• Published 20th Aug 2019
  • 975 Views, 3 Comments

An Innocent Glow:A New Semester - CozyGlow57



Since the summer holidays are over,the School of Friendship has opened its doors once again

  • ...
0
 3
 975

Chapter 9:The Defeat Of Sombra

The mane Six and Discord entered the throne room.

"Okay, "King" Sombra!" Rainbow Dash said "Time to give up the crown!"

"Here to fight the good fight with nothing but your wits?Admirable, but foolish!" said King Sombra.

"Well, I guess it's on me to be the MVP today. I was betting on you, and I do hate being wrong.Although if you think about it, I am your friend, so maybe you win because friendship wins? Although Fluttershy should get most of the credit for that. She's my favorite." Discord said. Sombra aimed his magic directly at her, and Discord jumped in the way, taking the full brunt of the blast and falling. The Mane Six gasped and ran over to him
"Discord!" Fluttershy exclaimed.

"Not even the Lord of Chaos can stand against me! I am truly the most powerful creature in Equestria!" King Sombra exclaimed. Then he covered the thrones in crystals.

"Discord!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

"We need you!" Twilight Sparkle said.

"Oh, please wake up, please wake up…" Fluttershy said,then gasped "Discord!"

"I'm so glad you're okay!" Twilight Sparkle said "We can't beat him without you!"

"You couldn't beat me with him, either" King Sombra said.

"It would appear that you're on your own." Discord said "I have nothing left to give."

"That's it, then? We're doomed?" said Applejack.

"Of course you are." King Sombra said "I can't believe it's taken you this long to realize it. Now, how shall I eliminate all this clutter in my throne room?"

"Listen to me. You don't need me. You don't need the princesses, and you certainly don't need the Elements." Discord said "Fluttershy, you will always be kind. Applejack, you will always be honest. Rarity, you'll always be generous. And Rainbow Dash will be loyal as can be. Pinkie will always bring laughter wherever she goes. And Twilight… you are and always will be the embodiment of magic. You lost sight of what's in front of you. You're here, together, willing to give everything you've got for Equestria. Nothing and nopony can ever take that away from you, because that's who you are."

"It's going to take more than a sentimental speech to save you." King Sombra said.

"Discord's right. We've proven time and time again that the real magic is the six of us working together!" Twilight Sparkle said "With these girls by my side, I'm not afraid of you! I'm not afraid of what you can do or how much power you have!"

"You should be." King Sombra said. Then he blasted her with magic but Twilight blocked it.

"You may knock us down, but we're gonna get back up again! And again! And again! As long as we're together, we will never stop trying to defeat you!" Twilight Sparkle said. Twilight joined hooves with her friends, and the magic within them ignited similarly to the Elements of Harmony from their resolve to protect Equestria. With a declaration of "friendship is magic!", the Mane Six's magic eradicated Sombra to dust, dispeled his black crystals around the land, and freed the mind-controlled ponies (and creatures) from his spell.

"What are we doing here?" Cozy Glow asked.

Two hours later, at the School of Friendship Cozy Glow was hanging out with the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

"I can't believe King Sombra returned. Again." Cozy Glow said.

"I'm just glad eveything is alright again." Sweetie Belle said. Apple Bloom, Scootaloo and Cozy Glow nodded in agreement. Then the four of them continued talking. Meanwhile,at Grogar's lair…

"Now I'll say something nice about centaurs. Tirek, you say something nice about changelings. And Chrysalis, you say something nice about ponies!" Patty Peppermint said.

"Never!" Chrysalis exclaimed.

"Let us hope the three of you will be enough for my plans." Grogar said.

"And what of King Sombra?" Chrysalis asked.

"Did he succeed?" Tirek asked.

"Hah!" Grogar said. Then he showed them the moment of Sombra's defeat with his crystal ball "I'd say he gambled and lost! But at least he can serve as a warning to those who doubt continuing with my plans. Unless any of you have doubts."

"Uh, not I." Tirek said.

"Nope!" Chrysalis said.

"I'm good!" Patty Peppermint exclaimed.

"Then we shall join forces and work together to bring Equestria to its knees!" Grogar said. The he started laughing evilly. Patty,Tirek and Chrysalis nervously joined him.

Comments ( 1 )

i wanna see the ending of the end.

Login or register to comment