• Published 10th Nov 2019
  • 5,076 Views, 831 Comments

Equestria Girls: Love Is Magic - onekface



A new enemy threatens Sunset's new home. It craves magic and it craves all who has it. She and her friends must rise to face it. But they can't do it alone. Flash x Mane 7

  • ...
19
 831
 5,076

PreviousChapters Next
It's only the First Day (Part 2)

Author's Note:

Sorry for being a little late. The wifi at my place broke down. We're suffering a slightly-massive storm which cuts our power every few hours. Completely forgot about updating.

Stay well folks.

Chapter 61: It’s Only the First Day! (Part 2)

(Ezaquatel)

“YAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!”

Trixie screamed and ran. She ran as far as her hour hooves could take her. She didn’t know where she was going and she rightly didn’t care. Because anywhere was pretty much better than just standing around waiting for that monster to come get her.

The darn golem steamrolled behind her, stomping its mighty and tearing down anything and everything that stood in its way. She wasn’t sure why it was after her, but she was sure that it wasn’t about to introduce her to some brand-name cleaning supplies.

And it wasn’t alone either.

By the time she bolted away from the stoned creature, the other statues that riddled the area came to life. They all awoke from their idled position, creaking and cracking and running like someone just rang the darn dinner bell. And sadly… it would seem like she was the appetizer.

Thankfully all those years of running away from monsters and angry mobs has given the blue unicorn a little leeway in survival. She was technically used to being chased and even more so from a crowd.

But normally the usual crowd would often give up after the first hour or chase. These guys on the other hand did not seem to have the fatigue of normal creatures.

“Eeeep!” Trixie whimpered when she ran right into another statue, this time a hydra. And just like the others, it sprung to life, hissing loudly. “Take this!” She fired a magic bolt from her horn only for it to bounce off harmlessly from its marbled body. “Ah… ahehehe. You wouldn’t hurt little old me now… would you?”

It reared its fangs out hungrily making the pony bolt out of there.

She tried everything, from her smoke bombs, to tearing down walls. But these monsters don’t seem to know the meaning of obstacle as they just batter down anything that came their way.

Is this it? Is this how the story of the Great and Powerful Trixie ends? To be trampled by living statues and crushed to a pulp like a grape in another world no less?

She was hoping for something more dramatic, like taking down an evil organization, or at the very least: Death by performing an amazing feat of magic! Anything was better than this!

Has her luck truly run out?

The answer to that question would come in the form of a trap floorboard that opened up and swallowed her whole.

For a moment there she thought it was over. She was gonna be monster food. A sweet meat for these creatures to feast upon, a chew toy to play with.

“Trixie?”

“Please don’t eat me!” She begged, shivering madly, hooves over her eyes. “I taste terrible, I swear! You wouldn’t like pony meat, honest. We’re very sour and lean! I’m practically skin and bones!”

“Trixie!” The voice called out again, tapping a gentle hoof over her. “Relax. It’s me.”

Eh?

Fearing and curious at the same time, she took a peek with one eye and yelped.

“S… Sunburst?”

“The one and only.” He confirmed it with a soft smile, recoiling when the blue pony jumped at him pulling him to a worrisome hug. “But what are you doing here? I thought you were still back in Equestria.”

“I came here to save you!” She shouted only to be hushed by the other unicorn.

“Shhh. Not too loud. They’ll hear you.” They both paused, listening to the vibration above. “They’re very sensitive to sound so…”

“Fine.” She mumbled after making sure that the stony guardians weren’t around. “Oh and you dropped this.”

“My cape!” Sunburst grabbed it and hastily hoist it over his body. “Thank goodness. I thought I lost it forever.”

“No need to thank me. It was my pleasure. Though… I guess we found out what Starswirl was fighting around here. You’d think someone as wise as him would’ve at least mentioned that there were dangerous rock monsters guarding on the other side.”

“I don’t think Starswirl even knew of these things either. He’s probably just as surprised as we are.”

“And how in the world would you know that?”

“I’ve been following his trace.” The blue unicorn gave him a puzzled look. “It’s how I found this underground passageway. You see… I discovered that magical creatures leave behind a magic residue that serves like a hoofprint. Whenever we cast a spell or simply use our horns, we leave traces of our presence. I was able to develop a spell to bring it out.” And with a use of his horn, the orange pony cast a spell lighting their little tunnel and revealing Starswirl’s image in all his glory.

“Whoa…”

“And I figured a unicorn as powerful as Starswirl would leave heavy traces of his magic behind.”

“Alright. I’ll admit. That is rather impressive. You don’t need to gloat about it.” Trixie scoffed. “But why can’t I hear him?”

He chuckled. “Eheh… my spell only captures images, not sounds. It’s a working spell in progress. But with this, I can literally follow where he went.”

“I suppose that’s one way to follow a pony.” She sighed though she didn’t seem too disappointed. “Very well. As long as he doesn’t lead us to any more of those monsters or death traps, I’ll be fine with following. Speaking of which… you wouldn’t still happen to have my pie, would you? All that running made me hungry.”

(Human World) (Sweet Shoppe)

Rarity felt like she was experiencing déjà vu.

While the actors change, the script, the scene and the characters remain the same. And she was cursed to play the role of the unwilling recipient.

She watched as the poor girl on the other side of the table sighed heavily for like the umphteenth time, face flat on her plate, hands sprawled over in defeat over her ice cream glasses, and with her hair so frazzled that even she would have a difficult time untangling everything. Not that she could blame her. The girl dug her own grave, going off-script with her own gut.

“Here’s your 7th order of your triple-scoop sundae.” Mr. Cake stated, placing the order on the table hesitantly, only to see the messed up gal grab it off his tray and inhale it down like they were bite sized sandwich.

“Another one.” The frazzled gal requested as politely and menacingly as humanly possible before returning to her dormancy. Mr. Cake gave Rarity a worried look but brushed it off as she passed him his payment for the order.

“Fluttershy, darling.” Rarity tried to ease her friend’s embarrassment. “I know that what happened wasn’t exactly what you hoped for. But are you trying to drink your troubles away?”

“I’m trying out Pinkie’s brain freeze technique.” The girl’s voice was muffled from the table. “She said that if you eat enough ice cream, your brain will freeze over your most recent memories.”

“And… is it working?”

“No…” She sulked. “But I think I might be getting a tummy ache. Ugh… I still can’t believe I actually said that.”

Neither can she. Though granted, the result far surpassed what Rarity expected. She did let Feather Bang down. A little on the rough side but it seems to get the point across. Fluttershy even claimed that they were dating in secret so it should deter the boy from asking her out again. Poor fellow. Broken hearted before he even had a chance. Sucks to be him.

“Well for what it’s worth: I think you did… slightly above average.” She bit her teeth saying that. “Sure, it was harsh. But all’s fair in love and war. You told him off and no one’s the wiser.”

“But do you think I was a little too harsh?”

Yes.

“Of course not. He asked you out and you declined. It was a perfect response. While I can’t appreciate a lie. I’m still counting that as a win.” God knows she needs it.

“But what if I hurt him?”

“Time will heal all wounds, dear. I’m sure this Feather Bang fellow will get over it soon enough. He’s a mature man, and can take a hit.”

“You really think so?”

“Trust me darling. I’m a professional when it comes to these things. And if he doesn’t, well… I’ll take charge and talk some sense into him. Now stop slouching. You’re ruining your perfectly combed hair.”

Fluttershy got back up, a calm smile on her face. “Thanks Rarity. I don’t know what I’d do without you. I just don’t think I’m ready to be in a relationship just yet.”

“I completely understand.” She waved it off. “I just wish the others would see it that way.”

“And… I hope you don’t mind keeping this whole thing a secret?”

“My lips are sealed.” Rarity made a zipping gesture on her mouth just as another order of ice cream came along. It was another secret to be placed in her vault. “I just wish we had more of this happening. With all this magical conundrum happening around us, it’s a pleasant change to be normal teenagers for once. Painting our nails, trying out clothes, talking about cute boys and our love life. You know? Normal things.” The last time she last had such a juicy talk was with Applejack and Pinkie Pie. And we all know how well those went. Now she was stuck observing a love triangle that was doomed to explode sooner or later.

But little did she know. The love life she was so infatuated with was about to take a turn for the worse in the weeks to come.

(Twilight’s house)

“You actually called a truce?” Twilight whispered to her phone as she pranced around her room late that evening. Sunset had just given her the details of the arrangement she made with Neighsay which would technically put a stop to all the attacks the Rainbooms have been dealing with. Though granted she was a little skeptical on the whole thing. “Alone?”

“Yeah. I know.” Sunset admitted that it sounded a bit too good to be true. “But I had to. With all that we’re dealing with, I figured we’d at least give the benefit of the doubt.”

“Do you really trust him?”

“Trust him? No. But the last thing I want is another shadow monster incident. Besides, we don’t exactly have a lot to lose. And even if is plotting something, we’ll at least see it coming.”

“I’m not doubting your decision.” Twilight shrugged, pulling out the dog treats from her cabinet and pouring it over Spike’s bowl. “But I wished you’d discuss it with us first before you make a deal. You know we’re all in this together, right?”

“I know.” The girl on the other line sighed. “I just wanted things wrapped up quickly. I’ve got plenty of trouble back in Equestria as it is. And now with the Sirens hanging around school, we’ll be even busier than usual. Speaking of which… how’d it go with Adagio? Did she give you any trouble?”

“Eh… not really. She was pretty quiet the whole time.” Twilight tilted her head upward, recalling the glare she got from the puffy haired songstress. “Though she did look at me strangely though. I feel like she has some kind of grudge against me. You know, that look you give when someone wronged you that one time and you never quite forgave them?”

“Don’t I know it.” Sunset chuckled on that notion. “Well your other you from my world kinda thwarted her plan for world domination. So… I’m pretty sure she holds it against you. I’ll explain it to her when I see her tomorrow.”

Ah… that made sense. She did hear from some of her friends that Princess Twilight actually came and summoned some kind of mystical creature to battle the Sirens during the height of their power. The folks around here were hazy on the details though.

“What about Aria and Sonata? How’d they do?”

“Surprisingly well actually. Sonata made a friend in history class today. She kind of reminds me of Pinkie sometimes so I think she’ll fit in well. As for Aria… well… she’ll need a little work. But so far they aren’t making any trouble. If this keeps up, we might not even have to do anything at all. Though I just wished we had a better lead with this secret society.”

“Well. If you actually spent more time doing research with me, we might’ve had a breakthrough.”

“I know. I’m sorry. Things have been… hectic lately. I’ll uh… make it up to you. How does tomorrow night sound?”

Twilight looked at her notes and thought. “Great. I have some things I want you to look over. It’ll be nice to get a second professional opinion for a change.”

“Excuse me!?”

“I’ll grab the snacks. So it’ll be just us and Vice-Principal Luna. See ya then.”

“Twilight honey.” Her mother’s voice echoed from downstairs just as she hung up. “Cadance and Shining Armor are leaving now. Come and say goodbye.”

Oh right. Cadance and her brother were going back to their apartment in midtown near Crystal Prep. They only came by for the holidays and will be returning to their ordinary routines as Dean and…… whatever it was Shining Armor does in that place.

“Thanks again for the stay, Ms. Velvet.” She heard Cadance say from the entrance. “Shining Armor and I had a wonderful time.”

“Oh it was a pleasure, dear.” Twilight Velvet responded brushing it off with a hearty laugh. “I only wished you could’ve stayed longer. You know we love having you two around the house.”

“We love to. But with school starting up, we really have need to get back to our place. Besides… I think all your cooking is making Shining here gain a few waistline.”

“Hey! I heard that!” The laughed at his expense. “You know full well I can lose this tummy in the gym in no time.”

“Well just know that you two are always welcome back here whenever you wish. The house gets really quiet with only Twilight.”

“Hey!” The said girl countered but decided to let it go. She then proceeded to do the usual lady bug dance with Cadance as a final farewell.

“Are you two ever gonna let that go?” Shining whined earning a look from the two girls. “I mean come on. Don’t you think you’ve outgrown that little dance?”

The Dean scoffed. “That’s coming from someone who still wears that cheap plastic toy crown.”

“Oh Twilight…”

“Hey! The Sibling Supreme Crown is not a toy. It’s a symbol of our rivalry. And the one who owns it gets complete bragging rights. And it’s also so I can get Twilly here go Twilly-nanas over jealousy.”

“Jealous!?” Twilight retorted. “Pffft! Who’s jealous? Just because you had it for way longer than you should have and I never got a chance to win it back.” She coughed. “I still think you cheated on that last competition.”

“Well you would’ve had your chance if you stuck around home during the Winter Holidays rather than hanging with your friends.” Shining grinned cheesily. “I even had a game carefully crafted for the occasion. But… alas. I guess the crown shall remain mine until Spring Break. That would make me… Sibling Supreme… four times in a row.”

Oh no you didn’t.

“Shining.” Cadance cooed to her boyfriend. “Don’t agitate your sister now. This is supposed to be a heartfelt goodbye.”

“Sure sure. Absolutely.” He nodded cuddling her back. “But what’s the point of having the crown if I can’t flaunt it in her face?” Twilight’s face soured just a bit. “Well… as much as I ‘Love’ teasing her. We should probably head back. We got a load of paperwork to deal with as well as ushering in the new students.”

“Don’t forget your complimentary snacks.” Night Light added bringing over a basket of goodies from the kitchen. “Did I miss anything?”

“No Mr. Night Light.” Cadance shook her head, accepting the goodies. “Shining and I just need a little talk about humility.”

“Oh!” The man’s eyes widened. “I see. Guess you told her about that job offer, eh?”

…!

… what?

“DAD!” Shining Armor’s face went pale.

“What job offer?” Cadance looked confused. And honestly she wasn’t the only one. Twilight and her mother didn’t seem aware until they noted Night Light’s face going ‘oopsie’

“Oh…… uh…”

“Shining.” Cadance turned to the boy in question, eyes furrowing. “What is he talking about?”

Shining groaned out loud muttering a curse under his breath while giving dad the stink-eye. Night Light simply whistled it away, sweating madly despite the cold. “It’s… nothing.”

“Shining…” She shrugged him off, facing him directly with a glare. “What’s going on?”

He let out a defeated sigh. There was no keeping secrets in this relationship. “I… got a call from Headmaster Chrysalis a few months ago. There was an opening for a new substitute teacher in one of their departments in Everton Academy and I… may have applied for it.”

“WHAT!?” Cadance was a person who rarely raised her voice. But when she does, it resonates and leaves quite an impact to the world around her. “You’re going to Everton!?”

“As a substitute teacher.” He repeated, waving his hands up in defense. “It’s great and the Headmaster there said that they have flexible working hours. Not to mention the pay is a lot more than what Crystal Prep has to offer.”

“And you didn’t tell me!?”

“Well… I was going to tell you when we got back.” The boy glared his old man who refused to make eye-contact. “And honestly I didn’t think I would even get the job. It was kind of… spontaneous.”

Uh oh… this looks like the beginning of a domestic dispute.

“I know! Isn’t this thrilling? Finally, some fresh entertainment.” Her alter ego crunch through some imaginary popcorn.

“This is just…” Cadance looked furious. She wore an expression that would make grown men cry. And Shining Armor was of no exception. But the Dean quickly remembered where she was and who they were with and quickly pushed her anger down. “We… are going to talk about this back home.”

She strutted to the car, turning her back on him.

Yup. She was definitely mad.

Poor Shining.

(Luxury Apartment)

Neighsay took a sip off his mug as he stepped into his luxurious apartment that night. While the Board of Education can only provide him with a meager sum for his stay in Canterlot, the Organization he served with certainly knew how to splurge.

He wasn’t really complaining. To be transferred so suddenly to such a backwater place like Canterlot City was deplorable. But with the extra amenities provided, it made his stay quite tolerable at least.

Placed at the very edge of Uptown, the apartment had a wonderful view of the city itself. It almost looked like he was standing on one of those super-fancy high-rise hotels back in Manehattan or Las Pegasus. A man can get used to such luxury.

He would’ve enjoyed the view further had he not noticed the gleaming noise coming from his bracelet. The old man let out a sigh. And with a wave of his hands, the curtains closed in and the lights dimmed as if controlled by magic.

He turned over to the center of his temporary home and waited for the darkness to engulf him.

A whirling vortex appeared not long after, revealing a shrouded face on the other side.

“Master.” He greeted the figure with a slight bow.

“Report.”

“I have made contact with the children.” He said with fervor. “As I expected: They are a rather unorganized group. Two of them appear to be leaders while the rest are tag-alongs or friends with little benefits. However: The magic emanating from them is immense. They have great control over it and a range of uses. I can see how Hoity was defeated. The man never stood a chance against them.”

“And the artifact?”

“They possess the Travel Stone and many other relics as well. Combine all those together, and they make quite the powerful force. I am more than certain that they will make excellent addition to our organization.”

“You truly believe that they can be brought in?”

“I do.” Neighsay answered without hesitation. “Right now they’re on guard. Not surprising after their frequent hostile encounters with our agents. They will need swaying and a few… incentives to appease them. But they’re open to new ideas and thus can be persuaded to join our cause.”

“And you’re sure that they are worth your time?”

“I do.” His face remained unfazed. “It took us years and some of the brightest minds in our organization to discover how Travel Stones work yet these girls managed to figure it out in just a few days, if not weeks. And if that’s not a big enough reason, they defeated two of our agents in a battle of wits and magic. Their way of thinking is different to ours which makes them a viable resource. Bringing them to the fold will undoubtedly enhance our abilities.”

The figure didn’t respond, instead eyed the corners of the shadow as if deep in thought. No doubt their recent defeats have made her wary of such blatant actions.

“Very well. You have my permission to do as you wish. But the Travel Stone is still a priority. Recover it at all cost.”

He bowed again, this time deeply. “As you wish, Master.”

PreviousChapters Next