• Published 13th Aug 2019
  • 553 Views, 22 Comments

Fate's Shadow! - Shadow_lulamoon



Misfortune follows Shadow and his companions. Through these trials Shadow may find his purpose.

  • ...
3
 22
 553

The dungeon house blues!

Crystal Empire, Alternate Future

Shadow chained and shackled was led deeper into the bowels of the castle by four guards. One in the front of and behind Shadow with the other two flanking his left and right sides. The dimly lit walls were ensconced with torches every six feet. The scene was surreal and unmoving until the small group passed, causing torch flames to flicker and sputter. The darker the corridor got the more the air grew stagnant and damp. A chill crept into his bones causing Shadow to shiver.

"You should be grateful! Princess Cadance is a benevolent ruler. Had you been in Canterlot Princess Celestia would have punished you for your treason," said the female guard standing to Shadow's left.

"Hehe!" chuckled Shadow.

"Do you find something amusing, scum?" asked the guard from the right.

"Surprisingly, I do."

"Care to enlighten us?" chided the female guard from the left.

"Not really! Trying to explain something to dumb asses such as yourselves is a waste of brain power," said Shadow, nonchalantly.

"Try me," hissed the guard lowering her spear so that the tip was a centimeter from the shackled unicorn's nose.

Unfazed, Shadow shrugged. "I find it laughable that you dolts would think that I am afraid of Celestia. The last time I saw that old shrew, she was eating dirt after she challenged me and weakness breeds stupidity," sneered Shadow.

"Watch your tongue, scum. I will not tolerate your insolence against Princess Celestia," growled the left guard, thrusting her spear into Shadow's rear flank.

The young stallion winced slightly, glaring at the guard. "Cadance said unharmed!"

"Too bad for you we report directly to Captain Armor," sneered the rear guard.

Shadow bit his cheeks, cutting off his retort. "Now isn't the time," screamed his rational side.

Mistaking the young stallion's silence as a sign of surrender the left guard forcefully shoved Shadow forward. "Good boy!"

Shadow, eyes gleaming with violet flames glared at the guard causing her to momentarily flinch.

********************

Little light filtered through the metal bars casting shadows across the cell walls. Ira lay wallowing in her own filth wondering where everything in her life went wrong.

"Is this the right choice? ... What if Aubree is correct and there is another way? ... NO! Revenge is all I know, all ... I ... have ... left."

The fuchsia unicorn stomped her hoof, full of determination and defiance. "This damn collar is chafing, cutting off circulation to my brain. I will not be swayed by the words of a traitor. I refuse to curl up and die." Iridescent rubbed the raw area of her neck where the metal bindings bit into her flesh. The time spent entombed in the darkness beneath the castle left the unicorn weak and powerless. The constant, cold dampness had seeped into her causing Ira to go numb. The only thing keeping the unicorn going were her thoughts of revenge but with her chains binding her magic Ira was stuck. The sound of voices echoed through the cell, interrupting her thoughts. Ira squinted, as a painful light appeared from the entrance to the dungeon. Metal keys clinked and jangled in the lock as the metallic wooden door creaked open. Ira felt stronger somehow as energy seeped into her from an unknown source. Eyes adjusting to the stinging light the unicorn's luck was about to change.

********************

Aubree landed on the balcony outside the window. Sensing the magic warding off intruders, the alicorn summoned forth a bit of her own magic. Like the gentle caress of a kiss Aubree let her power go. Her magic flowed into the seal weaving through its magical blueprint. Seconds later the structure of the formulae broke down, shattering the seal.

"It would seem all of those boring magic lessons paid off after all" giggled, the alicorn. No longer impeded Aurora unlocked the window. With a gentle nudge Aubree entered. Warm sunlight bathed the room in front of the young mare with brilliance. The scenery held the illusion of peace and tranquility. Sensing the magical traps and alarms, Aubree knew better. "Damn this place is more protected than the Canterlot National Bank during the holidays."

An icy blue glow illuminated her horn, releasing a fine magical mist. Several areas released the same bluish color revealing where all the obstructions lay waiting for the unfortunate soul who triggered them without permission. "Wow someone really doesn't want anyone in here. I wish Ira was here, I suck at making plans... and I really can't afford to alert the powers that be."

Aubree scanned the area. Thirty paces to her right was the double doors glowing a brilliant blue, leading out of the room. "You would think the seals on the window would be stronger than the one on the door, okie dokie lokie." The alicorn released a soft giggle as she was reminded of her aunt Pinkie Pie. Centered, with the headboard against the wall to her left Aubree found who she was looking for, Flurry Heart asleep on the bed.

Aubree made her way around the traps, disenchanting only the ones that impeded her. Every spell she erased was one more alarm that would alert whoever cast the spells in the first place. Reaching her objective, The alicorn lowered her head, whispering.

"Flurry Heart! Flurry Heart! Airstorm One to Flurry heart, hello."

Snoring

"Damn it all! Why is nothing ever easy?"

The young mare gave the sleeping princess a shake and nudge. Flurry, unfazed remained asleep.

"She must be under a sleep spell." Aurora Breeze scanned the princess with her magic. The sleeping form exuded a bright blue aura like the spells scattered around the room.

"Just as I thought" sighed Aubree.

"If I break the spell now guards would surely swarm in from outside."

The young mare scratched her head in thought.

"Ah ha, that might work."

Her horn glowed an icy blue ripping a small tear in reality. The sleeping Flurry Heart, bed and Aubree were consumed by the anomaly, wrapping them in darkness.

"Ceres lights, please!"

A disembodied voice replied, "sure thing."

The dark space was illuminated bathing the alicorns with simulated natural light.

"Thank you very much Ceres."

A voice responded on Aubree's left from a wood table. "You are most welcome."

"I love technology," chimed Aurora.

Focusing on Flurry Heart the young mare attempted to dispel the sleep aura. Upon release the counter spell popped like a fire cracker, rebounding off Flurry as a lightning bolt. The reflected spell hit Aubree in the posterior, eliciting a yep of pain from the alicorn. "What the shit?" scoffed Aubree rubbing the burnt spot with her right hoof.

"Why does everything have to be so difficult..."

The young mare repeated the spell, leading to the same result.

Aubree sat down next to the sleeping princess, annoyed.

"Damn it, magic is Ira's specialty not mine. There has to be away..."

Aubree thought about what Ira would do. "Start from the beginning and retrace your steps." The young mare played back the entire encounter.

"A focused spell won't work, but I was able to physically touch her. Neither method worked. What am I missing?"

"Think outside the box you dope," said an imaginary Ira.

"Even in my mind she berates me, but that could work," chimed, Aubree.

Aurora lowed her head, touching her horn to Flurry's. A bright light lit up the room, winking out just as fast.

********************

Iridescent squinted through the piercing light as two guards stepped in, followed by another pony trailed by two more guards. The unicorn's eyes widened at the newcomer.

"He's here," thought Ira.

Shadow passed under the stone entryway, entering the dungeon. The air reeked of rotten excrement. The stallion choked on his vomit as the stench assaulted his senses. Shadow stepped away from the guards retching as he dry heaved. Little pools of fluid dripped to the cold floor as beads of sweat soaked his brow.

"Would you look at that. Mr. big shot can't stand a little stink," teased one of the guards, eliciting a chuckle from her fellows.

"Smell, smell, you call that a little smell? that is the stench of rot and decay you freak," growled Shadow.

"Watch your tongue, scum," chided the same mare stabbing her spear into Shadow's side.

"Do that one more time, you shit ass and your carcass will join that smell," threatened Shadow, violet flames dancing in his eyes.

"You want to challenge us," replied the second guard lowering his spear tip towards the unicorn.

The sound of chains stretching taunt echoed off the walls as a strained raspy voice interrupted the group.

"Don't you dare! That piece of shit is mine to kill!"

Shadow along with the guards looked at the cell where the feminine voice came from.

Shadow's eyes widened in surprise as green, glowing, flames illuminated Iridescent Dusk.

"Frack me!" sighed Shadow.

********************

Dreams flow like a river, ever changing, never stopping. A young mother cries handing over her daughter to a pair of strangers. "Nova Shine please forgive me!" Images and voices continue to meander on, riding the passage of time. Ever changing never stopping.

********************

The blurry image of a girl appeared, fading in and out. Eyes blinked as the girl spoke, jarring Flurry Heart awake.

"Flurry Heart, Flurry heart, Flurryyyyy Heart wake uppppp" sang the voice.

Hhhnn! Wha... what?"

"It's about time you, lazy head."

"What are you talking about?" asked Flurry dazed.

"You were asleep for quite a while. I almost didn't think that you would wake up here either."

"Here? Where am I?"

"On the astral plane."

"Sha... dow?"

"Errrnt! Not even close but that is one reason I am here."

Flurry blinked, shaking away the grogginess. The figure blurred speaking gibberish that Flurry couldn't discern.

"Stop moving, so I can see you."

"I'm not moving. I am sitting right here you, goofball."

"Twinkle?"

"Wrong again."

"Stop playing games with me Zany. My head is pounding."

"O for three Princess."

Flurry glared at the moving images before her, concentrating. Finally, the images solidified into a single girl. Her vibrant ruby eyes twinkled as she smiled back. Her long flowing blue hair streaked with silver curled at the ends stopping just below her shoulders. Flurry recognized the voice and the features of the human seemed familiar.

"Who? ... Aubree? Oh, my dear Celestia!" shouted Flurry Heart raising her hands, backing away in fear. The young woman paused, raising her hands. "Hands? ... Am I human again?"

"Again?" asked the girl sitting across from her.

"Yes. Last time I was in this place... Shadow..." replied Flurry Blushing.

"The moment of conception!" teased the girl.

The Princess gazed up from her pastel pink fingers at her companion. The girl was dressed in a yellow blouse and an indigo skirt. Her infectious smile drained away Flurry's fear.

"Is that you Aubree?" asked Flurry reaching out her right hand to touch the girl.

Aurora grasped the princess's offered appendage with her left hand, placing it at the side of her face. "Yea, I am here."

Flurry felt the damp warmth of tears between her fingers. Her hand, taking on a mind of its own, stroked Aubree's tear stained cheek, comforting the girl.

"Why am I compelled to do this?" thought Flurry, choking back tears of her own.

********************

"Oh, look the other scum wants a piece of you as well. You really get around," said the female guard jabbing Shadow with her spear, again.

"HE IS MINE TO TORTURE, BITCH!" roared Ira.

The unicorn's restraints grated and groaned as magical metal began to sizzle and peel from the wall. one of the male guards stood slack jawed at what was happening.

"How is she doing that? Those bindings are made to impede magic."

"Don't just stand there! Suppress the prisoner!" shouted the female guard shoving Shadow aside.

The lite blue stallion crashed against the wall and crumpled to the floor.

"What the hell?" growled Shadow.

The four guards unlocking the cell, rushed in spears first. Iridescent hiss in pain as metal bit into flesh. Old wounds dripped blood onto the stone floor, anew. Not knowing why Shadow felt compelled to help the mare who wanted him dead.

"Don't you dare touch her!" The rear female guard, whom had berated Shadow the whole trek turned to face the unicorn.

"Would you look at that the scum has a crush on the prisoner. You really are a heathen. Did you rape the unicorn, like you did to Princess Flurry Heart?"

Shadow glared in defiance; restraints released. "Repercussions be damned! I don't care!" Energy flared up, flames erupted, surrounding Shadow. while on the other side of the guards Ira consumed the flowing energy as green flames joined the violet.

"It's over! Echoed both ethereal voices.

Author's Note:

Here it is the next chapter after months. Life happend and between work and college It has been rough. I have some good scenese for the next chapter so I should be working on it soon. As always, feel free to coment and enjoy.