• Published 20th Aug 2019
  • 977 Views, 3 Comments

An Innocent Glow:A New Semester - CozyGlow57



Since the summer holidays are over,the School of Friendship has opened its doors once again

  • ...
0
 3
 977

Chapter 8:The Lord Of Chaos Appears

The Mane Six gasped as they saw what had happened to Ponyville

"Apple Bloom! It's me! Look at me, sugarcube! Twilight, you gotta free her! Please!" said Applejack. Twilight tried to use her magic to free Apple Bloom from Sombra's mind control but failed.

"I... I can't! Without the Elements, my magic isn't strong enough to stop Sombra's!" Twilight Sparkle said "Spike! Spike, where are you going? Starlight? Our students?"

"We must lay siege to Canterlot." Starlight Glimmer said in a monotone voice. The students of the School of Friendship were following her.

"No! Snap out of it, you guys!" Twilight Sparkle said "You're stronger than his magic!"

"Sweetie Belle, please stop!" Rarity said "I can't get her to stop! I can't get her—!"

"None of us can. We can't reach them!" Twilight Sparkle said. Then they heard Pinkie Pie scream from the distance and ran towards her.

"He made them bake a black licorice fruitcake that says "Congratulations to Our Favorite Supreme Emperor King Sombra" in green frosting!" Pnkie Pie said, sobbing "It's the ugliest cake I've ever seen!"

"Twilight, this is bad! Like, really bad!" said Rainbow Dash.

"I've never been so sad in my whole life!" Fluttershy said, sobbing.

"I don't know what to do! I don't know how to free them, but I don't know how to stop Sombra!" Twilight Sparkle said "We were so sure that we could win! Well, this is exactly what I was afraid of! Could anything else possibly go wrong?!"

"Well... With the Tree of Harmony gone, the Everfree Forest could grow out of control and threaten the town!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed.

"Darling, that's oddly specific." said Rarity. Then Pinkie Pie turned Raritys head towards the Everfree Forest. The Mane Sİx gasped as they saw that the Everfree Forest had gotten out of control.

"Even if we figure out how to defeat Sombra and bring everypony back to Ponyville, if we don't stop the forest, there won't be a Ponyville to come back to!" Twilight Sparkle said. Rainbow Dash flied towards a stand,grabbed some gardening tools and flied back to her friends.

"Ahem." Rainbow Dash said.

"For our friends!" Fluttershy exclaimed.

"For our families!" Applejack and Rarity exlaimed.

"For our home!" Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

"For Equestria!" Twilight Sparkle exclaimed.

"Equestria!" The Mane Six exclaimed as they ran towards the Everfree Forest with gardening tools. With his army of mind-controlled ponies, King Sombra layed siege upon Canterlot.

"You two! Break it down!" King Sombra said to Big Macintosh and Yona. A few minutes later, King Sombra had entered the throne rook but Princess Celestia and Princess Luna weren't there.

"They've fled! Celestia and Luna are too cowardly to even stand against me! Equestria is mine!" King Sombra said, laughing maniacally. Back in Ponyville, the Mane Six continued to hold off the Everfree Forest's invading vines, but the vines were growing faster than they could keep up with. All of a sudden, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna arrived to help them with their efforts.

"I know we're used to handling things on our own, but I've never been happier to see two ponies in my whole life!" Applejack exclaimed. Star Swirl teleported next to her.

"Nopony is meant to handle this on their own!" Star Swirl said.

"Star Swirl! The Tree of Harmony, it's—!" said Twilight Sparkle.


"I know. I alerted the princesses as soon as I could." Star Siwrl said I felt it when it happened. Like part of my essence just ceased to be."

"I know what you mean." Twilight Sparkle said "I'm sorry."

"Don't be. I've more than enough magic in me to keep the Everfree Forest under control." Star Swirl said.

"You can do that?" Twilight Sparkle asked.

"The Pillars and I planted the Tree of Harmony.Who do you think kept the Forest under control before it did?"
Star Swirl said "It will take time, but with the princesses' help, I can keep it at bay!"

"Aw, yeah!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed "Go get 'em, beardy!"

"Sombra's back, and he's taken control of all of our friends!" Twilight exclaimed

"We've left Canterlot defenseless!" Princess Luna exclaimed.

"Twilight, you must go! Defend Equestria, and we shall contain the forest." Princess Celestia said.

"At least now we're back to just one problem!" Pinkie Pie said. Then Twilight had teleported herself and her friends to Canterlot's city limits, where their mind-controlled friends,families and students had been blocking their entry into the city. The ponies couldn't bring themselves to fight back against their loved ones, instead trapping them in nets and turning their force on each other. Then Twilight had teleported them into Canterlot Castle.

"I'm sorry we couldn't help our friends, but I didn't know what else to do." said Twilight Sparkle.

"At least we're inside." Applejack said.

"Yeah! All we have to do now is defeat King Sombra!" Pinkie said,then she nervously laughed.

"I... We..." Twilight Sparkle said.

"Oh, my. No Elements? No princesses?" Discord said "Seems like you're in a bit of a pickle! Or are you in... ...more of a jam? Mmm!"

"Discord! I'm so glad to see you!" Twilight Sparkle said "We could really use some all-powerful Lord of Chaos help right now!"

"Moi? Oh, I couldn't possibly." Discord said.

"Oh, poodles!" Pinkie Pie said as she looked at the mind controlled guards guarding the door to the throne room.

"Discord, please!" Twilight exclaimed.

"Oh, fine. Just to be clear, I was really rooting for you to do this on your own and parlay that confidence boost into being the best protectors of Equestria you can be." said Discord.

"A little less talking and a little more helping?!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed. Discord snapped his fingers and took care of the guards.

"Thank you, Discord!" Fluttershy said.

"I don't know what we'd do without you!" Twilight Sparkle said. Then they started walking towards the throne room.