• Published 26th Feb 2020
  • 772 Views, 26 Comments

Canterlot High School All-Stars! The Extraordinary Teen Heroes - CallMeKing



The town of Canterlot is once again dragged into a magical mishap and the Rainbooms are on the case but this time around, they found themselves some unexpected friends to help them!

  • ...
0
 26
 772

An Explosive Battle

After taking Hoops to safety and handing him to Dumb-bell and Score, Fluttershy and Wallflower Blush are seen making their way back to their friends.

"You think Sunset and the others are doing okay?'' Wallflower asked in concern.

"I hope so." Fluttershy replied, "However, I'm pretty worried since they're dealing with someone with powers unrelated to Equestrian magic.'' she admitted.

"That Blast Kane...'' Wallflower muttered, "Just what is his deal?'' she questioned.

"We all know that he's angry but I never expect for him to do something like this." Fluttershy said when they heard another explosion from the other side of the town, shaking the ground a bit, "Oh no! We better hurry!" she beckoned.

"Hey, Fluttershy! Wallflower!" a voice called.

Fluttershy and Wallflower turns around to see Flash Sentry, Brawley Beats, Ringo, Sandalwood and Derpy Hooves running towards them.

"Flash! Everyone!" Fluttershy replied.

"We heard an explosion." Flash spoke, "What the heck is going on?'' he asked in confusion.

"A guy named Blast Kane, whom has powers like us, is rampaging from the other side of the town." Wallflower replied, "Sunset and the others are dealing with him right now but I don't know if they can stop someone that dangerous.'' she stated in concern.

"Blast Kane? That retard?!" Brawley spoke in surprise, "I haven't heard of him ever since he found out that he's adopted.'' he said.

Everyone turns to him, "Wait? You know Blast Kane?'' Wallflower asked.

"And what do you mean that he's adopted?" Fluttershy followed with a concern look.

"I know Blast Kane because we're neighbors and I kinda know him since we were kids." Brawley replied, "And despite his cocky behavior and his love for pranking others, Blast is pretty okay dude and his parents loves him, and in return, he obeys his parents like a good kid will do." he stated, "However... just days ago, Blast found out that he's actually adopted.'' he revealed, "And now he is mad and stressed out, and not only because of the revelation but he also realized that his entire life is nothing but a lie." he finished.

"Oh dear... the poor boy..." Fluttershy muttered in sadness.

"But how did you know about this?'' Flash asked.

Brawley rubs the back of his head, "I kinda... overheard him talking about it to himself in their kitchen when I was taking out the trash.'' he answered with a shameful look, "I know I shouldn't have done that but curiosity got the best of me.'' he admitted.

"Well... at least we know why is he angry." Wallflower pointed out.

"But does his parents know of this?'' Flash asked.

Brawley shook his head, "No.'' he answered, "They're currently out for a business trip.'' he said, "Blast must've found this out while they're out." he stated.

"I get that he's angry and all but does he need to cause such destruction?!" Wallflower pointed out while hearing another explosion from the other side of the town.

"I don't get that either." Brawley admitted, "As rude and mischievous Blast can be, he isn't exactly a violent person and only retaliates through pranks.'' he stated, "Harmless pranks.'' he added, "Something must've happened that made him snap.'' he deducted.

"Maybe someone made fun of him which caused him to go on a rampage?'' Sandalwood guessed.

"That could be it.'' Wallflower said in agreement, "We did saw a kid named Hoops whom is beaten badly and crawling away from an angry Blast.'' she stated.

Brawley's eyes widen in shock, "Did you say Hoops?'' he asked earning a nod from the green-haired girl, "Dude! Hoops and his cronies are enemies to Blast! Those morons would often pick on him whenever they get a chance and Blast would often retaliates back at them by pranking them!" he explained, "Hoops must've made fun of Blast which caused him to go mad!" he exclaimed.

"And because of that... he is now an uncontrollable beast." Wallflower muttered.

"What are we gonna do now?'' Ringo asked.

They then heard another explosion from the other side of the town, "We better help Sunset and the others fast!'' Flash suggested, "Those explosions are getting more louder and stronger in every passing minute!" he stated.

"But what should we do? Fighting Blast might just aggravate him even further." Brawley pointed out.

Flash thought about it, "You have a point.'' he admitted.

Derpy then spoke, "How about we subdue him?'' she suggested.

Brawley turns to her, "Okay... we subdue him and then what?'' he questioned.

Derpy smiled, "I had an idea and my powers may actually be of a help." she claimed.


Meanwhile at the other side of the town, Bulk Biceps and Rainbow Dash are seen fighting Blast Kane. The rainbow-haired athlete would run around and attacking by tripping & tackling the angry teen while Bulk trades blows with him. And despite Blast's fists being accompanied by an explosion, Bulk seems to shrug it off like nothing, no scratches and no burns, Bulk's remain the same despite the numerous explosive fist he gets.

As this is going on, Sunset Shimmer, Twilight Sparkle and Rarity Belle are gathered around Applejack while Pinkie Pie is still hiding in the mailbox.

"Are you doing okay, Applejack?'' Rarity asked in concern for her best friend.

Applejack shifted on the car she's leaning on, "I'm... fine... at least I think I am...'' she admitted, "Boy... that attack is so painful that I thought I got rammed by two to four bulls.'' she described.

"But how is that possible?'' Sunset spoke, "How can his powers able him to create explosions through punching?'' she questioned.

Twilight tips her glasses, "That's what I want to know." she stated.

As Rarity checks on Applejack, she smells something from her stetson-wearing friend, "Applejack? Why do you smell like gasoline?'' she asked.

"Gasoline?'' Applejack muttered when her eyes widen, "Oh no! This car's gas must be leaking out after I smashed on it!" she exclaimed in panic.

Sunset then checks on the slightly wrecked vehicle, "Uh... there's no gas leaking out from the car." she pointed out.

"Then why does she smell like gasoline?'' Rarity asked.

Twilight's eyes widen upon these conversation, she then turns her attention to Blast whom is igniting his left fist with a green, orange and yellow glow, accompanied by a small spark, "Wait? Could it be?'' she thought in realization.

As this going on, Blast threw another punch across Bulk's jaw and created another explosion but the muscle head was unfazed and retaliated by grabbing Blast by the shoulders, gripping it tightly and with all his strength, Bulk tossed Blast aside like a ragdoll. Bulk then grabs him once more, pulls him up from the ground before tossing him aside, Bulk then charges towards him and quickly drops down a painful headbutt on Blast's head, causing him to squirm again in pain while holding his head.

"Nice, Bulk!" Rainbow complimented with a thumbs-up.

Blast quickly stood up and charges towards Bulk, once again exchanging blows to one another, Bulk then pushes Blast away before charging towards him and tried to hit his opponent with a big boot but the angry kid ducks down, Blast then charges towards him but Bulk caught him and lifts him up, Blast then counters this by pushing him back with a dropkick, sending Bulk crashing to the ground.

Rainbow then zooms toward the angry teen with the intent of tripping him once more but Blast dodges at the last minute and trips her instead which sends her crashing to the ground.

"Ouwch!!!" Rainbow yelped when suddenly Blast grabs her left ankle, "Hey! Let go!" she demanded but the angry teen ignores her before igniting his hand with a green, orange and yellow glow, followed by a small yet powerful explosion, "DIIIIIIAAAAAHHHH!!!!" the rainbow-haired girl screamed in pain.

"Rainbow Dash!!!" Sunset called out in shock.

Bulk quickly got up and tackles Blast down away from the rainbow-haired athlete, the two got up and resumes slugging each other's faces as Sunset and Twilight arrives to check on Rainbow.

"Rainbow Dash, are you okay?'' Twilight asked.

Rainbow clutches her left ankle with both hands, "No..." she groaned in pain, "That really hurt!" she exclaimed, "Of all places... why did he had to target my ankle?!" she complained.

"To slow you down I believe." Sunset replied watching Bulk grabs Blast and then tossing him aside, "I guess he can do more explosions aside from punching things.'' she stated.

"I don't think he needs to punch or touch things to cause an explosion." Twilight pointed out.

"What do you mean?'' Sunset asked.

"When Rarity mentioned that Applejack smelled like gasoline, I realized that his powers isn't about exploding things by punching but rather the ability to produce oil-like magic by igniting his fist with green-colored energy.'' Twilight explained, "Gasoline, kerosene or whatever oil that can be found from outer space, it looks like his body has the ability to produce different kinds of hazardous liquids.'' she stated.

"Is that so? Then how he can make it explode?'' Sunset questioned.

"Heat can sometimes makes gasoline explode.'' Twilight spoke, "However... I think the way he makes things explode doesn't involve body heat but more likely coming from his anger." she deducted.

"Then we had to calm him down." Sunset declared.

"Easier said that done..." Rainbow grumbled.

Meanwhile Bulk and Blast had their hands locked at each other, trying to overpower their opponent and when Bulk got the upper hand, Blast went downstairs by hitting an explosive knee-strike between Bulk's legs which made the muscle head squeal in pain as Blast pushes him aside.

Blast then made a beeline towards Sunset, Twilight and Rainbow, "Oh no! Here he comes!!" the bespectacled girl exclaimed as she and Sunset stood up, ready to take him on.

Suddenly, a blast of electricity shot towards Blast, directly on the chest which sends him crashing a few feet away from the girls as Flash hovers above on his disc.

"Sunset, Twilight! You all right?!" Flash questioned.

"Flash!!" Sunset called with a smile.

Then Fluttershy, Wallflower, Sandalwood, Ringo, Brawley and Derpy arrives. The animal lover then gasped at Rainbow, "Rainbow Dash! What happened to you?!" she questioned in concern.

"Got my left ankle exploded.'' Rainbow grumbled.

Twilight looks up at Flash, "Flash!!" she called out, "That guy's power produces some kind of oil-type magic that he uses to make things explode!" she explained, "You need to calm him down as I believe that his anger is a huge factor why he can ignite explosions like how a fire can make an oil blow things up!!!" she advised.

Flash nodded, "Got it!" he complied, "Let's go, guys!!!" he beckoned.

As Brawley and Fluttershy helped Rainbow up, Ringo steps forward and noticed Blast getting up from the ground. The shades-wearing bass player then took of his glasses, his eyes turns red and fires a red-colored laser beam towards Blast, sending the angry teen farther away from them.

Bulk slowly stood up as Flash hovers above him, "Bulk!" he called getting his attention, "Can you slam that guy hard on that wall over there?'' he asked with a finger pointing a bricked wall.

Bulk nodded, "YEEAAAHHH!!!" he complied before getting into a sprinting position, eyes lock on his target and then dashing forward. As Blast slowly got up, he got no time to react when Bulk tackles him, "OHHHYEEAAAAAHHH!!!" he hollered before dragging him forward, Blast's feet skidding across the ground before slamming the angry teen real hard on the wall, creating a large spider web-like crack from behind.

Flash then charges both of his hands with electricity and uses it to levitate two poles before bending it quickly, wrapping it around Blast.

Sandalwood then held both of his hands up as it glows green, then three large brambles shot put from the ground and quickly wraps itself around the angry teen, trapping him further.

"All right!" Sunset cheered.

"They did it..." Twilight muttered in relief.

Ringo then spoke, "Not over yet." he said while turning around, "I hope this idea of your works, Derpy.'' he said.

Derpy then walks forward, "Don't worry... it will work.'' she replied in confidence as Sunset's eyes widen in realization of what the wall-eyed girl is about to do.

"Derpy... what are you..." Twilight called out and was about to approach the blonde girl in concern but Sunset held her back.

"Don't worry, Twilight." Sunset reassured, "Derpy knows what's she doing.'' she claimed.

Derpy calmly walks towards Blast, whom is still struggling to get out from his multiple binds, the others watches them cautiously, ready to leap into action once things goes awry.

Blast snarls at her but Derpy calmly places a hand on his cheeks with smile, "It's all right, it's all right..." she calmly hushed when suddenly, a small sound of a bell was heard and some sort of calming presence is felt all over the place which slowly soothes the angry teen down, "It's all right... it's all right...'' she repeated, "I understand that your angry, I understand that your hurt...'' she spoke, "I know it's hard and sad when you find out the truth that the persons who raised you aren't you real parents and I understand that your upset that they kept this a secret from you but I do believe that they a had a reason for that. But despite that, they raised you and love you like their real son, they didn't treat you like another person, they accepted you with all their hearts, so please don't forget that because no matter what, you are a family to them.'' she finished with a motherly smile.

Everyone, aside from Derpy, were tensed at the moment until Blast finally started to calm down, breathing slowly and blinking a few times, finally getting back to his senses, much to everyone's relief.

"You okay?'' Derpy asked.

Blast took a few breaths before giving her a small smile, "I... I think I am...'' he answered.

And with that, both Sandalwood and Flash removes the poles and brambles that is wrapped around him while Bulk gently pulls him out of the wall before gently setting him down the pavement.

"W-What just happened?'' Twilight asked in confusion.

"It's Derpy's powers." Sunset answered, "She has the ability to unleash a calming force that puts people at ease.'' she explained, "It may not be suited for combat but it did a fine job helping that guy." she stated with a smile.

"If only that calming force can heal my aching ankle." Rainbow grumbled.

Bulk then placed a hand on Blast's shoulder, "You're doing good, bro?'' he asked.

Blast slowly nodded is head, "Yeah...'' he replied, "Sorry I caused you guys so much trouble.'' he apologized, "I had no idea my anger caused me to do something like this, I really should've have bottled all of my problems from the start." he admitted.

"It's okay, bro, we understand what you're going through." Bulk reassured with a smile.

Blast smiled back, "Thanks...'' he said in gratitude, "Once mom and dad gets back home, I'm going to talk to them about this and whatever their reason is, I'm going to accept it and after that, we'll just continue on with our lives.'' he said with a smile.

Derpy nodded, "That's good.'' she said.

Sunset and Twilight approaches them, "Looks like all is good here...'' the former spoke, "... but if you don't mind asking... how long have you've been using your powers?'' she inquired.

"Sorry... I wasn't aware of my powers until now." Blast confessed.

This taken Sunset and Twilight by surprise, "Huh? Could it be that there are other people out there who aren't aware of their powers?'' Twilight deducted.

"That's a possibility.'' Sunset replied in agreement.

Sandalwood's ears then perks up when he heard sirens from the distance, "Uh-oh... it's the fuzz!" he exclaimed.

"Oh dear!" Rarity gasped, "W-What should we tell them?" she asked, "I don't think the police are going to like what we've done to the place!" she pointed out while looking around at ruined street.

Pinkie then jumps out of the mailbox, "Let's boogie ourselves out of here!!!" she shouted before running off in extreme speeds.

"I agree with Pinkie." Flash spoke, "Runaway Train!!!" he shouted while hovering away with the others following suit with Bulk and Derpy carrying Blast on their shoulders, Brawley carrying Applejack behind his back and Fluttershy carrying Rainbow all by herself.

"Put me down, Fluttershy! I can still run you know!!!" Rainbow claimed.

"With that ankle of yours? Not a chance!" Fluttershy replied with a stern look.

"Wow, Fluttershy! I never knew you're this strong!" Wallflower commented.

And with the group gone from the sight, just in time for several police cars to arrive. A few police officers got off their cars and one of them is a young man.

The young man has a pale white skin tone, he has blue hair with cerulean streaks and has moderate cerulean eyes. He wears a purple long-sleeve vest over a white collared shirt with a black necktie, black slacks and a purple & white shoes. This is Shining Armor, Twilight's older brother.

Shining looks around the wreckage and noticed something on the ground, he picks it up and examines it... it was a sparkle-shaped hairpin and he immediately realized whom it belongs to. "This is Twily's...'' he muttered with narrowed eyes.

Author's Note:

:derpytongue2:And that's it for this chapter, I hope you all enjoy it.

Comments ( 8 )

REALLY good job on this latest chapter. The exchanges, characterizations, action and future chapter set-up are all well done in all the right places. I particularly liked how Twi managed to deduce the true nature of Blast's powers, the girls figured out that Hoops and his pals were the ones that set Blast off in the first place and Ringo (who obviously has the power of Scott Summers/Cyclops) and Muffins' roles in stopping Blast before anybody else got hurt. And, yeah, Fluttershy showing she is stronger than she looks carrying an injured Rainbow was pretty cute to see and Shining being shown investigating the situation himself was a really good touch.

REALLY looking forward to more of this.

KO awesome chapter, the heroes have managed to come down the explosive guy and it would seem Fluttershy is stronger than he looks though I think Twilight is gonna be in big trouble as well. :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::rainbowdetermined2::rainbowdetermined2:

"Sunset, Flash! You all right?!" Flash questioned.

Why is Flash talking to himself?

Is Shining Armor the Inspector Javert of this story?

>>Godslittleprincess

Oh my! Thank you very much for pointing that out.

Holy crap !!! Do you STILL have room on this roller coaster of excitement and awesomeness ?!

Because, i wanna RIDE THIS DAMN THING !!!!!!!!

10143220
Well, hopefully, more sympathetic than the ACTUAL Inspector Javert. Hopefully more along the lines of Commissioner Gordon.

Maybe not, but we CAN hope.

I really liked your story. I also try to write similar stories, but I'm not very good at it. And now I need to write a boring paper, which I entrusted to the service https://au.edubirdie.com/essay-writing-help-online because I don’t want to write this paper. I want to spend time developing my writing skills for creative writing and not some essays I don't care much about.

"Blast Kane? That retard?!" Brawley spoke in surprise, "I haven't heard of him ever since he found out that he's adopted.'' he said.

Did Brawley really have to call him that? I have been called that before by a customer at the place I work and it was an insult.

Login or register to comment