunderlane praised.

"Dude!" Cloudchaser shouted, punching Thunderlane in the face, knocking him down. Rumble gulped at the sight of his brother taking that blow, Cloudchaser was scary when angry. It didn't help that she focused her attention right back at him. "As for you Rumble, I can't believe you got her pregnant! I didn't even know you were active!"

"Same, when did you have time?" Flitter asked.

"Let's just say we were really quiet, or on occasion, snuck off to my house," Rumble said.

"Wait, you snuck Cozy Glow away when she was not suppose to leave Flitter's presence!?" Rainbow Dash shouted. "You knew she couldn't do that Rumble!"

"Give me a break, I was feeling...urges and I thought Twilight's rules were stupid so I ignored them!" Rumble said.

"Well, now you're paying the price, you got her pregnant, what now then?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Honestly maybe it was a good thing Cozy Glow as a statue, no way you could have handled being a father back then," Thunderlane said. "I mean you were a kid yourself, you still needed to be tucked in at night."

"DON'T TELL EVERYONE THAT!" Rumble angrily shouted, a huge blush on his face.

"Just saying bro," Thunderlane said, backing off a bit.

"I've tucked Rumble in myself those nights, really, really well," Cozy said with a blush.

"Um..." Flurry scratched her head. "I'm so confused right now."

"If you want information, you'll have to ask your parents," Twilight said. "Only they can tell you."

"Alright look, I know I goofed up but I'm ready to face my responsibility," Rumble said. "I will take care of Cozy Glow during this and help her raise her baby."

"So, you two intend to marry, correct?" Chrysalis asked.

Before Rumble could answer, Cozy Glow spoke up first, "No, we're not getting married."

Rumble looked confused by this answer, total opposite of everything Cozy Glow's been saying . "Um...Cozy Glow, I thought you wanted to get married."

"I did but...I don't think we should," Cozy Glow said.

"What changed your mind?" Rumble asked.

"For starters, are you even in love with me Rumble?" Cozy Glow asked.

"Uh...well..." Rumble wasn't sure how to answer.

"Yeah your hesitation is very reassuring," Cozy Glow sarcastically stated. "I know you don't love me, you're still in love with Sweetie Belle. I was just a rebound in the end, you couldn't have her so you settled for me. That was a really crummy thing to do Rumble."

Rumble was surprised to hear this coming from Cozy Glow, "Uh, how did you even...-"

"I overheard you and Sweetie Belle, probably should have waited til you two had some privacy," Cozy Glow said. "To top it all off, you were kissing her just a moment ago."

"Sweetie Belle?" Rarity said, getting her sister's attention. "Is that true? Did you really kiss Rumble?"

"Yeah..." Sweetie Belle shyly admitted.

"You two are still in love with each other, so obviously any feelings Rumble had for me were fake!" Cozy Glow angrily shouted.

"Hey come on now, fake's a bit much," Rumble said. "I mean, I did care about you, I still do, it's just that...well..."

"Oh just save it, it doesn't matter what you felt then, what matters is what you feel now, and your feelings are for Sweetie Belle, and not me!" Cozy Glow turned away to hide the tears in her eyes. "You can have her then, be happy with your little Sweetie Belle. I don't need you to raise my baby, I can do it by myself!"

With that Cozy ran off, sprinkles of tears leaving her eyes despite the others trying to call her back over.

"She's emotional," Tirek commented.

"She's pregnant and got her heart broken, of course she's emotional," Aria said.

"Poor Cozy Glow," Apple Bloom said. "Ah feel so bad fer her."

Rumble started making his way over, "I'll see if I can reason with her."

"Wait," Sweetie Belle said, "Let me see if I can get through to her."

"Uh, is that a good idea?" Rumble asked. "She probably hates you since she sees you as a romantic rival."

"But she was my friend once, even if it was very brief," Sweetie Belle said. "If I can reignite something then maybe she'll feel a little less tense, plus I've been meaning to say a few things to her anyway." Sweetie Belle ran off after Cozy Glow, leaving the others worried, hoping for success.

As Cozy Glow ran she had stopped near a tree and sat against it, taking a breath, that and she was too upset to keep moving. She had no idea what to do now, very well knowing she can't raise a baby alone. Maybe she wouldn't have to be alone though, she could rely on her villain friends to help, but she didn't expect them to be fully on board, except maybe Sonata.

There was also Flitter, but being with her might mean interacting with Rumble, and that's not something she was eager to do yet.

"Cozy Glow!" that was Sweetie Belle calling. Cozy looked over to her romantic rival. Part of her hates Sweetie Belle, but she can't fully bring herself to admit that because she doesn't believe it to be fully true.

"What is it Sweetie Belle?" Cozy answered, trying not to show any emotion.

Sweetie Belle rushed over to the other filly, taking note of her expression. Cozy tried turning away to hide her face but it was easy to tell she was very unhappy.

"You ran off so suddenly, I got kind of worried," Sweetie Belle said.

"Pfft, what's there to be worried about? At least if I'm not around I won't get in your way," Cozy Glow said.

"I know you're mad Cozy Glow but running off like that is not a good idea," Sweetie Belle said. "For one it could be dangerous, there might be monsters around."

"I still have Alicorn powers, I can take care of myself," Cozy Glow said.

"Maybe but we don't want to take any chances, you need to come back with us now, even though you're a hero for helping us, you still need to answer to your villainous acts," Sweetie Belle said. "Twilight will go easy on you, especially since you're pregnant."

"I can't go back Sweetie Belle, it's too embarrassing," Cozy Glow said. "I basically broke up with the pony who got me pregnant, just so he can be with a girl he actually loves. All I was to him was a means to relieve his urges, a replacement for you until he could get you back."

"Rumble didn't mean it like that, I mean I do think he cares about you, he was really sad when you turned into a statue, I remember being there the first time he saw you," Sweetie Belle said. "Rumble was heart broken."

"Even if he did like me, he probably forgot all about it, he went right back to you, because in the end you're all he wants," Cozy Glow said.

"Well, to be fair Cozy Glow, the only reason the two of us broke up was because you kissed him," Sweetie Belle reminded. "You brought this on yourself, you shouldn't have tried seducing a colt you knew was taken, but you were a villain at the time so I guess that was just part of your goals."

"I didn't seduce him just to get information or anything, I genuinely liked him!" Cozy Glow said. "I was in love with Rumble, I wanted him to be my coltfriend, and I always get whatever I want."

"Well Cozy Glow, that's not how life works, trying to get what you want through force or manipulation is wrong," Sweetie Belle said.

"But manipulating is my thing! It's how I got my Cutie Mark!" Cozy Glow said, pointing to her mark. "It's my talent, it means something to me. I tasted greatness thanks to it! Being Headmare of Twilight's school, being Rumble's girlfriend, being part of a massive alliance of powerful villains!"

"How did those things work out for you?" Sweetie Belle asked.

Cozy Glow had no answer, or rather she couldn't think of an answer. She looked angry again, she wanted to lash out, she glared right at Sweetie Belle, ready to give the filly a piece of her mind. However, she couldn't bring herself to say anything, no matter how hard she tried.

"I wish I could hate you, but I can't hate a pony who saved my life," Cozy Glow said, wiping some tears from her eyes. "So consider me letting you have Rumble my way of paying you back."

"That's not enough for me," Sweetie Belle said.

"Well what do you even want from me then!?" Cozy Glow asked, getting even more teary-eyed. "I already gave you Rumble, oh what do you want my foal too? You think the foal is rightfully yours now?"

"I would never take your child, it's yours, I hope you love it very much," Sweetie Belle said. "But it's not about having Rumble, it's about making things right. I know Rumble, he won't let you raise that baby on your own, because that's his baby too. Even if he isn't in love with you, he still cares about you as well, you are the mother of his first child. Truth be told, that's an honor I hoped to have, but even I've made mistakes, and that led to your pregnancy. I should have fought harder for Rumble, I should have just waited, I never should have gone with Tender Taps. So I'll handle that burden. Still, even if I'm with Rumble, I don't want him separated from his child, but I also don't want you to be either. You both should have a hoof in raising it, and I'll help."

"Where are you going with this?" Cozy Glow asked.

"Come live with us Cozy Glow, we'll take care of you and your baby," Sweetie Belle said.

"Me? Live with you and Rumble?" Cozy Glow asked.

"I mean, we don't have a house of our own, but I can talk to my family and see if you can stay with me, and when Rumble and I get married and have our own place to live, you can move in with us," Sweetie Belle offered.

Cozy Glow did not seem too keen on this idea, "I can't live with you, that's...that would be weird! I mean, it'd be a constant reminder that I couldn't get married to the stallion I love!"

"Maybe not, but you can still raise a baby with him," Sweetie Belle said. "Cozy Glow, I just want to make sure you and your baby are safe and happy, that's why I want you with us."

"Still, I doubt Rumble will go for this, he told me he didn't want a herd," Cozy Glow said.

"It's not a 'herd', you're just living with us, you'll be part of our family, but in a different way," Sweetie Belle said. "At least think about it, I mean even if you're not fully married, you'll still have Rumble looking out for you, protecting you and raising a child with you, isn't that at least close enough?"

"I guess...but part of the fun of being married is the romance, being with Rumble," Cozy Glow said.

"I get what you're saying," Sweetie Belle said, trying to consider all possibilities. "We'll figure something out. We'll talk more on it when we get back to Ponyville, but until then, please come back with me. I mean, you wouldn't want Flitter to worry about you."

"I guess not..." Cozy Glow said. "Fine, I'll come."

"Glad to hear," Sweetie Belle said, gesturing the filly to follow. "Let's hurry, this place looks gross."

The two started walking back together, Cozy Glow staying close to Sweetie Belle. "By the way, Sweetie Belle..."

"Yeah?" the filly replied.

"Sorry for locking you in a closet all those years ago," Cozy Glow said.

"It's fine, at least that's all you did," Sweetie Belle said.

"I really did like you girls, I didn't want you to get hurt," Cozy Glow said. "Too bad I couldn't get you into the School of Friendship."

"We might, Scootaloo's interested in teaching there after all, plus the three of us are still tutors, so it works out," Sweetie Belle said.

"Back when I was Headmare, I considered bringing you into the school to make you happy somehow, of course when you turned against me, I had no choice but to keep you out the way," Cozy Glow said.

"That's so sweet of you...sort of," Sweetie Belle said.

"Hey, after all this dies down, maybe we can do something together?" Cozy Glow asked.

"Uh, sure, like what?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Maybe hang out, get to know each other a little better," Cozy Glow said. "I mean, if I'm gonna decide whether or not to live with you, I'd like to be better friends."

"That's a great idea!" Sweetie Belle said. "There's so many fun things we can do! Ooh! Maybe we can go to Appaloosa's County Fair! Better yet we can go to a concert! Wait til I show you a Coloratura show! Or maybe we can see Songbird Serenade!"

"That sounds fun," Cozy Glow said.

Sweetie Belle pulled her into a side hug, "This is gonna be so great, I can come up with other ideas too, we'll brainstorm and soon we'll be BFFs."

"BFF, that sounds nice," Cozy Glow admitted, walking with her friend back to the others.

Back with the others, while they conversed more with Twilight, hoping to reach some type of compromise, Rumble had sat alone, awaiting the arrival of Sweetie Belle and Cozy Glow.

"Hey, kid," Adagio said, getting his attention.

"My name's Rumble," the colt corrected.

"Sorry, Rumble, got a second?" Adagio asked.

"Uh sure, what do you need?" Rumble asked.

Adagio sat next to Rumble, the boy feeling a bit awkward given their past. This is the same mare who has hurt him pretty badly before.

"You helped me earlier, or at least you tried to," Adagio said.

"Uh, yeah I guess so," Rumble said.

"Don't act so nonchalant about it," Adagio said. "You helped me when you didn't need to, and we both know what I've done to you. I broke your wings, I left you unable to fly for who knows how long."

"Yeah, I remember that," Rumble said. "My wings healed up though. It wasn't too bad, just way too much bed rest."

"My question though is why you were not only quick to want to help me but you seem to actively want me to have a chance at redemption, I just don't get it, I really thought you'd hate me," Adagio said.

"I did, I used to hate you a lot," Rumble said. "I don't know why I wanted to help you, maybe it's because I at least cared about Sonata and I know how much she cares about you, maybe it's because you were willing to fight for Cozy Glow, somepony I care about, maybe I just didn't want to hold a grudge and I wanted to let go of my dislike. I've always said that I felt bad for what happened to the six of you, even if you weren't nice you still deserved better than to be used as pawns, I can't condone the way you've been treated because then I'd be no better than any of you."

"All about your morals huh?" Adagio asked, then stood up. "I can respect that, though don't expect me to be all apologetic about it. I did what I had to do that day, just like you did what you had to do."

"You had to break my wings?" Rumble asked.

"You got in my way, I had to make an example out of you, part of being a leader," Adagio said. "Granted Sonata was pretty mad so maybe it wasn't the best idea. Still, I did what had to be done, consider it an honor that I even gave you that type of attention."

"...Sounds like a load of horse apples," Rumble said.

"Ugh, fine have it your way, just don't think that because you helped me that I'm gonna be your bestie, and don't think I owe you anything either, I could have killed you then but I didn't, so we're even," Adagio said.

"That's fine with me, as long as you don't do any more evil, then we have no reason to be enemies," Rumble said.

"Oh whatever kid," Adagio said, making her way back to Aria.

"My name's not 'Kid'!" Rumble said, though relented. "Some ponies won't change much I guess."

Upon the return of Sweetie Belle and Cozy Glow, everypony rushed to check on the two, especially Cozy Glow, most worried she could have gotten hurt. Flitter of course was the most worried out of everypony due to her close ties with Cozy Glow.

Before long everypony returned home to finally relax after the big battle, but they couldn't for long. Lots of towns needed fixing up, especially Ponyville and Canterlot. The clean up took about a week, but soon everypony was back to normal, all those hurt, including Zecora had made a fine recovery and things were looking better. Cozy Glow did have to give up her Alicorn status however, and Tirek gave up most of his power, but was a allowed some as to not be in his weakened form.

In celebration of this big big, and a a way of making the former villains feel welcomed, Twilight hosted a Gala type party in Canterlot. Everyone was invited to attend the city-wide celebration, from all over Equestria and beyond.

Of course the former villains were allowed to come, it would be their chance to get accustomed to Equestrian culture. The hard part was finding good clothes for them to wear. The Sirens wore matching dresses, Sonata wearing a bright and sparkling dress, Aria going for a gothic style and Adagio doing her best to look regal and presenting. Chrysalis took some time but with a little help from Thorax, she was able to get a dress befitting that of a queen. Of course the only thing that could have really helped was if she was metamorphized, but that wasn't going to happen just yet. Tirek settled on a bow tie, figuring it made him look fancy enough. Cozy Glow was given a nice little dolly dress, one picked out by Sweetie Belle.

Come the big day, everypony was partying all around Canterlot, with a big assistance from Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich, the two creating an extravagant occasion.

Twilight was amazed by the work put in by the two party ponies, "Well Pinkie, I gotta say, you and Cheese really outdid yourselves."

"Thanks Twilight, it wasn't anything the two best party ponies of Equestria couldn't handle," Pinkie Pie said, firing a party cannon.

"Plus we did have some help," Cheese said, gesturing to Party Favor, who was still making some balloons.

"Is everypony having fun?" Pinkie asked.

"Sort of, I get the feeling some of the ponies might be a bit on edge due to certain guests," Twilight said.

"Oh they'll get used to them sooner or later," Pinkie said. "It took Starlight forever for ponies to like her."

"Yeah, if anypony can help them get settled in, then it's Starlight," Cheese said. "Equestria is all about second chances after all."

"Yeah, it is, and I think they'll do great, if they can learn to be a bit more open," Twilight said. "They still seem a little resistant on the idea of Friendship."

"Give them time," Pinkie said. "It'll all work out."

"I hope so," Twilight said.

Soon after, the new ruler of Equestria was greeted by one of the older rulers, "Hello Twilight."

"Princess Celestia!?" Twilight said, turning to the old Sun Goddess and her sister, Luna.

"It's just Celestia now, I am no longer your Princess," Celestia said.

"Yeah, I guess, it's just weird not to be so formal with you, or with Luna," Twilight said.

"It will be a process, where we live many ponies still refer to us as Princess," Celestia said. "I guess it's just a habit that ponies will have to adjust to."

"At least you two get respect wherever you go," Discord's voice said, before appearing nearby "No longer Royalty and you still get all the love and attention from these ponies, but what about poor old Discord? All these years and ponies still think I'm weird, unusual and untrustworthy."

"Didn't you free the villains from Tartarus to attack Twilight?" Cheese interjected.

"Oh who asked you!?" Discord said. "Go back into the background."

"Huh, rude..." Cheese said, turning away in annoyance.

"Anyway I only did it to help Twilight feel more confident, and it worked," Discord said. "She fought away Grogar and his team valiantly, and she used the power of Friendship."

"Friendship did help, in many unusual ways," Twilight said.

"Yes, we heard that some of the villains had turned against Grogar," Luna said. "I never thought the very ponies we turned to stone five years ago would return to be Equestria's savior."

"Funny how that worked out for you," Chrysalis said, making her way over with Tirek and Adagio. "Princesses..."

"Uh, it's just 'Celestia' now," the former Princess said.

"Right, you've retired, I hear it was right after you turned us to stone, to think that was your final decree," Chrysalis said.

"One that's been officially overturned, since we're heroes now," Adagio said.

"Well that's usually how it works, just ask Discord," Luna said.

"You mean the one who had been turned to stone twice?" Tirek taunted. "We just had it happen once, for five years, compare that to Discord being stone for 1000, plus the extra few weeks from the second time."

"Oh real funny, just so you know you're not getting an apology out of me, you six deserved it," Discord said.

"To be fair, weren't they already in Tartarus?" Cheese asked. "Seemed unneccessarily cruel."

"Who are you anyway? That Tumble foal!?" Discord asked.

"His name is Rumble," Adagio corrected.

"Yes, the only one who believed in us," Chrysalis added.

"He's an alright kid, what he lacks in muscle, he makes up in bravery," Tirek said.

"Rumble was a big help during all this, we are eternally grateful for his assistance," Twilight said. "I knew one day he could be something special, same with Tender Taps, Dinky and The Cutie Mark Crusaders."

"Where is Rumble anyway?" Pinkie asked. "Is he with Sweetie Belle?"

"Actually Sweetie Belle's here with Cozy Glow, appearently they want to try being friends again," Twilight said. "Rumble's here by himself somewhere."

Adagio looked around, "I actually see Sweetie Belle and Cozy Glow." She called out to them, "Hey girls! Over here!"

Cozy and Sweetie made their way over, Twilight gushing at how cute the two looked together. "You girls are so precious."

"Thanks Twilight, that's nice of you to say," Sweetie Belle said, then turned to Cozy. "Wasn't that nice?"

"Eh, I guess," Cozy Glow replied.

"Cozy..." Sweetie Belle scolded, then nervously turned to Twilight. "She's still getting used to all this."

"That's fine, she can take all the time she needs," Twilight said.

Cozy Glow took one look at Discord and the Princesses, and rage filled her heart. "What are THEY doing here!?"

"Easy Cozy Glow, they're guests too," Twilight said. "They're just checking up on things."

"Well they're lucky I'm no longer an Alicorn, and that I can't fight anyway," Cozy Glow said.

"Come on Cozy, I know you're mad they turned you into stone, but you shouldn't have been terrorizing Canterlot," Sweetie Belle said. "Celestia and Luna are really nice, and sometimes Discord, so try to work on your forgiveness."

"What does she mean 'sometimes'?" Discord asked.

"Just take it," Twilight said. "While what they did was bad you gave them that opportunity and then turned them into stone. Good intentions or not you still caused plenty of grief yourself."

Discord sighed in annoance, "Is it any wonder as to why I prefer Fluttershy? She never judges me."

"We're not trying to judge Discord, you know I value you as my friend, and it's because we're friends that I only want what's best for you and why I want to make sure you don't do anything to cause trouble for yourself or others," Twilight said.

"Fine, if you say so Princess," Discord said. "Well I'm off to meet with Fluttershy, I saw her at the party earlier on by herself, poor girl could use a friend. Hm, perhaps old Discord could even use this party to play matchmaker for my good friend."

"Take it from me Discord, matchmaking is a pain in the neck," Sweetie Belle said.

"Yes but unlike you foals, I have centuries of experience when it comes to ponies, ciao," Discord snapped his fingers and disappeared.

"So how did you become friends with Discord?" Tirek asked.

"It's a long story, but I'd love to tell you and the others all about my Friendship trials, it'll help you get a better understanding of the subject," Twilight said.

"Come on, do we have to sit through that?" Adagio asked.

"It'll be fun," Sweetie Belle said. "The Crusaders and I can help too."

"We'll think about it," Tirek said. "Anyway where's the buffet? You have one big enough to satisfy my appetite right?"

"Of course, I've taken just about everything into consideration," Twilight said.

"What about me?" Chrysalis asked.

"Eh...that's why I said just about, I don't have a substitute for love, hence why you really should just do what Thorax did," Twilight said.

Chrysalis seemed kind of annoyed, but relented, "Fine, tell me where he is and I'll maybe consider the possibility."

"Good enough, he's west of the castle with Dragon Lord Ember," Twilight explained.

"Alright, I will see you later then," Chrysalis said, making her way over.

"This I gotta see, let's go Tirek," Adagio said.

"Coming," Tirek said, following after her.

Luna briefly turned her attention back to Sweetie Belle and Cozy Glow, "Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you two in love with the same colt?"

"We are, but we've come up with a compromise," Sweetie Belle said.

"Sweetie Belle wants to get back together with Rumble, and I fully support it," Cozy Glow said. "In return, I can live with them."

"That's very generous of you Sweetie Belle," Celestia said.

"Little surprising though," Luna admitted. "Are you really fine with letting the mare who kissed your coltfriend live with you?"

"You two aren't even living together yet," Twilight said.

"Right, this is after we get married," Sweetie Belle said. "Rarity and my parents already said it was fine for Cozy Glow to stay with me until I'm ready to live with Rumble, which might happen soon."

"We just need to make sure Rumle's gonna be fine, but since I'm carrying his baby, he might need to consider that idea," Cozy Glow said.

"Baby?" Luna asked, Celestia just as confused. "What baby?"

"Rumble got me pregnant," Cozy Glow said. "It was five years ago, but since I was stone for those five years the baby obviously couldn't be born."

"...Five years?" Luna asked, Celestia also looking appaled.

"Well at least she's free now right?" Sweetie Belle said. "Her baby will be here in almost a year, so exciting. Me and Rumble are gonna take good care of Cozy Glow and her little baby."

"Right...good care," Luna said, very much surprised. Celestia was pretty much speechless.

Sweetie Belle noticed two friends nearby, "Hi Party Favor! Hi Sugar Belle!"

"Hi girls!" Party Favor said waving. Sugar Belle just turned away in annoyance at the first glance of Cozy Glow, the little feel able to tell the mare wasn't thrilled to see her.

"I have to make things right with a lot of ponies I guess," Cozy Glow said.

"I'll be right there right you," Sweetie Belle said, nuzzling her friend.

All this talk of romance made Twilight remember something else, "I need to go somewhere, I have others to help attend to."

"Sure thing Twilight," Sweetie Belle said, waving as her mentor flew off. She then turned her attention back to Celestia, "Uh...Princess Celestia? Are you alright? You look like something's wrong."

"DISCORD!" Celestia shouted, loud enough for everypony to hear.

Meanwhile Twilight was flying overhead, hoping to find a certain colt, she spotted Rumble standing alone on a rooftop, overlooking the festivities. She landed beside him, getting his attention. "Hey Rumble, what brings you up here?"

"Hi Twilight, nothing much, just enjoying the scenery," Rumble said. "You put together quite the party."

"Yeah, I couldn't have done it without the help of my friends," Twilight said, walking next to the boy. "So, have you and Sweetie Belle fully gotten back together?"

"Not totally," Rumble said. "I still have to make it official, I wanted to do it tonight but she's showing Cozy Glow around. Kind of weird, two girls I was heavily involved with romance wise suddenly becoming friends."

"Sweetie Belle's alright with Cozy Glow being pregnant with your child?" Twilight asked.

" She says she is, she just wants to make things right between us, all of us," Rumble said. "I hope we can figure someting out. I want to be there for Cozy Glow, but something tells me she doesn't want to pursue a relationship."

"Well she does feel like you broke her her, granted her romance with you probably shouldn't have happened since you were already dating somepony," Twilight said. "But I think Sweetie Belle can get this figured out, if there's one thing I've come to learn about her it's that she's very good at making plans."

"Yeah she's smart like that, one of the reasons I fell in love with her," Rumble said. "Twilight, thanks for giving Cozy and the others a chance to intermingle with us. And I'm sorry for having been against you on many occasions."

"All is forgiven, if anything I admire what you did, you believed in somepony despite all the odds," Twilight said. "If it wasn't for you, I don't think they would have gotten that chance, that's assuming we would have defeated Grogar."

"You would have figured something out, you're amazing like that," Rumble said.

Twilight walked over and brought Rumble in for a hug, "Thanks. I hope you get back together with Sweetie Belle, you two look so cute together. I can tell you're gonna be a happy family someday."

"Thanks, but I'm not the only one who needs to make it official with someone I love," Rumble said. "After all Tender Taps probably still loves you."

"Right, my sweet Tappy," Twilight said. "He's all grown up now, just lie I thought, he's a fine stallion, very handsome too."

"You should go to him, I know he'll make you happy Twilight," Rumble said. "And you can make him happy."

"I want to, but I'm a bit nervous," Twilight said. "Romance isn't my strong suit."

"It wasn't mine either, I just went with my emotions," Rumble said. "Besides I don't think it'll be a lot of work, you have the looks and the personality, plus he knows you, just go and lay down your princess charm."

Twilight blushed a bit, "Thanks Rumble." Twilight stroked his mane, "You are quite handsome yourself."

"Wow, compliments from a Princess, not the first time but it's still an honor each time it happens," Rumble said.

"By the way Rumble, got any advice on how to kiss somepony?" Twilight asked, blushing as she did so.

"Huh? Oh you've never kissed?" Rumble asked.

"Sort of, but I've never really had practice instigating one, how do you do it?" Twilight asked. "Sorry I'm asking you, but if I ask my friends they might geek out too much, same with Cadance, or worse, they'll try to 'help'."

"Uh, it's not too hard, just lean in and kiss..." Rumble said. "Uh, if you want to practice, I'm all for it."

"Oh, are you alright with that?" Twilight asked. "I mean, what about Sweetie Belle?"

"I haven't gotten back fully with her, this will be my last kiss before I make myself Sweetie Belle's colt forever," Rumble said. "Besides, I need to know if I can kiss another and still be in love with Sweetie Belle."

"Alright, you help me with a kiss, and I'll help you with your dilemma," Twilight said. "Uh, just as long a we keep this between us for now."

"Yeah, sounds fair," Rumble said.

The two felt nervous about this, both very awkward around each other, Rumble was standing before a mare he looked up to, and Twilight was standing near a colt she helped watch over. Of course if she's gonna be with Tender Taps, she has to move past that, another motivation for her to kiss Rumble.

The two leaned in and shared in a kiss together, Rumble feeling a bit awkward, but some sense of pride in knowing he was kissing the ruler of Equestria. Of course that's all he felt, no real spark, nothing at all. Not that he hated the kiss, Twilight was a very attractive mare but she wasn't the one for him, all he thought about was being with Sweetie Belle.

Twilight felt awkward herself, but had to admit that Rumble's a very good kisser. She slowly strived to feel less awkward and took in Rumble's technique, getting an idea of how to kiss somepony.

The two pulled apart, still blushing from the kiss, but feeling satisfied.

"How do you feel?" Twilight asked.

"Thank you for the kiss, now I know I do want Sweetie Belle, and nopony else," Rumble said. "But I will take pride in having shared a kiss with a mare as great as you."

"You're so sweet, I enjoyed my kiss too, and thank you, now I can make Tender Taps as happy with my affection," Twilight said.

"Let's go get our ponies," Rumble said, smirking confidently.

The two flew up and pursued the ones they loved, just in time for Coloratura's concert. Sweetie Belle and Cozy Glow were standing together, eagerly awaiting the mare to begin singing.

"You'll love this, Coloratura's got such a pretty voice," Sweetie Belle said.

"I can't wait," Cozy Glow said, smiling in anticipation.

On stage, the songful mare had begun playing on her piano, looking to the crowd, "I want to take things slow with a song near and dear to my heart. Some of you may have heard this, it's a little song called 'The Magic Inside'."

"I love that one!" Pinkie Pie shouted.

Coloratura giggle, "All the more reason to sing it."

As she continued playing her piano, she began to sing for the ponies in the audience. For Sweetie Belle, it was a nice refreshment of just how talented Coloratura was as a musical artist, but for Cozy Glow this was mind blowing, to hear such a lovely song from an equally lovely mare. What was even more amazing was seeing the glow coming from Coloratura's Cutie Mark.

During her chorus, Rumble had flown over to Sweetie Belle, clearing his throat to get her attention. "Hey Sweetie Belle."

"Oh, Rumble, this is a surprise," Sweetie Belle said.

"Hi Rumble..." Cozy Glow said, not that eager to see the boy.

"What brings you here?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"I wanted to see you, I have something I really want to tell you," Rumble said.

"Oh, can it wait?" Sweetie Belle asked. "I am with Cozy Glow and-"

"I have to do this now, I can't put it off any longer," Rumble interrupted. He took Sweetie Belle by her hoof, looking right into her eyes. "Sweetie Belle, I love you. I want to get back together with you, I want it to be offical."

"Oh...Rumble," Sweetie Belle began blushing. "You, really do? You want to get back together?"

"Yeah, absolutely," Rumble said. "I love you more than anything, my biggest regret is breaking up with you, but if you take me back, I promise that will never happen again. I'll love you for all time, I'll treat you like a Princess again, I'll be your knight. Sweetie Belle, I...I want to marry you!"

Sweetie Belle was blushing, "Marry huh?"

"Yeah, in fact," Rumble knelt down to the best of his ability. "I don't have anything to offer you other than my word. It may not be worth much but I will do everything I can to back it up. Sweetie Belle, will you marry me!?"

Rumble hadn't realized how loud he was to the point where everypony was staring, even Coloratura had stopped singing.

"Uh...this is awkward," Cozy Glow said.

Rumble looked around, blushing nervously, "Sorry, got too into it."

"It's fine!" Coloratura reassured. "It was so cute too!"

"Hehe, thanks Miss Coloratura!" Rumble said, then turned back to Sweetie Belle. "Sorry, I think I made things awkward, you don't have to answer my question now, we can wait-"

"No, it's fine, I can answer now," Sweetie Belle said. Before saying anything, she pulled Rumble into a kiss, one that surprised the colt, but pleasantly at least. "My answer is yes, I will marry you."

Rumble was so excited, he took off into the sky, "SHE SAID YES!"

The ponies around began congratulating the filly, Sweetie Belle nervously thanking them for their support.

Coloratura looked very emotional herself, having quickly grabbed a napkin to wipe her eyes, "That was so romantic. Everypony, give it up for our newly engaged couple!"

Rumble flew back down and brought Sweetie Belle in for another kiss, to the applause of the others. Even The Elements, other former villains and the Crusaders who were nearby had shown their approval for the two. Granted Rarity was also somewhat cncerned knowing that her sister was about to be married, it was a big commitment after all.

"My little Rumble..." Flitter said from nearby, holding back her tears. "He's getting married!"

Flitter went sprinkler mode with her tears, with Cloudchaser trying her best to comfort her while herself being proud of Rumble. Thunderlane was also happy for his brother, though confused as to what would happen with Cozy Glow.

Speaking of the filly, she was noticeably the only one who wasn't cheering, which Rumble noticed. "I'm really sorry Cozy Glow, I know you wanted to be the one I married but..."

"It's fine, don't worry about it," Cozy Glow said. "I'm...happy for you two."

"I know you're carrying my baby, but I promise you won't be alone raising it," Rumble said.

"She won't be," Sweetie Belle said. "If it's alright with you, the day we get our own house, I was hoping she could live with us. That was you can help her raise the baby you two made together. I would never keep you away from your child, even if it isn't mine."

"Wow, that's really generous of you," Rumble said.

"Picked that up from my sister I guess," Sweetie Belle replied.

"I do love that about you," Rumble said, kissing Sweetie Belle again. "You're so kind and understanding, thank you."

Sweetie Belle stroked his mane, "Thank you for always being there for me." The two resumed kissing as Coloratura eventually resumed her song, occasionally smiling and glancing at the couple.

Rumble and Sweetie Belle weren't the only ones enjoying their reunion, not too far off, Twilight had reunited with Tender Taps, and was affectionately stroking the boy's mane.

"I'm amazed at how handsome you've gotten over the years, my sweet little Tappy," Twilight said.

"You're just as beautiful as you've always been," Tender Taps said, gently stroking her face.

"Tappy...I want you to be by my side, I want you always by my side," Twilight said. "Tappy, I love you."

"I love you too Twilight," Tender Taps said.

"Let us be together, both of us, be at my side in life, join with me in a sacred bond between lovers," Twilight said.

"I will," Tender Taps said. "Twilight, when I was a foal, I asked you to marry me, and you promised to wait. Now that I'm a stallion, I ask again in hopes that you'll be able to fulfil that promise. Will you marry me, Princess Twilight Sparkle?"

"Of course Tappy, I will marry you," Twilight said.

The two leaned in to seal their proposal with a kiss, joined together by the bonds of love and the seal of harmony. It was a moment of pure bliss for both the Tap Dancing Prodigy and the Princess of Friendship.

"So much better than kissing a log," Tender Taps joked, getting a giggle from Twilight.

"You're adorable," Twilight said, leaning in for another kiss.

Peace and Harmony once again reigned across the land. When the party was over, life had gone back to normal for the time being. Cozy Glow had moved in with Sweetie Belle as promised, the two stayed together at Rarity's house.

In the spirit of forgiveness, Rarity had decided to give Thunderlane another chance, one he greatly appreciated and made the most out of. Chrysalis had gone to live with Thorax and after much consideration, had agreed to go through the metamorphosis transformation. She wasn't that different, still had a bit of attitude and sass, but she seemed much more understanding than she had been, giving Thorax plenty of leadership advice, happily accepting her place, not a Queen, but as the King's advisor.

Tirek had gone back home to reunite with his brother, the two had a rocky start but with a little reassurance from the Elements, had started to reconcile with Scorpan. Tirek owed the ponies a great debt and promised to be the first one to respond to any threats they may face. The Dazzlings actually had a chance to travel with Coloratura, using their singing talents to entertain ponies rather than control them, Sonata had the most fun, quickly bonding with the mare she came to know as Rara.

Almost a year later came Twilight's marriage, this one done at The Crystal Empire where Cadance overlooked it. Soon the Princess of Friendship and Ruler of Equestra had been happily married to her dear Tender Taps.

Then later one kiss sealed the deal, Rumble and Sweetie Belle were happily married. By this point, Cozy Glow's baby had been born, a nice and healthy baby boy. The two were not only guests for the wedding, but Cozy Glow was by Sweetie Belle's side along with the Crusaders while Dinky acted as Rumble's Best Mare. Twilight herself performed the ceremony in the fields of Mount Aris, where Sweetie Belle dreamed of having her wedding.

Everyone in Equestria was invited, and beyond, from The Dragon Lands, to the Changeling Kingdom, even the Nether Lands had royalty present. Afterward the two readied for their Honeymoon at Rainbow Falls, where they had already begun creating their family together.

Equestria enjoyed a relatively peaceful several years of Harmony, aside from maybe a minor problem or two. After all, even with Grogar, Sombra and Storm King defeated, other evil lurked about, and Equestria's Elements were ready for action as always.

Fifteen years passed by, Twilight had fully grown into an Alicorn Princess, bearing a striking similarity to Celestia, ruling the country with her husband Tender Taps by her side, and their little foals at their feet.

In Ponyville, Rumble, fully grown, had stepped out of his home, ready to embark on another day. "I'm off to work Sweetie Belle!"

His lovely wife had come to greet him, with their youngest daughter on her back. What was noticeable was that Sweetie Belle had a lump in her belly, the two were expecting their fourth child. "Have a nice day Rumble."

"I will hon," Rumble said, kissing Sweetie Belle good-bye. He turned to his daughter, "Take care of mommy."

"Yes daddy," the filly said.

Rumble walked off waving good-bye as his wife and youngest bid farewell. Up on the second floor of their house, his oldest daughter and her slightly younger brother had also waved bye, Rumble catching onto that, bidding his farewell.

As he trotted through town he took note of everypony around. The Happily married pair of Lyra and Bon Bon, the Cake Twins all grown up delivering some baked goodies to ponies, it seemed so nice.

Rumble passed by a group new students making their way to class, even spotting Scootaloo talking with Apple Bloom as they made their way over to the school.

"Hey girls!" Rumble greeted.

"Sup Rumble!" Scootaloo said, making her way over. "Off to Canterlot?"

"Of course, someone's gotta cook the food befitting that of Equestria's ruler," Rumble said.

"How are Twilight and Tender Taps doing, don't see them much," Rumble said.

"They're fine, busy as always," Rumble said. "Granted Tender Taps doesn't do much to rule the country, not that he minds."

"Ruling a country is a lot of work, I don't blame Tender Taps for his lack of interest," Scootaloo said. "How's Sweetie Belle?"

"Doing great, she's eager to welcome baby number four, or five," Rumble said. "Even if Cozy Glow gave birth, Sweetie Belle did help raise my first son, and he saw her like a second mother, so far as we're concerned, we had five kids."

"I mean if you want to be technical, you have seven kids," Scootaloo said. "I mean you gave Dinky and Apple Bloom a couple, if you know what I mean."

"Well I just planted the seeds, they took care of the rest," Rumble said.

"We really appreciate you doing that fer us," Apple Bloom said. "We love our little ones after all."

"Happy to help," Rumble said.

"How is Cozy Glow doing, since her son moved went to Wonderbolts Academy, she's looked a little down," Scootaloo said.

"She's fine, she's visiting Flurry at the Crystal Empire, those two really get along well," Rumble said. "How about you Scoots, how's your little one doing?"

"She's the spitting image of her awesome mother," Scootaloo said. "She went with Pickle back to Hope Hollow with Barley to see some family."

"Cool, well I should get going, I don't want to be late," Rumble said.

"Yeah class is about to start, I have some lessons to go over," Scootaloo said. "See you around Rumble."

"Ah should get back to the farm, still got chores, plus ah don't want to leave Dinky alone too long," Apple Bloom said. "See ya Rumble."

"Bye girls," Rumble said, bidding his farewell.

Rumble made it to the train on time, while he could have flown he likes the ride. While there he saw Diamond Tiara, looking fancy as usual. "Sup Diamond? Off to Canterlot on business?"

"Something like that," Diamond Tiara said. "How's life? Sweetie Belle hasn't given birth yet has she?"

"Not yet, soon though," Rumble said. "How's your son?"

"A had worker, just like his mommy and daddy," Diamond Tiara said.

"You really picked a great husband in Chip, you two seem so happy together," Rumble said.

"We are, very loyal husband," Diamond Tiara said. "So tell me, what have your kids been up to? I heard one of them wants to be a Wonderbolt, and your youngest daughter is apparently a prodigy in magic."

"Oh boy, let me tell you," Rumble began just as the train departed.

The young stallion eventually arrived in Canterlot, bidding farewell to Diamond Tiara as the two went their separate ways. Rumble made his way into the castle where he passed by a mare talking to Tender Taps.

"Look Prince Tender Taps, I know you're trying to help but I don't see the point of Friendship," the mare said. "Like what does that have to do with life?"

"It has a lot to do with life Luster Dawn, and you don't need to call me 'Prince'," Tender Taps said.

"I can't be informal with you though," Luster Dawn said. "It just feels weird."

"It really isn't...oh, Rumble," Tender Taps said, Luster turning her attention to him.

"Chef Rumble?" Luster asked.

"That's me, sounds like we have a girl with Friendship problems," Rumble said.

"I wouldn't say that, I just don't see the point to it all," Luster Dawn said.

"You'll find out soon enough, take it from me, Friendship can save the world," Rumble said.

"Save the world? How?" Luster asked. "I mean, I get Princess Twilight is all about the Magic of Friendship but isn't that more of a saying? How can Friendship actually breed magic?"

"I say you should ask Twilight," Rumble said. "I'd love to talk more but I have to check in before Sugar Belle flips out. Say 'hi' to the twins for me Taps."

"See you later Rumble," Tender Taps said as Rumble walked to the kitchen, still hoping to reason with Luster Dawn.

Rumble had made his way inside where Sugar Belle had immediately greeted him, "Rumble, just in time, we have a big order to fill out."

"Really? What's the occasion?" Rumble asked.

"Twilight invited Tirek for dinner, and you know what his appetite is like," Sugar Belle said. "This order's so big even Saffron Masala came by to help."

"Oh wow, he's always a tough one, but it'll be nice seeing Saffron again," Rumble said. "Alright, let's get to work."

Time passed by, Rumble enjoying his time cooking, working side by side with Saffron Masala and his mentor Sugar Belle. One could find it odd that Rumble's boss has such a similar name to his wife but Rumble just sees it as fate that he was meant to spend time with a true belle.

As he worked, he could hear the arrival of the other Elements, Fluttershy getting a lift thanks to Discord, Rainbow Dash and Applejack arriving together, Pinkie Pie showing up with with both her's and Cheese Sandwich's son Lil Cheese, and Rarity arriving in style.

Rumble knew that Luster Dawn was in good hooves, and that the Magic of Friendship would continue on, as well as his love for Sweetie Belle. He couldn't tell what the future would hold, be it a bright future of peace, or the next big baddie that arrives, but he'll be ready regardless, and believe in the Magic of Friendship.

Author's Note:

That is the end, at least for this story. Perhaps there can be more told but for now, Sweet Affection has reached it's finale.

Comments ( 8 )

I wonder what the children look like...

I wouldn’t mind is this was the finale addition to the Sweet Affection series. Definitely feels like a proper ending.

Question, did Rumble only impregnate Dinky or did he also do Applebloom as well which if he did means he has kids from 4 different mares.

10421117
Far as I consider it for now, only Dinky, so he's had kids from three mares, his former lover, his current wife and his BFF.

10421266
Thanks for answering, that part was kinda unclear for me.

I wonder what's the names of all the foal children.

So Rumble and Sweetie Belle married and Cozy is just living with them? Will Cozy ever find someone else?

10695512
Wow, thanks for totally spoiling it! Very detailed! :twilightsmile:

11862940 your welcome

Login or register to comment