• Published 24th Oct 2019
  • 683 Views, 20 Comments

A Tangled Web We Weave - BellChime

  • ...
3
 20
 683

The Arrival

“OK. I’ve got it...beautiful.”

“A beautiful personality? D-Diamond…”

“What?” Diamond Tiara gazed at Sweetie Belle, looking genuinely hurt. “You don’t mean that you think that Flower Blossom has a beautiful personality?”

“I don’t really.…” Sweetie Belle rubbed her temples. “I don’t really know what her personality is right now.”

“It’s beautiful! What’s there left to say?”

“I mean, I get you've also told me how her personality is unique, inspirational, and perfect. I mean, what is she like to be around? How does she feel about…” Sweetie Belle waved her hoof, searching for a good word. “Life? In general?”

“Brave! Brave is a feeling.”

“Diamond, you know,” Sweetie Belle said, her face becoming a bit flushed with irritation, “When I said personality, I was hoping for a word that’s more than just a compliment!”

“Flower Blossom is just very...compliment-able!” Diamond Tiara shot back. “It’s part of who she is!”

As Diamond Tiara and Sweetie Belle continued to squabble, Apple Bloom, watching from her seat next to them, winced. “Should we tell 'em we should probably focus on learnin' lawyer stuff?”

Scootaloo, who was watching the debate with an amused smile, shook her head. “Nah. This is fun to watch.”

Meanwhile, Sweetie Belle buried her head in her hooves. “OK, new strategy.”

“If I do it your way, can I keep 'brave', 'inspirational', and 'perfect'?”

“Nix ‘perfect’.”

“Sure.” Said Diamond, crossing out 'perfect' and writing ‘perfectly admirable’ in its place.

If Sweetie Belle noticed that, she was too worn down to protest. “OK. Does she like spicy food?”

“Sure!”

“Fast rides?”

“Sure!”

SHREEE! The whistle signaled that the train had stopped.

“Alright!” Scootaloo cheered. “We’re here!”

“So…” Apple Bloom murmured to Diamond Tiara as the four fillies filed off. “How far’d ya get?”

“Oh, Sweetie Belle had some problems with my character. I don’t get it? Isn’t the point to make the character as great as possible?”

“Whatever floats your boat,” Apple Bloom deterred diplomatically. “But tell me more about the lawyerin’.”

“Well, there were just a bunch of numbers. I guess I’ll just hand them into the judge-that’s the pony in charge of the courtroom-”

“I know what a judge-”

“And then I’ll just tell him the truth about how wonderful my daddy is!”

Apple Bloom just stared at her, dumbfounded.

“What’s wrong?” Asked Diamond Tiara, catching the look on Apple Bloom’s face.

Author's Note:

hai :3

Comments ( 3 )

I can see it now

Judge Book Keeper: Does the Defense have any opening remarks?

DT: hai, my name is Diamond Tiara and I love my daddy very much...(a couple of random d'awws from the audience gallery)
(Turns to the Judge) so...did I win?

Login or register to comment