• Published 28th Dec 2019
  • 972 Views, 6 Comments

Lovely Hearths Warming - Noodlezss



A short Flutrshy and Discord holiday story

  • ...
0
 6
 972

Hearts warming

Hearths Warming, a delightful time of year for the equestrians. All the ponies and creatures, spending quality time with their loved ones. This year, for Hearths Warming Eve, Discord took some time to spend with his group of pony friends. Perhaps even gaining a closer bond with new ones. But out of all of them, no matter what, only one of them will hold dear to his heart.

"I appreciate your gift, Fluttershy. I hope the one me - and rainbow dash - have given you, have brought a smile to your face. Well, I knew it would, of course." Discord grinned as he looked down at his Pegasus friend. Then looked up to the Winterchilla- or.. Winterzilla. The box with a knitted elephant teapot, thing..was teleported out from his paw, and placed elsewhere.

"Absolutely! You know, Discord, I'm glad you joined us for Hearths Warming Eve. It's nice." As she sat next to him, she wrapped her arm around him and gave his neck a small friendly nuzzle, a few quick seconds probably. Perhaps no one would have noticed, everypony was far too busy doing their own thing, talking, all that sorts.

Discord sat still as she had done so, almost holding his breath within the moment on accident. When she finally stopped giving him the friendly gesture, he let out a silent breath upon holding it in.

"Nice?" He tilted his head to the side, something like a dog would do. Something that made Fluttershy giggle a little.

"Mhm," The butter colored Pegasus nodded, smiling up at the draconequus "being with you. It's nice. I feel different when I'm around you, I feel, well, maybe more confident in myself? Oh, I don't know." She hid her face in embarrassment of her confusing choice of words.

"You should be confident, Fluttershy! You're a strong, brave Pegasus, and you're kind. You're literally the element of kindness for goodness sake!" Discord lowered his tone a bit, placing his paw on her head in a sort of patting on the head kind of way. "And hey, the element of kindness enjoys spending time with moi, lord of chaos? How chaotic."

Fluttershy kept silent for a moment, then bursting into a small fit of laughter. Discord didn't know why she was laughing, but hearing her laugh was like a beautiful chaotic symphony. Something he liked to hear. After a moment or two, her laughing faded into trying to catch her breath after such laughter.

"You really are something. I appreciate you." Discord removed his paw off Fluttershy's head. He let out a small chuckle to go along with her laughter, which had stopped by now.

"Discord, if you're not doing anything," Fluttershy nervously rubbed her hooves together "Would you maybe spend Hearths Warming with me? This year I wasn't planning on visiting my family, and they seem to be really busy...So I thought maybe you can join me? If you'd like to that is."

There was a pause, a silent pause. Discord looked around, looking confused.

"But isn't it Hearths Warming right now?" The center of his face crinkled, as he gave a puzzled look, a genuine look of no understanding.

"Oh! No no no, silly. Well, actually yes. It is Hearths Warming Eve right now. But tomorrow, it'll be just Hearths Warming. And of course, it'll just be you and me. Ooh we could have a sleep over! It'll be so much fun. We could have tea and all that other sorts of stuff-- Uh..If you don't have other plans that is, I understand if you do. I still have-"

Her words were soon cut off by a small candy cane getting popped into her mouth.

"Dear, I'm quite flattered. I'd love to. I would be more than happy to spend one of your pony holidays with you. Especially you. Who knows, perhaps I can let you in on some of the holidays I can recall from where I had come from. If I can even remember, that is..." Discord tapped his chin, looking off into the air as if trying to remember such things. Seconds go by, and he shrugs, clearly giving up on thinking back on the matter.

"Oh well, perhaps it'll come to me at some point." He gave a sheepish lazy smile, knowing all well he's not going to recall any holidays even if he did have them.

Fluttershy took the candy cane out of her mouth and smiled happily at Discord. Dropping the candy cane and jumping up at the unsuspecting Draconequus. Discord let out a small yelp as he got tackled with lots of soft hugs. After processing what just happened, he wrapped his arms around her and returned the warm hug. Probably getting stared at as they happily hugged each other, clearly happy to be spending tomorrow and the night together.

"Are you two alright?" Cadence asked, concernedly peeking over at the two.

"Yep!" Fluttershy smiled once more, digging her face into his fluff as she stayed hugging him. Discord didn't seem like he was letting go any time soon either. He was happy as well. Happy his friend enjoyed the time they spend as much as he does spending it with her. It's nice, it's nice indeed. It's nice to be liked, loved, and appreciated.

Cadence only smirked, nodding in response to Fluttershy's muffled answer. Leaving them be. In fact, the Winterzilla stared down at the two, tearing up in the eyes. It only wiped away the tear it had in it's eye and smiled with it's sharp tooth filled mouth.

"You know, I can't wait for the tea. And what will be even better, is that I'll be having tea with you." With the blink of an eye, a mini tea-set laid out beside them. Finally, Fluttershy's embrace around him began to loosen, and she let go of the draconequus, as much as she didn't want to. She still was smiling, just a much more lighter and softer tone of smile.

"You're too kind" Fluttershy gave a him small bow and head tilt to Discord as she sat down on the other side of the tea set area. Her statement caused Discord to raise a brow.

"Oh really? No no, you are. Miss element of kindness. Hm. I should know, you're my best friend..And I insist." With a wink of his eye, tea appeared in those tea cups.

They spent the rest of the night's hangout at Twilight's castle to chat and sip tea. Once it was time to leave, they all said their goodbye's to the others, and headed to Fluttershy's cottage to spend some more quality holiday time together.

Author's Note:

WOW I ACTUALLY FINISHED SOMETHING.....

Ok, hope you like this ^^ I don't know how well I am at these kind stuff, but this is kind of the first time I've technically finished anything really. I'm sorry if it's hard to read at all! But hope you guys enjoyed it <3 This can be interpreted as shipping or as just friendshipping :)

Comments ( 6 )

ISH CUTEEEEEE

Now this is a heart warming one-off! Nice job~

DAWWWWW THIS IS SOOO DANG PRECIOUS!!!!!:heart::rainbowkiss::heart::rainbowkiss: What a perfect, short but sweet little Fluttercord holiday story:heart::twilightsmile: I love this, I love this so much:heart: What a great first story and I hope you continue writing^^ I hope more people find this wonderful one shot^^

10008769
Thank you lots ^^

Login or register to comment