• Published 7th Mar 2020
  • 1,561 Views, 33 Comments

Sweet Affection 5: The Quest to True Love - Masterob



Rumble must reunite with Sweetie Belle to overcome odds.

  • ...
9
 33
 1,561

Shine of a Diamond

In the future, starring off the edge of a cliff was the cutesy filly turned young teen, Cozy Glow. Despite her age, she hadn't changed much, in looks and personality, aside from a few edges being ironed out.

She took in the sights, the damage caused by the villain invasion, be it the Changelings under Chrysalis's command, the soldiers serving the Storm King, or even ponies mind controlled by either King Sombra or The Dazzlings.

Even Tirek has left his mark, the monster having more than enough magic to do his bidding. It was quite a sight to behold, yet she felt very little sympathy for what has happened, in a way, she's almost happy that Equestria is turning into ruins. Just to spite the Elements of Harmony.

The week after Rumble and Sweetie Belle's break-up was a week well etched into Cozy's mind, as it was a big week for her as well. She had to live with Flitter, the mare she met at Mount Aris. Cozy knew that Flitter wanted to change and reform her, but Cozy didn't think she needed to reform anything, far as she was concerned, she was fine just the way she was. Though she'll definitely take bunking with Flitter to being stuck in Tartarus.

She did have to admit, Flitter wasn't too bad to be around, the mare didn't give her many restrictions after all, she was free to do whatever she wanted, as long as it wasn't what they deemed to be evil, and she had to always stay in Flitter's company, especially when they were out of the house.

If she tried sneaking off, there was always somepony there to catch her, and it wouldn't always turn out well for Cozy, especially with ponies who did not trust her at all.

She remembers one moment in particular, it was right after she had ran into Rumble. How she loved that colt, probably the only decent thing about living in Ponyvile again, aside from Flitter, whom Cozy Glow grew quite fond of. She was just catching up with Rumble, trying to set up a date, when she got busted by Rainbow Dash. The annoying mare flew off with Cozy, taking her to a isolated part of town where she dropped Cozy hard on the ground.

"Ow, that hurt!" Cozy complained.

"Deal with it, that's what you get for breaking the rules!" Rainbow Dash said. "You know you can't be by yourself away from Flitter."

"Oh my Gosh, all I did was see my friend, that's all!" Cozy sassed.

"Ugh, you're so impossible sometimes," Rainbow Dash said. "This isn't the first time I caught you breaking this rule, if you continue to do this, guess where you're going back to."

"Yes, I know, Tartarus," Cozy said. "Because I know how much you all fear me."

"Hey, if anyone should be fearful, it's you," Rainbow Dash warned. "Remember we're the ones deciding your future, if you're smart you'll stay in line!"

"If you're smart, you won't be such a lame brain Friendship preacher," Cozy said. "I mean all you do is talk about Friendship, and Loyalty, and Wonderbolts, acting like you're so perfect. Well you're not, all you are is a fraud. You've taught me nothing about Friendship and I'm honestly surprised their are ponies stupid enough to blindly follow your every word, like that flightless loser Scootaloo."

"Hey! That 'loser' was one of the first ponies to make friends with you, something you obviously didn't deserve!" Rainbow Dash said.

"Golly Professor, I thought all creatures deserved Friendship, isn't that the garbage you've been spewing at us for months?" Cozy sassed. "All this does is prove my point that your Friendship preaching is pointless if you just limit it to who want to have it, honestly I'd question why Celestia would leave ponies like you in charge of Equestria but she isn't exactly the smartest ruler considering she has to rely on a bunch of random ponies to do her job for her!"

"Hey you're crossing the line there Cozy Glow," Rainbow Dash warned.

"I'm just being honest, just like your buddy Applejack would say," Cozy taunted. "Someone's gotta point out Celestia's flaws, that incompitent mare couldn't even keep her sister under control, yet she expects a bunch of blind followers to constantly do her bidding, and Twilight Sparkle's the only one dumb enough to fall for what she says!"

"You're seriously starting to tick me off!" Rainbow Dash shouted.

"Oh why? Because I'm finally waking you up to just how naïve you and your simpleton friends truly are!?" Cozy Glow asked, getting in Rainbow Dash's face. "Because it honestly amazes me how ponies left in charge of our future can be as incompetent as you bunch of narrow minded fools!"

"Cut it out, now," Rainbow Dash warned.

"Not until I get you to open your eyes to how blindly foolish you, your friends and your dummy Princesses truly are!" Cozy shouted. "But given just how narrow minded you are, that's not likely while stupid foals like your flightless friend-"

Rainbow Dash had enough, "I told you..." In one swift motion she back hoofed Cozy across her face, "To cut it out!" Cozy Glow hit the ground hard, rubbing her now aching face, looking up at Rainbow Dash with hatred and disdain. Rainbow Dash did feel some regret having done that, despite how bratty Cozy was being, but she couldn't show any form of remorse just yet. "Just...don't break the rules again. Now let's go, I'm taking you back to Flitter."

Cozy felt furious, that this foolish pony would dare to strike her cute and adorable face, and much as she wanted to chew Rainbow Dash out, she knew that if Rainbow Dash were to get angry again, she might do something worse. Cozy also felt a slight hint of fear, knowing that Rainbow Dash could really hurt her if she really wanted to. Cozy also knew her current strength would mean nothing against Rainbow Dash, so she begrudgingly. "Alright fine."

Cozy reluctantly followed Rainbow Dash, still feeling the sting of that whack to the face she got. She really hated Rainbow Dash and all the Elements of Harmony.

Rainbow Dash had spotted Flitter frantically searching around the marketplace, clearly looking for something, or somepony. "Yo Flitter!" Flitter turned her attention to Rainbow Dash, who gestured to Cozy Glow. "Looking for somepony?"

"Cozy Glow!" Flitter gleefully stated, flying over to pick the filly up in a relieved hug. "I'm so glad you're alright."

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine," Cozy said, squirming out of Flitter's grasp. "I just needed a break, I was so bored."

"Bored or not, you can't just walk off on your own, remember what Princess Twilight said, you have to stay under my close watch," Flitter said.

"This is like the third time this week you lost track of her Flitter, if this happens again you're gonna have to say 'good-bye' to Cozy Glow," Rainbow Dash said. "We can't let somepony like her wander around unsupervised, it's not safe."

"Oh, and letting Discord roam free is?" Cozy Glow said. "Suppose he betrays you again?"

"Watch yourself..." Rainbow Dash warned, then turned back to Flitter. "Don't lose track of her again."

"I won't, I'll watch over her like a hawk," Flitter promised.

"Good to know," Rainbow Dash said, then turned back to Cozy Glow. "Don't let me catch you by yourself again." With that Rainbow Dash flew off, leaving Flitter and Cozy Glow to themselves.

"Cozy Glow..." Flitter began, Cozy dreading the oncoming lecture. "You can't just go off by yourself, you know you're not that welcome in Ponyville."

"I just wanted to see Rumble, not like I went out and plotted anypony's downfall," Cozy Glow explained.

"If you want to see Rumble that's fine, but you can't go by yourself," Flitter said. "Besides you saw him this morning."

"Well I wanted to see him again, I like spending time with Rumble, he's cute," Cozy said. "Plus he's the only thing I can stand about Ponyville."

"I know you have a crush on him, and I guess it makes sense going after him now that he's single..." Flitter thought a moment. "Though given the circumstances of how that happened, maybe going after Rumble isn't the smartest idea."

"Hey I couldn't care less who else I hurt, I just want Rumble all to myself," Cozy Glow said.

"Cozy Glow, you need to get rid of that attitude," Flitter said, rubbing her mane. "It doesn't suit you well." Cozy pushed Flitter's hoof away, not wanting her mane messed with. Flitter took a huge breath, trying to figure out what she should do. She doesn't want Cozy Glow going back to Tartarus, bad as she was, and she was really bad considering she teamed with major villains, she's still a child, she needs guidance. If Starlight can reform then Cozy Glow should be a simpler task compared to that. "Let's go home."

"...When can I see Rumble again?" Cozy Glow asked.

"Soon, but you might need to give him some time Cozy," Flitter said. "Rumble's been having a really bad week, it might be better if you just waited...or if he came to you instead of you going to him."

Cozy sighed in annoyance, "How long is that gonna take?"

"Give him time Cozy Glow, otherwise you'll just drive him away," Flitter said. "If you really want this to work, you have to be considerate of his feelings."

Cozy groaned in annoyance, "Oh fine...I hope this won't take too long."

"Be patient Cozy Glow, if Rumble sees you're capable of staying back and letting him figure things out, he'll be more appreciative of you and will like you more," Flitter said.

Cozy was still a smidge annoyed but she did know how close Flitter and Rumble were, so chances are this mare might know what she's talking about. "Alright, you know Rumble better than I do, so I'll take your word for it."

Fortunately for the filly, Flitter's words proved true, for the following day Rumble did indeed approach her, asking her out on a date, at least that's how Cozy chose to perceive it. They had gone to the park where they enjoyed themselves for a bit, Rumble teaching Cozy Glow some flight tricks. She didn't do too well and it did frustrate her but she at the very least enjoyed spending time with Rumble.

Of course there was that one thing wrong with the date, or rather two things, those being Lyra and Bon Bon, the two mares being quick to judge the two foals. Cozy really hated Ponyville sometimes, why the Elements spend so much time protecting such terrible ponies is something she could not comprehend. Once again Cozy questions the judgement of Twilight Sparkle and her friends.

She didn't have to put up with them long, Rumble invited her back to his house where they had a nice cooking session together. That of course wasn't the highlight of her day though, the real magical moment came when she shared a nice kiss with the colt she grew to love.

Cozy was on Cloud Nine as she walked home with Flitter, she had a look of bliss that would not leave her blushing face.

"You're in a good mood," Flitter commented. "Did you really have that much fun with Rumble?"

"You bet I did, I can't wait to see him again tomorrow," Cozy said.

"Well I'm happy to hear that," Flitter said. "I'm glad that Rumble's taking a liking to you, again at least."

"Yeah, I can't believe you were actually right about waiting for Rumble to come to me, it really worked like a charm," Cozy said.

"Of course it did, I know my little Rumble," Flitter said.

"So...do you think he might actually, you know...start to like me?" Cozy asked. "Because I really, REALLY like Rumble."

"Yeah I figured that, back when we were first traveling," Flitter said. "It's gonna take time, and truthfully I can't see it happening, deep down he still cares a great deal about Sweetie Belle. He would have to get over his feelings for Sweetie Belle, and even then it might be hard considering the reason they broke up is because he kissed you. So think about it, Rumble kisses another filly, then breaks up with his marefriend to be with that filly, how do you think that makes him look?"

"Oh I see, worried about being judged?" Cozy asked. "Because that's all ponies do, they judge?"

"Cozy Glow, until you fully understand why this is such a problem for Rumble, I can't see you getting that far in your goal to date him," Flitter said.

Cozy groaned in annoyance, "Come on, love shouldn't be this complicated. You like a pony, you make that pony yours, to heck with what anypony thinks."

"You're still too young to fully get a grasp of this topic, but that's why I'm here," Flitter said. "Once I turn you into a model pony, then I guess it would be easier for you and Rumble to get together."

"Good, so you're on my side then," Cozy Glow said.

"Not exactly," Flitter responded. "I still find it weird for you to date Rumble considering everything that's happened, but if you and Rumble truly can find happiness together, then I'll support that 100 percent."

"Well it's a good thing you're on board with that," Cozy Glow said. "Though I would have made Rumble my coltfriend regardless, I don't care about anypony's approval."

"I kind of admire that determination," Flitter said. "Just make sure you don't go overboard with your goals."

"No promises," Cozy said, though one glare from Flitter caused her to rethink that statement. "I mean...I'll try weally hard not too."

"For the record, your cuteness doesn't work on me," Flitter said.

Cozy Glow pouted in annoyance, wondering how this mare could be possibly immune to her cuteness. "Well it works on Rumble at least."

"Yes, it clearly does," Flitter said. "Let's get you home, I hope Rumble didn't spoil your appetite too much, I have a nice dinner planned."

"Well, I can always make room for your cooking Flitter," Cozy Glow said.

"I'm happy to hear," Flitter said, walking home with the filly.

Things seemed so great at the time for Cozy Glow, not only did she start a special bond with Rumble with the potential of romance, she had to admit she liked living with Flitter. The mare has been nothing but nice to her, Cozy warmed up to her pretty quickly.

Too bad things couldn't last. Cozy in the future just sighed in disappointment, trotting off to another location, hoping to find her other real friend, that being Sonata Dusk.

Back at Sweet Apple Acres, Rumble had snuck into the Apple Family house, hoping to find something to eat. The place had been deserted, no one was home at all. He checked through the fridge, hoping to find something tasty.

He could go Apple picking outside, but he wasn't too comfortable looking for food out in the open, plus he really couldn't tell which apples were ripe. He eventually found some Apple Fritters along with a jug of Apple Juice. He hoped the Apples wouldn't mind if Rumble helped himself to some food, he would pay them back if he had to.

"Where could they be though?" Rumble wondered as he grabbed the food. "I hope they're alright." He walked to the living room, passing by several photos of the Apple Family. There was Applejack, a great mare in his eyes and a pony he really respected. Then there was Apple Bloom, a filly who was once his friend, and his attempt of rekindling had some unforeseen affects. Then came a picture of Babs Seed, Apple Bloom's city cousin. Rumble had some mixed feelings about her, knowing her past as a bully, for reasons he personally did not like.

He also caught a glimpse of the parents of the household, Bright Macintosh and Pear Butter, or Buttercup as the Apples called her. "The parents of the Apple Siblings...wish I could have had the honor of meeting them. Their father looked strong but so down to Equestria, and their mother's really pretty. I can see where Applejack and Apple Bloom get their looks from."

He also noticed Granny Smith's photos, and other relatives, including Braeburn, Apple Rose, and a whole bunch of other Apples that he can't even name.

He also took notice of Big Macintosh's photo, another Apple he had a lot of respect for. He credits Big Macintosh for helping him out with his filly problems, sort of at least.

It was the following morning in Ponyville, Rumble was at the park, sitting on a bench as he gulped down some water. He had tried some more stunts, and while he had some progress, still couldn't get the results he wanted.

"So this is how it ends for me, losing my edge because I couldn't control my urges," Rumble muttered to himself. "How did I go from only having eyes for Sweetie Belle to suddenly noticing any filly with a cute face?"

As he sat there lamenting to himself, once again questioning his decision to break off his relationship with Sweetie Belle, he heard a very familiar voice call out to him.

"You look like you're having a rough day there." Rumble turned his attention to where the voice was coming from, the oldest of the Apple Siblings, Big Macintosh. "Everything alright with you?"

Rumble was a bit surprised to see Big Macintosh here, figuring he'd be out Apple bucking or something, he rarely sees Big Mac not working on something. "Uh...I'm fine, it's nothing really."

"The tone in your voice says otherwise, not to mention the hesitation at the beginning," Big Macintosh said. "Plus you got that look on your face that says you're not as fine as you say you are, it's almost the same as the look Apple Bloom has on her face...better yet it even reminds me of Applejack when she was younger."

This seemed so unusual to Rumble, he's never seen Big Macintosh this talkative, not many have heard him speak in a drawn out conversation. "Uh...The thing is...it's just complicated."

"If you have something in your mind, I'm willing to give it a listen," Big Macintosh said. "I know we don't talk much but you are friends with Apple Bloom, any friend of hers is sort of like family."

"That's the thing, I don't think she considers me much of a friend anymore," Rumble said. "I messed up, big time, but you've likely heard about me and Sweetie Belle."

"Unfortunately it seems like everypony in town does," Big Macintosh said. "Hard to keep some things secret, especially when this involves that Cozy Glow filly."

"I'm just confused right now, I thought I was in love with Sweetie Belle, she was all I could think about, every other filly I barely even noticed, I just had eyes for her," Rumble said. "Then Cozy Glow comes along and all of a sudden things just change. She became the first filly outside of Sweetie Belle I actually cast eyes on, and I spend a lot of time with other fillies. Everything was going so well and then things turned upside down, I don't know what to do."

"Well, first thing's first," Big Mac began. "No one pony is only attracted to one pony, it may seem that way at first, you're in a phase where the whole world shuts out around you, all you can see is the pony you fell in love with, and I'd actually wager to say that you believed you really loved Sweetie Belle."

"I do, or I did, but now..." Rumble rubbed his head in confusion. "I want to...but I can't even..."

"Love is a confusing topic, it's hard to tell at times," Big Mac said. "But even if you're in love, even if you find the one you're in love with cute, you can and will find somepony else attractive, that's when you're truly tested. Cozy Glow somehow seemed alluring to you, she was a new filly you met, and the more you got to know her, the more you became enamored with her."

"I did like her but she also annoyed me a lot, how could I have had feelings for her and not another filly I already knew?" Rumble asked.

"Because you already know the fillies makes it easier, you established a friendship with them," Bi Macintosh said. "Tell me this though, did you really not find the other fillies attractive? Scootaloo, your friend Dinky, mah sister Apple Bloom. Feel free to be honest with the last one, I won't judge."

"Of course I thought they were pretty, I would never deny that," Rumble said. "But Dinky is my best friend, Scootaloo was just too much for me and Apple Bloom...honestly I couldn't think of a reason to not like Apple Bloom, she's actually kind of adorable..." Rumble almost began daydreaming about Apple Bloom before shaking his head. "Er, forget I said that."

"Like ah said, ah won't judge," Big Macintosh said. "It's perfectly normal after all."

"But then why didn't I kiss Apple Bloom instead?" Rumble asked.

"Well, why did you kiss Cozy Glow?" Big Mac asked.

"I didn't kiss her, she kissed me and I just...kissed her back," Rumble explained. "But when Scootaloo kissed me, I didn't kiss her back."

"You already made up yer mind on Scootaloo, and if Dinky kissed you then you'd have reacted the same way at the time," Big Mac said. "What if Apple Bloom kissed you?"

"Uh...I really don't know..." Rumble said, trying to imagine it. Apple Bloom was actually a great filly now that he thought about it, his initial attraction to Sweetie Belle was the fact that he felt she was the prettiest out of the three. Only once did he not like Apple Bloom, that was after she tried and failed to set Rumble up with Scootaloo, and then she spilt the beans about the plan, which really hurt Rumble at the time.

Then came her tearful apology, Rumble knew he couldn't stay mad at her, because he at that moment understood where she was coming from. Apple Bloom was just trying to help her friend, because she made a promise to that friend, so he knew it ate at her that she couldn't keep that promise, and judging from Scootaloo's initial reaction to him loving Sweetie Belle and not her, he understood why it seemed so important.

He then imagined the moment he began to hug her after her tearful apology, how vulnerable she was. Sad as the moment was, she was really cute during it and he felt like he could hug her forever. What if they kissed at the time, would Rumble have been with Sweetie Belle? He never thought about it then because Sweetie Belle was the only thing on his mind, and truthfully another reason he never considered her was because she seemed to have a crush on Tender Taps, one that didn't work out for either foal.

"If Apple Bloom kissed me...honestly, I think I would have let her..." Rumble said. "Oh man...so this could have happened at any time?"

"It's a possibility," Big Mac said. "Maybe you did love Sweetie Belle, but at the same time, she's only your first crush, it doesn't seem like you've had others."

"Uh...do my foalsitters count?" Rumble asked.

"Er...I guess they can, though I don't think you had the chance to explore that," Big Mac said.

"No, not really, doesn't help that they tell me I'm like a little brother," Rumble said. "So maybe it was a good idea to break up with Sweetie Belle? So I can be sure I do really like her and any other girl might just be curiosity more than anything?"

"There's no real right answer to that," Big Mac said. "If you truly did love Sweetie Belle, you should have kept those feelings for another filly aside."

"Oh...so I blew it," Rumble said.

"Not saying that either, you're still just trying to figure things out," Big Mac said. "Rumble, ah know you're confused, and I'm here to tell you that it's alright to be confused, but you also have to stop worrying so much about this. Mind telling me how old you are?"

"Um, I'm thirteen," Rumble answered.

"Then don't rush, you still got time," Big Macintosh said. "Maybe you fell in love too young, maybe you do need to explore, and that's alright. I'm still exploring too after all, ah keep thinking ah found somepony, then it doesn't work out. But I don't let it get to me, ah just tell mahself to try and move on. It ain't easy, but it's still worth it to try. If you keep beating yerself up over this, you'll just make yerself more frustrated and you'll never figure things out."

"You had a few marefriends yourself right?" Rumble asked. "Wasn't there a mare from Starlight's village you liked?"

"You mean Sugar Belle?" Big Mac asked. "Well, yeah, she's a really pretty gal. Unfortunately she is in your predicament. Cozy Glow did blab about her...bonding with Party Favor, it does concern me that a girl that age already knows that stuff."

"Yeah, that stuff," Rumble nervously said. "But is it really weird for us? I mean, we're developing ponies."

"Not my place to say," Big Mac answered.

"But you mentioned just now, Sugar Belle and I basically did the same bad thing, and like Sweetie Belle, you were the one affected," Rumble said. "Why are you helping me then? Why aren't you sympathizing with Sweetie Belle instead?"

"Because I believe that ponies who make mistakes need guidance and reassurance the most, to prevent that mistake from happening again," Big Mac said. "I'm not too thrilled by what you or Sugar Belle did, but I do believe you both deserve a chance to make amends. That and I do kind of feel bad fer you, one big difference between you and Sugar Belle is that you're still a foal, Sugar Belle is a grown mare who should have known better. Rumble, you will get yer chance at redemption, what you do with it will be up to you."

"I hope I make the right call," Rumble said. "But for now, maybe I should explore my options, if I'm not sure, I could run the risk of hurting somepony again."

"Fair warning, no matter how many options you explore now, there will be more in the future," Big Macintosh said. "Do what you must, just be weary of the consequences."

"I'll do my best, thank you Big Mac," Rumble said, flying off into Ponyville.

"Hope ah got mah message across clearly," Big Mac said, then noticed Cherilee walk by.

"Hello Big Macintosh, lovely day today," the school teacher said as she walked off.

"Hm...perhaps ah should do a little exploring of my own, never really got a fair chance after all," Big Mac said, going to catch up with Cherilee.

Rumble flew on through the park, hoping to get a little more practice in before he went to go see Cozy Glow. He just had to clear his mind of his problems, probably easier said than done but Rumble was a lot more determined this time around.

"I can do this, just focus on the task at hoof," Rumble said, taking back into the skies. He started dashing toward a cloud, focused directly on it. Then he began to spin clockwise, still keeping his eyes forward, though halfway there he started to slant diagonally.

Rumble stopped himself mid-air, just a few feet in front of the cloud, "Well, at least I almost got it. I think I can actually do this!"

"Hey! Rumble!" He heard. It was a filly's voice, a familiar one at that. He looked down to see the local rich girl, Diamond Tiara.

"Oh, Diamond Tiara!" Rumble said, flying down to greet her. "What's up?"

"Lots of things, for me at least," Diamond Tiara said. "But I'm here for you."

"For me? What for?" Rumble asked.

"Well for starters, you've been the talk of the town, among foals at least, ever since your break up with Sweetie Belle," Diamond Tiara said.

"Wait seriously?" Rumble asked. "Come on, is my life really that interesting?"

"Well you did date a Cutie Mark Crusader, you know how popular and well known they are," Diamond Tiara said. "Of course foals are talking about it, especially knowing that the two of you are on the market again. All the colts have been eyeing Sweetie Belle, and all the fillies have had their eyes on you."

"I figured out the fillies part, even your bestie Silver Spoon has been giving me glances," Rumble said. "Where exactly are you going with this?"

"For starters, what exactly happened between you two?" Diamond Tiara asked.

"How much do you know?" Rumble asked.

"I know about Cozy Glow, and I heard that you made out with her," Diamond Tiara said. "And that Sweetie Belle dumped you for it."

"I didn't 'make-out', she kissed me and I...didn't resist," Rumble said. "And Sweetie Belle didn't dump me, I broke up with her."

"So you dumped Sweetie Belle for Cozy Glow?" Diamond Tiara asked.

"No, I didn't dump one for the other, I broke up with Sweetie Belle because I felt bad for cheating on her," Rumble said.

"So, she didn't dump you?" Diamond Tiara asked. "You dumped her?"

"Don't say 'dumped'," Rumble said. "That makes it seem like I broke her heart and ditched her. I broke it off to prevent her from being hurt by me again, because I didn't feel like I was ready for a marefriend if I was capable of hurting her like I did."

"So you broke it off so you wouldn't hurt her, right after you already hurt her by kissing another filly," Diamond Tiara said. "Wouldn't that just hurt her more?"

"Hey I did the best I could in that situation!" Rumble said. "I mean Sweetie Belle already caught me kissing Cozy Glow, kind of hard to come back from that anyway."

"I'm just surprised you actually kissed that filly, isn't she evil?" Diamond Tiara asked.

"Evil might be too strong a word," Rumble said. "I'd say she was more, misguided."

"Didn't she try taking over Equestria though?" Diamond Tiara asked. "Seems a lot more than just 'misguided'."

"Hey that's what Twilight said about Starlight when she took over a village and made her own plans to take over Equestria, even messing with time," Rumble said. "If Starlight could be misguided then Cozy is definitely misguided, Starlight and the others are adults who should have known better."

"Didn't she betray you though?" Diamond Tiara asked. "I heard she tricked you and your foalsitter and ran you around all of Equestria."

"Where exactly did you hear these rumors from? Who's been talking?" Rumble asked.

"Well most I heard from Apple Bloom, she's the one who told me you made out with Cozy Glow and dumped Sweetie Belle," Diamond Tiara said. "She also said some other stuff that I really shouldn't repeat."

"Yeah she hates me, I don't blame her," Rumble said. "I broke Sweetie Belle's heart, and breaking up probably did make it worse. I'm just so confused right now, I still think I love Sweetie Belle but I also do somewhat like Cozy Glow. I thought the break-up would clear my mind but I'm just stuck between the affection of two fillies."

"Wow, you're really frazzled about all this," Diamond Tiara said, pitying the colt.

"It's been eating at me, I can't even do the usual stunts I've always been able to do," Rumble said. "I almost just want to go back to Sweetie Belle and ask her to take me back, but I don't think I'm fully ready to be with her again."

"Would Sweetie Belle even want you back?" Diamond Tiara asked. "That's something else you should consider."

"Well she didn't want to break up, she was willing to forgive me, I just foolishly pushed for it," Rumble explained, getting an annoyed reaction from Diamond Tiara.

"You dummy! Why would you want to break up with a filly who could forgive you cheating on her?" Diamond Tiara asked. "That's like the definition of love, forgiveness for mistakes!"

"Hey I was amazed she was willing to forgive me at all," Rumble said. "How do you forgive somepony for cheating?"

"Sweetie Belle is just that nice of a girl," Diamond Tiara said. "It's just a shame all of this happened, you two were the cutest couple. You were the envy of so many foals, especially Button Mash."

"Oh right, Gamer boy, how has he reacted to all this?" Rumble asked.

"Well he's been going to Sweetie Belle's house every day this past week, I don't know if he's had any luck though," Diamond Tiara said.

"I don't know why but the idea of Sweetie Belle ending up with Button Mash just rubs me the wrong way," Rumble said, very bitterly.

"See, you are still in love with Sweetie Belle, I say just go to her, apologize for doing this silly break-up and get back together with the filly you're meant to be with," Diamond Tiara said.

"It won't be that easy," Rumble said. "I can't be that easy. I don't know if I can even do it."

"You can't just give up, think of all the adorable babies you two could have together," Diamond Tiara said. "I mean Sweetie Belle is very pretty, she's got a really nice mane and soft silky fur. You're athletically fit and you have adorable eyes. If you and Sweetie Belle had babies, they'd be the most beautiful baby foals in existence!"

Rumble thought back to what Sweetie Belle once said that he found funny and very cute, "Well Sweetie Belle did once say she hoped our babies could be Alicorns, you know, since she's a Unicorn and I'm a Pegasus."

"It could happen, you both have the genes for it!" Diamond Tiara said. "I can help you as well, why don't you come by my house later?"

"Well I promised Cozy Glow that I'd go see her," Rumble said. "I don't want to break that promise I made."

"Alright, bring her over then," Diamond Tiara said. "I want to see this filly for myself anyway."

"Uh, I don't know if that's such a good idea," Rumble said. "She's still not too keen being around other ponies, and she can be a bit sassy and rude at times."

"Don't worry, I can handle fillies like that," Diamond Tiara said. "Come by my house in an hour."

Diamond Tiara trotted off, Rumble feeling confused and conflicted. He isn't too confident about bringing over Cozy Glow, but he figured for now to trust Diamond Tiara, if things got too bad he could try to straighten it out.

Rumble took back to the skies, ready to practice some more, and hopefully figure out the moves he was trying to pull off.

Time passed and Rumble kept his promise in going to Diamond Tiara's home, being joined by Cozy Glow and Flitter, the three trotting over to the rich filly's house.

"So why are we doing this again?" Cozy Glow asked. "Why did this filly invite me over to her house?

"Diamond Tiara wanted to see me, but I wanted to keep my promise and see you, so she offered to let you come," Rumble said. "But truth be told, I don't fully know what Diamond Tiara wants, it's not like I'm that close with her, for a while I used to not like her."

"Why didn't you like her?" Cozy Glow asked. "Was she mean?"

"Kind of, she used to pick on ponies that didn't have a Cutie Mark, especially Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo," Rumble said. "She thought having a Cutie Mark made her so great, it became one of the reasons I hated Cutie Marks, it turned some ponies into jerks."

"Oh, that's a shame," Cozy Glow said. "Good thing I'm not one of those means ponies."

"Uh, sure Cozy," Rumble said. "Now remember, when you get to Diamond Tiara's place, try to be on your best behavior, and try to make friends."

"Of course, anypony who dislikes the Cutie Mark Crusaders as much as I do is already a friend in my eyes," Cozy Glow said.

Rumble groaned in annoyance, hoping this won't go sour once she realizes that Diamond Tiara has changed her attitude towards the Crusaders. If anything Rumble hoped that maybe her attitude will rub off on Cozy Glow.

Flitter could of course sense Rumble's worries, it was the same as hers. Cozy hadn't met Diamond Tiara to her knowledge so this could be a chance for a nice fresh start.

As they arrived at her house, Cozy Glow marveled at the sights, this was a huge looking place. "Gee wilikers, does your friend actually live here? It's humongous!"

"She's the daughter of the richest ponies in Ponyville, so naturally she has a big house to boot," Rumble explained as he approached the door and knocked. "She's also got a lot of butlers and maids, so we might see one-"

"Rumble!" Diamond Tiara greeted, opening the door to hug her friend. "You made it!"

"Dia?" Rumble asked. "Uh, since when do you answer the door when somepony comes over?"

"Well I know you were coming and I wanted to make sure you felt welcomed, it's only polite after all," Diamond Tiara said.

"Oh well, thanks, I appreciate that," Rumble said, then gestured to the filly beside him. "This is Cozy Glow, not sure if you actually met her before, but here she is up close."

"Pleasure to meet you Diamond Tiara," Cozy said with a courtesy.

"Yeah, nice to meet you too," Diamond Tiara said, little untrusting of Cozy Glow. She turned her attention to the adult mare beside Rumble. "Hey isn't that one of your foalsitters?"

"Well she's more Cozy's now but yeah, that's Flitter," Rumble said.

"Don't worry my little Rumble, I can always make time for you as well," Flitter teased, much to Rumble's embarrassment.

"Seriously? In front of the rich girl?" Rumble asked.

"Oh I don't mind Rumble, I think it's sweet that she still wants to watch over and care for you, not everypony has a loving parent or guardian to shower them with constant love," Diamond Tiara said.

"Oh who needs parents when you can take care of yourself?" Cozy Glow stated. This raised some curiosity from Rumble and Flitter. They had to wonder where Cozy's parents were, the only mention of them was back when they first met Cozy on Mount Aris when she mentioned not having any parents to look after her.

"Well why don't you come on inside," Diamond Tiara said, allowing the three ponies into her room. As they trotted through the estate, Cozy continuously awed at just how big everything was. She's used to big buildings, having stayed at the School of Friendship, but that building had to be big for all those students, this is all for one family.


"Your house is really pretty Diamond Tiara," Flitter said.

"I know, daddy always goes for the nicest designs," Diamond Tiara said. "One of the perks of being rich."

"How did you get so rich anyway?" Cozy Glow asked.

"Through a partnership with Sweet Apple Acres," Diamond Tiara explained. "When the Apples first founded Ponyville, they grew their Apples and sold most of them to my Great Grandpa, Stinkin' Rich, and their business boomed. Since then our family has been raking in the bits."

"Golly, that's so amazing, making use of those dirty farmer ponies really paid off," Cozy Glow said, getting a scowl from Diamond Tiara.

"We didn't 'make use' of them, they grew their apples and we bought a share, it's simple business," Diamond Tiara said.

"If it's that simple, why aren't the Apples rich then?" Cozy Glow asked. "Seems like you do take most of their apples and you sell them for your own profit."

"Well...I can't explain their finances, but I imagine most of their bits goes to all the supplies they need to continue growing Apples," Diamond Tiara said. "They don't seem to care if they're rich or not, they're happy together, that's what matters. Besides daddy has a lot of business partners, so it's not just the Apples, and we do give back to them at least."

"The Apples and Dia's family are still pretty close in Partnership, especially after all these years, so there must be some satisfaction," Rumble said. "Plus I don't think the Apples are just about profit, they enjoy what they do after all."

"Well that's silly, who wouldn't want to make a bunch of bits and live in a big, pretty house like this one," Cozy said.

"Can't argue with that logic," Diamond Tiara said, earning a mild glare from Rumble. "Of course I could...totally, do...without this...nice, pretty...house I guess?" Diamond laughed nervously, feeling quite awkward at the moment.

"Never mind," Rumble said. "So now that we're were, what do we do now?"

Diamond Tiara turned to Cozy Glow, "Do you like pools? Spas? All the sweets you can eat?"

"Boy do I!" Cozy Glow said. "Why are you asking though?"

"Flitter, down the hall is the pool room, hand this over to my butlers and maids," Diamond Tiara said, slipping her a pass. "Tell them Diamond Tiara gave the ok and they'll treat Cozy Glow here to a wonderful time."

"Uh, ok then?" Flitter said. "But what about you? Aren't you coming as well?"

"I need to speak with Rumble for a bit, so I figured I could let Cozy Glow pass the time and enjoy herself while I did, it won't take long," Diamond Tiara said.

"Yay! Let's go Flitter!" Cozy Glow said, pulling Flitter by the hoof.

"Alright, I'll see you in a little while Rumble," Flitter said as Cozy continuously pulled at her hoof, leading her toward the pool area.

"That was really nice of you, I didn't think you'd do so a big favor like that for Cozy Glow, I figured you still didn't trust her," Rumble said. "Also what exactly did you want to talk to me about?"

"Your future," Diamond Tiara said. "Come with me."

Rumble wasn't sure what to make of this, but he did not hesitate to follow Diamond Tiara. She led him to a dining area where a little table was set up with candles, flowers and two plates containing ice cream sundaes.

"Uh, what's going on?" Rumble asked.

"You are I are going on a date, right now," Diamond Tiara answered, confusing the colt.

"Uh, run that by me again?" Rumble asked.

"I just want to see how you react to dating another filly with a pretty face, then remind you that love isn't just physical attraction, but emotional as well. After our date, you'll be that much closer to being back together with Sweetie Belle," Diamond Tiara said.

"Uh, I don't really get how this is gonna reunite me with Sweetie Belle," Rumble said.

"Just let me do all the thinking, you just sit there and look pretty," Diamond Tiara said. "Also, don't expect me to be totally nice to you, if I'm gonna prove my point, I need to be just as mean as Cozy Glow is capable of being, we'll see if you're willing to date a bad filly over somepony as kind and wonderful as Sweetie Belle."

"Uh, I still think this is a bad idea," Rumble said. "I mean what if-"

"Oh can it blank flank!" Diamond Tiara ordered.

Rumble just started pitifully at the filly, "Uh, that's not really an insult for me, I'm happy being a blank flank, it keeps my options open."

"Oh right, I heard you hated Cutie Marks," Diamond Tiara said, taking a spoonful of her Sundae. "That's so weird though, Cutie Marks are what makes a pony well...a pony! That's like-"

"Not wanting to breath?" Rumble asked. "Scootaloo already said that, all the Crusaders told me this already, seems like you really got in their heads."

"Hey to be fair, they wanted their marks even without my...pointing it out," Diamond Tiara said, feeling regret for how she used to mistreat the Crusaders.

"Of course, they didn't want to be judged by other ponies, because other ponies think having a Cutie Mark gives them purpose in life," Rumble said. "I would never judge a pony for something that trivial. I mean if you want a Cutie Mark, fine, if you have one, fine, what I don't like is that one pony thinks everypony should have them. I don't want a Cutie Mark because I don't feel like I need one to feel complete and I don't like being limited to one thing."

"Well...for all I know, you don't have one because you feel inadequate, because you have no talent," Diamond Tiara said, shoving a bit more ice cream in her mouth. "So you're only pretending to not want one when you really do!"

"What does your Cutie Mark even mean?" Rumble asked.

"Uh...it means I'm a good leader, that I can get others to do what I want," Diamond Tiara answered.

"Alright, how are you gonna get me to believe what you say about Cutie Marks?" Rumble asked.

"By explaining it to you that they're important!" Diamond Tiara said. "Cutie Marks make a pony special, don't you want to feel special, or do you want to just be a nopony?"

"A nopony by your standards? Because that really doesn't mean much to me," Rumble said. "Honestly for the longest time, it seemed like you just wanted a Cutie Mark for the sake of having one, I once even thought your Cutie Mark was fake just because you had an inferiority complex and wanted to fit in or be better."

"My Cutie Mark is not fake, I can assure you that," Diamond Tiara said, using a napkin to wipe off some ice cream on her face. "I'll even let you rub my flank, you'll find no paint or ink!"

"Uh, I'll pass on that," Rumble said. "Still, why is it so important to you? You should be just happy being you."

"That's something only lesser ponies think," Diamond Tiara said. "And I am no lesser pony. I am superior!"

"Having a mark near your butt doesn't make you superior, I really hate that mindset," Rumble said. "You're a pretty girl and you're going to be very successful in the future, you don't need a Cutie Mark to tell you that, I can see it just by seeing what you can do."

Diamond Tiara blushed a bit at the compliment, "Yeah, well...still, I like my Cutie Mark, if you don't want one, then that's your loss!"

"Fine by me," Rumble said. "So, is there another point to-"

"Your Sundae is melting," Diamond Tiara said, gesturing to the treat. "I went through a lot of trouble to prepare it for you, so you better eat it."

"It's not too sugary is it?" Rumble asked.

"Oh just be a kid for once and stop being so lame," Diamond Tiara said.

"Excuse me but I take my diet very seriously, that's why I keep track of what goes into my body, I don't want a sugar rush affecting my training," Rumble said.

"Oh come on, what if you never become a Wonderbolt, you don't even have a Cutie Mark," Diamond Tiara said.

Rumble started getting annoyed and frustrated, "You're being really rude right now!"

"That's the point, if you think I'm bad, imagine Cozy Glow, a filly who tried taking over Equestria, if you can't date me, what makes you think you can date her?" Diamond Tiara asked.

"Because I know Cozy Glow's nice, just like you are," Rumble said. "Diamond Tiara, you used to be a bully, now you're one of the nicest fillies I know. You're one of the reasons I believe Cozy Glow can change, and I really feel like you can help her change. This mean ponysona, this isn't you, the real you is much more beautiful, inside and out, just like Cozy Glow can be, and just like Sweetie Belle is."

Diamond Tiara's blush just widened, this colt was way too charming. Why hasn't she noticed before? Was it his own blank flank? It can't be, even in her bully days she would not have passed up a chance to be with an attractive colt, he would have been the exception to her rule.

"You're right, this is a bad idea," Diamond Tiara said. "Sorry I even thought of this, I thought I could help but I guess I couldn't even do that. I just wanted to help you and Sweetie Belle and I thought if I showed you what it would be like to date a mean filly then you would reconsider everything and go back to Sweetie Belle, but I guess it would make sense that you would want to look past somepony's flaws and expect better out of them, you're so kindhearted Rumble."

Rumble blushed a bit, "It's nothing really, I'm no better than anypony else," Rumble said. "I've made my share of mistakes after all."

"Nopony's perfect," Diamond Tiara said. "Um, I'm sorry for the mean stuff I said, I'm past that Cutie Mark thing, I know you don't need one to be special."

"Just being yourself makes you special, sorry if I came across not too nice either though," Rumble said. "

"It's fine," Diamond Tiara said. "I guess this has just been a silly waste of time."

"It doesn't have to be, we can still talk, we're friends right, let's just spend time with each other," Rumble said. "Plus I am single, so I can technically date you, though we still don't have to call it that."

"No I don't mind," Diamond Tiara said. "Honestly, I'm a little ashamed that I never once considered asking you to a date, took me a while to see just how handsome you were."

"Wow, never thought Diamond Tiara of all ponies would find anything appealing about me," Rumble said.

"Come on, you're so attractive, and you're athletically fit, you would have made the perfect coltfriend for me," Diamond Tiara said. "And to be honest, I didn't dislike all blank flanks, and I definitely would have dated you regardless. But it's my loss, now I'll never know what it was like to have a coltfriend like you..." Diamond softly gazed at Rumble. "Until now at least..."

Rumble started blushing, Diamond Tiara looked so adorable right now. He's amazed he never thought about it until now. He took note of her inching closer, wanting his affection. He shouldn't, he already had a lot on his mind between Sweetie Belle and Cozy Glow, but he can't help it, this filly is being way too cute.

Against his better judgement, Rumble leaned in and joined in a kiss with Diamond Tiara, the filly quick to leave her chair and join Rumble on his, sitting on his lap as she deepened the kiss. This wasn't like most of his other kisses, Diamond Tiara was more physically affectionate, hugging Rumble tightly and pressing her body against his, feeling just how toned he was.

Rumble hugged Diamond Tiara close to him, feeling her soft coat against his body. Though as he did so, he lowered his hoof toward her flank area, feeling her Cutie Mark. Definitely not fake, but worth the check.

Diamond didn't seem to mind the touch, she rather enjoyed just how adventurous he was. To return that she started to insert her tongue into the kiss, she was gonna make the most of this moment.

Diamond Tiara pulled away after a few seconds, breathing really hard. "Come with me to my room, for a little extra privacy."

Rumble did not hesitate, maybe it was his raw emotions, or just the thrill but he quickly followed Diamond Tiara as they continued their secret romance.

Hours passed, it was time for Rumble and Cozy Glow to come home. Cozy looked like she had the time of her life, having enjoyed her swimming, the spa, some fun toys and games, in addition to being pretty hyped up on sweets. She along with Flitter and Rumble were making their way out of the home, Flitter trying to keep Cozy from flying off out of hyperness. Diamond Tiara, being a good host, had walked them out the door.

"Golly, that was so much fun!" Cozy Glow exclaimed, nearly flying off in different directions.

"I'm glad you had fun," Flitter said, trying to keep the hyper filly under control. "But can you please calm yourself before you get hurt?"

Diamond Tiara giggled a bit at this display, "Wow, she's actually kind of cute."

"Yeah, nice to see Cozy being a normal filly," Rumble said, then turned to Diamond Tiara. "Um, so what happens now, between us?"

"I'm not sure...things did get pretty passionate in there, but I'm not sure if I'm really ready for a type of commitment," Diamond Tiara said.

"Well, that's alright, I'm just as confused myself," Rumble said.

"Um, I wouldn't mind seeing you again, if you're interested that is," Diamond Tiara said, bashfully playing with her mane. "Just to talk some more...and maybe 'test' things out."

"I'm good with that," Rumble said, lightly kicking the ground.

Cozy then latched onto Rumble, hugging him tightly, "Thanks so much for bringing me Rumble! It was super fun! I wanna do it again sometime soon! Really soon! Sooner than soon!"

"You're more than welcome to come back, if Flitter's alright with it," Diamond Tiara said.

Cozy latched into Flitter, hugging her neck tightly, "Can I?! Pwetty Pwease!?"

Flitter pulled Cozy's hoofs off, trying to get some air, "I'll see what I can do, just lighten up on the sugar next time."

"Yay! You're the best, I love you so much!" Cozy shouted, kissing Flitter on the cheek.

"Aw, so adorable," Flitter said. "You have such an cute smile Cozy, it's a treat seeing you happy."

Rumble had to admit, seeing Cozy this happy, hyper even was a real treat for him as well. This shows she's capable of showing off a much nicer side and she is perfectly capable of acting like a real kid.

Cozy had broken away from Flitter hovered next to Rumble, "Too bad we didn't do much today."

"We can try to squeeze something in, I have time," Rumble said. "Whatever makes you happy."

Cozy hovered next to Diamond Tiara, "Thanks for letting me use your pool and stuff, you're really nice, maybe we can be friends!"

"Next time I'll join you," Diamond Tiara said.

"That would be super! It's more fun to do things when you have friends," Cozy Glow said, then hugged Diamond Tiara. "I hope I can see you again real soon."

Diamond Tiara slowly returned the hug, "Yeah, same here."

The trio of Pegasai had flown off, leaving Diamond Tiara to herself. Much as she liked Rumble coming over, part of her felt regret. Even if they're broken up, she still made out with a pony that she believed Sweetie Belle likely still had feelings for, and she knew Rumble wanted to go back to her. She hopes she hadn't messed anything up. She slowly went back inside her home, wanting to relax for a bit and take her mind off things.

Back in the future, Twilight was still on a mission, to find her beloved pony Tender Taps. She had destroyed almost everything in her path, taking down anyone in her way. This time she attacked a group of the Storm King's soldiers, showing no mercy as they begged for help, Twilight only asking where Tender Taps might be.

"I'm losing my patience, where is my Tappy!" Twilight shouted, zapping more soldiers.

This did not go unnoticed by Grogar, the goat monster observing from his Crystal Ball. Moments later he noticed Adagio and some Changelings bringing in the one pony Twilight wanted the most.

"You must be Tender Taps, welcome to our home," Grogar greeted.

Tender Taps looked frightened, backing away from Grogar, bumping into another pony in the process. He turned around and was face to face with King Sombra.

"So, this is the one?" Sombra asked.

"Yes, Twilight's precious little colt," Adagio said, seductively eyeing Tender Taps. "Gotta say, you grew up pretty well, kind of see what Twilight likes about you."

"Get back!" Tender Taps warned, though his frightened demeanor did not help his statement.

"Oh, don't worry cutie, nothing bad is gonna happen to you, not yet at least," Adagio said, trotting over and gently stroking his face. "So handsome, any chance we could keep this one alive? You know, even after we destroy Twilight Sparkle and her friends."

"No promises, but if he doesn't do anything to cross us, then he might live to see many more days," Grogar said.

"I don't know, the idea of doing away with somepony Twilight Sparkle loves before we end her existence seems like a much more appropriate form of revenge," Sombra said.

"True, but it seems like such a waste," Adagio said. "Maybe we can find her brother or anypony else in her family to do that, or one of her friends. That will get the message across just as well."

"Have it your way," Sombra said. "What matters is that the Princess will fall and Equestria will be ours."

Tender Taps was shaking in fear, hoping desperately that his Princess will come to his rescue. He really missed Twilight, and would do anything to be with the mare he loved.