• Published 10th Nov 2019
  • 5,198 Views, 843 Comments

Equestria Girls: Love Is Magic - onekface



A new enemy threatens Sunset's new home. It craves magic and it craves all who has it. She and her friends must rise to face it. But they can't do it alone. Flash x Mane 7

  • ...
19
 843
 5,198

PreviousChapters Next
The Start of Something New

Chapter 62: The Start of Something New

(CHS)

Huaa…

Sunset let out a long winded yawn as she ruffled through her locker. It’s been a long morning and she couldn’t really catch much sleep with all the problems rolling through her brain.

Even though her house was doubly-protected by all manner of magical defenses, she can’t help but be anxious thinking that the next Shadow Beast would be just around the corner. She wouldn’t let pass Neighsay to attack her homestead – again.

And the Sirens hanging about, Princess Luna’s Royal Decree? That was just too much for one pony to handle. At this rate, she may as well be growing wrinkles before she even reach 50!

Ugh… I sincerely hope that nothing magical related will happen today. She could really use a vacation. A long vacation. Heck, she’ll take an ordinary school day over a magical adventure any day. Just nothing involving Equestria or any…

“The Great and Powerful Trixie demands an audience!”

Ugh… why do I even bother?

Sunset groaned, closing her locker to meet with the wannabe magician. “Hello Trixie. What do you want? Class starts in 20 minutes.” She recoiled when she found a pen and pad paper shoved at her. “What’s this?”

“I require signatures petitioning against the closure of the Magic Club!”

A petition?

Someone actually closed down a club? That’s never happened before. At least… not that she knew of. Normally CHS would be open to manners of clubs especially those that help stimulate students’ creativity. Principal Celestia has been a stalwart upholder to that ideal. She tolerated even the most extreme so long as it was deemed safe by her standards.

“Wait… Principal Celestia shutdown your club?”

“I know! Ridiculous, am I right?” The magician scoffed, hands waving menacingly like she had been unjustly accused of something. “Just because I was too passionate with my work, she decided to shut down my entire operation. It’s absurd I tell you. She closed down my clubhouse, she took away my fireworks and smoke bombs, and she even took away all the funding we had left from last year! And all because I caused a few accidents every now and then.”

Those ‘accidents’, as she calls them, nearly got every student in participation, suspended. Actually, she remembered one particular incident involving an endangered animal and a strip of bacon. The whole thing tore the cafeteria apart.

Thankfully Fluttershy came at the right moment and saved the day.

“Well… I can’t really blame her.” Sunset admitted, recalling the many times the Magic Club attempted to blow up the school. “That pyrotechnic stunt you tried to pull off a year ago destroyed a whole section of the auditorium, you stole potatoes from the cafeteria for your magic splash, and the last escape stunt you tried to pull underwater racked up quite the bill. Do you have any idea how expensive and dangerous it was?”

As expected, the semi-realistic-magician waved it off. “Oh please. All I wanted was a giant safe tied with titanium chains, dunked inside a giant glass pool, surrounded by hungry Piranhas wrapped up in TNT that would go off if I don’t come out in five minutes.”

Uh huh…

“Like I said: Expensive AND dangerous.” Sunset parroted. “Have you considered trying out tricks and stunts that doesn’t involve dangerous animals or high-grade explosives?”

“Ugh. Hard pass. I am the Great and Powerful Trixie! Not the Cheap and Easy-Going Trixie. If I want to draw a crowd and let them realize my amazingness, I need to pull off something difficult and AMAZING! And AMAZING stunts requires effort! None of those CGIs or special effects. I’m all about raw talent.” She paused for dramatic effect. “And I’m not the only one either. Many of our clubs have been closing left and right ever since school started yesterday. The Robots club, the Hiking club, even the Canterlot Movie Club are disbanded for… ‘Misuse’ of school funds.”

Wow… that’s a lot of purging in just one day. Either Principal Celestia was cutting off these activities for safety reasons or the school’s budget was way worse than she thought. Vice-Principal Luna has been complaining about it too even during her stay at her place.

“That is strange.”

“Anyway, who cares about them? I need at least 30 signatures from students and faculties to overrule this decision and prove that my club is not a waste of time.”

Ah… now this makes more sense. “And how many have you gotten so far?”

Trixie chuckled lowly. “Uh… 3…”

“Those three wouldn’t happen to be you and your club members, would it?”

“It still counts!” No it doesn’t. “Anyway. Are you going to sign it or not?”

Sunset pondered on that thought. While Trixie was a friend, signing this doomed petition of hers would really make her look bad in the eyes of the faculty. A lot of the teachers have been getting annoyed by Trixie and her shenanigans, especially after she tried to do a firework bonanza that destroyed much of the decorations put up for Valentines Day. It’s only because of Principal Celestia’s infinite patience that she has lasted this long at all. Honestly, the only other students who had this many damage records would be her and the Rainbooms, and that’s saying something.

But alas, the goodness inside of her made the decision for her. “Ugh… fine.” The redhead groaned, quickly adding her signature to the list. “But I’m only doing this because I’m your friend. But seriously, try something less… flammable… or explody.”

Trixie let out a cheer and snatched the pad-paper back, muttering a quick thank you before her eyes caught sight of Snips and Snails who just came out of the restroom. She immediately cornered them, ‘Persuading’ the two to sign which prompted the two to take shelter in the boy’s room.

Poor guys.

Well… thankfully it wasn’t a magical incident. So she’ll call that a win… no matter how small it may be. She just hope the others felt the same way.

Hmm? Odd. Did the ground shake just now?

xxxxxxxxxx

Ah… finally… everything was back to normal.

At least that’s what Fluttershy hoped. Rarity was right: She was really overthinking this whole thing about love and relationships.

After a good night’s sleep, and a little chat with her animal friends, she woke up the next morning feeling rested and calm. She didn’t panic, and heck, she hardly even thought of… uh… what was his name again? Something with Feathers?

Anyway, it wasn’t important. By the time she opened her locker, there wasn’t a single love letter in sight. Thank goodness for that. The next time she finds something like that sticking inside, she’ll promptly throw it away. Or better yet… she’ll feed it to one of the goats.

“Fluttershy… hey~” A rather lazy voice called to her.

“Oh! Tree Hugger. Hello. I didn’t see you there. Is there something you wanted?”

The hippy gal smiled and waved it off. “I thought I’d hang out with you before class started. Care to walk and talk for a while?”

“Not at all.” Fluttershy beamed. “Are you planning to hold another recycling rally?”

“You bet. We’re holding another one next week. But enough about me girl. Let’s talk about you.”

“Me?”

“Yeah you.” Tree Hugger parroted, smiling eagerly like a cat who was waiting for the canary to come out of its cage. “What’s going on with you? What’s the word?”

“Umm… well… nothing much. Oh! I taught Angel a new trick yesterday. And Mr. Polar Bear got one of his baby teeth removed.”

“I was talking about you, not your animal pals.” The hippy corrected. “Like… what’s new with you? Got any juicy gossip to share or some secret to spill? Eh?” She nudged her side like she knew exactly what she wanted.

“Secret? Like… Smoky Junior’s nut addiction?”

“Ugh.” Tree Hugger facepalmed. “I was thinking something more along like… a guy you’ve been dating?”

Eh? A guy? What guy? She’s not seeing anyone. At least… she hope she wasn’t.

“Me? Dating? I’m not dating anyone right now.”

But Tree Hugger didn’t seem convinced. “Oh relax Fluttershy. You know you can tell me anything. Besides, I think roughly half the school already knows that you’re secretly dating already.”

“WHAT!?” Fluttershy’s face froze. “What? Who? Who told you!?”

“Your brother did. Duh.” Zephyr Breeze!? Why would he… “Yeah. He’s been going around school telling everybody about it. I was surprised too. Who would’ve thought that the wallflower girl I knew would actually be seeing someone?”

“Can you excuse me for a minute?” Fluttershy politely asked as her eye twitched in restrained anger.

“What? Oh sure. Where…” Tree Hugger barely got the time to ask her question when her friend vanished with such speed that Rainbow Dash would be impressed.

What in the heck Zephyr!? Why in the world would you spout nonsense of your own sister? That brother of hers has made many mistakes in his life before, and caused innumerable damages to his own reputation but none of them involved her directly. He always had his little fun and crazy schemes. But this? This is crossing so many lines.

When I get my hands on you, I’m gonna make sure you regret it. Non-violently of course.

And thankfully Fluttershy didn’t have to go far. Zephyr Breeze was a lot of things, but a chameleon, he was not. He stood out from the crowd like a pimple on a clean face with that blonde hair and ridiculous outfit he wore 24/7.

“Oh hey there Flutter Butter. Came to see visit your incredibly handsome br-.”

He never got to finish his sentence when Fluttershy tackled him down with the strength of a bear, gagging her brother and tying him up like a hog. The boy screamed like the girl he never was but hardly anyone even noticed before they disappeared into the background.

The pink haired would again storm into the janitor’s office, grunting and groaning while holding her brother up like a game animal.

And once again, Leo, the janitor noticed this and remained unfazed. “Hey there Fluttershy. You’ve been coming here quite often lately.”

“Yes. Sorry, Mr. Leo… sir.” She tossed Zephyr to the couch, wiping a sweat off her brow. The guy weighed a heck of a lot more than Rarity. “I know that it’s a little inconvenient, but may I borrow your office again? I have something to discuss with my brother.”

“Not a problem.” He responded with the same calm demeanor before heading off with his toolkit. “I need to head out anyway. Some kids locked themselves in the restroom. Something about a witch trying to make them sign something. Anyway, lock up after yourself.”

“I will. Thank you again.” When the door closed, the girl let out another long winded sigh before finally turning to her hostage who looked scared witless out of his life. She forcefully removed the gag making him cough.

“Ow! Easy!” He whined. “My perfectly formed lips. You’re paying for every damage, you know.”

“Enough of your games Zephyr!” Fluttershy scolded, looking like a big time villain, facing off with her brother nose-to-nose. “Come clean with me or suffer the consequences!”

The boy squealed. “Ok ok! I admit it. Dad didn’t misplace his old watch! I swiped it from the sink when he left it in the bathroom! I sold it to a pawnshop at Midtown months ago!”

Huh… well that was pretty easy. “No! Not that you nincompoop! Why are you going around school telling people that I’m dating someone!?”

Zephyr blinked, bobbed his head and opened in mouth in realization. “Ooooh. That. Well I might’ve heard it from a little bird.”

“Don’t lie!” She warned, threatening the boy with her trademark glare. “You don’t talk to animals like I do. I know when they tattle on me. Now tell!”

“Flutter Butter, relax. You know I don’t share my sources. That’s the first rule of our business.” She pulled him closer, eyes glaring daggers. “Ok! Ok! I give! No one told me! I found out about it myself!”

“How?”

He chuckled awkwardly. “Ahehehe. You know how I normally hang out at the auditorium after school to uh… study?” By ‘Study’, he meant gambling away his allowance on games and back alley activities. It wouldn’t be the first or last time he throws away his lifesavings for a cheap thrill… or hers for that matter. “Well I just happened to be there uh… studying when I heard some commotion happening at the back. So I took a peek, and color me surprised because I saw you and Feather Bang talking it off.”

“And… how much of that did you hear?”

“Uh… just the part where you said that you were seeing someone else.”

Fluttershy wanted to scream. Scream so loud that the whole school would shake and crumble under her voice. Scream to the heavens for lightning to strike her brother down. For flipping sake! She was careless. She should’ve made sure that there would be no eavesdroppers.

“And I wasn’t alone either.” Zephyr continued, which only added to her stress. “Rover and Fido heard it all too.” Of course they did.

“Zephry! That was supposed to be a private conversation!”

“Hey! Don’t blame me for being at the right place at the right time. I’m only human. If anyone should be mad around here, it should be me.”

“Excuse me?”

“How could you be dating someone without telling me? I mean I can understand you not telling your friends, or mom and dad. But I’m your brother and siblings like us shouldn’t be keeping secrets. You should tell me everything. Especially this fellow you’re dating.” He grinned greedily before pulling his arm off the rope. “The guys at the auditorium got a big pot guessing on who’s the lucky winner.”

“Oh Zephyr.”

“Wait wait wait. Don’t tell me. Is it Royal Pin? Neon Lights? Jet Set? I got my money riding on it being someone from Crystal Prep.”

“Zephyr!”

“What? You can’t blame a guy for taking advantage of the situation. You’re the one who brought me here in the first place.”

Fluttershy cupped her face in defeat. There was no getting through to him. She may as well put the guy at sea and let nature decide his fate. “Who… else… knows about this?”

“Your secret boyfriend? Eh… well… word gets around quick around here. So… pretty much half the school.”

Oh fudge.

That… that’s not good.

She needs help. Professional help. Real professional help.

With a huff and a puff, Fluttershy bolted out the door.

“Hey! You mind untying me first!? I need to go to the restroom and…” The door slammed on his face. “I guess not.”

Fluttershy found Rarity a minute later, thankfully just by her locker, shifting through another fashion magazine.

“Rarity! Thank goodness I found you. We have a problem.”

The fashionista did not look amused. “Correction darling. ‘You’ have a problem.”

“Oh… y… you heard?”

“News about your non-existent boyfriend spreading across the school?”

“Y… yes?”

“And that you kidnapped your brother to interrogate him?”

“Yes…?”

“And now that everyone believes that you have a secret love, they’re all trying to guess who it is?”

“Yes…”

Rarity sighed, closed her locker, and turned to face the poor girl in plight. She had the look of a tired den mother on her face. “Well… let’s get this over with.”

xxxxxxxxxx

What the heck was that all about?

Twilight turned a corner wondering who was making such a ruckus so early in the morning. Class hasn’t started yet, but come on people. Have some tact. Sheesh. Some of us here are actually trying to improve our education, not cause riots in the hallway.

She paused on her locker duty for a moment when she heard her phone buzz. It was a text message from mom. Judging by the contents, it seems like her brother was in pretty hot water with Cadance at the moment. Not that she couldn’t understand why. The argument they got had pretty much reverberate throughout the neighborhood. She wasn’t there personally to see it but she could see that Cadance was beyond mad at her brother.

To her, it felt like a kind of betrayal. The two of them have worked together in Crystal Prep for years now. They’ve maintained a healthy and professional relationship without breaking a fight. Cadance most likely hoped that he would take her place as dean there once she moves up the chain.

Twilight sympathizes with Cadance and she loved her like a sister. But at the same time she understood her brother’s choice.

I mean… an opportunity to work in Everton Academy? That’s a dream come true for a lot of folks here. Well… at least in her perspective. Sure it was just a substitute teacher role, but it was still a big deal. From what Shining Armor told them, the flexible working hours and increased pay would set him up for years to come. Not to mention the school was just as close as it was to their apartment as it was to Crystal Prep. There was a good severance package added in the deal and a slew of benefits to boot. You’d also be in a super-learning environment, surrounded by professionals and experts at all times. If you find yourself stuck with a problem or a question, bam! You got an expert literally living next door to your office.

Sorry Cadance. But if she had to pick, between the two of them she’d vote for her brother any day. After all… who wouldn’t want to work at the most prestigious academy in all of Canterlot City?

Oh well. Like her mother said: It’s not her problem. This was between Shining and Cadance. And she was thankful for that. Because right now she had bigger fish to fry.

The Brain Blast Science Regional Tournament was only a week after midterms. So she had to do extra good in class so that Ms. Cheerilee will select her. The competition will be fierce and the challenges within even fiercer. The best and brightest from every school in the country will be attending. And there was no room for second or third places. There were only two winners who will earn recognition and a boatload of money.

“And speaking of money. Look who decided to show up.”

Following her inner voice’s direction, Twilight turned to the side and noted Flash by the drinking fountain chatting with his band mates. He looked… pretty good for someone who’s been embroiled in a number of dangerous encounters. Almost as good looking as he did when they went to the Tasty Treats a few weeks back.

Boy time sure flies.

It’ll be courteous to say hi at the very least.

“Hey.”

“GAH!” Twilight hugged her locker door when a familiar-yet-unpleasant face greeted her. “Oh! A… Adagio. Hi.” Right. She totally forgot that she was now locker neighbors with the Sirens. Aria and Sonata were also with her though they seemed lost in their own little world to notice. “Can I… uh… help you?”

“This competition that they talked about yesterday. How much money is first place?”

The nerd gal blinked. “Uh… what?”

“That science tournament thingie.” She corrected.

“Oh… OH! You mean the B.B. Science competition.”

“Whatever. Just how much do we stand to make if we win?”

It’s a rather strange question coming from her but she’ll humor it. “Uh… a lot?”

Adagio groaned annoyingly. “Can you be more specific? Like… are we talking Uptown Mansions or Midtown backyard pools?” That… wasn’t much of a margin either.

“Uh… a bit of both?” The money-grant was pretty huge for a teenager like her. Enough to cover the cost of her lab at least. “Why?”

“I’m thinking of joining up.”

“WHAT!?” The Siren didn’t seem all that bothered about her outburst. “You?”

“Yeah? Why?”

“But… it’s a science competition.”

She nodded. “Uh huh. Your point?”

“It’s really for the top academics of the school. I mean only two students get to be picked as representatives. It involves all fields of science. Chemistry, biology, Advance Chemistry…”

“Meh. Details. Shouldn’t be too hard.”

“And you’re not allowed to use magic.”

The siren scoffed. “Oh please. You think I need magic to beat a bunch of geeks into submission? Winning people over is easy. Winning some nerd competition is a lot easier.” There was a strange sense of confidence in her voice which was somewhat alarming for her. Did she have some secret technique to win a battle of geniuses? “Anyway. What are you up to?”

“Me? Well…” Thankfully her savior would come.

“Hey Twilight.” Flash approached, looking rather dashing as usual. Though strangely enough the expression on his face was mellow and concerning. Like he wasn’t sure on what he was doing. “And… Adagio? Hey. Wow. I heard you girls were attending school. But I didn’t believe it until now.”

“Keep your expectations down, kid.” Adagio grunted. “We’re only here because that Principal of yours promised us a free meal. I didn’t come just for you.” Her eyes rolled away from him before strutting off to class with her sisters. “See ya.”

Well that was rather rude. Even for a Siren.

Flash blinked back, looking rather surprised that Adagio would give him the cold shoulders. “Uh… ok? Bye? Anyway. Twilight. Can you spare a minute this afternoon? I need to talk to you about something.”

“Me?” Her heart suddenly skipped a beat. “Uh… sure. Absolutely! Of course. Definitely.” Real smooth. “Wh… what’s it about?”

“It’s… umm…” He muttered a curse when the school bell rang over him. “It’s private. But it’s really important. Can you meet me at the band room after lunch?”

You? Me? In a private room? Alone?

That felt a lot more enticing than it sounds

“Uh… ok.”

“Great. I’ll uh… see ya then.”

“Yeah…… definitely.”

She gave an awkward wave, smiling goofily while holding her book tighter around her chest. She can’t really say why but the thought of this little rendezvous made her feel somewhat… warm on the inside.

“Oh brother.”

Hmm?

Was it just her imagination or did the ground shake for a second there?

xxxxxxxxxx

Luna wasn’t really sure what to expect when she thought about observing these one-on-one sessions. She’d seen a few therapy sessions before but never up close. And when she recommended that she observed these sessions herself she half expected Neighsay to decline or create some half-hearted excuse. But much to her surprise (and bewilderment) that cold vampire actually agreed. She kept the strange bracelet that Twilight gave to her deep in her breast pocket, thinking that it would protect her from whatever magic this guy conjure. She swore that if he would try one little hocus pocus on any of her students he was gonna find out first hand why she got a green-belt in her self-defense lesson.

A musical knock on the door came, followed a slam that nearly knocked it off of its hinges.

“Howdy ho!” Pinkie Pie blasted through like a cannonball jumping into the center of the office with confetti flying everywhere. Strangely enough, it brought some measure of color into this bleak room. “It’s me, Pinkie Pie!”

“Ms. Pie.” Neighsay stated with a surprisingly unflinching expression, dusting off the few sprinkles that came his way. Normally anyone who meets Pinkie for the first time are often left confused and bewildered or even shocked. But this guy was harder to break than most. “Thank you for coming. Please. Have a seat.”

“Okie dokie lokie.” She giddied with a playful salute. “Uh… just for clarification: This is gonna be a regular guidance council and not some weird hoodenanie thingie, right?”

The man held his expression to a tea, not even bothering to glance in her direction when he replied. “Yes.”

“Great!” Pinkie wiped off an imaginary sweat off her brow and gladly took her seat, looking a little too eager for her taste.

“Now that we’re all here, let us begin your career aptitude test.” The man began, flipping through a few documents he had out. “I have taken a look at your forms and you… strike out as someone who has a… clear goal in mind.”

Pffft!

She does?

“I do?”

“Despite your initial impression, I find you to have a somewhat compelling future, Ms. Pie. Your academic scores are slightly above average but you seem to have a clear head on your shoulder.” Is she hearing that right? Pinkie has a clear mind? That’s rightly impossible. Pinkie’s mind is so warped and twisted that madmen would turn sane if they got a glimpse of it. She was more chaotically impulsive than any human she’s ever met.

“Aww gee. Thanks mister. My mom always did say I was an airhead.”

Neighsay cocked a brow but his frown remained. “It says in your form that you desire to be a party planner or own a cake shop.” Luna nodded in agreement. The girl did have some mad cooking skills. Her cupcakes alone were to die for. “Considering your options and the many personal experience you have working under various establishments, I find your career choice to be within logical sense. There is little I can add to what you already have.”

“Well I have been learning some of Mrs. Cake recipes, and I got a whole bunch of other chefs hanging around. Not to mention I really REALLY love cake!”

“I see.” The old vampire scoffed, putting the documents away. “But… to ensure that you have all your grounds covered, we’ll undergo a series of questions. Can you do that?”

“No problemo!” She shouted, making a stance on the chair. “Hit me.”

Luna couldn’t help but stifle a laugh. Leave it up to Pinkie Pie to make light of a situation.

xxxxxxxxxx

It was the same scenario. Rarity could feel it lingering in the air. The script and actors may have changed but the dilemma was all the same. It was a romantic comedy skit. A cheap one, probably written by a child with no actual knowledge of love or laughter. And once more she was starring as the same side character probably using the same lines as before.

She should’ve known something like this would’ve happened. With the strange relationship romance she had been seeing lately, this should come as no surprise anymore.

But here she was. Sitting by a table in a corner with Fluttershy on the other end groaning into her hands like a child who had just gone through a horrific incident.

The rumors of Fluttershy’s supposed ‘Secret’ love had spread throughout the school like wildfire. She heard it the moment she stepped into the hallway this morning. You’d think people who experience magic on a monthly basis would have something better to do. But sadly teenagers like them are starved of anything juicy. They crave conspiracy, rumors and the wild tall tales. And unfortunately she was one of them.

And things did not get any better at lunch. The rumors that Zephyr Breeze and his shady friends spread mutated into a gambling ring, with people putting a suggestion on who it might be. And the suggestions that came out of it became even more ridiculous with each passing moment.

First they all thought that it was the student body, then they began to think that it was one of her animals, and lastly some even dare to think that it even a teacher. Oh such a thing would be scandalous.

Rarity turned an eye over Big Mac who ate peacefully in his corner with his own friends. If anything, people should be more attracted to his love life.

“Oh… this is a disaster.” Fluttershy cowered, sipping her juice box only to find it dried up. She tossed it and hastily grabbed another one from the table.

“Fluttershy, darling. Control yourself. That’s your fifth carton already.”

“I know!” She squeaked. “I’m stress drinking. I can’t help it. Ever since this morning, people have been asking me about my secret love life.”

She knows. She was there.

All of Fluttershy’s friends and closest acquaintances have been getting super-nosy of late. Probably because there’s a big pot of money to be had in it as well. While Rarity can’t really condone gambling, she had to admit that the whole thing was rather enticing to say the least.

And… this was of course Fluttershy. The most well-known wallflower in CHS. While the girl might not really notice, she was kind of a celebrity in school. For her to have a special-someone was bound to attract the attention of people.

But there was no secret love life. Heck, there was no secret love to begin with. It was a spur of the moment excuse to get Feather Bangs off her back. But thanks to Zephyr Breeze and his friends, the whole thing exploded to epic proportions.

“What do I do Rarity?”

Me? Why are you asking me? You’re the one who dug this grave. The last thing I want to do is to be a part of another romantic comedy disaster scenario. And she’s already signed a contract with three of them – and believe me, none of them are going the way she hoped. Rainbow Dash has her problem, and Pinkie and Applejack are about to collide head on.

“I’m sorry darling. But I’m afraid there’s nothing we can do.”

“What!?”

“This is a grand scale rumor. The whole school is talking about it. Not to mention there are many witnesses. Trying to fight something like this will only cause an uproar.”

“But… the stares! People are looking at us…… at me!”

“That’s the price of fame… or infamy, depending on how you look at it.” She was just glad to be garnering some attention. “My advice to you right now is – to let this whole thing run its course.” Fluttershy gasped. “Hear me out. Right now you’re at the dead center of a rumor hurricane. You’re the king of the crop, the host with the most. But eventually this whole thing will eventually die down, like all gossips. I’d give it two… maybe three… weeks at the very least before the students here move on to something more interesting.”

“Three weeks!?” Fluttershy shuddered at the thought, blanketing her face with her hair. “I don’t think I can last three minutes!” Just thinking about people watching her every move, approaching her, asking her about her non-existent relationship, talking and whispering behind her back? It’s her worst nightmare come true.

“Now now Fluttershy.” Rarity cooed. “No need to be afraid. Just do what I do. Embrace the attention. Soak up the gaze, bathe in their curiosity and admiration, and let them drink at your everlasting grace and beauty.” She struck a pose while blowing kisses at her ‘fans’. “It won’t last forever. So you may as well enjoy it.”

“I think we can both agree that you and I enjoy completely different things.” Fluttershy snuck a glance between her bangs only to make eye contact with a couple of her friends in the next table who immediately began whispering to one another. No doubt to add more fuel to the rumors.

And like a chronic disease, the whispers began to grow louder and wilder. She could hear them, teasing, mocking her from a distance. Their eyes casually wandered towards her, their giggles and grins becoming like monsters.

“I have to get out of here!”

Rarity jolted from her sudden outburst. “Fluttershy? What in the wooooohooaa!?” The girl bolted off tipping the table and splashing mustard over Rarity’s shirt. “Eeeep! My silk blazer!”

xxxxxxxxxx

Fluttershy ran. She needed a safe place. A safe space! Anywhere other than here.

The rest room? No. It’s lunch time. That place is pretty much packed like sardines.

The animal shelter at the back? No. That’s where this whole rumor started.

Home? No.

The woods nearby? No.

Sunset’s place? No. Too far. And school is still in session.

ARGHHHH!

Oh wait. Of course! The janitor’s office.

“Phew.” She reached the place rather easily. “Excuse me Mr. Leo. But…”

“And I said to him: Sorry! But we have a store policy of: No take backsies.” But alas, her supposed safe haven was currently occupied by her brother (who was still tied up) who seemed to be having a lighthearted conversation with the said janitor.

“Oh! Fluttershy. Please come in.” Leo wiped a tear from his eye, laughing hysterically. “Zephyr here was just telling me this very interesting tale of his.”

“It ain’t fictional. It’s all true to the word.” Her brother winked. “And if you think that’s funny. You should hear about the time I sold a guy a fake Pekingese.” He giggled. “It was a cat.”

“Ha! Can’t wait to hear it.” Leo chuckled, offering the tied up student a cup of coffee.

Dang it Zephyr.

Fluttershy closed the door a moment later, letting the two laugh it out.

Ugh… where else can she go?

Oh! There is still one place.

Yes! Empty! Void of life just as she expected. The band room was the last place anyone would visit at lunch. Finally. A safe haven for the afternoon. Just a few minutes of peaceful blissful silence.

Or so she thought.

“Fluttershy?”

Author's Note:

Poor Fluttershy. :fluttershbad:

PreviousChapters Next