• Published 18th Aug 2012
  • 1,927 Views, 25 Comments

Dream Trolling - RainbowThunder99



Luna finds a way to enjoy herself during the night.

  • ...
8
 25
 1,927

Chapter 1

Princess Luna sat on the balcony, staring at her moon as it shone light over all of Equestria. She was very pleased with her work. It was a very clear, bright, night, just as she had intended it to be, however, she was becoming bored, having no books left to read. She got up and walked across the balcony and back into her bedroom.

She liked everything about her room, the dark blue color of the walls (which she had picked herself), the way it had been enchanted to have stars fly across it, how everything had been neatly arranged on shelves, but most of all, she loved how soft and comfortable her bed was.

She wanted to just lie in her bed and fall asleep, then and there, but her sister had always told her not to sleep during the night. So she walked back out onto her balcony, still bored.

Then she had an idea. She began to access her alicorn powers, going deep into the minds of other ponies, entering a dream of a certain mare, Twilight Sparkle.

The dream began to take shape, showing Twilight stargazing, one of her favorite things to do. “Hello, dear Twilight,” chimed Luna, in her regular voice. Twilight replied, “Oh, hey Princess Lu- AHHHHH!” Twilight screamed and ran as fast as her hooves could carry her. She turned a corner, and seeing Luna again, turned back around, but Luna was also there behind her.

The three Lunas cornered Twilight, then, when they were about 2 feet from Twilight, two Lunas disappeared, and the third one burst into laughter. “Thy should have seen the look on your face, dear Twilight, thank you for all the fun.”

“W-what?” Was all that Twilight managed to say, confused as she was.

“My dear Twilight, you are just dreaming,” Luna answered.

“S-so, you’re not really here? You’re just a figment of my imagination?” said Twilight.

“You are mistaken, I am really in your dream. You see, I have the ability to enter anypony’s dream, if I should choose to do so.” Luna said.

"Please, Princess, tell me more!" begged Twilight.

"Sorry, dear Twilight, but I really must be going now. I have... er... night duties." said Luna.

"Are you sure, Princess?" questioned Twilight.

"Yes, I really must be going." said Luna, now a bit frustrated.

“Oh, well, goodbye then, Princess.” Twilight said.

“Goodbye, dear Twilight Sparkle.”

And the dream faded into nothingness. Luna was back on her balcony again, but the moon now seemed brighter than before. “The old Nightmare Moon trick,” Luna said to herself. She very much enjoyed that last dream, but now it was time for a little more fun. Luna grinned evilly, ready for the fun to be doubled.

A new dream began to take shape, one of a certain cyan mare who was flying across all of Equestria very quickly. Luna, with her alicorn powers, caused Canterlot to materialize right in front of Rainbow’s unsuspecting face. Crashing into the castle and hitting the ground of a Canterlot street, Rainbow was surprised to find herself unharmed. She tried to begin flying again, but only managed to rise about 4 feet before landing flat on her face. She tried again, and again, and again, but having the same results over and over again, decided to give up.

“What am I going to do!” Rainbow cried with complete despair. “What if I can’t fly again for the rest of my life!” Then she remembered. “The Equestrian 500! Oh, I won’t be able to compete! Everypony will make fun of me for the rest of my life! I’ll be the laughing stalk of all of Equestria!”

She left Rainbow Dash’s dream, feeling that her work was done. “Oh, that was priceless!” she said to herself. “Now for some more fun!”

The third dream that she entered that night was that of a white mare, working at her own fashion store, the Carousel Boutique. The dream then changed to her showing off her dresses at a fashion show, and hoping that everypony would like her creations that she had worked very hard on. Luna, using her alicorn magic, made the ponies watching the show change their mind about Rarity’s dresses to completely despise them. As the first of Rarity’s dresses came out, the entire crowd showed signs that they didn’t like it. Rarity was awestruck.

“Keep it together,” she told herself, taking deep breaths.

Her second dress came out, and the crowd (being mind-controlled by Luna) hated the second one even more than the first. “Oh my,” Rarity gasped, then fainted.THUMP. Luna couldn’t help herself, and she began laughing so hard, that she didn’t even notice that the dream had ended.

Now she was once again back on her balcony, reclined in her favorite chair. She just sat there for a moment, enjoying herself. She was so deep in thought that when her sister came out onto her balcony, she didn’t notice until Celestia said, “Lulu, it’s not nice to enter another pony’s dreams!”

“I’ll have thy know that I have not entered anypony’s dreams!” Luna replied, trying to make a straight face. Celestia, who knew her sister almost too well, could clearly see that her sister was lying.

“Okay then,” said Celestia, leaving the balcony and going back into the castle, smirking as a plan formed in her head.

“Just one more,” Luna muttered, grinning.

She now entered the dream of a particular pink pony, who was bouncing around, making cakes appear out of thin air. Luna hid in the shadows, so as to not be seen. Using her alicorn magic, Luna gave the cakes life. The cakes now had very sharp teeth and evil red eyes.

“Silly cakes,” Pinkie scolded, “you’re not supposed to be alive until the ritual is over!”

Luna stayed in her place, confused. “I must try again,” she muttered to herself. Then, using her levitation powers, she pulled the knives out of the drawers and flung them at Pinkie (she knew that the knives couldn’t hurt Pinkie since she was dreaming), but the knives turned to cupcakes and went right into Pinkie’s mouth. After swallowing, Pinkie said, “Mmmmm... knife flavor! What a great idea Luna!”

“Huh? H-how did thy know, Pinkie Pie?” Luna inquired.

“Didn’t I tell you it isn’t nice to enter another pony’s dreams, Lunes?” said Celestia, for Pinkie had now transformed into Princess Celestia.

“AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” screamed Luna, running for her life.

-------------------------------------

The next day...

“Thank you for helping teach my sister a lesson, Pinkie Pie.” said Princess Celestia

“No problemo!” cheered Pinkie. “It was super-duper fun!”

“Pinkie, would you like to prank some more ponies, perhaps?” Celestia asked.

“Okie Dokie, Princess!” chimed Pinkie happily.

THE END

Comments ( 25 )

Please don't hate on me for not including a dream for Fluttershy or Applejack, I was just being a bit lazy.

Perhaps some other time I'll add dreams for them.:twilightsmile:

-RainbowThunder99

I loved that, i couldnot stop laughing

lol :heart: Y U SO BADASS

That story description... didn't exactly sound right. :rainbowlaugh:

Good story.

The story description could be better worded.......

Lol! I knew things would get even funnier when we got to Pinkie's dream! Ha! :rainbowlaugh:

Short but nice! Would love to see more!

Glad to hear that everypony likes it. Thanks for the kind words. :twilightsmile:

1106474
I didn't want to give much away, so I worded it vaguely.

1106292
Dude! I can't stop laughing at that meme! :rainbowlaugh:

I loved Pinkie's dream!:trollestia:

Pinkie Pie is best troll!

When you get trolled in your dreams, you get trolled for real.

This calls for a celebration!

Likes for everypony!

:yay:

*falls over, dies laughing* :D GLORIOUS. Take my thumb. And my fav. And hell, my track. XD

1107898
Awesome! Now I have 11 fingers!:rainbowlaugh:

I liked it. It was cute. The writing was solid too.

The only thing I didn't love was the dialogue.

>“You are mistaken, I am really in your dream. You see, I have the ability to >enter anypony’s dream, if I should choose to do so.” Luna said.
>“Oh, well, goodbye then, Princess.” Twilight said.

That's a little strange. I mean, it almost looks like Twilight is being rude/dismissive of Celestia. Like, Luna tells Twilight that she can enter dreams, and all Twilight says is "Uh, bye.".

Later on when Celestia confronts Luna on the balcony about entering pony's dreams, it's kinda just... awkward and abrupt. Celestia obviously has some method to know that Luna is entering dreams, and she's turned away too quickly.

Finally, I wasn't sure exactly why Luna was being so mean, and what lesson Celestia taught her... I mean, showing up in the dream is a surprise sure, but does it really teach Luna a lesson? I don't know.

As I said though, other than the dialouge, I really liked it. It was cute. :derpytongue2:

1112151
Thanks for the advice, glad you like it.
With Twilight and Luna, I didn't think about that. :rainbowlaugh: I need to fix that...
With Luna and Celestia, Celestia planned a prank on her sister right there, and left to get it ready. Luna wasn't thinking much about it, since she was so happy at the moment. I'll change that.
And lastly, Luna wasn't really being mean... Let's just call it overpranking... Celestia was teaching her sister not to meddle in dreams.
Really I just like the idea of a Luna/Celestia troll war :twilightsmile:

This can't be good... Pinkie the troll...

Hmm, just missed the 1 year anniversary for this story. I just read it again, as I had forgotten how entertaining it was. Unfortunately, I've pretty much left the fan base, but it leaves warm nostalgic memories. <3 you all!
-RainbowThunder

WHY! WHY CAN'T I FIND MORE FICS LIKE THIS :raritycry:
*Rarity Disaster Mode Engaged*

Login or register to comment