• Published 7th Mar 2020
  • 1,560 Views, 33 Comments

Sweet Affection 5: The Quest to True Love - Masterob



Rumble must reunite with Sweetie Belle to overcome odds.

  • ...
9
 33
 1,560

Apple of the Heart

Apple Bloom and Scootaloo were hiding at the edge of a cave, waiting for the patrols of Changelings and Storm King soliders to pass by. They had gotten a fair distance away from town but still had no luck finding anyone to help.

"To think last week things were pretty normal," Apple Bloom said.

"Hey things can change in an instant, especially when it comes to us," Scootaloo said. "Gotta always be prepared."

"Got me there," Apple Bloom said. "Say, you think Rumble's doing alright out here?"

"That was a random question to bring up," Scootaloo said. "But I think he'll be fine, he's got combat training after all."

"Yeah, yer right. I'm just worried about him, that's all," Apple Bloom said.

"Hopefully we'll find him out here," Scootaloo said.

Apple Bloom was still worried, Rumble's tough but he's not the level of her sister or her friends. She remembered the day she and Rumble really got to bond and get closer, and to think she had really hated him prior to that encounter.

One day after his date with Scootaloo, Rumble was making his way over to Flitter's house, once again to see Cozy Glow. While he's been pretty much exploring his options with many fillies, he always seems to find himself drawn to Cozy Glow the most, though he might have to start checking with the other fillies. Maybe later on he can see Scootaloo as well.

When he arrived at Flitter's house however, he saw a surprise visitor in Applejack, the farm pony speaking to both Cozy Glow and Flitter about something.

"A dinner at your house?" Flitter asked.

"Yeah, you and Cozy Glow can come on over tonight and have dinner with me and the family," Applejack said. "So, how 'bout it?"

"That sounds like it could be fun," Flitter said. "What do you think Cozy Glow?"

"Eh, I guess so," Cozy Glow said. "I don't suppose you'll have any candy though?"

"No candy," Flitter ordered. "Remember the last time you had sweets?"

"It wasn't that bad," Cozy Glow said.

"It took you hours to calm down, you could barely go to sleep that night," Flitter said. "No candy."

"We do have apples," Applejack offered.

"Yeah, I know, you live on an apple farm," Cozy Glow replied, with a hint of sass.

"Cozy Glow, be mindful of Applejack," Flitter said, then turned back to the farmer mare, "We'd love to come."

"That's great, come by around sunset," Applejack said. "If ya see Rumble, let him know he's invited too."

"I am?" Rumble said, making his presence known to the mares.

"Rumble!" Cozy Glow said, running over to hug the colt.

"Oh good, perfect timing," Applejack said. "Ah was just telling Flitter and Cozy Glow about a dinner ah had planned tonight, and ah wanted to invite you as well."

"Uh, sure I guess," Rumble said, trying to ease off of Cozy Glow's tight hug.

"Great, I'll be seeing you tonight them," Applejack said, trotting off back to her farm.

"Huh, a dinner with Applejack huh?" Rumble said, still stuck in his hug with Cozy Glow.

"It should be fun," Flitter said. "Us with the Apples, they're a very friendly bunch," Flitter said.

"Except Apple Bloom doesn't really like me much these days," Rumble said.

"Oh don't worry about her," Cozy Glow said, finally breaking away from the hug. "If she does anything mean, I'll deal with her myself."

"How exactly may I ask?" Flitter asked in an almost warning tone.

Cozy cringed a bit, then looked up at Flitter with the cutest smile she could muster. "I would just tell her it's not vewy nice to be mean to sweet little Wumbly."

Flitter narrowed her eyes at the filly, "See to it that's all that happens."

Cozy Glow nodded as Flitter went inside, the two foals following. Rumble chuckled lightly to himself, "She's got quite a way with authority."

"Yeah, she can be a little intimidating sometimes," Cozy Glow said. "But she's still really nice, so I don't want to disappoint her."

"Same, I could never let Flitter down, she's always been there for me so I always try to be the best colt I could be for her," Rumble said.

"She's a lot nicer than her sister at least," Cozy Glow said. "I know that mare doesn't trust me."

"Cloudchaser's just a bit protective, that's all," Rumble insisted. "Once she sees how well you're getting along with me and Flitter she'll start to like you."

"Golly, I do hope so, she looks like a pony I don't want to make mad," Cozy Glow said.

"Yeah I've seen how bad of an idea that would be," Rumble said.

"But speaking of angry ponies, you really want to go to a dinner at the Apple Family Farm?" Cozy Glow asked. "You know Apple Bloom doesn't trust us."

"Well she has good reason, I did cheat on Sweetie Belle, with you," Rumble reminded.

"Yet you still come to see me just about everyday," Cozy Glow pointed out. "Not that I blame you, I am very adorable."

"Uh yeah, well I don't like that it basically resulted in my friends hating me," Rumble said. "Dinky was the only one who stood by my side, everypony else kind of ditched me, and honestly I miss them a lot, so I guess this dinner is a good thing because I can reconnect with Apple Bloom and be her friend again."

"Well something tells me it will go as badly as it did with Tender Taps," Cozy Glow said. "Maybe even worse."

"He eventually came around," Rumble reminded.

"Yeah, because of Flurry Heart's help, and something tells me he didn't fully mean it when he said he was sorry," Cozy Glow said.

"We gotta have more faith Cozy," Rumble said. "Try to be nice with Apple Bloom, she was your friend once."

"Ugh, why do you keep saying that? I never said any of them were my friends," Cozy Glow said.

"Cozy you may try to deny it all you want but I can tell that deep down you do care Cozy Glow," Rumble said. "Why do you insist on being this tough little loner?"

"I'm not a loner, I have you don't I?" Cozy Glow said. "And soon I'll have Flurry Heart."

"Are we really all you want though?" Rumble asked. "Why not try to have the friendship of The Crusaders as well? They're really nice girls."

"If they're so nice, why have they been mean to you?" Cozy Glow sassily asked.

"Maybe because I kissed you while dating Sweetie Belle, like I just said a moment ago!" Rumble shouted. "Like it or not Cozy Glow, the Crusaders are well within their right to be mad at us, so far only Scootaloo has reached out to me."

"Scootaloo?" Cozy Glow asked. "When was this?"

"Yesterday, before I came to see you," Rumble explained.

"Is that why you were late!?" Cozy Glow asked, looking annoyed. "Who else have you been seeing Rumble!?"

Rumble looked a little surprised by this sudden outburst, "Uh, just some friends, like my best friend Dinky."

"Doesn't she have a crush on you?" Cozy Glow suspiciously asked.

"Yeah...er I mean no, I mean, it's complicated," Rumble said. "Look she only kissed me for a bit because I was single, she told me she'd back off if I ever got another filly to date."

"Oh, I never said she had to back off," Cozy Glow said.

Rumble scratched his head in confusion, "Uh, weren't you just jealous a moment ago?"

"Only because of Scootaloo maybe, but like I said, I'm more lenient," Cozy Glow said. "Remember when I let you kiss Flurry Heart? I'm fine if you ever want to kiss another filly, just so long as I know about it and I'm alright with that filly."

"Wait, alright as in how?" Rumble asked.

"Some fillies I'll let slide, like Flurry and your friend Dinky, but others like Scootaloo might pose a problem," Cozy Glow said. "It's like this, Flurry's alright because she's just a littler filly and she can't really take you from me, and your friend Dinky is just that, a friend. If she wants some kissy time with you, we can work something out. Scootaloo isn't likely to share you with me, and she may want you all to herself, and that's a big no-no for me."

"That's...weirdly generous of you," Rumble said.

"Isn't that one of the Elements of Harmony?" Cozy Glow asked. "Generosity is Rarity's element, and I'm willing to bet even she wouldn't be as generous as I am. I'll also be Loyal to you through this, even beyond Rainbow Dash. Like I said, I just ask that you let me know the filly, and I'll decide if I want that filly to be part of our herd."

"Herd?" Rumble asked. "Uh, Cozy Glow, I appreciate the gesture, but I'm more of a one filly type of pony. I want to eventually settle, if the two of us ever have kids, then it might be weird to explain the other girls."

Cozy Glow blushed at the though of having foals with Rumble, just being used as an example was enough to send her heart a flutter. "Whatever you want Rumble. If you want other fillies, then I'll be fine with that, but if it's only me," Cozy Glow wrapped around his neck, "Then that's even better."

The two shared a brief kiss, Cozy feeling satisfied. The more understanding she was to Rumble, the more he seemed to want her, and if she truly doesn't have to share him, then all the better for her.

What she really wanted was to say whatever Rumble wanted to hear, so long as she was willing to compromise, and never lose control.

The time came, Flitter and the foals were making their way over to Sweet Apple Acres. Flitter felt pretty optimistic about this meeting, though Rumble and Cozy Glow were concerned for their own reasons.

Rumble was worried about seeing Apple Bloom again, knowing that she still wasn't too fond of him. Cozy Glow wasn't too trusting of Apple Bloom or her sister Applejack. Flitter could tell the two foals were nervous, real shame to her since she knows how nice the Apples can be, but she also knows they have some reason to be.

"Remember kids, this is a chance for rebuilding," Flitter reminded. "Rumble you have what it takes to make peace with Apple Bloom, and Cozy Glow, at least try to be nice to Apple Bloom."

"Yes Flitter," both foals said, though their doubt still remained.

Flitter arrived at the farm, knocking at the door and awaiting an answer. "Remember, smiles." Applejack answered the door, "We're here!"

Applejack tipped her hat, "Good to see ya Flitter." She turned to the foals, both of them with wide yet nervous smiles, "Howdy kids, how you been lately?"

"Oh just...fine, I guess," Rumble said, somewhat hesitant.

"Real Peachy," Cozy Glow said, a hint of sarcasm in her voice.

"Well come on in y'all, food's ready and waiting," Applejack said, the trio entering her house.

"Your home looks so nice Applejack," Flitter said. "So well decorated."

"Much appreciated," Applejack said, leading them to the dining area where the food was. "Hope you like hay sandwiches and daisy salad."

"Rumble sure does, he likes eating these healthy snacks," Flitter said.

"Right, yer an athletic colt, so you eat food fer athletes," Applejack said.

"Yeah, I do," Rumble said. "Uh, I don't mind eating anything else, I just prefer to keep my diet the way it is so I can be an efficient flyer."

"I admire a colt that can stick to a diet, hard thing fer ponies to do," Applejack said. "Ah mean, just ask Rarity how tough it was fer ger to slim down fer a dress, she refused to make it any bigger than it was."

"Uh, I'd rather not talk to Rarity just yet," Rumble said. "So I'll just take your word for it."

Applejack knew why Rumble wouldn't be eager to talk to Rarity. She herself still hasn't fully forgiven Rumble for what he's done. "Well that's fine, maybe another time. Ah hope you like desert though."

"I like desert!" Cozy Glow excitedly shouted. "I like all types of treats!"

"Well if you keep yerself well behaved today, you can have all the sweets you'd like," Applejack said.

"Not too much though," Flitter interjected. "Last time she had a sugar rush."

"That so? Well I'll make sure that don't happen again," Applejack reassured. "We just gotta wait fer the rest of the fam, they should be in any moment now."

True to Applejack's word, Granny Smith had come into the kitchen with Big Macintosh and Apple Bloom right behind her.

"Howdy youngins, good to have ya here," Granny Smith greeted.

"Good evening to y'all," Big Macintosh greeted.

"Hey," Apple Bloom said in a very uncaring voice.

Applejack furrowed her brows at her little sister, but she knew that the best thing to do right now was to let things build naturally and soon she can be the best of friends with Rumble again, and hopefully even make peace with Cozy Glow.

Though Applejack also knew that she herself had get used to Cozy Glow, but thinking about it, it shouldn't be too hard. She got along well with Starlight Glimmer after what she's done, same with the other old villains turned friends. Except maybe Discord, she still has some trust issues with him but she trusts Fluttershy more to keep him under control.

"Well gather around, everypony can take a seat and pick out what looks the most tasty," Applejack said.

"I pick Rumble then," Cozy Glow said, seductively eyeing the now nervous and blushing colt.

"Uh, I don't think I'm on the menu," Rumble said, sheepishly smiling.

"Flirty much?" Apple Bloom stated.

"Come now, nothing wrong with a little humor," Applejack said, taking a seat and grabbing some food, the others doing the same. Flitter had to pick food out for Cozy since she really wasn't interested in anything at all.

"Make sure you eat every last bite if you want dessert young filly," Flitter said.

"Ugh, alright fine Flitter," Cozy Glow said, grabbing a sandwich and taking a bite. Fortunately it wasn't that bad.

"We got some baked apples for y'all too," Applejack said, pointing to a basket. "They're pretty good, so try them out if you can."

Cozy Glow swallowed her bite, then turned to Applejack, "I know this is an apple farm, but do you have any other fruits? Like oranges? Or bananas? Or even pears?"

"Pears?" Applejack said. "Funny story, my maw was a Pear farmer before she met my pops. Too bad the families hated each other at first."

"Wait, your mom's family hated your dad'?" Cozy Glow asked.

"Oh hate's a strong word," Granny Smith pointed out. "But I did despise Grand Pear, and ah wasn't too thrilled with mah son dating his daughter."

"That makes your parents star-crossed lovers, doesn't it Applejack?" Flitter asked.

"Sure does, they even had to get married in secret, only their closest friends knew about it," Applejack said. "Including Mrs. Cake."

"The bakery mare?" Cozy Glow asked. "She knew your parents?"

"She was mah mom's best friend," Applejack said. "In fact my mom was the one who helped her find her Cutie Mark, something Apple Bloom does now. Carrying on the Apple Family tradition in more ways than one."

"Hm, secret wedding, very sneaky, kind of like that," Cozy Glow said, smiling mischievously. "Doing what you can to get what you want, even when it comes to love."

"Well ah certainly wasn't happy to not have gotten an invite to mah son's wedding," Granny Smith bitterly said. "But, given the circumstances, ah guess Bright Mac had no choice. Ah do admire just how committed he was to Buttercup. She was a nice mare really, and it wasn't really fair fer me to judge her just because ah didn't care fer her father." Granny Smith focused her attention to the foals, "Never be too quick to judge somepony just because you don't like someone close to them."

"Oh ah would never do that," Apple Bloom said. "Even if Scootaloo spent time with Rumble yesterday, ah would never treat her any less, same with any other filly with Rumble."

"Apple Bloom..." Big Mac lightly scolded.

"It's fine, she has a right to be mad," Rumble admitted. "I made a mistake, so it's no surprise that a lot of ponies don't like me now."

"Ponies make mistakes sonny," Granny Smith said. "Don't beat yerself up too much over it, ah mean you seem like a nice kid, and even the nicest of ponies can screw up once in a while."

"Fluttershy once said this, 'Just because you made a bad choice, doesn't mean yer a bad dragon'," Applejack said, then noticed how confused Rumble looked. "Well she said that to a dragon, something yer not, but the point still stands. You made a bad choice, but it's not too late to make things right."

"I want to, but I can't talk to Sweetie Belle yet, I still feel weird and she might still be hurting, I know Scootaloo said she wasn't but-" Rumble said.

"She is," Apple Bloom interrupted. "Ah know because ah I had to comfort her when she was crying in her room!"

Rumble's ears dropped, "I didn't mean to make her cry, I would never want to do something like that!"

"Well ya did, but you never noticed because you were too busy making out with that little traitor," Apple Bloom said, pointing to Cozy Glow.

Cozy Glow was of course unhappy about that accusation. "Golly, I must be remembering things differently, because I seem to recall that you and your friends betrayed me."

"Excuse me!?" Apple Bloom shouted. "You locked us in a closet!"

"Because you tried foiling my plans to make a better Equestria!" Cozy Glow shouted.

"Girls, come on, no shouting at the table," Flitter said. "Let's try to be friends."

"Ah tried being friends with her once, it didn't work out," Apple Bloom said.

"Come on, everypony deserves a second chance," Applejack said. "Cozy Glow did something bad but that doesn't mean she should be judged forever."

"Ah hope yer aware that yer standing up fer a pony who locked you in Tartarus," Apple Bloom said.

"Yes, ah am," Applejack said, glancing toward Cozy Glow. "But ah also remember that Starlight once stole mah cutie mark and locked me and mah friends in a small house fer a day while some annoying recording played over and over. Ah got passed that, so ah can get passed what Cozy Glow did...even if ah still don't fully understand her motives."

"Ah told you, being hea mare of the School of Friendship means having the most friends," Cozy Glow said.

"Uh, it's nice that you wanna make friends but that seemed a bit extreme," Applejack said. "Plus, you also stole all the magic from Equestria."

"I like to think big," Cozy Glow non-chalantly said. "Plus sealing away the magic would have kept you all trapped in Tartarus until my plan fully worked out."

"So, it wasn't gonna be forever?" Applejack asked.

"I might have freed you, yes, after I became an Alicorn," Cozy Glow stated.

"An Alicorn?" Applejack asked. "How?"

"Simply, more friends means more power, like with Twilight," Cozy Glow said. "When she got friends she became an Alicorn, if she could do that with only a few ponies, imagine what I could do with an entire school of ponies!"

Applejack shook her head, "That's not how it works Cozy Glow, we really gotta teach you about Friendship, hopefully then you'll have a better understanding and you really will become a better pony fer it."

"Will it help me become an Alicorn?" Cozy Glow asked.

Applejack shook her head, "Cozy, it ain't about becoming an Alicorn."

"But you and your friends always say 'Friendship is Magic', wouldn't the magic be becoming an Alicorn?" Cozy Glow asked.

Applejack's face went deadpanned from hearing that logic, "Cozy, if that's how it worked, then everypony with lots of friends would become an Alicorn. I would become an Alicorn, but I'm still an Earth Pony."

"Then that means you're not trying hard enough," Cozy Glow said. "Or maybe Twilight's just trying to keep you down so she has all the Magic to herself!"

"Now Cozy, don't say such things," Flitter scolded. "Twilight wouldn't do something like that."

"Well I just want to know how Friendship is Magic if you're not expected to get Alicon powers out of it, or any type of strong magic to use," Cozy Glow said.

"It's a different kind of magic Sugar Cube," Applejack explained. "It's worth much more than having a horn and a pair of wings, it's about something much more valuable."

"Ugh, sounds bogus," Cozy Glow said.

"Come now, yer friends with Rumble, you mean to tell me if that his friendship is worthless if you don't get powers put of it?" Applejack asked.

"Well...no," Cozy Glow admitted.

"And Flitter? You wouldn't call her friendship worthless, would you?" Applejack asked.

Cozy Glow turned away, "Not exactly..."

"Twilight even told me how nice you were to Flurry Heart, don't you like the idea of being her friend?" Applejack asked. "You wouldn't give that up just because it might not make you an Alicorn, would you?"

Cozy Glow shrugged, "I guess not."

"You like yer friends a lot don't you? You don't need to have power to be happy," Applejack said.

"But, having power is fun!" Cozy Glow said. "It was so great being Headmare of Twilight's school!"

"Ah still want to know how anypony bought that," Applejack said, thinking about. "Under what circumstance would Twilight put a filly in charge of her school?"

"Well I told them it was Starlight's idea," Cozy Glow said. "Maybe Starlight would have done something like that?"

"Starlight wouldn't do that," Applejack insisted, then hought about it. "Wait would she?"

"Well the point is now you know there's more to Friendship than just power," Flitter said. "Friendship in itself is worth it."

"Fine, I'll agree with you on that," Cozy Glow reluctantly said. "But it seems like such a waste of magic if it doesn't really get you anything."

Applejack sighed, "Yer gonna need a bit of work. But you got potential, just start on it now and you'll have an even better idea in the future."

"Gonna take a lot of work though," Apple Bloom commented.

"That's where you come in Apple Bloom," Applejack said. "You can help Cozy Glow in her Friendship Lessons."

"Why me? Ah tried helping her and she betrayed us, first by failing that test on purpose then locking us in a closet!" Apple Bloom said.

"H-hey! I helped you out after failing didn't I?" Cozy Glow said.

"You got us in trouble with Twilight!" Apple Bloom said. "The least you could have done was fess up, probably the only decent thing you've done!"

"Apple Bloom, lower yer voice!" Applejack ordered, then turned to Cozy Glow. "Still, why did you help them? Not like you had much to gain."

"I don't know, pity?" Cozy Glow said. "It didn't matter to me if they got in or not."

"You could have gotten away with it though," Applejack said. "If you hadn't told Twilight, she would have just assumed that mah sister and her friends were just pulling another scheme."

"Well...I had to, if I really did fail then I couldn't go to the school," Cozy Glow said, trying to look away.

"She would have given you another test though," Applejack said. "If she thought yer test wasn't fair she would have let you try again."

"Well I didn't know that, I just did what was best for me!" Cozy Glow angrily insisted.

"Spike told me you were gonna get another chance with another tutor, so you still didn't need to tell anypony," Applejack said, Cozy Glow looking more frustrated. "Honestly there was no real motivation for you to help mah sister and her friends, ah just don't know-"

"Ugh, fine, I admit, I did it because I felt bad for them!" Cozy Glow finally confessed. "I faked my answers and felt bad for getting them in trouble because they were so nice to me and I really did want to be their friend! Happy now!?"

Applejack was a little surprised by her outburst, but happy she finaly confessed her motivations. "Ah knew you could be nice."

"Cozy Glow, is that true?" Apple Bloom asked.

Cozy Glow groaned in annoyance, "Yes it's true. I tricked everypony into thinking you gave me bad Friendship advice then felt bad about it. I mean you girls were really nice to me, and you just met me. I was actually kind of envious of your bond too."

"But why did you lock me and mah friends in a closest?" Apple Bloom said. "In time you could have been just as close, ah mean Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo were already best friends before ah met them."

"I don't know, maybe I was nervous because you were going to mess up mu plans," Cozy Glow said. "I knew you weren't going to side against your sisters, so I did what I had to do to keep my plan going."

"So, do you regret turning against us?" Apple Bloom asked.

Cozy Glow looked reluctant to answer, but the looks she was getting from everyone made her crack, "Eh...possibly. I do kind of wish I didn't have to trap you but you left me with no choice."'

"So, you do have some sense of remorse," Apple Bloom stated. "Ah guess that's a start."

"Apple Bloom, why don't you take Rumble and Cozy Glow to yer room, give you a chance to catch up," Applejack suggested.

"Uh, sure," Apple Bloom said, lifting herself off the chair. "Come on you two, let's continue our conversation in my room."

The two foals followed Apple Bloom to her room, leaving the adult ponies at the table.

"Ah say Cozy's coming along...a little better than before," Applejack said.

"She's still got a long way to go but she has it in her to be nice," Flitter said. "She just needs loving care mixed with a sense of discipline. I'm firm with her but I'm also emotionally open."

"Any idea why she is the way she is?" Applejack asked. "Do you know anything about her parents?"

"No, she never mentions them," Flitter said. "When I do ask, she just says she has no family. Maybe she's an orphan, or she was abandoned."

"Gee, kind of hate to think she was abandoned," Applejack said. "Makes putting her in Tartarus seem that much harsher."

"Why was that yer first choice anyway sis?" Big Mac asked. "You've helped other evil creatures, why not Cozy Glow? She needed it the most."

"Twilight told me Celestia would handle it, guess she chose to put her in Tartarus," Applejack said.

"Ah hope it wouldn't have been permanent," Granny Smith admitted. "Foals who are troubled need guidance, throwing them into a place like that full of monsters and other dangerous creatures won't do much help."

"With all due respect to Princess Celestia, she did not make the right choice there," Big Mac said. "Of course an evil filly does seem rather...new to everypony."

"Maybe we should have done more," Applejack said. "Honestly, this wouldn't be the first time we messed up on something, not like anypony went to help Lightning Dust out the first time she made a mistake, and then there's Gilda, if not fer Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie going to Griffonstone, they probably wouldn't have made peace."

"Don't be too hard on yerself," Granny Smith said. "Mistakes happen, sometimes things happen and we don't handle them right, but that doesn't mean it's too late to make amends."

"Yer right, maybe it'll help if we rounded up other ponies and creatures we helped, help them reach out to Cozy Glow and then she'll be that much closer to the right path," Applejack said.

"Good idea, it could be like a mini-convention of sorts, we'll get Starlight, Lightning Dust, Gilda, Trixie, maybe even that pony who worked with The Storm King," Flitter said.

"Right, Tempest Shadow...or whatever her actual name was, kind of forgot," Applejack said. "Ah like Tempest better though."

"Then it's settled, we'll contact Princess Twilight later and she'll help us make this meeting a reality," Flitter said.

"Right, let's go over some details," Applejack said.

In Apple Bloom's room, she along with Rumble were sitting at the edge of her bed while Cozy Glow was laying back, snuggling against a pillow.

"Your bed's so comfy Apple Bloom," Cozy Glow said, bringing up the quilt. "Same with this blanket and pillow."

"It is nice, ain't it?" Apple Bloom said, then turned to Rumble. "So...ah kind of still want to ask you about Sweetie Belle."

"Sure, ask away," Rumble said.

"Why exactly did you two break-up?" Apple Bloom asked. "Was it because you fell out of love?" She briefly glanced at Cozy Glow, "Or in love with somepony else?"

"No, I mean, I don't think I fell out of love," Rumble said. "I still do very much care about Sweetie Belle, and I miss being with her a lot, but after what I did, I wasn't sure anymore. I broke it off because I felt bad for cheating on her, Sweetie Belle shouldn't be dating a pony who would do that to her."

"Did she want to break up?" Apple Bloom asked.

"No, she didn't actually, she was willing to forgive me," Rumble said. "I mean, I tell this to a lot of ponies and each response is a bit different, some say maybe we do need time apart, others say I should have stayed with her and worked it out. What do you think?"

"Well tell me first why you kissed Cozy Glow," Apple Bloom said.

"Well she kissed me, but...I guess I shouldn't have returned it," Rumble said. "It was a moment of weakness, me and Cozy had been bonding a lot prior to that so I felt a connection with her. Probably because she reminded me so much of Sweetie Belle, a cute filly who was dependent on me to make her feel safe and happy. Scootaloo told me I have a weakness for fillies who treat me like their knight, that's why me and Sweetie Belle had such a good romance, and why Flurry Heart looked up to me."

"How many times have you kissed Cozy Glow?" Apple Bloom asked. "Like have you kissed her before she returned to Ponyville?"

"No, I haven't," Rumble said. "I don't know why she keeps saying we did."

"Uh, let's see," Apple Bloom tried remembering something. "You two spent the night in Sugar Belle's house right?"

"Yeah, why?" Rumble asked.

"On the same bed?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Yeah, she...cuddled against me," Rumble admitted.

"You don't suppose..." Apple Bloom started to theorize.

Rumble's eyes widened, Cozy mentioned having seen some tips about romance from Sugar Belle and Party Favor. No way she would have, no while he was asleep.

"Hey Cozy Glow?" Rumble said, turning to the filly, surprised to see the filly fast asleep. "Huh, she really did feel comfortable."

Apple Bloom turned to Cozy Glow, the filly tucked away in the bed, light snoring coming from her. "Aw, she actually looks kind of cute."

"See, told you she's cute," Rumble said. "That cute filly put the moves on me and I was helpless to her charm."

"First off, that was such a lame thing to say," Apple Bloom said. "Second, ah can see yer point but ah think you gave up too fast. If Sweetie Belle was willing to forgive you then ah think you should have taken it."

"Maybe I should have, but this showed me that I can easily fall for another filly, so I had to make sure, so that was my second reason for the break-up," Rumble said. "I needed to test myself and how I feel about other fillies."

"Wait, yer actually dating other fillies?" Apple Bloom asked. "Uh, you mentioned Scootaloo earlier, did ya date her?"

"Yeah, last night," Rumble bashfully said. "The only other fillies I dated were Kettle Corn and Cozy Glow. I want to count Dinky but she's just there for the 'entertainment'. There were other fillies but they weren't really 'dates'."

"Wow, you've been busy," Apple Bloom said. "Still, would you go back to Sweetie Belle?"

"Honestly, I hope I can, but it's still too early to tell," Rumble said. "Sometimes I wonder if we were meant to be together. I mean you always thought it should have been me and Scootaloo."

"Rumble, ah really don't know much about romance, ah only went with Scootaloo because ah really wanted to help her," Apple Bloom said. "If ah knew about romance, I'd still be dating Tender Taps."

"Tender Taps had his own troubles to figure out," Rumble said, then remembered what he saw two days prior. "Though it seems like he's doing plenty of his own exploring."

"Huh? What does that mean?" Apple Bloom asked.

"Oh, nothing really," Rumble said, sadly looking aside. "Honestly, I think it might be too late for me and Sweetie Belle, she probably found somepony else by now."

"Ah don't think she has," Apple Bloom said. "I'd know about it if she did."

"You haven't seen her with anypony?" Rumble asked. "Anypony at all?"

"No," Apple Bloom said, then remembered something. "Well only Tender Taps but we always hang out with him, and those two have been getting along quite well, especially during the time you were away. He was very good at checking with her, always making sure she didn't feel too sad or lonely."

"I almost wish I never went to that camp," Rumble said. "I feel like that's what started this, had I never gone I would have seen Sweetie Belle more and been there more, plus I would have known about Cozy Glow."

"Come now Rumble, that was a big opportunity fer you, you love flying after all, and you want to be a Wonderbolt," Apple Bloom said.

"Lot of good it did me, since coming back I've lost my edge, all because of the mistakes I made, kissing Cozy Glow and breaking it off with Sweetie Belle, losing my friends," Rumble said. "I can't fly like I used to. That whole camp was a waste in the end."

"Rumble..." Apple Bloom placed her hood on his. "Yer a very talented boy, ah know this is messing with you now but ah also know you have what it takes to overcome this. Just channel that inner Wonderbolt spirit of yers. Things may look bleak now, but there's always a bright future. Ah mean, it's like when me and the girls were trying to find our Cutie Marks, things looked bleak but we never stopped trying, and now not only did we get our marks at the same time, we got the same ones too! How many ponies in Equestria can say they have the same Cutie Mark?"

"Getting those marks must have meant a lot to you, all your hard work finally paid off," Rumble said. "I may not care about getting my Cutie Mark, but I always admired how determined you girls were about getting yours. Back then, when you were all blank flanks, and my relationship with Sweetie Belle was just a one-sided crush on a filly who barely noticed me, I did admire your persistence, you had a goal and never gave up. Though part of me was hoping you'd realize how pointless it was since it only seemed to bring you misery, but you powered through, like a Wonderbolt would."

"Wow, that's nice of you to say Rumble," Apple Bloom said.

"What's even more amazing is that you helped so many ponies along the way, like Diamond Tiara with her mother issues, your cousin Babs and her insecurities, helping Tender Taps find his Cutie Mark, you even helped unite Terramar's family," Rumble said. "I kind of wish I did more to help, I barely supported that camp you and the girls made."

"Right, I seem to remember Sweetie Belle bringing you by one day then you opened yer mouth on how lame Cutie Marks were and demotivated everyone," Apple Bloom said.

Rumble sheepishly rubbed his head, "That was very insensitive of me, and I apologize for doing that."

"It's fine, everypony makes mistakes after all," Apple Bloom said, gently stroking Rumble's mane.

"Thanks," Rumble gazed affectionately at Apple Bloom. "So, does this mean you don't hate me anymore?"

"Ah never really hated you, ah was just very disappointed, but maybe ah should have given you a better chance," Apple Bloom said. "Yer mah friend, ah should have been there fer you too. You ain't a bad pony Rumble, ah was just a bad friend."

"Hey, you were there for Sweetie Belle at least," Rumble said, stroking her mane a bit. "I appreciate that, even if I can't make her happy, I'm glad somepony else can."

"We'll try to fix this, but even if you two don't get back together, you'll still be mah friend too," Apple Bloom said, getting in closer to Rumble. "Heh, just realized why so many fillies seem to like yah, you really are a handsome colt Rumble."

"And you're very pretty Apple Bloom," Rumble said. "Surprised Tender Taps couldn't hold on to you."

"Ah should have tried harder," Apple Bloom said. "Hey, this might be a weird time to bring this up, remember when ah spilt the beans about my plan? You know, when we told you that Sweetie Belle was just fake dating you to get info fer Scootaloo?"

"Yeah, what about it?" Rumble asked.

"Ah remember how mad you were one second, then how nice and sweet you were the next," Apple Bloom said. "Ah kind of envy that, ah mean I upset you just as much as you upset me, honestly ah ma have been worse since ah nearly ruined your relationship with Sweetie Belle before it began."

"Well, you were really sorry, I couldn't stay mad at that," Rumble said.

"Yeah, yer such a sweet guy, I'll never forget that hug," Apple Bloom said. "In an instant ah felt so nice, safe and secure, like everything would be alright. Every time Sweetie Belle talked about how soft but firm you felt, ah could always relate."

"Yeah, I remember that too, your mane had the aura of fresh apples," Rumble said.

Apple Bloom bashfully brushed her mane back, "Yer a real charmer Rumble. Sometimes ah wonder what if it were us who got together."

"We can find out, if you want to," Rumble said, blushing a bit.

"Ah suppose we can..." Apple Bloom said, gazing into Rumble's eyes. The two leaned forward, getting closer and closer.

Then Apple Bloom being the impatient filly that she is, leaned in and pulled Rumble into a deep kiss, taking the colt by surprise, but one that he welcomed as he returned the kiss with great force. Apple Bloom laid back on the bed as Rumble continued her kiss, the two wrapped up tightly together.

There was so much raw emotion between the two, as if hidden desires were suddenly erupting, the two who at one point considered each other good, reliable friends, and then had a minor falling out were escalating their friendship way past just being friends.

Outside the room, the adult ponies were on their way over, having finished discussing their plans.

"So we're all in agreement?" Flitter asked.

"Yes, I'll talk to Twilight tomorrow," Applejack said. "Then we'll get this shin-dig rolling."

"Sweet, I'll just go and grab Rumble and Cozy Glow, thank you for your time Applejack," Flitter said.

"It's no trouble at all, always happy to have friends over," Applejack said, then knocked on Apple Bloom's door. "Apple Bloom, time fer Rumble and Cozy Glow to go home."

There was no answer, much to their confusion. Applejack knocked again, awaiting her sister's response.

"Maybe they're asleep?" Flitter asked.

"Ya think so?" Applejack said, not too convinced. She slowly opened the door to her sister's room, as to not disturb her if she really did fall asleep. What she and the others found instead was not very pleasant to their eyes. "Apple Bloom!"

The two foals were startled out of their make-out position. They were so into their session they hadn't even heard the door knocking.

"H-hey there sis," Apple Bloom nervously greeted.

"Wow, you and Rumble sure made up fast," Applejack said.

"Uh...yeah, it's a make-up make-out," Apple Bloom joked. "Just to prove that we like each other again."

"Yeah, uh-huh," Applejack said. "Ah can't believe you two-"

"Uh, Applejack," Big Mac interrupted, gesturing to the sleeping Cozy Glow. "Oh, one of you really did fall asleep. Aw, she's kind of cute...wait what am ah saying, I'm suppose to be mad!"

"I'll just take Cozy Glow," Flitter said, making her way into the room.

"That's fine, but leave Rumble to me fer a minute, then I'll deal with mah sister," Applejack said.

Rumble nervously gulped, Applejack didn't seem too happy. Flitter had gotten Cozy onto her back, with Big Mac's assistance and started making her way out of the room.

"Go easy on him, I want to have a word with him as well," Flitter said.

"It won't take long," Applejack said. "Let's go Rumble, to mah room."

"Better do what she says, otherwise she'll get even more mad," Apple Bloom said.

"Yeah, I'll do that," Rumble said, solemnly leaving the bed and following Applejack to her room.

Big Macintosh felt some pity for Rumble, and some confusion too. He should be unhappy but he would rather get the whole story, so he turned to his sister. "Uh, mind telling me what happened first? Maybe ah can help you explain it to yer sister when she comes back, but you gotta be honest."

"Alright, it's like this..." Apple Bloom began.

In Applejack's room, the mare closed the door behind her and Rumble, then she looked down at the colt. "Mind explaining why you were just making out with mah sister? And how?"

"We were talking and things got...intense," Rumble said. "It just suddenly happened."

Applejack looked a bit annoyed by the vague explanation, "So you two went from not liking each other...to kissing? Ah mean, going back to being friends I'd understand, in fact that's a great thing. But making out like that?

"She just looked so pretty, and...well it's one of the first times we were alone together, sort of, and she had such pretty eyes," Rumble said.

Applejack shook her head, seems like it was a heat of the moment type thing for Rumble. She should still be mad but at the same time, she knows he's going through a lot right now. "Look, I'll let this slide, just try to keep these emotions of yers under control, it's what got you into this mess in the first place."

"I'll do my best Applejack," Rumble said.

"Good, now get going, Flitter's waiting," Applejack said.

Before Rumble left, he had one last thing to ask of Applejack, "Say, in the future, if Apple Bloom wanted to...would it be alright if I dated her?"

"Dated her?" Applejack asked. "If you want to date her that's fine, just make sure she's the only one fer you before you start getting overly affectionate. Don't want to see anymore heartbreak."

"I won't let that happen, I promise," Rumble said, making his way out of the house.

Applejack groaned in annoyance, "This is getting more complicated, ah gotta make sure these foals figure out their emotions. So glad I was never in anything like this, I have a headache just seeing it."

Rumble quickly left the farm with Flitter, the mare getting the story from Rumble as well, him telling her that it just suddenly happened.

"Funny this sounds like something I'd hear from your brother," Flitter said. "Try not to be too much like him."

"Ugh, I can't believe I'm turning into Thunerlane, I mean I admire him but I wanted to be compared to him for his flying skills, not his filly skills," Rumble said.

"It's not bad to charm fillies, just remember they have feelings too and they're not just to be made out with," Flitter said. "I mean, Apple Bloom should know better too, just make sure things don't get too carried away." Flitter saw her house in the distance. "There's my stop, can you get home just fine from here?"

"Hey if I can get come from getting lost near Starlight's old town, I think I can manage around Ponyville," Rumble said.

"Yeah, you're right, night Rumble," Flitter said, making her way inside her house.

"Night Flitter, see you tomorrow!" Rumble quickly flew home, now having more to think about.

Flitter had taken Cozy Glow up to her room, the filly still not having woken up. She gently placed Cozy Glow on her bed and put the blanket over her. "Night Cozy Glow, I love you very much." Flitter placed a kiss on Cozy Glow's head, the filly smiling in her sleep as Flitter left the room.

Rumble made his way home, though when he got there, he had seen that Dinky was waiting out front, the Unicorn filly gazing up at the stars. "Dinky?"

"Oh, there you are," Dinky said. "I came by to see you but you weren't home. So I figured I'd wait around."

"You didn't wait long did you?" Rumble asked.

"No, not really," Dinky said. Truthfully she was waiting a while but she didn't want Rumble to feel bad. "Were you with Cozy Glow?"

"Yeah, we had dinner with the Apples," Rumble said.

"Wow really? Did you and Apple Bloom make up?" Dinky asked.

"Yeah...then we made out," Rumble admitted.

"Holy wow!" Dinky said. "Another filly, really trying everypony out huh?"

"Not my intention, it just happened," Rumble said.

"Well, it's working for you, anyway I just wanted to see how you were," Dinky said. "I'm glad you and Apple Bloom are buds again. We should all try hanging out tomorrow."

"You can come with me to se Cozy Glow," Rumble said. "I don't think you two interacted that much."

"Yeah, I'd like to get to know her myself," Dinky said. "Alright, I'll see you both tomorrow."

"Yeah...oh before you go home," Rumble said, opening up his door. "Wanna 'hang out' for a few minutes?"

Dinky grinned seductively at Rumble, "Oh totally."

The two foals went inside to 'bond' like they've been doing since Rumble broke up with Sweetie Belle. He hates to admit it, but he has slightly gotten used to this idea of having some fun moments with Dinky, and she loves how much he enjoys it.

But deep down, he did miss Sweetie Belle, or at least the idea of one steady girlfriend. He did wish things were back to normal.

Twilight in her castle, also missed a certain colt. It's been a couple of days and Tender Taps hadn't been around much. The mare was just spending her time either reading a book or filing some paperwork.

"I hope Sweetie Belle is making Tender Taps happy," Twilight solemnly said, thinking again of her favorite little colt. Maybe she should try to make some time for him soon, and figure things out.

What really stuck out to her was a particular moment, when she was working on some paperwork, she found the picture of Tender Taps in her drawer. She really was fond of him to the point of keeping a picture of him around, and deep down she did hope to keep him around long enough to become a stallion she could be with.

She should not have let that go.

Back in the future in the villain headquarters Cozy Glow was seen searching through her saddle pack for some stuff when she found a picture of Flitter, the girl instantly becoming bummed out. "Flitter...I'm sorry for letting you down. I hope you know despite everything, I do love you. I hope you're safe, I told Tirek not to hurt you if he found you, same with the others."

"Still feeling attached to that mare?" Chrysalis said, making her way over. "Good to see you back, do you have what we need?"

"You mean that Alicorn Amulet?" Cozy Glow asked, pulling it out. "Yeah, I got it."

"Excellent, what about Neighsay's artifact, the one that allows instant teleportation?" Chrysalis asked.

"Got that too," Cozy Glow said. "That big dummy's probably still looking for it."

Chrysalis took both artifacts, "Good, with the amulet that gives us more magic to use against our enemies, and thanks to this pendant of Neighsay's, we can deploy our troops anywhere we need."

"Just remember the deal, I get the Alicorn powers back, and become Princess of Equestria," Cozy Glow said.

"But of course, but I must ask, have you seen Rumble lately?" Chrysalis asked.

Cozy Glow's heart raced, she placed a hoof over her belly. "Maybe a couple of times, well before any of this began."

Chrysalis began to grow a bit suspicious, she had an idea of a little secret Cozy Glow as hiding. "So, if we find him...what do you want done?"

"Bring him to me," Cozy Glow said.

"If what's what you want," Chrysalis said. "Looks like the new seeds of this world are growing sooner than I anticipated."

Cozy Glow glanced briefly at Chrysalis, then looked through her saddle pack, finding another picture, this one of Rumble. "We'll be together soon Rumble, after today, there will be no way you can turn me down."