• Published 22nd Jun 2020
  • 1,891 Views, 16 Comments

Doki Doki Friendship Club. - Arial_Dreemmurr



Welcome to the Friendship Club!

  • ...
2
 16
 1,891

Day 3: Apple Jack

I looked over to Apple Jack who got off her seat, getting her bag, already ready to head out. She then looked over to me and smiled my way. My smile grew slightly too before going to walk over to her, and as I did so, I felt a blush appear across my cheeks.

"Hey AJ!"

"Howdy partner," She greeted as she smiled at me and continued. "Ya ready to head out? We've got quite some work to and about an hour to get it all done."

I nodded, as we began leaving the clubroom together. "Sure thing! And I'm pretty sure I can help in getting it done on time. It'll be a lot easier than doing things on your own."

"Ah know. Ah'm happy you're willing to do this with me." I smiled at her before letting her continue. "But we're goin' to be workin' with some wood so you might get some splinters. Not to mention some tools we're going to have to use too."

"Of course, but I'm fine with that. I'm aware of what I got myself into." We both let out a laugh and left the clubroom, entering the long halls of the school.

Clubs were always active in the last hour of school and were mostly held inside the clubroom unless for special occasions. But because of that, the halls were empty and we were able to quickly make our way through. This was a good thing since the technical room was on the first floor, so we had to take a few stairs down.

With no one or nothing much to hold us in place, we made our way there is a good time. Only a few minutes or so. We also didn't rush our way there so it was basically just your normal walk with a friend.

But it felt really great. I'm sure my slight blush from before became a bit more, especially after Apple Jack took my hand. I didn't complain, of course, but I guess it took me by surprise a bit. Still, I quickly caught up and moved a bit closer, seeing her smile grow, it was the same for me.

Once we made our way down to the technic room, we walked in, entering the room, and put our bags aside. I looked across the room that was filled with many materials and tools for us to be working with. Wood, cardboard, tape, super glue, saws, nails and were only some of those things I was able to make out at first glance.

Other than the tools and materials, there were also multiple desks for students to work on. Some were made for specific uses and others were just for general use.

"Which desk is for woodwork again?" I asked as I turned back to Apple Jack

"Just follow me." She said and quickly getting a paper from her bag before she made her way to one of the desks. I followed her and we got to one of the larger desks. There was also a small note on it with 'Woodwork' printed on it. "This should be it."

I nod, seeing the note. "Yea, so what first?"

"See here," She said as she pulled out the paper and rolled it out onto the desk. It was the paper we had worked on together for the last couple of days with a few extra notes written on it. It showed the main plan, measurements, and the materials and tools needed to make it.

"I see.." I finished glancing around the paper and looked back at her. "Sounds good to me! Just tell me what you need and I'll get it done!"

She let out a chuckle and looked back at me with a smile. "Ya sure? Ah'd expect the male would like to do the leadin' around here." I could see in her face she was joking around with me.

"Nah, I'm your partner right?" I smiled back. "By the way, you know these things way better than me. Trust me, if I was leading all of this it wouldn't look anything like this." I said pointing back down at the poster.

She smiled at me again and nodded. "Alright then. Let's get this startin' then! We need all the time we can get, partner." She said as we both blushed a little at the word "partner".

After we both agreed to it, she took the lead and moved away from the worktable, going over to the toolboxes, those were in some desks at the other side of the room, to get what we would need for the project ready.

"Can you get these back to the table?" She asked me, turning to me with one of the metal toolboxes.

I nodded. "Sure thing!" I reached out for her to give it to me and when she did I realized it was a LOT heavier than it looked. 'How did she hold like that just now?' I thought before I heard Apple Jack again.

She chuckled, seeing me struggling, trying my best not to drop it. "Ah can also give ya somethin' lighter, ya know?"

"No, you don't have to! I got this!" I announced before letting out a determined sigh and starting to make my way back to the work table. I felt my body struggling to keep balance and almost fall over at times, but I was always able to pick myself back up and keep going. Once I got back to the table, I let the heavy box drop and let out a sigh, feeling proud of myself.

I turned back to see Apple Jack letting out an amused laugh before going back to what she was doing. From what I could see, she was in the woodcutting area with the measurement paper we made last time. I watched as she carefully gets the large planks into simple, but also more complex shapes.

I was really impressed by the perfect cuts she made. Seeing her skill level, I remembered something from before when I could barely get a simple, but kind of heavy, toolbox back to the table. I was now slightly confused about why she let someone as inexperienced as me let her out with such a big event. I'm sure she could do it just as well, or maybe even better herself.

I saw she finished cutting the planks and was getting back to me, having the cut pieces in her hands. I got rid of the negative thoughts that went through my head just a second ago and smiled at her when she got back.

"Those look amazing Apple Jack! How did you get it cut so perfectly?"

She looked back at me, returning the smile. "Ah've done it before at the farm. Ah've learned the ways to do it." She looked at the toolbox I brought and chuckled. "Ah see you got your job done too."

I felt a blush spread across my cheeks and responded, trying my best to hide it. "Sure thing!" I spotted some blush appear on her face too before she turned back to the planks. "What's the plan?" I asked, seeing her take one of them.

She replied as she looked through the heavy toolbox. "Ah cut the wood the right shapes. All we gotta do now is get it all in one and make it look presentable."

"Sounds simple enough. I'm sure there's maybe some superglue in here to use." I spotted a bottle of superglue on another table and quickly went to grab it before bringing it back to the table.

As I showed it off to the cowgirl next to me, she simply looked at me with confusion for a little before she replied. "Superglue..?" She asked. "You're kiddin' right?"

"Uhm.." I mumbled, slowly putting the glue back down on the table. "What do you mean?"

She chuckled at my response and got out a box of nails. "We ain't using that." She looked down at the nails and then back at me, still grinning.

"Oh." I finally realized before nodding nervously. "O-Of course.. How stupid of me.. Sorry about that." I quickly put the glue back on the other table and got back to her.

"Nah it's fine." She smiled at me again, blushing a little, before looking back at the work in front of us. "Now, let's get to workin'." She gave me a paper with the chosen design. "Ah'm doin' left, you're doin' right. Can ya handle that?"

"Sure thing!" I smiled back at her as she got the toolbox between us, so we could both easily get the tools needed. From that point on we went our own way to create our part of the project.

I took another look at the paper she gave me and got a pencil to make a quick line at the part I had to make. I focussed on the text on it and saw a small list of what I needed.

"Hammer, nails, sandpaper, paper cups, paint, paintbrush and paper.." I thought before getting a hammer from the toolbox and a couple of nails from the nail box. I put the nails aside and got one of them to start working.

Firstly, I looked at the paper and over at the wood before I recognized two shapes and how they were supposed to be put together. I got both of them in front of me, got them together, and got my hammer before putting the first nail in the right spot.

I wasn't too much of a craftsman so I was a bit nervous at first. I didn't want to accidentally hit the wood, put the nail in the wrong place, or maybe even hurt myself.

I looked down at the nail and had my hammer hovering above it for a bit before I smashed it in, trying my best not to hurt myself in the process. I succeded and after a few lighter ticks, I had the first nail in.

I smiled proudly to myself and moved on to the next. After checking if I had it at the right place I did the same as last time and got it in just right. I was more confident in my abilities now and continued the next few at a slightly higher speed until they were all in and done.

I looked at the finished piece with satisfaction before I curiously looked over to Apple Jack. Once I did so I saw she was already painting the main colors on it, making my pride sink in a little.

She noticed me looking her way, looked up at me and then to my work before looking back at me. "That looks really nice so far. Ah'm actually quite impressed with it." My face turned slightly confused.

"You are- I mean, thanks. That's great hearing from you." Before quickly changing it and putting a smile instead. My eyes eventually shifted back to her work. "You're really fast. I'm not sure if I can keep up with that. I still need to get the paint."

She simply smiled at me. "That's fine. Ah do this more often than you. And ah don't mind that much."

"Still, If I'm going to honest here, I kind of feel bad for being such a newbie to all of this.. I just feel like more of a burden than a helpful partner to you.." I looked away, having voiced the thoughts that were going through my head this entire time.

Apple Jack's smile faded a little and showed a more soft and caring look. I felt her hand on my shoulder before I looked back at her. "Look, ah'm well aware you're the best at these things, but that isn't important. Ah've also never seen it as a bad thing. If ah'm being completely honest, it's actually a lot of fun with you around."

I stayed quiet for a bit, just staring at her, before slowly showing a smile again. "That, wow.." My smile grew bigger and a bright blush spread across my cheeks. "I actually feel a lot better now. I'm happy it isn't like what I thought."

"Of course it ain't." She said as she smiled grew and blush formed across her face the same as it did with me. "Ah'm glad that's all cleared up now. So, ready to start paintin', Sugercube?"

My face got redder hearing the nickname. "O-Of course." I stuttered a little before getting back to my work, with the blush slowly fading away from my face again.

Lucky for me the paint I needed was what Apple Jack was painting with so it was already at our table. I made a few small cups from the pieces of paper I had, a quick trick I learned from Pinkie Pie and put the paint in there.

I got a paintbrush and started doing what was on the example on paper. I wasn't an artist but in the end, I was quite impressed with the result. So proud in fact, that once it dried up, I felt it up for Apple Jack to see.

"What do you think? I think it looks pretty good!" I asked her, having a big smile across my face.

She had a smile too as she nodded in agreement. "Ah think so too. so, how about we get this back over to the clubroom?"

"Sure thing!" She got her part too and we made our way back to the clubroom. We made our way back as quickly as we left the place before and the second we entered, the room was already filled with the smell of fresh paint and wood. We saw multiple heads perk up and notice us there in the room.

Twilight was the first to notice and approach us. "You two are back!" As she greeted us, her eyes moved down to the finished projects that we were both holdings. "And wow, those look and absolutely amazing! Both of them!"

"Thanks, Twi. But ah couldn't have done it without my partner over here." She responded before smiling my way and putting her hand on my shoulder, blushing as she did so.

I felt my face get hotter too as I smiled back. "Yea, but you were in the lead remember." I joked before we both let out a chuckle.

Twilight patiently watched our dumb interaction before speaking up again. "Well, none of that matters much now because it looks absolutely amazing."

Apple Jack smiled over at her before looking back at me. "Let's get these somewhere save now, sugar cube." That nickname again. I couldn't help but smile and show some blush.

She made her way to the safe-keeping racks, a place to keep finished projects, and I was about to follow when Twilight interrupted me between steps. "You didn't mind working with together with her on this, did you? I know she had a lot more experients than you with these things."

"Nah, not at all. I actually really enjoyed the time together." I answered, still blushing.

"I see.." She looked away for a second having an expression I couldn't make out before looking back with a smile. "I'm happy you're getting along with so well with the club. I can't wait for you and me to have some time like that too."

I was about to reply when I heard Apple Jack across the room. "You comin'?"

"Yea, I'll be right there!" I showed Twilight a smile before going to Apple Jack. We put the project safely where they would stay safe for the festival. Once we did so, we heard the school bell ring and the others in the room started packing up.

Apple Jack and I walked away to the door together before we split paths. Pinkie wasted no time to grab my hand and we left the classroom, starting to walk back home together. We split up again once we got home and I already feel myself excited for the next day.

Author's Note:

Are you ready to spend another day with one of these cuties? New chapters coming soon. With or without errors~♥