• Published 26th Feb 2020
  • 772 Views, 26 Comments

Canterlot High School All-Stars! The Extraordinary Teen Heroes - CallMeKing



The town of Canterlot is once again dragged into a magical mishap and the Rainbooms are on the case but this time around, they found themselves some unexpected friends to help them!

  • ...
0
 26
 772

An Explosive Problem

It's been days since everyone got their powers and it seems that they all managed to get a hang of it except for Normal Norman whom refuses to know the full extent of his powers and capabilities out of fear.

It is quite a nice day in Canterlot City as we head towards the park where we see people walking around the area. Sleeping under a tree's shade, we see Crimson Napalm using his arms and hands as a pillow and his legs crossed while his girlfriend, Scribble Dee sits next to him, reading a comic.

We then see Indigo Wreath walking his dog across a path before waving a hand towards Lyra Heartstrings and Bon Bon from a bench as both girls waves back at him.

Meanwhile, gathered in front of an ice cream truck, we see Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon having a conversation when Snips and Snails walks towards them.

"Hey, Applebloom." Snips called.

Applebloom turns to the boys, "Yes?'' she answered.

"Is it true that you had the power to turn toys into a real thing?'' Snips asked. Applebloom nodded in response, "Oh!" he yelped in surprise before quickly showing them a Thanos action figure, "Can you turn this action figure into a real thing?'' he requested with a cheeky smile.

The girls let's out shriek as Scootaloo grabs the action figure and threw it in the trash, "Snips! Are you insane?!" she questioned in disbelief, "Thanos is already a big problem in comics and movies, and you want to bring him in real life?!" she exclaimed.

Snips kept his cheeky smile as a response.

Meanwhile at the other side of the park, we see the Rainbooms and Wallflower Blush hanging out by the water fountain with Rainbow Dash lamenting her current woes at her friends.

"My life is officially over!!" Rainbow declared rather over-dramatically, "Someone posted of me, in my sports undergarment, in the MyStable!" she exclaimed, "And it's all Crimson's fault!!!" she pointed out.

Sunset Shimmer checks the image of Rainbow on her MyStable account, "It doesn't look bad, Dash.'' she spoke, "At least you're not wearing anything indecent at that time.'' she stated.

"And while I agree that Crimson shouldn't have done ripping your clothes apart but it's pretty much your fault for annoying him." Applejack pointed out, "A simple complimentary on his skills wouldn't hurt but yet ya kept telling him remarks that pretty much says that your not impressed.'' she stated.

"I agree with Applejack, darling." Rarity Belle spoke in agreement, "As much as I don't like what Crimson had done to your clothes, your remarks pushed him to do that." she explained.

Rainbow rubs her face with both hands, "Keep rubbing it in, guys... keep rubbing it in..." she grumbled in annoyance.

Wallflower then spoke, "If it makes you feel better...'' she said while checking her phone, "... the video of Crimson Napalm and Zephyr Breeze's fight is trending a lot more than your embarrassing photo.'' she pointed out while watching a video titled "Two Guys Fighting Over Rainbow Dash".

Sunset chuckled, "I watched the video and I must say I'm impressed with their 'duel'." she commented, "Though they may wanna changed the title of video because we all know that Crimson already had a girlfriend." she stated.

"I think Scribble understood the circumstances of that video." Twilight Sparkle reassured.

"I prefer that both picture and the video gets deleted." Rainbow grumbled in annoyance.

Sunset then turns to Fluttershy, "By the way... how is your brother doing?'' she asked, "I mean... you mentioned that he's been acting differently as of late.'' she pointed out.

"Not exactly different.'' Fluttershy clarified, "Zephyr is still a flirt and is still full of himself.'' she said, "However... he doesn't go overboard like he usually does with his antics and is much more polite and respectful towards women." she explained, "But the biggest change is that he can now cook!" she exclaimed.

"And how is that a problem?'' Twilight asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Because Zephyr doesn't even know how to cook before!" Fluttershy replied.

Rainbow scoffed, "Zephyr, cook? I find that unlikely." she dismissed.

Wallflower then spoke, "Believe it or not, Rainbow, Zephyr surprisingly can cook.'' she confirmed, "Just ask everyone in cooking class, Zephyr easily cooked a cuisine that you can only eat in a five-star restaurant.'' she stated, "He still got an F though for not following class procedures.'' she added.

"Huh? That's really strange." Sunset admitted.

"And are you okay with this Fluttershy?'' Rarity asked.

"I don't really mind Zephyr's change of personality." Fluttershy replied, "But to be honest, I'm still baffled of his ability to cook.'' she admitted.

"You think it's his abilities?'' Twilight guessed.

"That can't be." Sunset refuted, "Because from what I've seen so far, Zephyr gained martial arts skills by using his legs as offense." she explained.

"Or maybe he gained more than just one ability." Twilight deducted.

Pinkie Pie then let's out a loud gasped, "Or maybe when Zephyr caught by the light and got his powers, he also got the original owner's personality and talents!!!" she exclaimed with a big smile on her face.

"Now that's just ridiculous, Pinkie Pie." Rainbow debunked.

Twilight then spoke, "No, no, I think Pinkie might be right on that one.'' she pointed out, "The doctor told me before that the Enchancement Orb can take more than just one person's abilities and I believe he is talking about one's personality or talent.'' she explained, "If that were true... then the original owner of Zephyr's powers is polite, has respect towards women and can cook.'' she listed off, "Three traits that Zephyr has been demonstrating lately.'' she pointed out.

"You don't think the others also had a certain change of personality as well after getting their powers?'' Rarity questioned in concern.

Applejack shrugged her shoulders, "I don't know... both Big Mac and Applebloom are still the same as they were before.'' she stated.

"I know I'm a lot sociable these days but I don't think my powers has something to do with it." Wallflower admitted.

"Well... we can figure that out when times comes.'' Sunset stated, "Anyway... I'm kinda thirsty..." she claimed, "... who's up for some smoothies?'' she asked with a smile.

"Me! Me! Me!" Pinkie cheered while bouncing up and down.

"Yeah... I could use some smoothies, right now.'' Rainbow said in agreement.

"Why? To make you forget your problems?'' Twilight guessed with a teasing grin.

Rainbow placed both hands on her face, "Ughh..." she let's out a groan.


Meanwhile at the junkyard, we see Flash Sentry standing in the middle of an open area while Brawley Beats, Ringo and Sandalwood are seen sitting on top of a pile of wrecked cars.

"So, what's this new move that you've learned, Flash?'' Ringo asked.

Flash smiled, "Welp! You're about to witness it!" he replied before lifting one finger up. It then let's out a single continuous spark before shooting it towards the ground, Flash then began to circle his finger around as if he was drawing something on the ground, the spark circles around until a small gust twisting wind began to form which then grew bigger the faster Flash twirls his finger until the small gust turns into a full-blown mini-tornado, much to the witnesses' surprise.

"Woah..." Brawley muttered in shock.

"Dude! You can create a tornado with electricity!" Sandalwood pointed out.

"Not only that but I can also do this.'' Flash said before jumping inside the mini-tornado with his arms spread out and his hand emitting electricity which keeps him in place, "I can even move around in this.'' he mused before moving the mini-tornado around, "The Whirlwind had nothing on this.'' he boasted.

"Gnarly, dude!" Sandalwood complimented with a thumbs-up.

"The doctor did said that in order for our powers to improve, we need to use our imagination and creativity.'' Brawley pointed out, "And looks like you've been using your creativity to the fullest.'' he pointed out, "Which is odd since you were never these creative in the first place.'' he added with a grin.

"Shut up." Flash responded while canceling the mini-tornado, "I got it from reading comics.'' he admitted.

"Can you create bigger tornadoes?'' Ringo asked.

"I think I can." Flash replied, "But I think it's best not to take any chances." he pointed out with Ringo nodding in agreement.

Brawley then spoke, "You know... thinking of creative ways on using our powers got me hungry.'' he said, "How about we head towards the Sugarcube Corner and get ourselves some snacks.'' he suggested.

Flash nodded, "I'm in.'' he complied.

A minute later after saying goodbye to the security guard, the boys exits the junkyard as they made their way towards the Sugarcube Corner.

After turning into a corner, the boys came across Derpy Hooves, "Hey, Derpy.'' Flash greeted.

Depry turns to them, "Hey, guys." she greeted back, "Where are you going?'' she asked.

"We're heading towards the Sugarcube Corner to have some snack.'' Flash answered, "Wanna come?'' he offered.

Derpy nodded in response and the group of five walks together, "By the way, Derpy...'' Sandalwood spoke, "Did you know that Flash can create small tornadoes with his powers?'' he pointed out.

"Really?'' Derpy asked with a curious expression.


Meanwhile at the other side of town, we see the Rainbooms and Wallflower walking by the sidewalk, and Rainbow is still lamenting over the embarrassing image of her that was posted in the internet.

"Cheer up, Rainbow Dash." Pinkie spoke, "If you wanna feel better and then go make a feather duster!!" she suggested with a cheerful grin.

"Pinkie..." Rainbow muttered, "How is making a feather duster can make me feel better?'' she asked indecorously.

"You won't know until you try.'' Pinkie pointed out with a shrug of shoulders.

Rainbow hung her head down, "I give it up." she muttered.

"Don't worry, Rainbow Dash, I'll go ask the person who posted that image and have him delete it.'' Twilight reassured.

"That's good and all but there's one problem..." Rainbow spoke, "... THAT IMAGE IS ALREADY PLANTED ON EVERYONE'S MIND!!!" she exclaimed in annoyance.

Twilight raised her hands up, "Yeesh... you don't have to yell.'' she said.

The girls were about to walk past a gym when suddenly, the door slams open as an angry-looking teen steps out from it. The teen has a tall with a slim yet fit physique. He has a shaggy blue hair and a blue-colored dead fish eyes. He wears a gray hooded sweater underneath a black long coat, blue acid-washed jeans and red & white sneakers.

The teen's angry expression terrifies Fluttershy that she hides behind Rainbow and Applejack. The teen then walks past the girls when Bulk Biceps steps out of the gym.

"Blast! Wait!" Bulk called out with a concern look.

"I want to be alone, Bulk! Alone!" the teen replied without looking back as he continues to walk away.

Bulk watches him go with a sad look as the girls approaches him, "Bulk, what's wrong?'' Sunset asked.

"And who is that guy?'' Rainbow added while jabbing a thumb at the guy.

Bulk turns to them, "Oh... hey girls." he greeted back, "That's Blast Kane, a good friend of mine in this gym.'' he said revealing the angry teen's name.

"Is he always like that?'' Twilight asked.

Bulk scratches his head, "Actually... no.'' he answered, "Blast is usually cocky and loves to boast about himself. Kinda like Rainbow Dash, no offense.'' he stated.

Rainbow crosses her arms, "None taken.'' she muttered in annoyance.

"So, what's wrong with him?'' Rarity asked.

Bulk shook his head, "I don't know.'' he answered, "When I came in this gym, I saw him all alone at one part of the gym. I asked the others what's going but they don't even know what's wrong with him. So, I approached him and asked him what's wrong but he stood up and left." he explained with sad look.

Fluttershy then placed a hand on his back, "Don't worry, Bulk.'' she reassured, "I don't think your friend meant to get angry at you when you asked him what's wrong, he just probably doesn't realized your concern at that time.'' she explained.

"He must be having some serious problems that he is yet to cope with.'' Sunset pointed out, "I think you should leave him alone for now and let him cool off, and wait until he opens up.'' she advised.

Bulk nodded with a smile, "Okay... if you say so.'' he replied.

Meanwhile at the other side of town, we see Blast Kane walking around with hands in his pockets, his mind is currently filled with anger, disappointment, sadness and frustration.

He then came across three teenage boys blocking his path.

The first boy has a short appearance. He has a persian bluish-gray skin tone and has a short reddish brownish gray hair with it's bangs covering his eyes. He wears a white t-shirt, gray pants and black sneakers. This is Score.

The second boy has an average height. He has a dark grayish-brown skin tone, he has light amberish-gray hair that partially cover his moderate azure eyes. He wears a white t-shirt, yellow pants and black sneakers. This is Dumb-bell.

The third boy has a tall stature. He has a light gamboge skin tone, he has a grayish tangelo hair that partially cover his brilliant sea green eyes. He wears a white t-shirt, brown pants and black sneakers. This is Hoops.

Hoops looks at Blast with an evil grin, "Well look who it is, boys!" he spoke in delight, "It's our friend, Blast Lame.'' he announced in a mocking tone.

Score chuckled, "Yeah." he replied, "What should we do with him?'' he asked.

Dumb-bell then cracked his knuckles, "How about we crack his skull for that prank he did to us last week?'' he suggested with a nasty grin.

Blast snarled before walking forward and pushing them all aside, "Beat it, nimrods! I got no time for you!" he exclaimed.

Hoops then grabs his arm, "Hey! Don't you turn your back on us!" he demanded.

Blast then turns to them with a scary and hateful glare as he tightens his hands into a fist before letting out a green, yellow and orange glow.

Meanwhile back with the Rainbooms and Wallflower.

"How cupcakes?'' Pinkie cheered, "Cupcakes will make you feel better!" she said with a smile.

"Pinkie Pie... would you please drop it?!" Rainbow pleaded in annoyance.

Suddenly, they heard a loud explosion from the other side of the town, causing the ground to shake a bit, much to everyone's shock.

"W-What was that?'' Wallflower asked.

"Was that an explosion?'' Sunset guessed in confusion.

Twilight tips her glasses, "Probably some sort of gas leak that created that explosion since the ground shook really hard.'' she stated, "But where did it came from?'' she questioned.

"It came from the other side of town." Rainbow replied, "Come on!" she beckoned.

And with that, the girls made their way towards the direction where the explosion was heard. Meanwhile at the gym, we see the patrons, Bulk included, on their feet after hearing the explosion. Bulk then noticed the girls running past the gym and realized that something must be going on, he quickly grabs his personal barbell and made his way out the gym, following the girls.

Upon arriving at the other side of the town, the girls were greeted by the sight people running around in panic.

"Goodness gracious!" Rarity exclaimed in shock.

"Just what the heck is going on?'' Sunset questioned in confusion.

Rainbow then saw Dumb-bell and Score running towards their direction, she then quickly grabs Score's arm, "Hey! What's going on?!" she demanded.

"It's Blast Kane! He went berserk and it blowing things up with his weird magic thingy!" Score replied in panic, "He has Hoops and is beating the lights out of him!!" he added.

Rainbow let's him go before turning to everyone, "Looks like we've ourselves someone with a power.'' she declared with a grin.

"Are you sure about that, darling?'' Rarity questioned.

"We won't know until we see it for ourselves." Sunset spoke, "Come on!" she beckoned.

The girls ran forward and upon turning a corner, they let's out a gasp as they were greeted by the sight of a badly-beaten Hoops crawling away from an angry Blast Kane with his hands glowing green, yellow and orange.

"Oh dear..." Fluttershy muttered in shock with hands covering her mouth as she can't believed that Bulk's friend has caused this mess.

"Looks like Rainbow is right!" Sunset pointed out, "We better stop this guy before he cause anymore damage.'' she declared.

"A little late for that." Pinkie chimed in.

The girls, minus Wallflower, then activated their geodes and quickly transforms into their hero attires, they all stood together triumphantly, ready to take on the enemy.

As Blast slowly marches towards Hoops with murderous eyes, Rainbow dashed towards him and tackles him aside, giving Fluttershy and Wallflower the opportunity to help Hoops up.

"Fluttershy, Wallflower! Take that guy to safety!" Sunset commanded.

Wallflower nodded, "Okay!" she complied.

"Be careful girls." Fluttershy advised.

As the girls takes Hoops away to safety, Blast stood up and glares at the girl with a crazed look. Rainbow then stood in front of him, "Okay, Blast-dude! Let's see what you got?!" she challenged.

Blast let's out a loud cry before his left hand glows brightly, he then smashes his fist on the ground causing an explosion in a form of a large crack, zigzagging it's way towards the girls.

"Scatter!!!" Sunset shouted.

The girls then jumps out of the path of explosion, "Look out! It seems he has the power to create explosions!!!" Twilight pointed out.

"Thanks for pointing out the obvious!!!" Rainbow shouted.

Pinkie then steps forward, "Oh~ He likes making things explode?~" she mused, "And so do I!!' she exclaimed before throwing some sweets towards Blast.

The sweets rains down on Blast and causes numerous explosion but when the colorful smokes subsided, Blast is seen still standing on his feet before glaring at Pinkie.

And because of that, Pinkie found herself hiding inside a mailbox, "Pinkie! Get out of there!!" Rainbow demanded.

"Nuh-uh! He scares me!!!" Pinkie shouted from inside of the mailbox.

Rarity then created a large, diamond wall before pushing it towards Blast. The boy then pulled his glowing fist backward and when the diamond wall gotten close, he punches it so hard that it created another massive explosion, breaking the diamond wall to bits.

"Oh dear! That's so powerful!!" Rarity exclaimed in shock.

Blast was about to punch the ground again but Applejack appears from behind and caught him in a full nelson hold, "That's enough!!!" she admonished. Blast let's out a growl before shaking himself rather violently, trying to break himself free from Applejack's hold, "Woah! Woah! I feel like I'm wrangling a bull!!!" she shouted as she accidentally loosens her hold a bit, Blast took this chance and violently elbows Applejack across the left side of her head twice, causing her to let him go and Blast wasted no time igniting his fist with a green, yellow and orange glow before punching her across the chest which created a massive explosion, "DAAAAAAGHH!!!" she yelled in pain as she was sent flying towards a car, smashing on it's door and sliding down in pain.

"Applejack!!!" Rarity shouted in worry.

Blast then charges towards Applejack with the full intent of hurting her further. Rainbow was about to move to save Applejack when Bulk suddenly arrives and rams himself on Blast with a shoulder block, sending the crazed teen crashing to the sides.

"Bulk!!!" Sunset called out with a thankful smile.

Bulk then pointed a finger at Blast, "We may be buddies, Blast! But I'm not gonna let you hurt my friends!!!" he declared before lifting a barbell up high, "CAPTAIN BARBELL!!!" he shouted before his entire let's a bright golden glow and when the light subsided, Bulk is wearing something different. He now wears a golden bodysuit with a white utility belt wrapped around his waist and a large "C" and "B" logo on his chest, white gloves and white boots, and a red cape draped around his shoulders. "YEAH!!!" he shouted while holding a golden-colored barbell in his hands.

Rainbow's jaw drops at the sight of Bulk, "What the?!" she squawked, "Did Bulk just activated his powers by holding up a barbell?!" she questioned in shock.

"Just where the heck those Gorfs got these kinds of powers?!" Twilight exclaimed in disbelief.

And with that, Bulk and Blast charges towards each other before throwing each other a punch as everything blacks out.

Author's Note:

And that's it for the first part of this chapter and please look forward for the next one.