• Published 13th Aug 2019
  • 553 Views, 22 Comments

Fate's Shadow! - Shadow_lulamoon



Misfortune follows Shadow and his companions. Through these trials Shadow may find his purpose.

  • ...
3
 22
 553

Snowed In... Revelations! Part 5

Author's Note:

Finally here is the next part and it is long. As always like comment and such. Enjoy.

Iridescent Dusk woke with a severe migraine. The young mare attempted to rub her temples, but her hooves were chained to the ground.

"Just my fracking luck... I lose control, fail to destroy the target, run into Twinkle and get thrown and chained to the floor in prison... The worst thing... is Aubree is gone and I'm... all alone."

Ira's tears dotted the stone as her soft sobs echoed off the walls.

********************

Crystal Empire Medical Wing

The weather outside raged on as the royal family made their decision.

"With the snowstorm impeding us, I feel that the best way to honor our daughter is to burn her body in a ceremonial fire," said Shining Armor speaking softly to his wife.

Cadance, crestfallen only heard every other word her husband had said. With a sob caught in her throat the alicorn of love silently nodded in agreement.

As the captain of the guard levitated Flurry Heart's body off the bed, several shouts penetrated the closed door, reverberating off the walls.

"Halt, you are not permitted to pass."

"Stand down, I am Princess Flurry Heart," replied a male voice.

"What kind of sick humor do you have? Show some respect sir or you will spend some time in the dungeon."

"Do I look like I'm laughing? I said stand down! Don't make me use force knave," said Flurry raising her male sounding voice.

Within moments the hall on either side of the trio were swarming with palace guards. Twinkle watched as the scene unfolded and intense. Out of the corner of her eye she noticed the yellow electricity of anger glinting in the stallion's fuchsia eyes.

"Stand down this instant there has been enough loss recently," said Twinkle trying to dissipate the tension.

"I am sorry Princess Twinkle, but we are under strict orders not to let anypony else in the room."

"That's absurd! Twinkle isn't just anypony else... she is part of the royal family," replied Zany adding his own anger to the pot.

"Zany now isn't the time for trouble..." laughed Twinkle nervously.

"Either shut up or help us Twinkle," growled Flurry.

The guard looked to his compatriots for support, then in a commanding voice shouted," seize the troublemakers and lock them in the dungeon with the other one."

Before the guards could react, Flurry released her fury. Yellow lightening skipped over Twinkle and Zany while blasting away the guards in either direction. The door guard taking the brunt of the ethereal magic disappeared out of site and the door exploded inwards.

********************

Shining armor erected a barrier just in time, protect himself and Cadance as wooden shrapnel and a lone guard bounced harmlessly off the invisible shield.

"What is the meaning of this?" demanded Shining Armor.

"No time for pleasantries father I need to secure my body."

Appalled that a stallion he hardly knew would call him father, Shining glared down at his niece.

"Sorry Uncle..." said Twinkle meekly.

"Don't apologize Twinkle those guards were out of line."

"Out of line? ... Shadow... NO FLURRYYYYY... YOU'RE THE ONE WHO IS OUT OF LINE. LIKE ALWAYS, YOUR HOTHEADNESS AND RECKLESS ACTIONS ARE THE PROBLEM HERE, NOT THE GUARDS," snapped Twinkle.

"I'm glad you finally believe me, dear cousin," replied Flurry.

"Only you would charge headlong into trouble without thinking..." grumbled Twinkle.

Zany softly chuckled to himself under his stoic facade.

The atmosphere in the room abruptly changed as Cadance the Princess of Love let her emotions boil over. Cadance, her voice barely a whisper but loud enough to get her point across said "How dare you? ... How dare you barge in here causing havoc and spouting such nonsense. My daughter is dead and you three have the nerve to disrespect our funerary arrangements. And you Twinkle I expect more from you!"

Twinkle, never witnessing her aunt's ire cowered behind Zany, whom remained as still as a statue. "Not even her own mother instills fear in her," laughed Zany internally.

Flurry on the other hand remained unphased at her mother's outburst but panicked over the mention of a funeral.

"You can't have a funeral," shouted Flurry.

"You three have no say in the matter," said the stern voice of Shining Armor as he enveloped the trio in a shield bubble.

"What is the meaning of this father?"

"Listen kid I'm not your father and until the ceremony is over with, you three will remain here."

"What? Wait, no... you can't," replied Flurry.

"Guards" ordered Shining Armor.

Several golden clad ponies of varying size entered the small space.

Keep an eye on our guests... If they try anything only use as much force as necessary but don't injure them... Twili would never forgive me if Twinkle was hurt..."

For a brief instant Cadance looked from her husband to the young ponies trapped in the barrier. Before she could speak Shining cut her off.

"I know what you're thinking Cay but... young ones must learn when too much, is too much and take responsibility for their actions.

"WHAT IN THE NAME OF TARTARUS DO YOU THINK I'M DOING!" roared Flurry Heart.

Ignoring the complaints of the trio the royals left the room, leaving Flurry and her friends at the mercy of the guards.

"Frack!" said Flurry banging her head against the shield.

"I don't think swearing and banging your head is going to help us," replied Twinkle.

The glare from Flurry's fuchsia eyes silenced the alicorn.

"Look on the bright side Flutter Nutter, now we get to add grave robbing to our ever-growing list of crimes," said Zany with a sly smile.

"You don't get it Zany," said Twinkle.

"What?"

"The ground is frozen due to the storm."

"What does that have to do with anything Twinkle Toes?"

"Frack me," groaned Flurry.

"What are you two talking about?" grumbled Zany.

"They are going to burn my body..."

"Oh frack..." replied Zany.

********************

The smell of cooking meat assaulted Shadow's nose as he slowly stirred.

"Yum... Bacon!"

The burning sting of pain caused Shadow's eyes to widen in fear as the scent of smoked meat grew stronger. The alicorn's gaze explored the large room for only a second, then lingered on the burning pyre he was lying on.

"Damn that's not breakfast cooking... that's me."

Shadow willed his body to move but nothing happened.

The intense heat and searing pain reached unbearable levels that Shadow had never before felt.

"Damn it! Do something" screamed Shadow to himself.

In a blinding flash of purple, the pyre exploded outward leaving Shadow in Flurry's body suspended in midair.

"What in the name of Celestia" shouted Shining Armor.

Realizing he was flying, Shadow lost his focus, crashing to the ground. Battered and singed the pink alicorn panted heavily from exhaustion.

Wide eyed and surprised Cadance galloped over to Flurry's body, embracing Shadow in a warm hug. "Oh, Floopy Dear you're alive".

"I can't... breath," croaked Shadow.

"I'm sorry" said Cadance loosening her grip just a bit.

"What is going on here, Flurry? You were dead... and now you're not. What manner of dark magic is at work here?" said Shining gawking at Shadow.

"Why are they calling me Flurry... oh right... For now, I should just play along," thought Shadow.

"Any longer and I would have been dead," growled Shadow.

Shining Armor gazed into the blue eyes of Shadow.

"Flurry honey I'm sorry... I only wanted to honor your death in the best way possible."

Shadow bit his tongue preventing the venomous response he had ready. "I need to keep a level head... it’s not their fault their daughter failed at her task..."

Shadow closed his eyes, taking slow calming breaths.

"Did Shadow come to you?" asked the alicorn.

The captain of the guard's posture stiffened as he glowered at the mention of the light blue unicorn.

"That blasted ingrate did more than just come to us..." seethed Shining.

"Ingrate? You're just like that stuck up bitch Celestia... condescending and judgmental," growled Shadow.

Shining, feeling the biting sting in his chest stepped back, defeated at Shadow's words. "I'm sorry you think so poorly of me honey."

Cadance's calm visage went from her husband to her daughter. “Why is Flurry so passionate about this?" Cadance scrutinized the young mare's blue eyes for a moment, her eyes widened just a bit as she put two and two together. "you're not Flurry, are you?" whispered Cadance.

Shadow switched his gaze to the princess next to him, pondering her stern expression. Choosing his words carefully Shadow replied, "Flurry is currently in my body and I need to get to her."

Wary, Cadance was about to deny the request but the genuine pleading look she received from Shadow changed her mind. "You have one chance to set everything right."

"Thank you Princess Cadance."

Shadow attempted once again to stand. Focusing on his slender legs the alicorn was able to extend the front pair allowing him to sit up. After a brief respite the back legs responded. "My balance is all messed up. How different could one pony's body be? ... " Shadow blushed when he finally realized he was in a female body. "... Besides the obvious... you dolt," thought Shadow.

********************

Furious, Flurry released a lightning spell trying to weaken the shields structure. The magic projectile bounced off the barrier, ricocheting twice before zapping Twinkle's posterior.

"Ouch! Do you mind Flurry? That's the third time I have been on the receiving end of your spells."

"That's because you have such an attractive personality Twinkle Toes," teased Zany.

"That means nothing coming from you, half-breed! You're worse than Flurry. I am covered from head to hoof with jam, marshmallow, and pie fillings," growled Twinkle.

"Sorry Twinkle Toes."

"Save your apology for somepony else. I know you targeted me on purpose."

"At least you boyfriend is doing something besides whining," chided Flurry Heart.

"I am not whining! I just want to know, how getting hit by sugary food, constitutes as helping?"

"Well my studious sweetheart, I can officially conclude that my experiment was a success. I have proven beyond a shadow of doubt that my chaotic magics cannot penetrate Shining Armor's shield," replied Zany summoning a pair of glasses on his face while speaking in a more formal yet stuck-up voice.

"You're so full of waste material Zany and you know it."

"Please doooo. elaborate my dear," said Zany shrugging.

"The probability that I am the only pony hit by spells is statistically improbable. Either you or Flurry should have been hit at least once," lectured Twinkle.

No sooner had the words escaped the alicorn's mouth, when a pocket dimension appeared above Twinkle, depositing an apple cream pie over her face.

"ZANY!"

"Oops..." said the half-breed trying to stifle a laugh, failing.

"You are so dead!"

Exasperated, Flurry face planted her head on the invisible barrier. "Ugh... I'm going to be stuck in this bookwormish body forever..." groaned Flurry Heart.

********************

"I really hope that won't be the case," replied a feminine voice.

Flurry raised her head at the sound of her own voice. "What in the name of Celestia?" asked Flurry staring at herself.

"Awkward!" muttered Zany.

""Shadow? asked Flurry, ignoring Zany's remark.

"Mostly," replied Shadow with a humorless expression and a hint of irritation.

"What's with the attitude?"

"You fail at following simple tasks Princess!" growled Shadow.

"That's easy for you to say! Do you think I had a choice being imprisoned by my father's magic shield? Besides you're one to talk! At least your coat, mane and tail aren't marred and singed black," fumed Flurry raising her voice.

"You most certainly did have a choice. It’s your fault we are in this mess to begin with Flurry Heart... If you would have shown just a shred of restraint and listened to me... Instead you charged in here destroying things and making demands," spat Twinkle.

"Eat you pie Twinkle and be quiet," replied Flurry.

Twinkle responded by flinging a clump of sugary gunk. The mass splattered Flurry in the face, temporarily blinding her. The light blue unicorn wiped the goop away, sneering at her cousin.

"It’s not so fun having pie in your eye now is it, dear cousin?"

"Twinkle!"

"You had that coming for quite a while now Flurry Heart," snarled Twinkle.

"If I wasn't stuck in her with you two, I would find the whole incident alluring," Smiled Zany.

"Shut up you pervert!" shouted Twinkle and Flurry at the same time.

"You three are all kinds of useless," chided Shadow.

"If anypony is useless it is you Shadow Lulamoon. You're the one who plopped me down into this frack fest of Tartarus, in your weak body. I was chased by a nightmare possessed Ira and assault by my own father and guards," replied Flurry Heart fuming.

"Oh, you, poor princess you had some minor difficulties and a little embarrassment. That is nothing to being roasted over an open fire like a slab of meat, you useless prude."

"Don't you dare mock me, you ass. It was embarrassing."

"You want to see embarrassing princess... How about I lick myself like a dog right here in front of everyone?"

"DON'T YOU DARE!"

The yellow and purple energy radiating from the arguing pair shorted out the barrier as the two energies collided.

"Will you two just get a room already... the sexual tension in here is nauseating," remarked Zany.

Cadance calm and collected remained silent until Zany's words caused her to sputter. "Is that what all of this is about."

Shining Armor entered the room just as he heard the words sexual tension. "What in Celestia's name is going on in here... I will not allow that kind of behavior in my castle."

With a glare from Flurry and Shadow, a ball of radiant energy swirling with yellow and purple, encircled the captain of the guard. It was you who trapped us in here and tried to burn the body without listening said Flurry and Shadow in unison sharing the same thoughts. Shining was lifted off the ground and flung into the hallway while furniture barricaded the doorway, preventing another living soul from entering the room.

Flurry, Shadow, please calm down there has been enough tragedy for one evening..."

Shadow's resolve cracked when he glanced at Cadance's sorrowful expression.

"My mother is right... Truce?"

"Until we fix our body swap" replied Shadow.

********************

Crystal Empire, Castle Library, Five hours later

Whatever daylight that peeked through the blinding snowstorm vanished as night set in. Twinkle Sparkle and company poured through every book in the palace library trying to find a spell on soul transfer.

Shadow and Flurry defeated, tossed their final books into the finished pile.

"This is the last book in my stack, and I have yet to find any spells or mentions of soul transfer" said Twinkle.

"Not much luck here either," replied Zany flipping through a picture book.

"Zany, that's a little foal's picture book..." scoffed Twinkle.

"Twinkle you can't expect much from somepony with the attention span of a slug," chided Flurry Heart.

"I can't argue with you there, Flurry."

"Would the city library have something?" asked Shadow in Flurry's body.

"Shadow, magic dealing with souls is a forbidden art and falls under dark magic. The only places that would have books on the topic will be in a well-guarded place or in a palace," replied Flurry.

"If you don't mind me asking. How did you accomplish a soul transfer Shadow?"

"I don't really know Twinkle. All that I know is that I was floating in the astral plane and somehow I just knew that I could do it."

"That is a bit vague. What exactly did you do?"

"I messed around with our silver threads."

"How is that possible? The silver threads are a pony's lifeline. If the cord breaks you die," replied Twinkle, her face contorted in shock.

"I did die Twinkle... but Shadow forced me back," said Flurry with sadness.

"Flurry..." said Twinkle embracing her cousin in a bear hug.

"All Shadow has to do is travel to the astral plane and fix everything problem solved," smiled Zany.

"That's easier said than done," grumbled Shadow.

"With the information I have obtained from the Twilight of your time, astral manipulation is a natural talent in your family. Astral travel should be doable," replied Twinkle.

"I don't know anything about my family's history, so I don't know how much is true and how much is false. All I know is that Oldman Starswirl said no matter how man dimensions there are and how many different versions of ourselves exist you share the same pool of astral essence. Once it is used up you and all your other selves will cease to exist. As far as the astral plane is concerned, I have only been the a few times. All of my visits were triggered by strong emotion connections with someone or near-death experiences."

"That is completely illogical. How can you manipulate the astral plane but not travel there willingly?"

"I don't think Shadow is incapable of astral travel. I believe it is because he doesn't have enough experience yet to attempt it dear cousin."

"You might be onto something Flurry but nopony here has the ability to teach Shadow."

"Nor do we have time for me to learn," mumbled Shadow.

Twinkle rubbed her chin with her right front hoof, contemplating their next move. The alicorn's expression suddenly changed as she lit up like a Christmas tree. A worried expression passed over Shadow's face as a shit eating grin appeared on Twinkle. "I have an idea that should theoretically work."

"I'm not going to like this am I?"

"Pfft! All we have to do is create an event that will trigger your subconsciousness to go to the astral plane," said Twinkle excitedly.

Shadow glared at the dark violet alicorn. "I am not getting thrown onto another fire nor I am I going to make out with you!"

"That's what Flurry Heart is for," replied Twinkle with a coy smile.

"Oh, this is getting good," said Zany matching his girlfriend's expression.

"Leave me out of your perverted games," scoffed Flurry, blushing.

"Come on Flurry. What happened to all that bluster you had? Don't you want your body back?" teased Twinkle.

"That's not funny Twinkle. How about we swap you and Zany and then have you kiss yourself," chided Flurry.

"It might be a tad embarrassing, but Zany is so full of himself that it really wouldn't be an issue."

Flurry stared at her cousin's mischievous smile for a moment before she tore her gaze from Twinkle. Her eyes met the sapphire blue gaze that was currently Shadow's eyes. Embarrassed the pair quickly averted their gazes.

"You two make is sound so easy," groaned Shadow.

"It really is!" Zany with a shit eating grin plastered across his face pulled Twinkle towards himself. Surprising the violet alicorn the young half-breed embraced her, planting his mouth on his girlfriends. Twinkle blushed as she passionately returned the kiss. Their tongues danced over each other’s teeth as they relished the intensity of the kiss.

Just as quickly Zany released the alicorn. Twinkle still enamored from Zany's antics collapsed to the floor with a loud thud as her head bounced off the table.

"See easy peasy, lemon squeezy" said Zany, smirking.

"ZANY!" shouted Twinkle rubbing the back of her head.

"Sorry my love, I slipped."

"You dropped me on purpose you half-breed."

"I plead the fifth."

"This isn't a court hearing Zany. You are one hundred and fifty three percent guilty."

"One hundred and fifty three percent? One hundred percent is perfect babe. For such studious alicorn your math is a bit off Twinkle Toes."

"Oh, my math is spot on Zany and it tells me that you shouldn't sleep tonight," said Twinkle with an evil possessed expression.

Zany's ears fell flat on head as he watched in fear as Twinkle smiled like a mad scientist. "Fracking dream walkers!" grumbled Zany.

Flurry, in her Shadow suit gestured to the door with her left hoof. Shadow nodded his understanding, crept to the entrance followed by Flurry Heart.

********************

"Wow that was intense. If I already hadn't known that they were a couple I would have thought that they were mortal enemies," chortled Shadow.

Softly closing the door Flurry replied, "Growing up they were mortal enemies. Zany was always bullying Twinkle. This one is mild compare to some of their spats."

The couple jumped as something large crashed against the door.

"You call that mild?"

Flurry chuckled nervously as she rubbed the back of her head with her right hoof.

"Is that how we sounded yesterday?"

"I wonder," replied flurry.

"I guess it really doesn't matter. How shall we proceed?" asked Shadow.

I'm not such but at least my mother was able to convince my father to give us our space to figure this out."

"I stand by what I told Twinkle earlier. We are not endangering our lives to travel to the astral plane."

"I agree wholeheartedly! My body has too many burn marks and singed hairs already," complained Flurry.

"Vain much," retorted Shadow with a smile.

"Perhaps," countered Flurry.

Shadow chuckle at the princess's words as he gazed into his own fuchsia pools. Flurry blushed more as her matching sapphire eyes lingered on her.

Shadow took the initiative and kissed Flurry. The princess's eyes widened in shock at the suddenness of the action. Her surprise faded as Flurry leaned in, enjoying the moment. Tiny bolts of electricity danced around the couple as the passion intensified. Reluctantly Shadow pulled away to catch his breath.

Flurry came off her emotional high when Shadow pulled away. "Wow!"

"I know," replied Shadow.

Hundreds of thoughts passed through her head while one screamed out louder than the rest. With a gleam in her eyes and a sultry voice "let’s find a more private place to continue this."

Shadow remained silent, gulping as Flurry heart led him away from the noisy library.

********************

Aurora Breeze's eyes shot open after days of being unconscious. Tiny droplets of joy moistened her eyes, dotting the soft pillow.

"Shadow saved her..."

********************

Iridescent Dusk heard the dungeon door open as the guard on duty brought her daily gruel to her.

"Sit tight knave while I slide you your meal."

"You know damn well I can't move you bastard," growled Ira.

"I know! I just like to hear scum like you complain about how unfair their life is," taunted the guard as she slid the gruel under the bars. The bowel slid across the smooth floor stopping next to Ira.

"Just you wait you bitch... I am going to rip out your teeth and cram them down your throat when I get out of here."

"All the criminals say that before they die of panic in here. You are no different. If I had my way you would have been executed days ago but luckily for you, we have a benevolent ruler."

"Celestia is a prude," scoffed Ira.

The guards face contorted in anger for a moment before she reigned in her emotions.

"I was talking about Princess Cadance not Princess Celestia.”

"She is even worse," taunted Ira.

The guards face contorted in anger as she lowered her spear, jamming between the metal bars.

Iridescent winced in pain as the pointed weapon bit into her flesh. Tiny droplets of blood spattered on the floor from the wound as the guard slowly removed her spear.

"Before I am finished here, I will kill you first! growled Ira through gritted teeth, feeling every agonizing bite of the bladed tip as it exited.

The guard looked at Ira like she had two heads. "Whatever you say scum," chortled the guard.

The dungeon fell silent again with the closing of the iron wrought door. Iridescent screamed with frustration, kicking her evening meal over.

"Fracking guard," seethed Ira.

Unbeknownst to Iridescent a lone figure watched from the shadows as the guard left. The dark violet unicorn calmed after several minutes letting her memories wash over her. Ira was unable to keep the tears from escaping as she reminisced about her sister "Oh Aubree..."

"I always knew your actions would land you behind bars little miss mopey pants," said a familiar voice from the shadows.

"I am in here because of you. You pain in my ass... scoffed Ira.

Realization dawned on Iridescent Dusk, her expression changing. "Aubree?"

"The one and only," replied the smiling face of Ira's sister.

Overcome with joy Iridescent forgot about her bindings and open wound as she rushed towards her sister. The metal chains pulled tight, yanked Ira to the floor. The young unicorn face planted against the cold stone as blood trickled down her chin from a bit tongue.

"Ouch! That looked like it hurt. Are you alright Ira?" asked Aubree with concern.

"Does it look like I'm alright?" growled Ira from the floor.

"There is no need to get snippy Iridescent. I was just worried about you," chided Aurora.

"Just shut up and get me out of here."

"You're the magic expert get yourself out," shrugged Aubree pretending to be hurt and uninterested.

"Your mind games don't work on me doofus... besides I have already tried to escape but the cell and chains seal my powers."

"Sucks to be you," said Aubree with a smile.

"Stop playing around Aubree we have a mission to complete."

"That's why I am here."

"Good, now please get me out."

"Although I am happy you said please... we need to talk."

"Ugh! Fine just make it fast Aubree. These chains chafe and I have to staunch the bleeding in my side."

Aurora Breezed cocked her head to the left, studying her sister. After several minutes of lingering silence Aubree hesitantly spoke "I will let you out under one condition..."

"What's that Aubree?" glared Ira.

"You stop trying to murder Shadow."

Ira's wrath poured from her glaring visage, sending shivers up Aubree's spine.

"After all we have endured... you get cold feet and threaten me into giving up my revenge?" seethed Ira.

"Cold feet would imply fear Ira and I am past being afraid of everything... most of all you. I spent some time bonding with Shadow while in the astral plane. He understands us. Whatever happened in our past wasn't Shadow's fault. He has lost just as much as we have."

"I don't want to hear your lame excuses Aubree... you weakling.”

Ignoring her sister's taunts Aubree remained strong in the face of adversity.

"So, do we have a deal, or will you remain in here?"

He abandoned us and you demand that I give him amnesty... frack you Aurora. FRACK YOU!" growled Ira.

"Shadow never willingly abandoned anyone," replied Aubree calmly.

"You don't know that."

"I don't have to know Ira because I feel it with all my heart."

"Your damn fool! Your blind faith has brought about your end Aubree."

"Perhaps, but Shadow saved us from ourselves as well as Flurry Heart."

"Saving Flurry Heart doesn't change anything."

"It does for me Ira... I will ask you one more time. Will you forget your revenge, or will you choose to rot behind bars?"

"Preach all you want. Shadow will die."

"Fine then I have nothing left to say to you Iridescent Dusk."

"I warn you now Aubree if you choose to side with the enemy, I will not hesitate to kill you as well."

"If that is how it must be then so be it... Goodbye Ira..."

Aubree left the darkness of the dungeon behind. Closing the iron door, the alicorn pressed her back up against the cold surface. Sliding to the ground Aurora let her tears free. The tiny droplets cascaded down her yellow cheeks creating tiny pools on the stone floor.

"I love you Ira ... forever and always."

********************

Sunset woke to the gleaming stars of the astral plane. The orange yellow unicorn was alone except for a crimson red thread that trailed from her horn to somewhere far off in the distance. Staring at the ethereal strand Sunset was hopeful it would lead her to the one she seeks.

"Shadow just has to be on the other side."

Sunset's hoof falls left little rippling pools as she galloped after the thread. Although time was irrelevant on the astral plane the anticipation made her trip feel like an eternity. What started with a joyful smile turned into a scowl as Shadow came into view. Standing next to the stallion was a pink alicorn with a curly pink main streaked with blue. Sunset froze, standing erect as she glared into the sapphire blue eyes of the alicorn.

"Shadow... it's good to see you. Who is your friend?" asked Sunset with a fake smile.

"Sunshim?" said Shadow.

Seeing Sunset filled Shadow with joy as well as the heartache he still felt as he gazed deeply into her aqua eyes.

"I am Princess Flurry Heart of the Crystal Empire," interrupted Flurry.

"I'm Sunset Shimmer... normally I would shake your hand... but ponies don't have them," said Sunset waving her right hoof for emphasis. The motion of her hoof slowed as it blurred, changing from a hoof to a human hand and back again. Shadow noticed the change at the same time as Sunset.

"What the heck?" said Sunset.

"That gives me an idea," said Shadow.

Shadow closed his astral eyes and willed his form to change. At first nothing happened then after a moment the stallion's astral form transformed from pony to human.

"Why didn't I think of this sooner. I am so glad to see you guys again," said Shadow with a smile as he wiggled his fingers.

"How is he able to change his astral form?" asked Flurry with a curious expression on her face.



"Augmenter of causality," said Sunset nonchalantly.

"What does that even mean? I have heard that title used a couple of times now."

"That is for me and Shadow to know," scoffed Sunset.

Flurry Heart studied Sunset for a moment, noticing the crimson thread. "The second crimson thread. Shadow must still care for her" thought Flurry as a dull ache seeped into her. "No, I won't give up so easily." Flurry filled with iron resolve stood strong and with her regal voice said, "Oh really... and just what is your relationship with Shadow?"

"It's... complicated," replied Sunset a little squeamishly.

"It can't be that complicated. From my understanding you and Shadow are not a couple."

"Like I said..."

"No, it's not! You used him for your own pleasure and then when you were through you ripped out his soul and destroyed it. You don't deserve Shadow," said Flurry lowering her voice so that only Sunset could hear.

"You're right I hurt him deeply... and I don't deserve him..."

Flurry's stern expression softened a bit as Sunset continued speaking.

"I couldn't help it... I was broken and Scared when Shadow confessed to me... I said the first thing that came to mind. Not a day goes by that I don't regret my actions... I love him... with all that I am," finished Sunset.

"You should go."

"Shadow needs to know," said Sunset gazing longingly at Shadow who was busy admiring his human features.

"You hurt Shadow enough. What good would it do to dredge up that pain you caused him?" said a saddened Flurry.

Sunset winced at Flurry's words and backed away. "Please I need..."

"I am sorry Sunset Shimmer I will not allow it."

Sunset stared at Flurry for a moment before stepping forward. Closing the gap, the unicorn touched her horn to Flurry, before the alicorn could react. Sunset's empathy geode magic flowed through her along with Flurry Heart's current memories. Learning all that she needed to know, Sunset stumbled back. Tears welled up in her eyes as everything became clear.

"He has moved on..."

"Yes," replied Flurry.

"You love him too," stated Sunset softly.

Flurry faltered for an instant at the unicorn's declaration.

With a final glance at Shadow Sunset reached out her right hoof towards her friend but then quickly pulled it back. With her tears shimmering amongst the stars Sunset left the astral plane, returning to her physical body.

"Shadow still loves you... I am truly sorry for the lie Sunset Shimmer... but I also care for him..."