• Published 10th Nov 2019
  • 5,202 Views, 843 Comments

Equestria Girls: Love Is Magic - onekface



A new enemy threatens Sunset's new home. It craves magic and it craves all who has it. She and her friends must rise to face it. But they can't do it alone. Flash x Mane 7

  • ...
19
 843
 5,202

PreviousChapters Next
First Punch

Chapter 96: First Punch

(Twilight’s home)

Twilight stapled a smile to her face and tried her darndest not to scream.

Her home has been invaded by a creature from another world. A shape shifting insect hell bent on sucking the very magic from her neck.

Ok that might’ve been a little exaggeration but that was exactly how she felt.

It was Chrysalis herself. The Headmaster of Everton Academy. One of the greatest businesswoman of her time and an entrepreneur in academics. She’s also a major suspect in the ongoing magical investigation.

But what was she doing here? She hasn’t seen her since she stole the Portal Stone from her office during her tour. A woman like her wouldn’t make time to someone as lowly as her. Not even if her brother was one of her entourage.

She couldn’t possibly know that she was the one who broke into her office that day, could she? No… that would be impossible. Twilight was sure that she was invisible during her break in. There’s no way she’d suspect her.

Would she?

“The tea is lovely, Mrs. Twilight.” Headmistress Chrysalis said with earnest, her head leaning back to the couch. She sat right across from her, legs crossed, lips parting from the teacup with a hiss.

“Oh please. Just call me Velvet.” Mom innocently replied. “I would’ve prepared cookies if I knew this son of mine was going to be bringing in a guest.”

“Hey!”

“Hush now, Shining. It’s not every day we get to entertain someone so important.” The boy rolled his eyes in return. “Can I get you anything else Miss Principal?

“Please, just call me Chrysalis.” The darker lady chuckled. “And no. I couldn’t possibly impose. And I’m not that important.”

“Don’t be so modest. Your school has only been at the top of the board for the last decade. Why Twilight here hasn’t stopped talking about it since she was 8.”

Mom!

“Is that so?” Chrysalis’ dagger-like eyes focused to her, nose flared up. “Well I suppose geniuses attract one another. Your daughter is no less amazing herself. Which is the reason for my visit. Shining Armor spoke highly her, and her research, so I figured I’d see her for myself.”

Twilight glanced over to her brother who simply gave an innocent double thumbs up gesture.

“That idiot…”

Oi…

He may be an idiot. But that’s still my brother.

“Well, I’m sure Twilight is doubly thrilled to have you here. Isn’t that right Twilight?” Mom whispered. “Twilight? Sweetie?”

“Wha? Oh! Right. Yes. I… am.”

“Come on girl. Pull it together!” Easy for you to say. You’re not the one in the crosshair! “Hey we’re in the same boat here. Whether I like it or not, your safety is tied to mine. So get a grip!”

“Well I can assure you that I have a special slot reserved just for you, Twilight.” Her slit eyes locked onto her like she was her mark, like a dagger dangling precariously close on her head “I can’t wait for you to be part of our establishment. I’m sure you’ll achieve great things in Everton Academy under… our guidance.”

But before she could respond, a loud ding noise emanated from the kitchen, garnering Velvet’s attention.

“Oh! That must be the ham. Shining, sweetie. Mind giving me a hand?”

No! Wait! Take me instead! Don’t leave me with this… snake!

… and… they’re gone.

Great…

“So…” Chrysalis’ voice brought her back. “How was your tour of my office? My little thief?”

The color drained from Twilight’s face.

“Uh… excuse me?” She feign ignorance – or at least she tried to. Her facial expression, and the constant twitching in her eyes made it difficult to hide her shock.

“Oh don’t bother hiding.” The older lady said with such confidence that it was hard to pierce through it. “I know it was you who bumped into me that day, and stole my relic.”

“I have no idea what you’re tal…” Twilight froze up when the Headmaster pulled out her phone, replaying a video surveillance record of herself appearing out of thin air, carrying the Portal Stone in hand.

“Oh… that’s what I call… red handed.”

“If there’s one thing I take pride in my academy. It would be my security.” Chrysalis added, looking like a cat that cornered her rat. “That was a nice trick. Though a bit careless at the end there.”

Twilight swallowed her fear. It was such a rookie mistake. She should’ve been more vigilant. Her carelessness is what brought her into this mess.

“I’d say we blast her with a spell and wipe her memories!” Quiet. Violence won’t do, especially when her family was around. Besides, how was she supposed to wipe out her memories? She doesn’t have the memory stone. “Oh come on. Don’t you remember those old cartoons? Just whack her head a few times and she’ll forget this whole conversation ever happened. You can get your dad’s old walking cane.”

Don’t be ridiculous. Amnesia doesn’t occur that easily. Panicking now would only give her away. She needs to remain calm. The Headmaster was a smart and cunning person. She wouldn’t show her hand so easily without reason. That was the kind of mistake only an amateur would do. Besides… if she wanted to hurt them, she would’ve done so by now.

No. This woman. She has other plans.

If Adagio were here, she’d say that this woman wanted something.

“What do you want?” There was a glint of a smirk hiding under that cup.

“I want answers.” She began with a stern tone. Her posture straightened up, while her poise remained daunting. “Where’s… Sophie?”

Twilight blinked once… and then twice. Her head cocked to the side as she posed the question.

“Huh?”

(House by the hill)

The return to the human world was surprisingly easy in Sunset’s opinion. With the exception of a lung full of smoke, soot on her clothes and sand in her shoes, the whole rescue operation went off without a hitch. It was as if they literally just stepped into the other world and back out in a minute.

Everything felt so… simple and easy that she was still getting over it. With all the hardship she’s gone through over the last month alone, this was a blessing.

Perhaps she really was overthinking this. Perhaps it was high time the gang finally caught a break.

Upon returning through the portal, Sunset ordered Discord to destroy the portal immediately, to which the Draconequus was more than happy to do. The guy practically summoned a dozen of himself decked out in construction attire and began smashing the portal with comically large hammers. And by the time they were done, the magic from the portal dissipated, leaving nothing but a broken wreckage of a machine.

A pity. She would’ve loved to experiment on it. The magical implication and comparison to the Yaztec portals would’ve been groundbreaking. But the risk was too much. Better to let it all be destroyed than to harm her friends.

Speaking of which.

“How is he?” Sunset asked, hovering over Starlight and Fluttershy who was performing first aid to the patient. The boy sleeping soundly on the bed where Flash had been not too long ago.

Sunburst looked surprisingly younger as a human. The old goatee he had on his chin was toned down a notch. While he still had his trademark cloak, the boy looked no older than any of them. He wore a cerulean shirt, long brown oversized pants, and a pair of harness to hold them up. He kind of reminds her of Micro Chips. Perhaps his human counterpart was a student of sorts.

“He… doesn’t seem to be in any danger.” Fluttershy declared earning a sigh of relief from the two. “He has some bruising on the side and a big bump on the head. Oh… and it looks like he’s got the case of malnutrition. I’d say he hasn’t much to eat.”

No kidding. He was trapped in a deserted world for days. The fact he was able to survive at all is a miracle.

“Is there anything we can do to help?” Starlight pleaded, ready to do anything to help her friend. The poor girl was practically bedridden with worries. She just got Sunburst back, and now she feared losing him again.

“I’d say a few days rest and a good warm meal, and he’ll be right as rain.” Fluttershy gave a reassuring smile. “Though, that might be harder than I realize. He’s not badly hurt or anything.”

“So then why isn’t he waking up?” Starlight asked with worries mixed with her tone.

“I’m afraid he’s been through a lot. Maybe he’s tired, or hungry… or both. There are a lot of conditions that could cause a person to fall into a deep coma. We’ll have to wait for him to recover on his own.”

“Sleep around like a bug bear on a winter morning? That’s no fun.” Discord was the one who replied appearing from the window like it was the most natural thing to do earning a cute little ‘yelp’ from Fluttershy. “I think it would be better if we skipped the whole waiting part and get right onto the fun part.”

“And how do we do that exactly?” Sunset immediately regret asking when the conman pulled out a miniature gong from his breast pocket and a club on the other hand. And without even waiting for their protest he banged it hard, sending a loud ear shattering noise around the house. The girls plugged their ears in the process, while everything in the room shook from the blast.

She wanted to reprimand the guy for creating such a ruckus.

Bud strangely enough though. It worked.

“BWAHHH!” Sunburst shot out of bed screaming bloody murder as panic set in. “Wh… what happened?! Where am I!?”

“Sunburst!” Starlight’s face beamed as she shot towards the boy, bringing the guy into the biggest hug. “You’re ok!”

“Starlight?” The boy managed to squeeze a word out. “Is… is that you? What’s going on? Why can’t I see anything?”

“Your glasses were destroyed. Here…” She pulled out an extra pair from her pocket.

Sunburst squinted a bit, trying to make sense of the shape until his hands reached for the spectacles. A thankful smile showed itself when he understood what it was. “Thanks. I was wondering why it was so… ah…”

Ah?

Suddenly, as if shot by a dose of fear, the man screamed.

“AHHHH! Monster!”

Monster?

Like a panicking child, Sunburst shot out of bed, trampling everything and everyone in his path. He screamed and shout, deathly terrified of everything he didn’t understood, all the while fumbling to understand the uses of his new appendages.

There was a hint of familiarity in his actions. It sort of reminded Sunset of how she reacted when she first arrived in this world years ago. The panicking voice, the frightful visage, the new appendages. If the guy came through the portal in school, he probably would’ve ruined the whole courtyard with his antics. She would know…

She certainly did.

“Sunburst! Calm down! It’s ok!” Starlight tried to rein him in but ended up getting pushed back.

Sunburst immediately went on all fours and ran/crawled straight towards the door, raising his head up expecting to use his horn to turn the knob for him. Sadly that trick wasn’t going to work and he ended up just smashing against the wooden frame, breaking it off its hinges.

“Whoa! What the?”

“Look out!”

“Hey watch it!”

“Are we doing a crab dance? I love crab dance!”

“What in tarnation!” Applejack shouted from the other side, followed by the screams of the rest of the gang, which was then followed by the sound of plates and chairs breaking and shattering from the stampeding unicorn.

Yup. Definitely what she would’ve done.

It took about five minutes before they finally managed to wrangle Sunburst, quite literally in fact. Applejack, with all of her roping skills, managed to hogtie his arms and legs, and hanged him by the ceiling like a New Year turkey. Thankfully he kept the damage to a minimal, destroying only partially every furniture in the room.

She’ll have to apologize to Flash later.

“Ah… I needed that.” The former orange stallion said as he took a gulp off a glass of water that Fluttershy offered, limbs still bound. His whole body dangling over the destroyed living room. “Thanks for helping me out. And uh… sorry for the mess.”

“Have you calmed down?” Sunset asked, arms folded. A totally not-so ticked off expression marred her face

“Yeah. I think my moment of panic is over. I should’ve realized that I’ve wandered into another world. Ahehehe.” His awkward laugh felt dry to the throat. “Umm… I don’t suppose you can let me down now?”

“In a minute. I have some questions first.” Sunset approached. Squinting solely on the wizard. “How do I know you’re really Sunburst?” The man blinked at the question, not really sure how to answer. “I mean… we found you in the other world all banged up. And you do look like Sunburst. Sort of. But how can we be sure you’re really… you know… you?”

“Uh… I don’t really understand…”

“It’s just a precaution.” Starlight added with a weary smile. “The gang here have been a little pressured lately with Shadow Monsters and all kinds of nasties. We just want to make sure you’re really you and not some kind of creature from another dimension… or a changeling. Not that changelings are evil of course.” She added that last part a little too quickly. “We… just want to know that you’re the real Sunburst.”

“Oh… ok. I can do that. Umm… let’s see. Uh…” His voice trailed onward, eyes wandering.

“Sunburst?”

“Sorry. It’s kinda hard to think when all my blood is going to my head. Human physiology isn’t exactly my… field of expertise.”

“Sunburst! Focus!”

“Perhaps I could be of assistance.” Discord offered, raising a feather with a face that screamed nefarious. “I used to do this to my pet shoe. Never fails to get a confession.”

“Not helping Discord.”

Sunset rolled her eyes and decided to intervene before anyone else decides to put in their own method. “Here… let me give it a shot.” With a simple gesture of her hand, she reached for Sunburst’s dangling head and allowed her magic to roll.

Mind reading powers can be such a convenience some times.

Hmm… she’s not detecting anything malicious. His memories are a little muddled. Not surprising seeing as he just woke up. Oh wow… there’s a lot of random information here. She wasn’t aware that there were six volumes of Hoofmander’s Guide to Star Magic. The guy has a complete set!

Ok… not important.

The crystal palace. Princess Cadance and Cpt. Shining Armor. Oh… and that little explosive fluffball over there must be Flurry Heart. This must all be work related.

And there’s a bunch of memories of Starlight here too. A lot of them in fact. An unhealthy amount of them in fact. One might even think that he’s into her.

Either way, there’s no shred of doubt that he’s the real deal.

With a sigh of relief, she released the boy from her grasp.

“Ok… I’ve seen enough. He’s the real Sunburst.” Sunset gave a nod to her friends who gently released the guy from his restraint, which didn’t last long, as he was quickly grasped by Starlight, giving him the biggest warmest hug she could muster.

Everyone could see how relieved that girl was to have her friend back. Celestia knows how much she went through these last few days.

While Sunset still had plenty of questions for the orange guy, she decided to give the pair a little space.

They weren’t in a hurry.

It’s not like any of them were in any danger right now.


(Twilight’s home)


“Sophie?” Twilight confusingly asked just as the question was given. The name rang a bell in her head, and all the information she had was about as bare as bones in the desert.

Chrysalis on the other hand, looked somewhat surprised. As if she expected another kind of answer. Her eyes widened at first before turning curious and confused. But that reaction faded, as she focused on her voice once more.

“I’ll ask again.” She repeated, voice stern. And for a brief second, her eyes glowed. “Where’s Sophie?”

Sophie…?

The image of a woman crossed her mind. A beautiful lady, instilled in a silent painting above a fireplace. Her pale skin, gorgeous lock of hair, and that radiant smile all seemed familiar.

“Twilight?” Her inner voice called out right next to her. But she sounded so… far. So distant.

Something’s wrong. Her head feels… light. The room itself was… spinning.

“Get a grip girl!” Midnight smacked her, bringing her conscious back to the real world – or at least she tried to. “It’s magic. She’s trying to get into your head!”

Twilight glanced down to her geode, seeing it shake and shiver. Midnight was right. That woman was trying to put her under some kind of spell. It was strong too. Strong enough to break through her natural barrier.

She scanned the woman, suddenly noting the black gemstone dangling on her neck. It radiated with magic. Quickly she reached out to cast a spell, only to find her limbs unresponsive.

No. It was more like her whole body had lost function, leaving only her brain to process.

“I… I don’t understand.” Twilight managed to say which made the woman let out a low but frustrating grunt. She was barely conscious to realize that her mouth was moving on its own.

“Damn it!” The woman cursed. Breaking eye contact, lips biting in frustration. She took a short breath, calming herself down before she tried again. “Fine. Tell me everything you know about the Black Stone Order.”

“The Black Stone!?” Twilight’s eyes shot up. “How do you know them?”

Chrysalis cast the spell again. Her eyes glowing with energy. “I’m the one asking the questions here! Tell me everything you know about the Black Stone Order? Who are they? What are they planning?” The woman was putting more energy into her spell, making it more receptive and potent. It was a rather crude method, but effective either way.

Twilight could feel it working. So much so that she was feeling a slight headache. At this rate, she’ll get through. She had to… call her friends.

She had to shtop… shup… hwer…

“Twilight?” Midnight called. “Twilight!? Hey!”

“Tell me everything you know about the Black Stone…”

Twilight’s mind went blank. She could feel the woman worming her way through her memories like a parasite. Pilfering all of her thoughts, stealing her deepest secrets.

“What the? There’s… there’s nothing here!” She heard a mental shout echoing through her mind. “Where are the memories? Who are the Black Stone!??”

They were questions to which she had little to no answer to. Her mouth slurred as she leaned back in defeat unable to conjure a proper response.

“You… you don’t know anything do you?” Chrysalis realized with a hint of disappointment in her tone. “Then tell me. Why were you at my school? Why did you take the Portal Stone? Who sent you?”

She was powerless to resist.

“N… no one sent me.”

“Then why were you there!?”

“I… I…needed… th…”

“Where’s Sophie?”

Sophie? Who’s that? The only Sophie she knows of is…

… the lady in the portrait sitting atop the fireplace.

Flash’s…

Flash…

“Flash?” The invader tilted. “Flash Sentry? How do you know…?”

“How DARE you!?” A mighty roar echoed from deep within her subconscious. Her inner angel stormed through the connection, spreading her wings in a rare display of wrath. The sudden surge of magic caught Chrysalis off guard, sending her reeling back on the couch. “You think you can just waltz in here like some freeloader!? I already got a long term lease on this head, you ingrate, and I’m not looking for a roommate. So be a good little bug… and BUZZ OFF!!!!”

Twilight felt the angel wrestle control over her mind. It went on for a few seconds before she felt a stunning sensation, like someone punched her in the gut shaking whatever daze that loomed over her. Whatever it was that Midnight did, it severed the connection between her and the woman sending a backlash that forced her to spill her half empty cup of tea.

“Gah!” Chrysalis swore out loud, taken aback by the sudden spillage, and the burning feeling on her lap. In that moment of anger, the hypnotic link between them was cut creating some sort of backlash, sending her reeling back to the couch. “H… how? How did you? You broke my spell!”

Twilight gasped, feeling her limbs coming back to life. She quickly rose, grabbing her geode to call upon her power.

“Wait!” Chrysalis pleaded, but it came too late. She attempted to conjure another spell, Twilight smacked her with all the pillows in the room sending her down to the ground in a fluffy attack. And not wanting to waste the opportunity, she reached for the necklace and yanked it in one quick motion.

It ended about as fast as it happened. Quick, efficient and perhaps even deadly at a certain point. But regardless, she was the last one standing, and her opponent lay on the ground.

“Yeah! That’s my girl!” Midnight cheered. “Now finish her off!”

It was a tempting notion. So tempting that Twilight even considered doing it without question. This… woman… dared to invade the sanctity, which was her mind, and pilfered it of all its secrets. Only two people have ever picked through her brains and one of them was by accident. That kind of invasive act was an offense of privacy. She deserved nothing but her scorn and wrath.

But thankfully she hasn’t fallen that far just yet.

“W… wait a minute!” Chrysalis begged. Giving the girl to pause for a second. “I’m not your enemy.”

“You tried to hypnotize me!”

The woman opened her mouth to answer, but paused, knowing full well that she mucked up. “I know. But listen to me first. I only did that because I thought you were my enemy.”

“Then who are you, really? Are you working with Zecora? Neighsay!?” Twilight raised the pillows up, threatening her with the full might of cotton.

“I don’t know any of those people. Look. I’m sorry I read your mind. But it was the only way to get to the truth. I couldn’t afford to be careless. Especially against those with powerful magic… like yours.” It sounded like a desperate attempt of buying time. She could have a backup plan. “Just give me a few minutes to explain myself.”

“How can I trust that you won’t try to hypnotize me again?”

“You don’t. But if it’s any consolation, you already have my medium.” That was true. Without the gemstone, she has no way of casting any spells.

“You’re not seriously thinking of letting her up, are you?” Not really. In fact she wanted to smack her just by invading her head. But Twilight had questions. Lots of them. And it looks like she had answers.

After a short consideration, Twilight relent, giving the woman space to get back on her feet. “Alright. Start talking. But I’m watching you.” Chrysalis breathed a sigh of relief, rubbing the side of her waist achingly. “Start by telling me why you tried to hypnotize me, how did you get your hand on these artifacts, where’d you learn magic, and how do you know about the Black Stone?”

“That’s… a lot of questions to answer.”

“Well then you’d better start summarizing. Otherwise, I’m throwing you out of the house.”

“Feisty.”

Believe me lady, you haven’t seen me being feisty.

The woman responded with a chuckle. She took a short breath and took her place back at the couch before she began. “As to answer your questions in order: I didn’t try to hypnotize you. I was trying to search through your memories for the answers I seek. Those are completely different. I needed answers… answers that only the Black Stone could provide. And as for those artifacts. Well… they’re actually from a friend.”

“Right~. Because anyone can get their hands on magical items these days. I think they have a few in this cute shop downtown. I heard they’re having a sale.”

Chrysalis’ eyes sharpened, though not entirely threatening. “I didn’t take you as the sarcastic type.”

“Yeah well. When someone tries to invade your mind without one’s consent, it tends to sour your mood.”

She blinked, and nodded. “Fair enough. But in my defense, you invaded my privacy without my consent as well. Stealing my Portal Stone, and turning invisible.”

Damn… she got her there. But Twilight wasn’t gonna say that out loud.

“As for the Black Stone organization. You could say that I’m looking for them.” Looking for them? So she wasn’t working for them? Curious. “I take it you don’t work for them either.”

“Are you assuming that, or did you pried it out of my memories?”

“Both. But from what you said, I assume you know them?” Twilight gave her the silent treatment. “I was hoping to know more about what they’re planning.”

“Planning?”

“Don’t you find it strange that a secret organization would show itself here?” The woman went on. “The Black Stone have hidden themselves for hundreds of years. Never interacting with the known world in any instances. But then all of a sudden they just popped up?”

“Maybe they’re not that well hidden.”

She scoffed. “I’ve spent the last eight years searching for them throughout the world. But it’s only these last few months that they’ve surfaced. A group that’s been secretive for so long don’t just go rearing their heads out without a reason. Ever since they built that new wing in the Natural History Museum, they’ve been looking for something.”

The museum?

Twilight had almost forgotten about that place. It’s actually been the start of this whole magical conundrum. At first they thought that it was nothing more than a revenge ploy by former Principal Cinch. But then it kept growing to unexpected proportions.

“Judging by your look. I take it you know what I’m talking about.” Damn, she was sharp. Sharper than most.

“Probably.” She kept her reply simple but vague. Keeps them guessing. “Keep talking.”

“Twilight sweetie!” Mom’s voice bellowed from the kitchen. Talk about your poor timing. “Can you set up the table?”

“Sure mom. In a minute.” She turned back to Chrysalis. “Keep going. What do you think the Black Stone are after?”

“Not a clue. But I do know that they’ve been hoarding a lot of artifacts. Especially those with magic. Not to mention that Sombra’s been handing it over to them in a silver platter.”

“Sombra?” Twilight let slip. “As in Principal Sombra, of Crystal Prep?”

“The very same.” Chrysalis confirmed it, much to her confusion. “Ever since he returned, that man has been scouring the countryside of every location remotely related to the Yaztec civilization. That’s how I knew the Order was in the city.”

“Or maybe it’s because he’s an archeologist. I mean… that is his job.”

“Oh please. You don’t really think that him finding all these magical artifacts are merely a coincidence? That man has been going through dig sites and ancient temples like they were going out of style. And every time, he plunders every little relic he can get his crummy little hands on and sends them off to who knows where.”

That was… logical. So much so that Twilight couldn’t really deny it. She always thought that Sombra’s whole discovery were just mere coincidences. But hearing it out like that really puts thing into perspective.

Still… while it was a viable conclusion, it was going to take more than just the word of a crazed lady to convince her.

Twilight eyed her inner angel for a moment who merely shrugged at the idea.

“Are you saying that Sombra is a member of the organization?”

“Absolutely.” Was the woman’s confident response. “Why else would he be so interested in Yaztec culture? Why else would he be funding the new wing in the museum or hoarding these magical artifacts?” She gave a short pause. “I know it’s a lot to take in. But do understand that I’m not your enemy.”

“You tried to hypnotize me.”

“You’re never gonna let that go, are you?” The deadpanned face she made answered her question. “Fine. I apologize for that. But there’s a bigger conspiracy here. The Black Stone Order is planning something. Something big. And it’ll be coming sooner than you’d think.”

She sounds convinced of her theory. So much so that even Twilight couldn’t help but find her story believable. There were a lot of things they didn’t know about the organization. And for all they know, they could just be using one another.

She needed time to process this. Time to think.

xxxxxxxxxx

“I can’t believe you’re just letting her go like this.” Midnight groaned as she and her host watch the Headmaster drive off, with Shining Armor at the wheel. Thankfully Chrysalis managed to come up with an excuse to get her out of there without so much as a question. Either she used her hypnotic powers on her mother, or she was really convincing.

“Well… what else was I supposed to do? I couldn’t exactly keep her here.”

“You could’ve vaporized her.” She offered. “One quick zap and pow…” Yeah… no. She wasn’t at that level of evil. “Please don’t tell me you’re actually believing that mumbo jumbo she just spouted.”

Of course not. Twilight may be gullible at times but she wasn’t that naïve – or at least not anymore. But the theory that woman put out was concerning.

The Black Stone Order has been hoarding many of their magical relics as of late. And that whole spiel about studying magic to ‘Benefit all of mankind’ was far too convenient.

Still… she wasn’t gonna trust the word of a madwoman. Especially someone who tried to invade her mind like some parasite.

“You’re welcome by the way.” Midnight added, responding to the statement in her head. “You can start groveling at my feet any time and praise my greatness.”

Twilight rolled her eyes and scoffed.

There was a lot to think about.

And not a lot of time.

PreviousChapters Next