• Published 29th Sep 2019
  • 951 Views, 17 Comments

Don't Mess Up - ABadger



Twilight TRIES to learn Chaos Magic

  • ...
0
 17
 951

The Best Reaction

Twilight gawked at Discord. Her mouth slightly agaped while she stared dumbfounded at the ex-Lord of Chaos.

She had just been the first pony to witness Discord's incredible speech about the Fundamentals of Chaos Magic.

Except there wasn't actually much talk about Chaos Magic. Instead the speech consisted of crazed explanations of Not Messing Up, Backhanded Remarks, and some pony named Starswung the Moustachioed, who sounded like a bootlegged version of Starswirl the Bearded.

"So what do you think Princess," - Discord blew out LITERAL raspberries at Twilight as he said Princess - "Do you think I'm ready for my PonTalk this weekend"

Twilight blinked.

Then she blinked again.

Then she blinked five more times.

Her mouth finally closed and she came to one conclusion.

After all the talks about Messing Up, and Messing Directions, and Drinking until you find love; which, somehow relates to Messing Up, she decided it would be best if she made her opinion on Discord's PonTalk Speech as clearly as possible.

"WHAT THE BU-"

Author's Note:

This was, basically, all of my friend's reactions when I asked them to proofread my story.

Also if you REALLY want an explanation for the Messing Directions then Fine. Although Personally I think it's better left ambiguous.



Messing Up - This Refers to making a mistake in general, as long as it isn't confusing the different Messing Directions

Messing Down - This refers to messing up the messing directions. If you say Messing Up when its really Messing Left, then you Messed Down.

Messing Right - This refers to making multiple mistakes at once. Usually either within a given time period or within the same sentence.

Messing Left - This is when you make a mistake, but you admit that you made a mistake. This refers to the whole 'A mistake is only a mistake if you don't try to improve'. Any Messing Direction can be Messing Left, but only if you recognize the mistake.

Comments ( 12 )

This might be the most condensed chaos I have ever seen. 3544655/10 Would ask Discord to help teach again.

I've actually gone bananas reading this. Excellent work. Time to throw myself into the Warp. :pinkiecrazy:

Time to go and Mess Left... I think?

Comment posted by ABadger deleted Sep 30th, 2019

9858185
Gone Bananas?

Good.

9857976
Oh my goodness

The famed 3544655/10 review

9857963
:facehoof: I'm Surrounded By Idiots
:pinkiecrazy: Idiots Who Don't Mess Up


9858342
Messing Left is good, try to Mess Left and not Mess Up. And definitely Don't Mess Right.

9862561

An accurate representation of my friends reaction while reading this.

I could actually understand most of Discord's talk. I still read the note to make sure I got evertything, though. I think that is a very imporant lesson.

9862779
:rainbowlaugh:
:twilightblush: CAN'T SCREW UP IF YOU DON'T TRY
:duck::moustache: And Spikey always gets top billing
:facehoof:

9862868

I tried to make it consistent, and I hope that it succeeded. I think part of the comedy is just the fact that its so confusing but I think understanding it makes the story more elegant. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Login or register to comment