• Published 10th Nov 2019
  • 5,171 Views, 843 Comments

Equestria Girls: Love Is Magic - onekface



A new enemy threatens Sunset's new home. It craves magic and it craves all who has it. She and her friends must rise to face it. But they can't do it alone. Flash x Mane 7

  • ...
19
 843
 5,171

PreviousChapters Next
Future of the Band

Chapter 18: Future of the Band

(Wednesday) (Flash’s house)

Flash let out a yawn as he exited his room dressed in his usual attire preparing for another day of school. He seemed to be in a better mood after the fight at the parking lot. Other than the itch he feels from his new found scar, he was feeling pretty keen. Something good was about to happen today, he can feel it.

“Master Flash.” Edmund spoke up intercepting him by the stairs. “Your bag, sir.”

He graciously accepted it. “Thanks Edmund. Anything I should know for today?”

“A few things sir.” The butler stated following the boy down the hall. “You’ll be happy to know that the parts for your personal vehicle has just arrived last night.”

The boy beamed. “That’s awesome!”

“Yes. The mechanics are making the final touches and it should be placed in the garage by tomorrow. I told them to leave the painting to you, sir.”

Flash grinned. He knew that today was going to be a good day. “You know me best, Edmund. And… you wouldn’t happen to know about my guitar, would you?” The older gentleman answered pulling his guitar out from his back and handing it over with care.

“Freshly scrubbed, polished and tuned to your specifications, sir.”

The boy grabbed it, swung the wicked looking instrument over his body and strummed a few notes to get the feeling back. His guitar purred like a kitten in his arms. It felt great to have his favorite toy back to where it belonged.

“Sweet! I can’t believe I’ve gone so long without my baby. You’re the best Edmund.”

“Always a pleasure sir.” He bowed lowly. “Shall I pack your lunch?”

“No need. I’m good with this.” Flash smiled and played another tune grinning happily like a child only to pull a stop when he bumped onto another. “Doh! Oh! Dad?”

“Son.” Sombra replied as documents clumsily spilled from his hand. “Oh dear.”

“Sorry. Let me get that.” The boy offered kneeling to scoop up the papers. “I thought you’d already left.”

He laughed back awkwardly. “Oh well… I just came back to get a few things. Real-estate mostly. I'm making a few new purchases around Canterlot. Crystal Prep is far better maintained than I imagined. Dean Cadance did such a splendid job that it practically runs itself.”

“So… I guess you got some free times on your hands, huh?”

Sombra paused, taking a good look at his son sighing. “Well… you know that I want to spend some of it with you, Flash. It’s just that…”

“I know I know. You have a lot of responsibilities with the museum and the election coming next year.” He glanced down to the document in his hand noticing a few odd pictures attached to them. “Hey wait. Why does this place look familiar? Have I been there before?”

“Well you should. It’s our old house.” Sombra smiled.

“Our old house?” His memory from long ago clicked in, though just barely. He had some hazy memory of that place. Bits and pieces of it scattered in fragments just like the photo on the paper. It was a small old decrepit mansion situated far to the east, right at the edge of the city overlooking the ocean. It was built on the cliff with a stairway leading to the beach below. Flash recalled some of his childhood there. He remembered building sandcastles, watching the sun set into the sea and large boats sailing against the currents. “Wow… I didn’t even remember we had an old home until now. Looks pretty cool. Why did we move?”

His father’s face looked solemn and nostalgic. “Well since my work took me deeper into the city and you getting older, I thought it was high time we moved to where people were. Besides…… it didn’t really feel the same ever since Sophie – your mother – passed away.”

Oh… right. That actually made sense. He spent all his high school years here in the big city in this huge mansion. It would be natural that those times back in that place would fade. Heck he hardly even recognize his own mother too.

Shrugging the thought away, the boy flipped the page and noted a decrepit looking fortress in the next one.

“Hey… what’s this? It looks like a castle.”

His father’s eyes sparkled. “You like it? That would be Castle Hoofbeard. It’s an ancient sunken fortress built on Freefall Island, just a few miles off the coast of Canterlot City. It was used by the first settlers long ago as a lighthouse to guide ships into the dock. But it was later captured by the infamous pirate, Hoofbeard, Captain of the Salty Sea Mare. He rebuilt it into a fortress and plundered hundreds of ships in his lifetime before mysteriously vanishing from legends.”

That sounds like a great story to be told in campfires. A dream of adventurer, exploration into the unknown, buried treasures and piracy? Yes please!

“Wow… that’s pretty cool. But why did it sink?”

“Aha! That is one of the greatest mysteries!” Sombra’s face lit up like a Christmas tree showing his academic side for once. “Nobody knows! Some say that the weight of all the gold he stole from traveling merchants was so heavy that the island itself couldn’t support it. Another story says that one of Hoofbeard’s crew planned a mutiny so he decided to blow the place up and take the riches with him to the sea!”

Ok now Flash was definitely certain that this story would make a pretty awesome tale over a campfire.

“But there also exists a legend, people talk about.” Sombra added in an old sage’s voice. “It is said that during his adventures, Hoofbeard fell head over heels with a mermaid. A bright and beautiful jewel named Coralita. Against the wishes of the ocean, the two fell in love and eloped. They were very much happy together. But… then a storm broke out. Lightning threw into the castle, burning it from within. The sea roared over, grabbing the castle by the walls, dragging it down to the depths out of sheer anger! And by the end, not even the famed captain could match the power of the sea.”

“Yikes…”

“Yikes indeed.” Sombra agreed. “Not exactly a good way to go, but not underserving for a man running from the law.”

“I guess I was expecting a happy ending for the guy.”

“Perhaps you can write your own story.” His father suggested tapping his son's guitar. “I heard that you play in a band. Maybe one of this day you’ll let me hear one of your songs.”

Flash’s eyes brightened. “Really?”

“Of course! Why we have so much in common. I too used to be a musician when I was your age.”

“You played lead guitar?”

“What? Oh heavens no." He chuckled. "I preferred the more… classical instrument. That piano in the living room isn’t just for show, you know?”

“Really now?” The boy gave out a cheeky grin. “I’ve never heard you play it before.”

“I don’t really have that much time to pursue my old hobbies. Oh but I was a natural. Why your mother and I would put up a private performance side by side every odd moon lit night by the terrace at our old home. She was a genius in her academics and skillful with her violin. We’d play from dusk till dawn while eating bite size sandwiches and cracking the silliest jokes you’d ever hear. Why... there was this one time we spent one whole night thinking of a name for you. Sophie wanted to call you… Lightning or… Turbo. Can you believe that?”

Flash blinked. “Ok. The fact that I could’ve been called Turbo is a subject for future debate. But it sounds like you had a lot of fun with mom.”

His father’s face went solemn. “They were the happiest moments of my life, son.” He glanced up to a portrait of his late wife, one hand reaching out to it. “And I’d do anything to have her back.” He let out a nostalgic sigh before his mood brightened as a thought came to mind. “Speaking of which. I just had a fantastic idea! Do you know about the fire that burned down a city block the other day?”

The boy cringed. “Uh… well… yeah. Of course! Who hasn’t?”

“Well as part of my future election campaign, I’ve decided to hold a donation event to help rebuild the apartments that were destroyed. This kind of publicity stunt will greatly win me a lot of goodwill from the people and a lot of votes in the future. And it would make me very happy if your band would play for the event.” He laid one hand on the boy’s shoulder as assurance.

A live performance for an event? Flash’s eyes widened like saucer plates. That kind of gig would definitely be big. Huge even. It’ll draw in a lot of eyes. A lot more than anything they’ve had in their time in CHS. Not even the Rainbooms could gather that kind crowd in all of their performances.

“Wow dad… that’s…”

“If you don’t want, that’s also fine.” The older man said quickly.

“NO!” Flash closed his mouth when he realized his voice was a few decimals higher than normal. “I mean… I was just surprised by the offer. It’s… a lot bigger than what I’m used to. But… yeah… we’ll definitely perform.”

“Splendid son. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to see a man about an island.”

(Afternoon) (CHS Cafeteria)

Oh you’ve got to be kidding me. That much just a studio sized room? There wasn’t even an air-conditioning. How is anyone supposed to live there during the summer when the temperature rises over the natural body level? You'd be crazy to live in a place like that. It’s a fire hazard just waiting to happen.

“Uh… Twilight?”

And this one? Three rooms for a good deal but there’s a disco bar right next to it. Not even white noise generators could block out all the beats. She might recommend it to Vinyl but it definitely wasn’t for her.

“Twilight darling. Are you there?”

And don’t even get her started on this one. A penthouse? What kind of student could possibly afford a penthouse? She knew that Shining Armor really wanted his own personal bachelor pad but this was just going way over the top. I mean… sure it had its perks. Wide open space where she can set up her lab, comfy beds for her and Spike to lie on, an amazing view of the city, and advance automated security for protection. No Shadow Monster was ever gonna sneak up on her. But the cost was way beyond what a college student could go through. Come on bro. Get your head out of the clouds.

“TWILIGHT SPARKLE!”

“Mnyaah!” She nearly flipped when Rainbow stuck her face at her. “What? WHAT!? What’s happening?”

“You’re happening.” Rainbow Dash replied grumpily.

Even Rarity agreed with her. “Honestly darling. I know that the finals are coming next week but there is a thing as too much studying.”

Twilight quickly put her ‘notes’ away smiling apologetically. “Sorry. Sorry. I just got my head occupied right now. What were we talking about?”

“Sunset here was just telling us that her powers almost went cock-a-doodle-doo yesterday but you were so deep in your book that you didn’t hear.” Pinkie explained. “Mind telling us what happened again Sunshim?”

“That’s just it. I don’t know what happened.” Sunset answered, hand in her hair. “One minute I was just hanging around, the next thing I know I was ponying-up like my powers went supercharged.”

“You sure your geode ain’t broken?” Applejack suggested. “It might’ve dropped when we fought Cinch the other day.”

“No… at least I don’t think so.” She muttered, her hand tapping on her necklace. “I wouldn’t even know if it was broken. These things don’t exactly come with an instruction manual.”

“Well maybe you should have a semi-professional look into it.” Rarity opted gesturing to Twilight who again returned to her ‘notes’. “Twilight… darling?”

“Huh? What?”

“Sunset here was wondering if you could do some of your research on her geode. You’re the only one here with the proper equipment after all.”

“Ah…… yeah.” She sighed. “I don’t think I can do… any of that… any time soon.”

Applejack raised a brow. “Why not? You’re always into studying magic. Nothing stopped you before.”

“It’s… complicated.”

“Does it have anything to do with why you’re looking at apartments?” Fluttershy deduced holding one of the pages of her folder which slipped out.

“HEY! Give it.” The gang immediately went to full murmur mode which forced the egghead to confess. “Alright alright. I’ll explain everything. I… just happen to realize that running a fully functioning lab at my house isn’t exactly cheap. All my research and running equipment used up a lot of electricity and it worked the bill up so much that my parents had to cut it off completely.”

“Ouch… that must’ve hurt.” Rainbow nodded. “But what does that have to do with you looking for a new apartment? Don’t tell me they’re kicking you out.”

“Of course not. It’s… kind of a future planning actually. With next semester being our last time here in CHS and my scholarship in Everton already secured, I need to find a new place closer to the academy. My brother got me these so I can narrow my options.”

“Ooooh~ how chic!” Rarity cooed grabbing a page off her folder. “A penthouse? Now that’s living the dream. Wide open spaces, magnificent views for inspiration and imagine all the parties you can throw. And… oh… oh my.” Her praises stopped when she looked at the monthly price tag. “I guess that’s a little too rich for my blood. But it’s always nice to dream.”

“How about this one?” Rainbow suggested pointing at one particular building. “This one has a private gym and an obstacle course!”

“This one looks nice.” Fluttershy pointed over to a selection. “Two bedrooms, kitchen/living room put together and one bathroom. It also has a nice balcony view of the river. And the price isn’t so bad either.”

“Yeah, I thought of getting that one too. But they don’t allow animals. And there’s no way I’m moving out without Spike at my side. Not to mention I’m going to need the extra room for my lab if I want to get any research done.” She paused. "I could turn the extra bedroom into my lab... but I'm a little worried that it might take more than I could afford."

Sunset groaned in return. “I guess we’re not getting much out of the investigation. Without any leads or suspects, we’re practically back to square one.”

“Investigation?” Rainbow Dash questioned. “Are you guys still doing that? I thought Principal Celestia booted out our club.”

“She booted our club out of school.” Twilight nodded in confirmation. “But she didn’t disband the club. She said that we’re still free to carry out our investigation but we’re not allowed to bring trouble to CHS. Meaning we can’t use any of the school resources. And… we’re not entirely out of leads either.” She brought up the bracelet with the black gem attached to it. “Before they cut off my lab I was able to get a reading from this artifact. As Sunset guessed, it’s a magical device that acts similar to our geode. It uses magical energy to convert it into spells. But here’s the kicker: This trinket… was manmade.”

Sunset gasped. “Manmade? Are you sure?”

“Definitely. Natural gemstones are often form with other minerals or gases which causes color variations, fissures and such. This one was definitely lab grown as it’s 99% pure of the same element. You can even see that this thing was freshly cut. Whoever made this was definitely a professional.”

“Not to mention that it would go well with an evening gown.” The gang turned over a lazy eye to their resident fashionista. “What? I can’t help it. Say what you want about that little thing, you have to admit that an accessory like that will definitely fit well with just about anything. Everything does look better in black.”

“Anyway…” Twilight continued. “I also found out what Professor Cinch was using it for. After garnering the magical residue, she seemed to have been using this magic bracelet like a scanner.” She noted their confused look. “She was looking for more magic. That’s why her spell was spread all over the city. She was looking for strong sources of magical energy.”

“That makes sense.” Applejack nodded. “She’d use that thingie to look for magic and send that big bad wolf of hers to do the dirty work.”

“And that’s not all.” Twilight added much to everyone’s anticipation. “I also think she might’ve found some too.” She pulled out a map of the city laying it on the table. “The readings were a bit vague but I think she might’ve actually found real powerful sources of magic. And they’re not small puddles like those that we found around the world in our adventures. I’m talking big strong, possibly renewable sources of magic. Bigger than all our geodes combined.”

The gang huddled around the map noting the red dots placed around the city. They were all scattered and none of them within driving distances.

“That’s… a lot of magic.” Fluttershy stated.

“And get this. They all share the same structural reading as the magic in the Yaztec artifacts! This proves that magic is a naturally recurring element in this world! An energy that can be harnessed. Think of the possibilities!” She gleefully added, her smile widening like a madman.

“If they’re so powerful, why didn’t your scanners detect them?” Sunset asked.

“A good question, President Sunset. That’s because they’re outside of the city itself. My scanners can only find magic inside the city. These ones… are miles away. I suggest we make it the CIC’s mission to find these pockets of magic and study them – or at the very least contain them and keep them out of the wrong hands.”

“Ooooh! Road trip for the holidays?” Pinkie was all in, naturally of course.

It sounded like a good plan. Perhaps a long term project in the long run. It would definitely keep them busy too with the Winter Holidays coming up. Most of their part time job would freeze up, some quite literally. Other than their family obligations to spend with their folks and Rarity’s new assignment with her new boss, they were practically free. And as far as they knew they were the only semi-official authority regarding magic.

“That sounds like a great string of adventures and all but I think you’re missing something here.” Rainbow Dash spoke up pointing at the map. “Most of these places are huge. It’ll take forever to find what we’re looking for.”

But that of course only made Twilight grin even wider. “Fear not fellow members. Because I already have a solution for that." She paused for effect. "We’re going to let the good people of Canterlot help us.” Again they turned a confused look except for the fashionista. “With the assistance of our lovely Web Designer – Rarity – we’ve changed our club website to be a gossiping ground for myths, legends and mysterious sightings.” She grabbed her phone, connecting it to the internet and showing the website itself where their club was on.

“I designed the logo of course.” Rarity stated proudly. “A little flashy. But if we want to get our name out there we have to be a little bold.”

“People from all over the countryside can log in, chat, spread rumors, post pictures and even discuss things. Like say… the new mysterious cavern at the Everfree Forest?” She showed them a photo posted by an anonymous user showing a few odd looking sites. “Or the spooky voices at the old coal mine? Once people start talking, I simply cross reference keywords here and there with other local websites and then bang! We got our next lead.”

“Wow…” Sunset whistled, amazed. “That’s very impressive. And very efficient. It certainly beats running around aimlessly. Great job, Vice President.”

“Thank you. And with all this information, I plan to check the place out this Friday.”

“Friday?” The gang choked.

“Isn’t that a bit early?” Fluttershy stated unsure.

“The earlier the better.” Twilight explained casting a look at her friends. “Who knows what kind of mishap can happen if these things are left unchecked? Better to have them in our hands rather than the wrong ones. Besides Principal Celestia declared this Friday to be an unofficial day off to give everyone a chance to study for the finals. What a better way to spend an open holiday than an adventure?”

“We’re kinda busy this week Sugar Cube. Big Mac’s getting released from the hospital tomorrow and I want to make sure he’s settled in nicely. Not to mention that we have the finals coming up too.”

“And I have to prepare my collection for Mr. Hoity Toity’s show that day. You know I can’t miss it.”

“The animals at the pet store also need care after their food poisoning.”

“I also got a makeup test.” Rainbow Dash groaned. “I didn’t exactly do well on my last pop-quiz so Professor Doodle’s got me doing overtime.”

“And I’m working at the diner right after school.” Pinkie added. “It’s going to be my last shift there before the Winter Holiday. With bonuses to boot!”

Wow… Twilight almost forgot how busy they were during the last months of winter.

“Well I got a shift at the sushi store on the weekend later on, so I’m free.” Sunset stated much to her relief. “I guess it’s just gonna be you and me Twilight.”

It would certainly seems that way.

(Midtown Apartment)

“Sweep sweep sweep sweep! Twirl your broom and sweep sweep sweep sweep!”

Sonata bobbed her head to the rhythm of the music as she swept through the apartment doing a little… winter cleaning. It wasn’t the fanciful thing for a Siren to do but considering that the only other option was to sit around and watch TV, the little airhead decided to be productive for today. And considering that this apartment was the only roof they over their heads had she thought that it deserved some extra love.

“They actually made a song about sweeping?” Aria stated from the couch grabbing a cookie from the bowl in front of her as she eyed the television with a lazy eye. “And here I thought this world couldn’t get any more bizarre. Humans are so weird.”

“I know, right?” Sonata cooed, still sweeping. “I mean who would’ve thought it’d be so catchy? You’ll never see something like that back in Equestria. This band is like… gonna be the next big thing. I just know it.”

“Hmph. Next thing you know they’ll be making a song about mopping and dusting too.”

“Actually they have a song about Spring Cleaning which isn’t as popular as Sweeping but you get the idea.” She stopped half way when she noted someone coming through the door. Unsurprisingly it was none other than their fearless leader, with groceries. “Hey Adagio. Okaeiri nasai.”

Aria shot her a look. “What’s that?”

Sonata shrugged. “Oh it’s just some greeting thing I heard about. Apparently the sushi store comes from this far off island country and they have this language which is super rad.”

“Of course you’d learn something so useless.” She turned to Adagio. “So how’s work?”

“Well… the boss isn’t a pain in the tail. And the pay is decent. Not a lot of negative energy to go around. But so far no complaint. Got a pretty good haul from the leftover table.” She added, which Sonata giddily dug in. “I paid this month’s rent so we’ll be living off canned goods for a while.”

“You sure you don’t want me to tag along?” Aria offered taking one from the leftover box. “We could make double if both of us were working.”

“There’s no opening at the restaurant.” Adagio muttered lowly as she hung her coat. The three of them then sat around the leftover box picking it off together. “And with the Winter Holiday just around the corner, there won’t be much of an option. And even if there was an opening, you think it’ll be a good idea to leave Sonata alone?” They turned to their resident airhead who continued to gobble on her share oblivious to their stare.

“Fair enough, but you can’t do this alone. Why don’t you stay behind and I’ll take your shift? You got wasted the other night fighting that witch.”

“I’m fine.”

“I beg to differ.”

“I said I’m fine…” She repeated throwing a stronger tone. “The magic I got from that boy was more than enough.”

“Yeah, but we can’t go on like this.” Aria pointed out. “I’ve been taking Sonata to that fast food place ever since we stopped working at the internet café. The negative emotions there is appalling. We need a real meal to sustain us.”

“I’m working on it.” Adagio sighed back. Though she can’t really fault them. Negative emotions didn’t exactly come in spades around here. Not unless they generated it themselves and that would take a lot of time and effort. Something they were all in short supply. “Speaking of the café. Did you give the boss a call like I asked?”

Aria threw an annoyed glare. “Yup. And no, he’s not taking us back. That idiot said something about us breaking people’s hearts. He already got us replaced with some chumps from Uptown.”

“Great… now we need to find a new place to gather negative energy. So much for that plan.” She nibbled her favorite sushi, the one with the salmon. She didn’t really quite have the names jotted down yet. “Looks like we’ll be dining on fast food for a while too.”

“So… just like old times?”

“Like old times.” They hated the old times.

“Oooooh~ this one has cheese on it!”

(Evening) (Pinkie’s house)

The trip back home wasn’t all that special for Pinkie. Normally she’d have a mini party on the school bus using her giant confetti cannon to spread love and pastries to her fellow bus riders. But with the finals coming up next week she’s been having less and less time to prepare treats for them. Studying has become a higher priority to baking and that always leaves her in a bitter mood. Even more now seeing as Maud had some business in the museum.

After waving the bus goodbye the party gal got to her house. It wasn’t as big or as fancy as many of the residents in Midtown. Her parents were old fashioned folk who held tradition and the old way of life above all else. While they have come a long way from living in stone houses, that didn’t mean they welcomed the future with open arms. Heck, it practically took her her dad to have four kids before he finally decided to replace his horse drawn carriage with a working car.

And speaking of cars, Pinkie noted that there was one car parked just outside of her house. It looked very fancy. The brand alone looked like it would take years to pay off with her current job. Did they have a visitor? One of their distant relatives?

“Hey sis.” Just as she reached the door, it opened up revealing a punk rock gal on the other side. “What’s cracking?”

She gasped. “Limestone!? You’re ba—ack!” Pinkie tried to reach out and put her eldest sister in a bear hug but was stopped by her mighty hands.

“Easy there you party animal. Remember what we talked about with your hugs?”

“To… not do it unless you approve?” She whimpered back throwing a cute pity eyes. “Pretty please?”

Limestone grunted back annoyingly. “Fine. I’ll give you ten minutes of hug time free of charge. But that’ll be my gift to you for this Holiday.”

“EEEEEEP!! Best… gift… EVER!” Without even waiting she took advantage of that gift and wrapped herself around Limestone curling like a snake. “When did you get back? I didn’t even know you were coming back. I thought you were still studying in Oxhoof! Did you get me any souvenirs?”

The eldest of the Pie siblings had a face that stated ‘I immediately regret this decision’. But thankfully she refrained from saying anything. “I got home this morning. And yes, I am still studying in Oxhoof but I’m on Winter Break. And no, I did not get you any souvenirs.”

“Aww, that’s ok big sis. Because I can get you plenty! We can get stuff from the mall and you can bring it back to your apartment and show it off to all your friends! It’ll just be like old times!”

“I hate old times.”

Pinkie laughed. “Bwahahaha! Classic Limestone. You and your silly jokes. But hey… cool car though.” She gestured to the fancy car outside with her nose. “Did you buy that all by yourself? Looks pretty expensive. My big sister, splurging on her own salary.”

“That’s a Heimer vintage classic.” Limestone explained. “It’s one of the most expensive brand in the world. They don’t’ make them here.”

“Ooooh! So you imported? That’s so like you.”

“I didn’t drive here.” She pushed the younger Pie down putting a pause on her gift hug. “It belongs to that guy dad’s talking.”

Oh? Dad actually has a friend that stopped by? There wasn’t a lot of them but they normally had a good personality to show.

“Oooh! Is it someone we know? Is it Grandpa Granite? Uncle Andesite? Or or or…”

“Pinkamena.” Their father’s voice called out from the living room. “Would you kindly come here for a minute?”

She giddily replied. “Coming dad! So who’s our surprised guests for to-----day…” Her happy-go-lucky mood immediately went poof when she noted the face of their visitor. His darkened smoke-like hair flowing back while deep red-green eyes gripped her attention.

“Ms. Pie.” The older gentleman greeted, one hand extended in offer as he rose from his seat, towering over the girl like a dark lord meeting with the hobbit for the first time. “It’s a pleasure to see you again.” The little pink girl froze like a deer in headlight.

“Pinkamena. Tis rude to keep our guest waiting.” Her mother, Cloudy Quartz tapped her shoulder forcing her daughter to go on auto-mode greeting the older man back. “Me believes you recall our good friend Sombra from our last meeting? He is father to Flash Sentry. The boy in which courted you.”

How could she forget? Sombra had been dad’s number one clientele for the last few years. Their family owned an old mining/excavation company that have operated for generations since Canterlot was just an old dusty town. They did things the old fashion way using little to no heavy machineries in their work. If you wanted to find oil, gold, or an ancient cursed ruin city at the bottom of a creepy ravine surrounded by lava and all manner of death traps? All you need to do is give the family a call and they’ll solve your problem in no time at all, customer satisfaction guaranteed or your money back.

“Uh… hi! I’m Pinkie!” Pinkie mentally slapped herself. He knew that already.

“Courted!? Really?” Limestone had her eyes bolted up in the background. “When did this happen?”

“Flash told me all about your dining experience.” Sombra added which made the girl in his hand blush.

“He did?”

“Yes. He told me the hilarious story of the waiter that spilled spaghetti all over himself. And he mentioned that you were quite… adorable to boot.”

“He… he did?” Her cheeks slowly began to burn. “Ahe… ahehehe. He wouldn’t happen to say anything else… would he?”

“I’m afraid I don’t really recall much of what he said. But he didn’t seem to mind for a second outing.”

He would!?

No. NO! Pinkie! Don’t fall for it. That’s a blatant lie. He’s probably just saying that to get your parents’ approval. Flash said that he wouldn’t be interested. Don’t be duped.

“That sounds like a terrific idea.” Igneous Rock, her father, added. And no, it wasn’t a terrific idea dad. “Perhaps we should have them go for a second outing.”

“Dad!” Pinkie protested.

“Wonderful.” Sombra nodded wearing a knowing smile. “As a matter of fact, I’m holding a donation event this weekend for the unfortunate souls from the big fire the other day.” Pinkie turned to him surprised. “And my son would be playing with his friends. Perhaps your daughter would be keen in helping.”

“An astute idea.” Her father agreed, placing one hand across his chest. “It is a Pie family value to provide aid for the less fortunate when possible.”

“Excellent. I’m certain my son would be more than happy to see you again.” He laughed softly before picking up a few documents on the coffee table. “Well, would you look at the time? I have to get home. I wish we could talk more Igneous. I could really use your company’s expertise in my next excavation.”

“I’m sure it can wait fair old friend. The ground isn’t suitable for digging at this time of year. Perhaps after the snow has melted, can we continue this.”

The older gentleman nodded back in agreement. “Yes. Of course. Till next time then. Pinkie, Ms. Pie. Mrs. Pie. Good day.” He tipped his imaginary hat to the ladies before casually walking out back to his super fancy car.

Pinkie could do nothing but watch as both her parents and that guy simply agreed to let her go out with Flash – AGAIN! It almost sounded like they want the two of them to get together. Ugh… she can already tell that Maud was gonna have a field day the moment she hears this. Pinkie can already see her grinning face teasing her around the clock just to get a reaction.

Well tough luck sis, because right now she was immune to her teasing.

“So~.” Limestone spoke up, her tone dripping with suggestions as she blocked the stairs leading to her room. “Who’s the unlucky guy?”

Ah cake fudge.

Author's Note:

Happy Tuesday once again folks. Here's another chapter in.
For all you readers out there. Don't forget to hit that like button because it really helps the story out.
It also never hurts to put a little something on the comment section. I'd like to hear what you guys have to say about it too.:twilightsheepish:
So see ya next Tuesday.

PreviousChapters Next