• Published 13th Aug 2019
  • 553 Views, 22 Comments

Fate's Shadow! - Shadow_lulamoon



Misfortune follows Shadow and his companions. Through these trials Shadow may find his purpose.

  • ...
3
 22
 553

Snowed In... Revelations! Part 2

Author's Note:

Part 2 of Snowed In... Revelations!, chapter 18 is done. Please comment and enjoy.

Astral Plane, Memories of Aurora Breeze and Iridescent Dusk

The glowing words on the scroll resonated with Shadow as he contemplated their meaning.

"Well ladies shall we get started on your friendship lessons?" asked the Memory of Twilight.

The sisters stared at one another and replied, "yes" in unison while rolling their eyes.

"That's great news," replied the memory of Twilight Sparkle, smiling.

"Ira, thanks... thanks for not ratting me out to Aunt Twilight. It means... that you still care about me," said Aubree remaining back with Iridescent Dusk.

"Don't look too much into it. I just didn't feel like listening to Twilight lecture and bitch about how I could let your misconduct happen. Besides now I have leverage against you," replied Ira with a wicked smirk.

"Whatever you say, Snart for brains," said Shadow as Aubree, rolling her eyes.

"Girls where are you at? Hurry up!" shouted Twilight's voice from the hallway.

The words "Blah, blah, blah!" escaped Aubree's mouth, eliciting a snicker from Ira as the memory wafted away upon the mists.

Understanding washed, over Shadow as tears blurred his vision. "Aubree and Ira pretend to be brave... but all they have is each other. I to know this this pain and loneliness. It haunts me, Trixie, like these sisters you were all I had... I pushed you away and hurt you... I will save you no matter the cost..."

The two entwined red threads remained conjoined as the spiral untangled from the knotted ball.

********************

Alternate future, Crystal Empire

The magic induced storm raged on outside the medical wing window. Delicate glistening snowflakes carried on the icy winds, flitted past the frosty glass. Twinkle with a melancholic expression, watched the snow fall. Zany fast asleep, snored loudly from the chair next to her. The violet alicorn pulled her gaze from the magical storm towards the unconscious form of Flurry Heart.

"Oh, Flurry please... wake up."

********************

Astral Plane, Star Field

Shadow blinked away the tears, his vision focusing on a dull red thread. A familiar emotion of love radiated from the barely visible strand. Shadow unable to stop himself reached out to the thread as if being called to it. Just before he touched it a soft feminine voice echoed in his mind.

"Not yet... you're not ready!"

The stallion awoke from his dazed stupor and retreated a safe distance from the thread.

"What was that about?" wondered Shadow.

His thoughts ended quickly when the spiral thread as well as one of the crimson ones started to lose their luster.

"They are in trouble... I need to get to them before it's too late!"

Shadow's hooves released rippling rings with each step as he galloped in the direction of the threads.

"At least they are close together."

********************

Iridescent Dusk lay in a starry field unable to move. The violet mare examined her surroundings. Everything was the same on the astral plane and Ira hated the empty vastness of the place.

"I hate this place and I hate being unable to leave even more!" grumbled Ira.

The unicorn stared at her gaping wounds as astral essence trickled out of her. With each lost drop, Iridescent felt herself grow weaker.

"Damn my luck... I am stuck immobile while Aubree is in trouble."

Ira's gaze lingered on her sister's still form as panic and dread suffocated her. The unicorn forced herself to get up but her astral body refused. While her existence ticked away like the hands on a clock Aubree was already fading away.

"No... damn it... damn it... DAMN IT..." shouted a frustrated Ira through choked sobs.

As if an answer to her calls, the mare heard to sound of rushing water. A lone figure could be seen in the distance, coming closer with each step he took.

"Frack me! Why him of all people?" thought Iridescent.

********************

Shadow closed the distance between himself and the sisters. Upon reaching Ira the stallion skidded to a halt as a large rippling wave washed over Iridescent Dusk. The force of the energy felt like an ocean wave without the water or wetness.

"WHY ARE YOU HERE?" growled Ira through clenched teeth.

"To help you," replied Shadow unphased.

"Forget about me, Aubree... is..."

"It may already be too late for her. If I don't help you now, then you both die."

"I don't care... You must save Aurora," said Ira as her tears cascaded down her cheeks.

"You're as stubborn as someone I love dearly, but unlike her I won't walk away from your pain when you are crying out for help."

"No I... am ... not" said Ira weakly.

"I have lost too many people that I care about. I won't lose another so just shut up already," said shadow with a gentle smile.

Shadow's horn exuded a purple glow as he willed his horn to life. Touching his horn to the mare's wounds Shadow began his astral healing spell. Iridescent Dusk's wounds closed stemming the escaping life energy.

"Don't... expect... any... favors..." said Ira, exhausted.

"Rest now!" whispered Shadow.

The image of Shadow was the last thing Iridescent Dusk saw before she drifted off to sleep, returning to her physical body.

********************

With Ira saved, Shadow focused his attention towards Aurora Breeze. The yellow alicorn was barely visible as his astral body winked in and out like a dying lightbulb.

"I hope I'm not too late."

Gently, Shadow touched his horn to Aubree's horn. The soft purple glow engulfed the alicorn. The fading slowed but continued.

"There has to be something I can do," muttered Shadow.

The stallion closed his eyes, concentrating on Aurora.

"Aubree...."

A blinding white light engulfed him as Shadow was transported somewhere else. Just as fast as it appeared, the brightness was gone. Shadow opened his eyes, taking in his new surroundings. Unlike the vast starry emptiness of the astral plane this new place was full of colors. A field of grass and trees spread out as far as the eyes could see. The bright orange sun's warmth shined down upon the land bathing it with life giving energy.

Shadow felt a tickling sensation between his fingers as he stared down at his hands.

"My hands!" said Shadow grasping the grass.

Shadow gasped in awe as he examined his human self.

"It feels good to be back to my old self again."

"Who are you?" said a voice from behind, startling Shadow.

Shadow's heart stopped for an instant as he faced the owner. His gaze lingered on a young woman. Her yellow skin was pale and sickly looking. Her long blue hair with silver highlights had lost its luster. Her once gleaming red eyes had no sparkle. The woman wore an aqua colored v necked sweater with a matching skirt that stopped right below her hips.

"Aubree."

Aurora Breezed put her right index finger to her lower lip, deep in thought. When she gazed into his fuchsia eyes, she recognized him.

"Shadow, is that you?"

"Yes."

"Why are you here?" asked Aubree reaching out her left hand, pressing it to the side of Shadow's cheek.

"I was on the astral plane trying to save you and then there was this light. When I opened my eyes, I was here... Wherever here is?"

"That is a good question. This place could be what lies beyond the astral plane after death or it could even be inside my mind I don't know. Either way you shouldn't save me..."

Aubree paused for a second averting her gaze as she stared at her bare feet.

"Why is that?" asked Shadow with a quiet tone.

The young man using his right index finger gently lifted Aurora's chin so that she was eye level with him. Tears trickled down her cheeks as her red pools gazed into his soul.

"I'm evil and not worth saving."

Shadow clasped her face in his hands. Using his thumbs Shadow wiped away her tears with a soft caress.

"You're not evil."

"I am trying to murder you, if that isn't evil I don't what is."

"I'm still alive so you're not evil. Misguided maybe but evil... nope."

"You don't even know me... so... why are you trying to save me?"

"I know you better than you think" replied Shadow.

"It doesn't matter... like this field I am but a blade of grass to be blown on the wind. My fate was sealed when I walked this path with Ira. So please just let me die..."

"You are just as stubborn as your sister. Sheesh! Just shut up and let me heal you."

Aubree released a gasp as a faint purple glow engulfed her. Shadow pressed his forehead to hers as the astral healing stole Aubree from the icy grasp of death.

"Why?" asked Aurora with sadness.

"I'm selfish... I have lost too much and caused just as much pain. Everyone deserves a second chance" said Shadow with a sad smile.

"Your mercy is... Aaaaaaaaaagggggggghhhhhhhhh!" shrieked Aubree grasping her chest in pain and falling to her knees.

"Aubree?"

"Go... Go to her before it's too late," said Aurora.

"Her who?"

"Flurry Heart... needs you."

With a flash of white Shadow was back on the astral plane.

"Frack me! When it rains, it pours..."