• Published 18th Jan 2020
  • 1,313 Views, 146 Comments

The tale of a Huntsmans corp - Trickstermkcee



During a terrible year of suffering for humanity, over 3 billion people died of disease, another billion to war, and the rest left to survive on their own, this story focuses on a group of survivors and soldiers, in a new world, just trying to live.

  • ...
13
 146
 1,313

Chapter 9:Overpowering minds and a changeling, dragon, and a princess walk into a throne room

Chapter 9:Overpowering minds and a changeling, dragon, and a princess walk into a throne room

*THWACK*

Luna tumbled back, her short sword flew by her head, landing not more than a few hoof steps away. She grunted and looked to her opponent, who stood, on hind legs, her baton floating carefully next to her. The small metal stick crackled with a low blue glow, dispelling the magic aura around her.

“Y-you... how do you block my magic! This is the ethereal plain, only other Alicorns can handle such grasps of magic in here
!” She growled in a low and aggressive manner, getting to her hooves, her short sword cams back to her, but a second weapon formed out of thin air once more. A small dagger with a noon crest in the handle. It reminded the mare of a crambit.

“You must forget, I am the owner of this dream, you may have magic, but I have will!” The mare replied back, her horn flowed brightly, and Luna grunted, her hoof went to her face to shield her from the bright light.

*CRACK*
—————————————————————

Slowly Jay moved towards the gate,his foot steps were softened by the cloths he had tied to his scaled feet. Slowly he creeped up to the wall and stood in front of it, looking up. He himself was most likely 6’7 maybe 6’8, the wall was MASSIVE.

His looked to the open gate and approached it, moving along the wall in his light grey jacket, his small eyes swivel red left and right, his combat knife was put as he turned the corner, slipping by a pair of gold clad guards, there horse like figure confusing him as he moved slowly.

He entered the city, the sun bobbed above the horizon and a careful moon descended at about the same rate. He heard mumbles and peaked out, a single stallion in golden armor walked along the snow, his face showing open terrified annoyance at the snow that drifted form the sky. Carefully Jay moved to tail him, as the stallion seemed to move towards the massive castle.

Soon the stallion was joined by a mare and they began to talk, the voices low and pleasant, they knew each other.

“Idol! I’m glad to see your back form the Everfree! Why so late though? Usally you arrive with everyone else...” the unknown mare said with a curios look to the stallion.

“I was just requested to come to the castle, since my new...rank” he seemed to shiver, Jay couldn’t tell if it was the cold or the mention of his new rank that made him shiver, “The Princess is giving me a personal assignment, despite my attempts at dissuading her...” he said with a sigh.

“Surely it’s nothing, Lieutenant” said the mare, giving a small grin, the stallion seemed to cring at the mention of the rank. Jay didn’t know why.

The dragon was careful to follow, as he had to slip through alleys and move across the darkened streets, it had been a solid 10 minutes, and the mare had left the stallion with promises of a warm meal when he cams home. Jay smiled as within a minute later they arrived at the castle, the guard approached the gate and was halted, some chatter ensued and they let him pass.

Jay approached the wall next to the gate, and leaped at it, his claws dug into a small grove and he carefully held himself against the wall, and started to shuffle sides way, using small grooves and missing pieces of the wall as holes he arrived over the gate and looked down, the two guards below him. He peered up and spotted the muzzle of another guard leaning just barely over the edge. Jay took a deep breathe, and threw himself forward, huffing over the wall with careful ease. His tail flicked and wrapped itself around the mouth of the guard, pulling him into Jays tight grip, who held the flailing pony until his flailing slowed and stopped. Jay set him down and placed him against the wall, making sure he hadn’t accidentally killed the poor bastard.

His eyes scanned the walls from his crouched position as he took in the position of several other guards. He spotted his original target, the stallion was walking across the courtyard to the massive palace.

Quickly he jumped down from the wall and onto the courtyard, and moved along the wall. His footsteps were only given away with the quiet crunch’s of the crisp grass, as he approached a window, left open as he careful opens his wings, he checked his surroundings. He flapped once, it was silent yet powerful as he flew straight up to the window, and with swiftness that shouldn’t have belonged to such a massive creature, he was through the window without anyone noticing.

—————————————————————

Lunas eyes slowly opened as she groaned, her head hurt quite a bit. She slowly raised her head up to look around her, her confusion was amplified as she couldn’t seem to move anything at, save for her eyes. She tried to light her horn in a quick scan to tell what was going on, although it was numb, she couldn’t feel her horn or her body, nothing.

She focused her self now on getting a view of what was going on, although all she could make was some sort of quiet grinding sound, no chirps of wild life, she could see the sky, and if she focused well enough, 4 large carriage like machines moved slowly, and the sounds of hoof steps moved along with them. It was a march of sorts, although the hoof steps where scattered.

“Alpaca Squad, do you read over?” A masculines voice called over a small plastic device on her shoulder, and suddenly a gloved hoof- no wait...it looked more like a claw reached up, gripping the device and pushing down something.

“This is Lieutenant Roger of Alpaca squad, over, have we been giving any new order?” Her voice wasn’t hers! Nor was the body she resided in, the owner of which seemed to be male, although griffin or dragon or whatever he was, she couldn’t tell.

“No Lieutenant, operation parameters are same as before, just be cautioned, there have been reports of local enemy militia in the area, would advise watching for IED’s” the voice replied over the radio, Luna hadn’t the faintest idea what IED’s were, but she had a idea that it probably wasn’t good.

“Copy, well be unloading within five minutes, prepare the assault group.” Roger replied as he glanced over to another soldier who had stopped and was looking to another soldier who sat on top of one of the hulking monsters, two of which had turned their massive metal body’s, pipes extending out and angling themselves. Quickly her body began to move forward as he approached another man, who turned and offered a friendly grin.

“Fireworks are prepped sir, al lee need is the ignition!” He giggled madly and and lifted his arm up, held it in place, and with speed, dropped it.

*KRA-ACK BOOOOOOOOMMM*

Luna never had heard such ear blasting noises in her whole life, something like a cannon was similar, but these machines...they were terrifying.

“SIR, WE’VE GOT HOSTILE SOUTH EA-“

The poor soldier who had sprinted to the officer was curt down by a spray of gun fire from a large desert hill, his cries of anguish silenced a second later.

“GIVE EM HELL BOYS!” Yelled another officer, firing his rifle towards the hills, two of the massive metal monsters that seemed to be different turned their heads and let off Lou bursts.

*KR-KR-kR-KRACHOW*

She was amazed as the world cams alive with flashing lights. The lieutenant didn’t move an inch, he nearly reached to his waist and wothdrew a small L-shaped metal and took aim at another figure.

*CRACK-CRACK-CRACK*

Quickly the figure tumbled, he sighed and placed the metal stick away. He took aim and let off a burst, Luna could smell the odor of blood in the air of each side fired away at each other.

*CRACK!*
—————————————————————

Jay grunted as he pulled another guard behind his pillar, the guard struggled, his spear falling to those side as jays tail caught it. Quickly jay placed more pressure on his throat, and soon he slumped into unconsciousness.

“That makes... 13 guards...” he mumbled under his breath with a sigh, as he stashed him behind a curtain for one of the windows. He faced the massive door that hid his target, the stallion had entered it just a few minutes ago, and the door had been sealed behind him. Jay had spent the last 5 minutes taking care of the 3 guards that stood around the room.

Quickly Jay removed the large handgun form his side, reaching to push the massive door in, but stopped.

“Hmm...how about a entrance?” He said with a small hum, his hand landing on his vest and pulling off a flash bang. He peered at it contemplation.

“No....” he mumbled and peered over to a window, “Now a sneaky approach would be fun...” quickly he moved to the window, it was a glass pane, but a small handle caught his attention, and he pulled it to the side. Carefully he wiggled his way out l, grinning softly.

Slowly he stepped out onto the small ledge and manured himself to walk, comfortably pushed up against the wall he scooted slowly. He heard movement above him, but he reacted instantly, he dove to the side, catching the ledge, he swung himself upwards, his wings catching a weak draft. He looked down at the startled guard, a tall silver furred mare with a set of blue armor and bat like wings, and as he fell just in front of her, reached out and grabbed her armor, pulling her over the small tower wall and towards the window to the throne room.

“SORRY ABOUT THIS!” He shouted to her as he placed her armored body in front of him, and used her to shatter the window as they crashed through it . Quickly they landed, he rolled with the mare and sprung up, holding the bat mare in his hands he carefully set her down, she stumbled off a second, straightened out...then fell over.

“Uh...sorry for the entrance, thought she was going to grab me!” The dragon chuckled, clanks of armor sounded off and his eyes snapped open, he ducked low and tossed a flash grenade into the air, his wings flew over his face.

*CRACK!*

He stood up, and in one swift motion, brought his claw to one of the guards stunned faces, knocking him unconscious. He grabbed the guard and threw him into the other, knocking the second guard unconscious as well. He spun in his heel, drawing his handgun and taking aim at the poor started black hole filled guard, who’s armor now sat loosely on as he blinked and looked around.

He glanced to the throne and his eyes widened as a massive white furred mare stared in utter surprise at the drake, her ears were against her head and her eyes were clear. She had avoided the flash bang.

“Uh...princess...I think I accomplished the mission!” Said the black big and pointed towards the drake, not realizing his form had changed. Quickly he caught on and looked at his hoof, “Maybr I should have taken some of Topazes love like she offered...no that is not a guests appropriate behavior...” the stallion muttered, blinking and removing his helmet, “I surrender under the contract of the crown.” He announced without pause.

“Uhhhhh....” was the response of the Alicorn, her eyes wide let’s confused comprehension, looking between the guards, the changeling who had been Idol hooves not minutes ago, and the drake who had been responsible with for the unconscious guards and the now passed out Lieutenant silverwing.

“Oh princes I am here for that 10:00 pm me-“ a palace aid entered the throne room, closing the doors behind him as he turned to look at the room. He paused and looked at the scene, sighed, turned around and pulled the door open, “NOPE! FIRST NIGHTMARE MOON TURNED ME INTO A STATUE, THAN DISCORD MADE ME A CHICKEN, IM NOT INVOLVED IN WHATEVER IS HAPPENING IN HERE!” He screamed back as he closed the door with a slam.

Silence descended upon the room, smothering everyone inside. It was soon breached by a massive blue flash accompanied by a loud CRACK, as another alicorn joined the room.

“SISTER I BRING NEWS OF GR-“ she paused and stopped to look around, blinking and groaning. “Sister I thought we agreed you need to keep your odd fantasies to yourself!” She said with a grumble, shaking her head, her her horn glowed and she paused, looking it the drake, then the metal stick. “oh dear...”