• Published 26th Feb 2020
  • 773 Views, 26 Comments

Canterlot High School All-Stars! The Extraordinary Teen Heroes - CallMeKing



The town of Canterlot is once again dragged into a magical mishap and the Rainbooms are on the case but this time around, they found themselves some unexpected friends to help them!

  • ...
0
 26
 773

Explaining Things

Later that day at the eight-floored apartment somewhere in town, we see Flash Sentry, Sunset Shimmer and Dr. Whooves at the rooftop. The place is pretty messy with boxes and various scraps scattered around the rooftop alongside three telescopes at the sides and a table counter with various chemical apparatus on top.

"Sorry if the place is kinda messy." the doctor apologized, "I haven't gotten the time clean things up.'' he stated.

Sunset crosses her arms, "What exactly do you do here anyway?'' she asked.

"I do a lot of experiments here whenever I'm not at work." Dr. Whooves answered, "I worked at the Canterlot Research Facility by the way.'' he added, "Anyway... I think it's about time I explain things to you.'' he said.

"Like you being an alien." Flash pointed out, "But aren't aliens suppose to be small with green skin, has big black eyes with a pair of antennas on their head and often say things like 'bring us to your leader'?" he stated.

The doctor chuckled, "That is quite a description you have about aliens but I assure that some aliens takes on a form of a human.'' he explained.

"But how can we be sure that you're an alien like you claim?'' Sunset asked with a raised eyebrow.

The doctor nodded before pulling out a scalpel knife from one of the drawers of the counter, he then rolls his sleeves as Flash and Sunset's eyes widen in shock of what he is about to do, "Woah! Stop!" Flash exclaimed, "We believe you! Just don't do this!" he said in concern.

The doctor shook his head, "It's all right, my boy.'' he reassured, "A little cut won't kill me... plus... this is the only way I can prove to you that I'm an alien.'' he explained before carefully slicing a part of his wrist without flinching as if he has done this several times before. Then all of a sudden a green liquid slowly crawls out of the small cut, much to Flash and Sunset's surprise.

"Is that... blood?'' Sunset pointed out.

"But why does it have green color?'' Flash asked in confusion.

The doctor then quickly patches the small cut with two band-aids, "My species' blood have green color.'' he replied, "The reason for this is that we lack hemoglobin in our system.'' he explained, "So? Do you believe that I'm an alien now?'' he asked with a grin.

"Okay... I believe in you...'' Flash spoke, "But what are you doing in this world?'' he asked.

"You see, my boy, I'm the kind of alien that loves to travel all across the galaxy in search for new knowledge and to discover something unexpected.'' the doctor started, "I aim to become the greatest doctor in the entire universe.'' he confessed with a boastful grin, "Anyway... I came to this world about six months ago to see if I can discover something new here and what caught my interests is the strange phenomenons that occurred during the past months.'' he explained while unaware of the nervous look on Sunset's face, "Strange phenomenons that involves rainbows shooting out to the sky and a large apparition of a unicorn manifesting out of nowhere.'' he pointed out.

"Are you talking about Equestrian magic?'' Flash guessed before wincing in pain when Sunset elbows him by the ribs, "Ow!" he yelped before turning to his ex, "What?'' he asked.

"Flash! You just can't blurt that out in front of someone else!!" Sunset chastised.

Flash's eyes widen in realization, "Oh right...'' he muttered, "Sorry.'' he apologized with a sheepish grin.

"Equestrian Magic?'' the doctor repeated, "Is that what it's called? But why name it after the species of horses?'' he asked in confusion.

Sunset sighed, "It's... it's a long story.'' she muttered in reply.

"I have the time." the doctor declared, "But it's all right if you don't want to tell me.'' he reassured, "I can tell from the way you elbowed your companion that you don't want anyone else in knowing about this Equestrian Magic and I can assume that it can be dangerous once used for the wrong reasons.'' he speculated.

Sunset stares at the doctor and is quite grateful that the man at least understands why she doesn't want other people getting involve about things that involves Equestrian Magic. However, Sunset feels that she can trust the man, he was very honest so far and isn't demanding like some other researchers.

Sunset sighed before smiling, "All right.'' she complied.

As Sunset explains things to the doctor, Flash looks around and took notice of a large circular-shaped plate in one box when an idea came to mind.

"And that's about everything." Sunset finished.

"Marvelous!!" the doctor exclaimed in awe, "And here I thought I'm the only person in this world that came from another world!" he mused, "But I'm still baffled at the fact that you're actually a pony in human form.'' he admitted.

Sunset chuckled, "You're not the first person who feel that way.'' she mused.

"Equestria, huh?'' the doctor muttered in awe, "Anyway... you can tell me more about that world in a later date but we had much more important things to talk about at the moment.'' he said when he notice something, "Including the power your friend possessed.'' he pointed out with a finger directed above them.

"WHOO-HOOO!!!" a voice cheered.

Sunset looks up and her eyes widen when she saw Flash flying around on a electric-powered disk, "Flash! What are you doing?!" she called out in concern.

"Testing my powers." Flash replied with a grin, "Pretty neat, huh?'' he said, "Never knew you can actually use electromagnetism to make objects you step on to fly.'' he mused.

"Get back down here!" Sunset advised in a scolding tone as Flash let's out a cheer as he continues to sky surfed around them.

The doctor chuckled, "Looks like your friends is having fun with his powers.'' he mused.

Sunset rolled her eyes, "Too much if you ask me.'' she grumbled.

After finally convincing Flash to get back down to the ground, the doctor walks towards one of the three telescopes, "As I said before... what you saw last night is not a meteorite but an object known as an Enhancement Orb.'' he claimed.

"Enhancement Orb?'' Sunset repeated with a raised eyebrow.

"An Enhancement Orb is a scientifically generated magical artifact that uses to store various abilities, ranging from magical to physical abilities, by extracting them from an individual with a unique ability.'' the doctor started, "The orb is shaped-up like an egg of a size of a boulder and can be described as a bomb that when triggered will explode and will unleash a strong colorful shock wave of light.'' he explained, "And as shown from last night, the large and powerful shock wave of light was formed when the orb exploded, scattering all over the town and the light contains with the powers fueled inside the orb, and if an individual is caught on the way of the light, the genetics insides the body of said individual will be altered and he or she will gain powers.'' he explained.

Flash and Sunset stares at him in awe, "Woah... so the light from last night is the reason why I gain powers.'' the former, "I don't know if I should be thankful or be scared.'' he admitted.

"But how do you know all of this?'' Sunset asked.

The doctor sighed, "Believe or not... I am one of the figures who created the Enhancement Orb.'' he confessed.

This shocks both Flash and Sunset, "You? You created that thing?'' Flash asked, "But why?'' he added.

The doctor took a seat, "It wasn't my intention.'' he said, "You see... aside from being a researcher, I'm also an inventor.'' he said, "I've created a lot of inventions during my travels, some proven useful and some are dud, but nonetheless, I enjoy creating things from scraps as much as I enjoy seeking for new knowledge.'' he stated, "One day... a galactic organization called the Black Agenda took notice of my inventing skills and hired me to work for them. They've tasked me and other fellow inventors to create the Enhancement Orb and after finishing creating the project is when I found out the real reason for it's creation.'' he explained.

"What is it?'' Sunset asked in concern.

"It turns out that Black Agenda is a secret evil organization led by an alien race called the Gorfs.'' the doctor revealed darkly.

"Gorfs?" Flash repeated, "Frogs?'' he guessed.

The doctor nodded, ''Indeed, the Gorfs are a frog-like alien race and are known to be dominant and violent, and their superiority complex are ridiculously high!" he explained, "They are also warmongers and often picks up fights with other alien species and often resulting into war.'' he added.

"I guess the reason why the organization tasked you to create the Enhancement Orb, so they can make their army much stronger.'' Sunset deduced.

"You are right about that but it's actually much worse!" the doctor exclaimed, "They wanted to use the Enhancement Orb to power up other people from different worlds and forces them to join their army without questions!!" he explained in utter disgust.

"What?! That's insane!!" Sunset exclaimed in disbelief.

"Now I'm regretting getting this power." Flash muttered with a blank look.

"Picking up fights with other races is one thing but dragging innocents and forcing them to partake in their senseless war is utterly despicable!!" the doctor said in anger, "That's the whole reason why I left Black Agenda.'' he said.

"So... since I got powers from that light... that means that they're after me now?" Flash deducted nervously.

"Fortunately for you, I have launched a sixteen satellites all across the world from the past few months just in case something like this happens.'' the doctor reassured, "Those satellites has a special infrared blockers that will kept the Gorfs from detecting any individuals with powers.'' he explained.

"Well that's good.'' Sunset muttered in relief.

"However, the satellites can only prevent the Gorfs from detecting you people from outside but once they managed to step foot in this world, the satellites won't be able to block their devices from detecting them.'' the doctor reminded.

"So, what are we gonna do now?'' Flash asked.

"I plan on placing some devices on transmissions towers all over the town with the same infrared blockers however it will take time for me finish it.'' the doctor explained, "However, I suggest that we find other people with powers and explain to them what it's all about.'' he suggested.

"Yeah... I'm pretty sure they're confused or even scared with their new found powers." Sunset said in agreement.

"But how are we gonna find other people with powers?'' Flash asked.

The doctor spoke, "I know how!" he claimed before bringing out a tamagotchi-shaped object, "We can find the others with this!" he presented.

Sunset's eyes narrowed, "Is that a Tamagotchi?'' she asked with an indecorous look.

"It's more than just a Tamagotchi, young lass!" the doctor mused, "This device can detect any person with abilities.'' he explained, "It's how I detected young Sentry when he used his powers at the junkyard.'' he said. Suddenly, the device let's out a beeping noise, "And looks like I'm detecting one right now.'' he said in surprise.

"Really?" Flash asked in surprise, "Where?" he questioned.

The doctor checks the device and raised an eyebrow, "The device says just right next to this apartment.'' he answered.

The three looks at each other for a minute before leaning towards the edge of the rooftop and down below, they saw Blueberry Cake walking back and forth in the sidewalks with agitated look on her face.

"Is that... Blueberry Cake?'' Sunset pointed out.

"A friend of yours?'' the doctor asked.

"She attends the same school as Flash and I but I barely talk to her.'' Sunset answered.

"Wonder what's wrong with her?'' Flash muttered in question.

Back down the streets, Blueberry decided to test her abilities out of curiosity, so she pressed the play button on the remote and immediately regretted it as some people's thoughts disgusted her.

"Oh yeah~ Look at those booties~"

"I'm ready to leave my virginity behind!"

"I look forward for that hot and steamy session you promised~"

"Hummina... hummina..."

Blueberry gritted her teeth, "Ugh!!! What the heck is wrong with these people?!" she exclaimed in her thoughts.

"Hey, Blueberry!!!" a voice called out her name.

Blueberry's eyes shot wide open before looking up to see Flash, Sunset and an older man looking down at her from the rooftop of the apartment next to her with the former two waving their hands.

Blueberry raised an eyebrow, "Flash? Sunset?'' she muttered their names in confusion.

A minute later, Blueberry is seen at the rooftop of the apartment with the doctor finishing explaining things to her.

"Let me get this straight.'' Blueberry said with a hand on her forehead, "The meteorite that exploded last night is not actually a meteorite but some sort magic-powered object fired by frog-like aliens and the light that was scattered from the explosion gave people like Flash and I some abilities, and the hot guy with you is an alien!!" she affirmed everything that was told to her while pointing a finger at the doctor.

"I'm... flattered that you called me hot, miss.'' the doctor commented with an unsure expression.

Sunset rolled her eyes, "Yeah... exactly.'' she confirmed.

"Please tell me that your joking and it's actually Equestrian magic that caused this!" Blueberry pleaded, "Because I rather deal with Equestrian Magic instead of things that is related to aliens especially FROG-LIKE ALIENS!!!" she exclaimed in panic.

"Don't worry, Blueberry.'' Flash reassured, "The doctor already launched some satellites around our world that will prevent the alien race from detecting us.'' he explained, "By the way... I can't help but think that your powers are pretty similar to Sunset.'' he commented.

"Not exactly similar.'' Blueberry corrected, "Sunset can see someone's memories by touching them right?" she pointed out, "While I, on the other hand, can do more than just that.'' she claimed.

"How so?'' Sunset asked with a raised eyebrow.

"My ability involves the human mind which includes mental control, reading other people's memories, telepathy, changing a person's personality, willpower and memory destruction, revelation and transplantation of emotions, brainwashing, and psychometry." Blueberry explained, "And I can do that by using this!" she said presenting the remote control.

Sunset looks at her in horror, "Have... have you already tested all of that?'' she asked nervously as Blueberry's abilities is dangerously similar to the Memory Stone.

Blueberry nodded, "I did out of curiosity.'' she admitted, "And don't worry... I won't do anything that is similar to the Memory Stone incident.'' she reassured, "I'm not that kind of person and I'm all aware how much of a different person you are from before.'' she said with a smile.

Sunset smiled back, "Thanks.'' she said.

"So, what are we going to do now?'' Blueberry asked.

"We're gonna use the tamagotchi-like device created by Doctor Whooves to detect the other people with powers like us.'' Flash answered, "But to be honest... we don't know where to start.'' he admitted.

"And with the size of the light wave created by the explosion, we don't know how many people out there that gained powers.'' Sunset added.

"This is quite a fickle, I must admit.'' the doctor admitted.

Blueberry began to think when an idea came to mind, "How about starting with everyone in school?'' she suggested.

This caught the other's attention, "What? Why at school?'' Sunset asked with a raised eyebrow.

"There's a possibility that half our schoolmates gained powers like Flash and I did.'' Blueberry said, "And rather than searching them for hours, we could just gather everyone in one place, ask them if he or she has powers and explain thing to them afterwards." she explained, "And with everyone being aware of Equestrian Magic, I don't think the others will mind that some of our classmates suddenly gained powers.'' she stated.

Sunset thought about it, "That's... not a bad idea." she admitted, "Okay! We'll go with that.'' she accepted, "Anyone had the contact numbers of everyone from school?'' she asked.

"We're gonna need Pinkie Pie for that.'' Flash answered.

Author's Note:

And that's it for this chapter and I hope you all enjoy it! Please look forward for the next one.