• Published 20th Aug 2019
  • 976 Views, 3 Comments

An Innocent Glow:A New Semester - CozyGlow57



Since the summer holidays are over,the School of Friendship has opened its doors once again

  • ...
0
 3
 976

Chapter 4:The Deal

"I am so sorry, but the name 'Grofar'? It just doesn't ring any bells" Patty Peppermint said.

"Grogar! I have been away too long if my name no longer strikes fear into the heart of a pony. Perhaps a demonstration of power is in order?" Grogar said, then he fed Tirek with a sample of magic that turned him into his second form. Tirek kissed his bisceps.

"Grogar is ancient and extremely powerful. The land that would become Equestria was a mere collection of farms and pastures until he declared himself emperor of all he saw." Tirek said "I remember hearing tales of his tyranny when I was young"

"I have also heard of the first Emperor of Equestria. The "Father of Monsters"." King Sombra said.

"I gave life to the foulest of creatures and allowed them to run wild, taking what they wanted and destroying the rest. My reign was a glorious, fear-soaked epoch of darkness in Equestria" Grogar said.

"Ha! Until Gusty the Great rose up and banished you" Queen Chrysalis said.

"That fool believed taking my bell would defeat me!" Grogar said "But she only weakened me temporarily."

"Um, Tirek is really old" Patty Peppermint said,then she turned towards Tirek "no offense, you look great" Then she continued talking to Grogar "but if he knew about you when he was young, we have super different ideas about what "temporarily" means."

"Silence! I've spent millennia gathering power, biding my time, waiting for the perfect opportunity to seize control of Equestria!" Grogar said "And watching all of you. I've seen each of your humiliating defeats at the hooves of six puny ponies. And do you know why they've always bested you?"

"Because they cheat!" Queen Chrysalis exclaimed.

"Because they are annoyingly lucky" Lord Tirek said.

"They weren't the ones who defeated me, so…" Patty Peppermint said.

"It is because they work together" Grogar said "Where one is weak, another is strong, and thus unified, they are a formidable force! But we shall use their own strategy to defeat them"

"What are you suggesting?" Queen Chrysalis asked.

"I suggest nothing" Grogar said "I demand that you join me, and together, Equestria will be ours!"

"I don't do "ours". I only do mine." King Sombra said "I will take back the Crystal Empire on my own, and I will destroy any pony who gets in my way!"

"Such confidence. Go! Try to take back your kingdom" Grogar said "I shall send you there myself. If you prevail, you may keep it. But when you fail, you will submit to me!"

"And if I refuse this deal?" King Sombra asked.

"Then I shall return you to the darkness from which you were summoned" Grogar said.
"Fine! But this is a waste of time, as I will crush those who defy me. I will defeat all who get in my way! I'm— " King Sombra said but he was sent away by Grogar before he could finish his sentenceç

"I advise the rest of you to prepare to work together!" Grogar exclaimed.

"Well, working together sounds an awful lot like making friends, so... you two are in luck, because I know all about that!" Patty Peppermint said.