• Published 18th Jan 2020
  • 1,313 Views, 146 Comments

The tale of a Huntsmans corp - Trickstermkcee



During a terrible year of suffering for humanity, over 3 billion people died of disease, another billion to war, and the rest left to survive on their own, this story focuses on a group of survivors and soldiers, in a new world, just trying to live.

  • ...
13
 146
 1,313

Chapter 10:Emerging problems and a What could go wrong? (Part 2)

Chapter 10:Emerging problems and a What could go wrong? Part 2

Quickly the mare seemed to land, and bounce excitedly on her hoofs, her wings bouncing excitedly.

“OH TH-“ she placed a hoof over her mouth, “this is so cool!” She whispered and looked at the group, “So what are you doing here? I’d there a bad guy to take out?” She asked and looked around, as if trying to find someone suspicious.

“Strictly confidential ma’am” said Thomas smoothly, flipping on a English accent, “Our job is to get this mare to the hospital, maybe we can have you do this for us?” He said, giving a small grin.

“Uh...why does she need to go to the hospital-What happened!?” She asked quickly, spotting the bandages that had been concealed under some of the guards wing, the lunar mare bit her lip, but Thomas was quick on his words.

“Training exercise incident, she will be fine once we arrive at the hospital, is their anything we can help you with ma’am, because we have work to do.” He stated without even a flinch, his strong arms wrapped carefully in a posturing that showed he was in command of the situation.

“I-uh no sir!” She said without even a thought, she didn’t even know why she said sir, it was extremely unlike herself to become compliant. Quickly she landed and looked away and with a embarrassed blush, rubbed the back of her head with her hoof.

“Good, now if I may ask, what are you doing out at this time of the night?” He asked calmly, behind him, the other had continued there treck to the hospital, intent to allow the griffin to handle the mare and avoid blowing their cover.

The mare seemed started by the question and turned a shade of red, “I-I-I... OH WOULD YOU LOOK AT THE TIME!” She cried out and shot off into the sky, Thomas was sent tumbling into the building from the sheer force of her takeoff he had been standing next to.

“OOF, uuhhh...” he groaned and rubbed the back of his head, lifting off his helmet. “Note to self, get these helmets padded properly...” he grunted and stood up, quickly moving to catch up with the rest of the group.

In the distance, a lone guard watched the scene unravel, confused beyond all belief, Private Silver Case. He was merely a recruit, sent to the town of Ponyville to do his first year of service. It was only his third month in Ponyville, yet he saw a extreme amount of odd things happen to the town that he was sure I t was cursed. “U-uh... maybe I should follow them....yea that sounds like a great idea!” He said with a shrug, trotting forward through the somewhat snowy streets, surely this couldn’t go terribly wrong!

The guard didn’t get far, as his hoof caught a patch of ice that remained imbedded in the stone road, “Oof!” He fell face first into the street, and slammed his helmet into a rock, jarring him, and soon he passed out.

A secondary figure appeared over the unconscious guard, slowly the unknown figure pulled the stallion towards a small shed, placing him inside, he tucked a jacket over him, it was old and worn, made of fake leather, and designed to give heat.

“Looks like some newcomers have arrived....let’s see what they bring...” the unknown figure hummed, his gruff voice sounded out as a grey paw reached out and rubbed the back of his head tiredly.
—————————————————————-

“All on me, I want our entrance to make a statement, but completing the purpose of what we came for.” Said fury doing a quick check up on the mares side and stitching, “if we go in, and something happens, everyone goes to rondavo, if anybody doesn’t make it back, then we will pull back to that destroyed castle, an I understood?” The medic said to the griffin and diamond dog, who both listened and nodded in agreement.

Quickly they pushed up to the hospital door and stacked up, “3....2....1.... BREACH!” And they moved with the force and training of hardened soldier, and within moments, they were in the main lobby, telling everyone to lie down on their stomachs.

No one dared to stop or call for help as everypony complied, the ponies that were their seemed terrified, the hospital staff didn’t seem any better. “Alright! Bring her in!” Called out fury, his eyes scanned over the dozen or so ponies in the room.

His eyes halted on a figure. The figure was another guard, he had been standing by the small wards doorway, dressed in silver armor, a spear lay on the ground next to him.

Carefully fury waved over the griffin, who carried the injured mare. He placed the mare down and reached down to his vest, gripping at a handheld radio, clicking the transmission off and on, walking towards the entrance,

“Hey guard, when we leave, do not let anybody leave until about 5 minutes after we’re gone, if you do, their will be trouble.” Fury growled out firmly.

He got a quick nod from the terrified guard, and he backed up, glancing to the injured and tired looking threstral, “I wish you the best of luck, I’m sure you’ll have fun with the press and your superiors when they learn what’s happened.” He hummed and chucked, then snapped back to a serious tone, “If anybody asks who did this, do not give names up, we are keeping the corporal as a... POW? Captive?” He glanced over at the Diamond dog, who merely shrugged at his words.

“uh...leverage?” Added Thomas, shuffling his wings slightly for to his vests less then comforting grip on them. He hadn’t wanted to bring one but decided caution was in order just so he didn’t risk injury in case something happened.

He was met with a unamused glance from the medic and a calm nod of the diamond dogs head, “Yea, I doubt calling a guard leverage would appeal to our favor... how about ‘Totally willing pony we DIDN’T kidnap’?” The dog suggested, looking over to the two.

Fury had firmly planted his hoof in between his eyes, as if he was trying to hide his less than amused face and shame from the rest of the room, although out of the corner of his eye, he watched as another guard entered the room through a secondary door.

The guard was dressed in a similar pair of grey armor, though it appeared that he also had a dark red bandanna like attachment to his helmet, he seemed to move in a fluid speed, making a dash for Thomas, who’s back had faced the unknown guard. “HEY THOMAS WATCH YOUR ASS!” He cried out, keeping his weapons trained on the other members room.

Time seemed to slow down as the words left his mouth, Thomas had snapped into a low crouch, swinging his foot out towards the guards head. Just as quick the guard ducked and grabbed at his leg with his hoof, the guard angled himself and swung his hoof straight for Thomas’s knee.

With that time stopped, it seemed to be almost terrifying, everything around him seemed to shift to a dull grey, color seemed to bleed from the room. Fury’s body moved ,crossing the room in a second, and suddenly the color came back, and time resumed.

*CRACK*

The guard slammed to the floor, the rear hoof of the medic held up, his body smoked slightly as he straightened out.

“Time to move, I don’t think staying here any longer is a good idea, move to rendevou, let’s move!” He called, immediately the diamond dog, Griffin, and pony turned and hurried out, the door to the small Ponyville hosptial closed, and silence reigned over the confused and terrified pony’s, the lone threstral slowly stood up and limped over to the knocked out guard, his body slumped against the floor as the other ponies watched. Her eyes looked at his chest piece, more specifically the massive dent in it.

“What the hell are you?” She mumbled softly as she glanced towards the darkened streets of ponyville.
—————————————————————

“Well that could have gone better?” Joked the griffin, his rifle had long since left his giants, slung over his shoulder, holstered as he walked, his eyes searched the streets as he led the small squad towards there next objective. They had returned to the tank to report their success and been tasked with new orders, their scouts had located a somewhat government like building near a fountain in the center of town, they were given the jobs of approaching and trying to pick out any government figures in this town to maybe later discuss possible options of the plan they had devised actually worked.

They had been giving primarys to go with their secondary’s, and this time lethal rounds as this was still a much more risky endeavor. They had successfully slipped back into the town and had already slid into a side road, carefully they made their approach towards town square.

They were DEFINITELY NOT talking loudly and screwing around as they walked...

“I say it was a smashing success, though knocking out the guard was rather excessive don’t you think?” Inquired the diamond dog, his voice low and relaxed, his hard eyes seemed to stare straight ahead, though the way he held himself would have told any soldier he wasn’t planning on leaving himself defenseless.

“Next time you should clear your six and make sure there’s nobody in your blind spot, what I did was out of necessity, just be glad you didn’t blow his brains Lion!” Said Fury, his voice tinged with annoyance, the dog shrugged.

“Man for a stealth op, we sure suck at being...stealthy” pointed out Lionel, a ensemble of “Shut up’s” was what he received as he cracked a smile. Although hit soon disappeared as the griffin held up a talon, and the small impromptu squad stopped, weapons quickly fell into hands as he motioned towards the sky.

Above them flew three large chariots, two of them requiring at least 5 Pegasi to handle as they drifted towards the ground of the open fountain ahead of them, immediately the griffin dropped into a low crouch and raised his rifle, his safety snapped off as the dog dropped to his stomach, his liberated and oversized M249 resting on a bipod, the medic levitated a beretta our and took aim, although he looked at the dog with a raised eyebrow, the fact that the dog was that strong confused him and almost made him want to run diagnostics in the poor dog...almost.

“Don’t fire, only if the situation is dire” stated the griffion as he watched, the three large chariots landed, and in seconds at least 2 dozen guards had filed out, filling the town square, the golden armor of the guards glistened in the soft lamp lights of the stands.

“Hey Fury, got the armor like I asked?” Thomas asked, shuffling his wings as he grinned. The medic nodded, pulling out the golden armor, and in 5 minutes he was carefully covered in armor, looking almost exactly like one of the guards in the square, “Is this really what we should be doing? I mean come on!” Lionel said, gesturing towards the roaming guards, so far they hadn’t done much. They had noticed multiple guards enter the target building and had decided that it would be best to try infiltrate the soldiers.

“Ok so my objectives are to infiltrate the townhall, figure out who the head of these soldiers are, then report back here?” He asked with a tilt of his head, gaining a nod from the griffin.

“Yep, so keep your gun with me, remember, You are now Corporal Dawnsville” he said, taking the Beretta and motioning to the alley exit. The stallion steeped himself and walked forward, soon exciting the alley into the dark streets, passing a squad of guards as they moved by him, chatter ranging from orders to banter echoed through the night as guards moved quickly to set up a small HQ and secure the courtyard. Fury watched with a almost calm expression as he cantered around patrols and moved past the first carriage, it was one of the troop transports that had been carried by the squad of Pegasi. Although what caught his attention was a certain squad of ponies ahead of him, there dark figures and low spoken voices barely making them noticeable.

Thestrals

“Fuck...” he mumbled and started to curve around the transport, looking to take another way around the squad of particularly terrifying nuisances, although he was cut short when he bumped right into a pony turning the corner, he stumbled, not expecting the bump and tripped, tumbling into the armored pony.

“OOF! Ah watch were you walking for bucks sake!” Growled out a rather annoyed threstral mare he had landed on. He quickly got back up, offering his hood to the mare who had accidentally slammed into.

“Oh geez, I’m terribly sorry, I should have watched where I was going!” He said with a quick smile to her as he tried to back away. She seemed to eye him with annoyance as she inspected his figure, her eyes shifting over his figure.

“Hmm, you must be a rookie, I don’t recognize your scent.” She stated with a light hum, eyeing him with a mix ha more intrigued set of eyes.

“I am not with the guard that just arrived, I am Corporal Dawnsvillie, I’m stationed here” he replied with a half hearted smile, hoping he seemed convincing enough.

“Oh? Well then I must be off my game today, cause you don’t smell like him...” she hummed, her steps moved towards him as he bit his lip, watching her with a almost primal fear, his hooves slightly twitched. Slowly he felt his horn preparing to activate his telekinetics, his focus drifting to his knife stashed under his armor.

“Hey! You two! Get over here, and stop scaring that poor Goldie Slyph!” Said a thresreal that had flown over to the two of them, his wings flapped softly in the calm night breeze.

“Oh come on! Look at him! It was perfect!” She cried out, chuckling as Fury relaxed, his mind eased as he placed a grin on his face.

“Oh har har” he joked, turning as he faced the second threstreal, a stallion who’s rank signified him to be a sergeant, “Corporal Dawn svillie reporting, I’m supposed to find whoever is leading this group of guards and report to them sir!” He stated with a quick salute to get his point across.

“You need to report to the townhall, although may I ask why you have been sent to report to the townhall?” The stallion stared at Fury, who simply stood straighter, he felt himself starting to swear under the armor.

“I’m supposed to debrief about what happened in the everfree forest, a unknown surge has occurred and my team was tasked with investigating it, we’ve lost one member and the other is currently in the hospital, I am the only one able to report in at this time.” Fury replied, staring straight into the sergeants eyes as he spoke, silence reigned as the sergeant hummed.

“Alright soldier, you have my condolences for your lose, head past the carriages, and then enter from the front door, you will be directed from their.” He said with a nod, moving to the side to allow him passage as he cantered by.

“Thank you sir, your words of comfort are appreciated.” Fury replied, marching quickly past the vampire-like ponies, not bothering to spare a glance to any of them as he moved, soon completely around the corner of e larger passenger carriage. Fury kept up his canter, moving to pass by several more squads as he arrived at the townhall entrance, before doing so, he made note of something, a flash, almost like a glint of a scope, though he was unsure. His eyes snapped forward as he arrived at his destined target, and he moved his hoof up to the door knob.

“What kind of fucking sorcery is this shot?” He mumbled under his breath as he turned to doorknob with his hoof. To him it almost felt like he still had his fingers to grab the knob, and quickly entered. He was greeted by a room with pillars that made the circular architecture more understandable. The room was currently occupied by 6 stallions and 1 mare, albeit a dam tall one. He was quick to move up against one of the pillars, while he was disguised, he didn’t dare take risks he couldn’t fully calculate.

“Princess, so far we have not been able to identify any of the individuals! There not griffionian troops, zebrican special forces, or brigands of the western iseles!” stated a aggravated pitch black stallion, “We’ve gone through several dozen most wanted lists, and even asked the P.I.A!” He added, “And lastly, there carrying Delta grade weapons! No one knows they even exist!” Cried out the stallion.

“Well clearly someone does now, not only did these strange agents slip into Equestrian borders, they appear to have captured a local guard, and also returned one, in thankfully not terrible condition, and form her words, there are at least 7-9 of them, maybe more!” Growled out another threstral, this one was different, large wings, sharpened fangs, and a pitch black vest, the material seemed to most likely be Kevlar, though he was unsure. gender had to be female though due to the figures frame being slim and carefully built.

“Maybe the Changelings have finally brewed a insurgency? Nightshade did say they had a changeling or two with them, and that one of them was leading the group.” Justified another mare, her coat was a shade of crimson, and a light grey helmet sat on her head.

“Chrysalis is dead and Queen Athena has already stated that she shares nothing of interest in Equestria, plus to start another war with Equestria? That’s foolhardy with her war with the Black isles going so well!” Stated a calm and collected stallion, his coat was of some sort of grey nature, fury couldn’t tell, though his eyes were a sharp black, “Plus that doesn’t explain the other items there carrying, especially those strange machines. From what has been described to me, the fine tuning that would be required to create those beasts are far out of the changelings leagues.” He paused as if to think, “even Griffin the griffin otherworldly knowledge extends only so far, he admits that his worlds history after his disappearance is unknown to him.”

“Silence”

Silence rained immediately, as if like a blanket had smothered all sound, except for the slow breaths that came from the mouths of the rooms current occupants.

“We have a visitor, and he is content to stay out of sight, but of his nature, I am unaware.” The voice spoke isn’t calmed ease, and Fury almost bolted, “Don’t bother, the minute you entered this room, the door locked, I made sure only people I wanted here could unlock it, yet you walked right in? I admit it’s impressive.” She added calmly, and Fury grunted. He took a step out of his hiding place and immediately one of the guard stallions turned to face him, one of the ones from outside, taking a step to grab him.

*SMACK* *CRACK* *THUMP!*

With a reflex Fury was stunned e had, he had swung his hoof out,,connecting with the guards spear, cracking in half, and slamming hard into his face, knocking him to the ground, and he was out cold, “I came to listen and understand our situation better.” Fury replied coolly at the stunned faces of the silver helmeted guard, and the readied combat stances of the rest, except for the taller pony, her fur was a dark blue, and her mane was one to look like cosmos.

“Oh?” She replied, sparing a glance at the downed guard, “You seem to show more aggression, then any understanding.” She said with a light smile.

“well I don’t like being touched, especially if it’s to make me do something I can do myself.” He added calmly, “Though may I ask what your opinion of me is at this second, what you think I am, and who you think I work for? Just so o can get a idea of how much you pony’s actually know.” He asked with a light smile.

“You have no right to demand or ask us anything you feind!” Snarled the first stallion, now that Fury could give him a proper look, the stallion was a color that reminded him of forest camouflage. He surged forward, spinning on a hoof to deliver what would have been a devastating kick...

Had Fury not seen it coming, sliding forward, he used his entire body, spinning his entire body to allow him to deliver his own buck straight into the heavily armored stallions face, his buck, and the stallions already armored fling sent him crashing hard into one of the stone pillars.

“Now, I don’t seek to harm anymore, in truth I’m actually a medic, so this isn’t what I would naturally do, but seeing how no one understands, I won’t say this again, I need to know what you think you know, so I can rectify what’s clearly wrong.” He stated calmly.

“Hmm...” the large mare contemplated, the rest of the guards had taken steps back with the takedown of the armored stallion, all except for the threstral and the tall pony. “Fine, we believe you and your group to be a hostile group attempting to compromise the integrity of the Equestrian homeland by means of dealing massive damage to important elements and reeking havoc within the Equestrian borders.” She explained with a clam, yet neutral voice.

“Well, now that I know, I’ll tell you this, our group carry’s no relation to anything in this world, we aren’t meant to be here, in the forms we are in, we are merely here. As for your country of... Equestria right?” He asked, tilting his head as she nodded, “We don’t seek to harm or hinder this country, we look to handle something that isn’t of your importance, the business we plan to handle is not linked to this country except by physical boundaries.” He explained cryptically, “As to what you think we are? Well we sure as hell aren’t what we appear to be, we’re not griffins, pony’s, changelings, dragons, or whatever else you can think of. Were people.” He spoke without emotion.

“You mention dragons?” The tall mare spoke, “Well considering that we have a unknown dragon in our dungeons that appeared in our capital city, we find that you aren’t seeking to cause trouble hard to believe.” She pointed out, which in turn made the stallion nod.

“Well don’t bother with us, we have all our members accounted for, whoever you found, it’s not one of us, we all carry this insignia.” And he reached with his hoof under his armor, grabbing his combat nice he had snagged firm the back of the truck, and tossed it to the floor, “You can be love me, or you don’t, I don’t care, now may I take my leave, if I don’t, my friends will make themselves a entrance that won’t be easily cleaned up.” He plainly finished, turning towards the entrance to the hall.

“Fine... may I at least have your name?” The mare asked, and Fury looked over his shoulder.

“Fury... Private Dawson Fury.” With those words he pushed open the door, and left into the night, walking though the swarming crowds of guards and soldiers. Science reigned after he had left.

“We should send someone to-!” The silver helmeted mare tried to say, but she was cut off by a raised blue hoof.

“Don’t bother, his words were truthful, and if we did, I fear his friends he spoke of will do more then scare of the pony’s we send to trial them.” She explained with a sigh, though her eyes soon came to the knife that lay on the floor, and she levitated it to herself, seeking to examine the blade, and on the side, a insignia laid engraved in it. Princess Luna studied to for sometime, her personal lieutenant stayed by her side as she finally glanced up to the tow hall door.

“What do you think this means, Bain?” She asked with a soft spoken voice, her eyes looked down to the threstral mare.

“I’m not sure princess...I’m just not sure...” the mare replied as they both stared at the blades insignia.

A large, five pointed star, surrounded by a circle.

Author's Note:

Hello all my awesome readers! I’m back and bigger then ever! Any questions you guys want to ask can be placed in the comments and I’ll answer them when I’m open! Cheers and have a good day or night to y’all!

Comments ( 6 )

I’m fairly surprised I have no comments, Is there nothing anybody wanted to ask? Huh...

Dis gonna get updated? Cuz dis has my full attention. Also kinda sad how most good stories are usaully cancelled or paused.

Just read it all...

It's good but you need an editor.

10040545
Next time you pick out a cover image for your story, DON"T use a cropped art piece with somepony's else's sona's without their AND the artist's consent.

Always triple check to make sure you have the right of way if yer unsure or don't know.

Bazinga

I’m sorry I had to take such a long leave of absence so suddenly y’all, I am going to be continuing this story, and I encourage y’all to keep reading, I am also going to be having a editor read over my content, so worry not! The quality should improve

Login or register to comment