• Published 13th Aug 2019
  • 553 Views, 22 Comments

Fate's Shadow! - Shadow_lulamoon



Misfortune follows Shadow and his companions. Through these trials Shadow may find his purpose.

  • ...
3
 22
 553

Augmenter of Causality... Misforfune or Flowers?

Author's Note:

Here it is the next chapter just in time for Valentines day. Time for this lonely author to get some well deserved rest.

Until next time enjoy.

Astral Plane

Shadow examined his hands, admiring his handy work. Smiling, the young man faced his friends to show his craftmanship off. "Check me out I am me again. What do you think Sunshim?" Shadow glanced around hoping to find his friend. "Flurry what happened to Sunset?" asked the young man with a worried tone.

Not wanting to hurt him any further, Flurry carefully chose her words. "While you were busy Sunset Shimmer said that she had to leave and to let you know that she is sorry."

"Oh, I see..." said Shadow dejectedly.

"Stop sulking like a foal I am still here with you," chided Flurry.

"So, is that what you look like as a human?" responded Flurry quickly changing the subject from Sunset Shimmer.

"Yes, it is. What do you think?"

"For some odd reason I find you more alluring as a human than as a pony. How were you able to change your astral form?"

"After seeing Sunset's hand incident, I realized how much I missed being human. So, I pictured myself as I used to be. Before I knew it, I was able to control the astral essence around me."

Flurry gave the young man a quizzical glance.

"Does it have to do with your lineage or is it because you are an augmenter of causality?"

"You know what an augmenter of causality is?" asked Shadow with bit of excitement.

"It is a term I have heard a few times. Iridescent Dusk said those words just before becoming a nightmare and chasing me. Sunset just mentioned it before she left. Other than that, I have no idea what an augmenter of causality is."

"I see!"

"Just because I don't know anything doesn't mean that we can't experiment and learn about your powers."

Shadow examined his companion for an instant as an idea began to form. "I would agree with you but..."

"But, What?"

"Never mind princess you will just get mad."

"Spill it knave!"

"Alright if you insist." Shadow put on his smug face and put his plan into motion.

"We can experiment and learn together but with you being unreliable with small tasks I don't know how we would make any progress."

"What do you mean unreliable?" replied Flurry Heart, irritated. Yellow strands of electricity danced in the alicorn's blue eyes crackling with ethereal energy.

Shadow felt a familiar sensation like when Sunset Shimmer first transformed, as silvery wisps of astral essence escaped him, flowing into Flurry. "Flurry is borrowing my energy and becoming strong. This explosion of power is caused by her being angry. Obviously raw emotion is the key. Both times I transformed I felt a surge of power."

"Are you even listening?"

"Sorry... What was the question again?"

"You said I was unreliable!"

"It’s true. That is why I can't experiment with you because we would probably die from your idiocy."

Flurry Heart seethed with rage at the young man's taunts.

"It’s do or die at this point. I hope I am right about this," thought Shadow calming his nerves and gazing inwards. With a calming breath the young man focused on his companion. Shadow willed the flow of energy back to himself. After several tries the young man was rewarded.

Flurry Heart's radiant aura dimmed as her anger subsided. Blinking, the alicorn shook away her dazed expression. "What in Celestia's name happened?" The young alicorn, startled by a sudden scream from Shadow, jumped back. "Shadow what the frack is going on?"

Struggling to control the borrowed alicorn's rage and power, Shadow collapsed to his knees. After several seconds ethereal lightning escaped from his fingers, discharging into the star filled void. Panting from exerting so much energy Shadow replied, "Short answer you were losing control of your emotions and transforming into a nightmare."

"That can't be possible I have lost control of my emotions many times before and not transformed."

"This time you did," teased Shadow with a knowing smile.

"What are you not telling me Shadow?"

"Do you really want to know princess?"

"Stop playing coy with me knave."

"I need to experiment more, but I am almost sure that my theory is correct."

"Less science speech," growled Flurry grinding her teeth.

"The key to the nightmare transformation is raw emotions and immense power but like you said princess, you have lost control in the past and not had any issues. while you were changing, I felt my astral essence drain from me into you. This same thing happened when Sunset changed into a nightmare. I realized that I am the catalyst for the transformation."

"How is that possible?"

"I believe when you are in proximity you are able to borrow my energy to augment yourself. When you got angry the raw emotion you release triggers the change."

"I didn't become a nightmare, so your theory is inconclusive," scoffed Flurry.

"Wrong miss snooty pants. You didn't transform because the reverse is also true."

"Please enlighten me oh wise one," replied the alicorn rolling her eyes.

"I stopped your change by reversing the flow of astral essence and raw emotions from you to me. That release of electricity was the result. Had I not released the power when I did, I would have changed into an electrified nightmare. I am basically a living battery."

"I have no idea what a battery is?"

"Oh right... ponies are ignorant of the human world."

"Must you always insult me?"

"Sorry princess. Force of habit. A battery is a storage place for energy."

"That makes a little more sense but when you were fighting Aubree you were in control as a nightmare while she seemed more wild."

"I was able to force my transformation during that fight because that wasn't my first time but staying in control consumes your life force quicker."

"Life force?"

"Astral essence is our life force princess. The nightmare form is a manifestation of our life force outside of our bodies and to maintain the form consumes your life. Add fighting for control on top of that ticks your life away sooner."

"My experiment on you proved my hypothesis was correct and with a bit of time and practice I believe we can nightmare up and use this power."

"What if you are wrong? ... Wait a minute! Did you say experiment?"

"If I am wrong shit burns and we die painfully," replied Shadow shrugging nonchalantly.

"What about my second question?"

"The answer is obvious so there was no need to respond."

Flurry rolled her eyes in irritation.

"You should have told me you were experimenting," scoffed the alicorn.

"If you knew what I was doing the experiment would have failed."

"I don't believe you."

"Would you have gotten as angry as you did from my taunts if you knew I was trying to bring out your nightmare form?"

Flurry released a shiver as a chill feeling of dread crept up her spine.

"Don't look so glum everything worked out."

"I am glad you're happy... but I don't ever want to experience that detached rage again."

"It’s not that simple Flurry..."

Flurry Heart looked forlorn and defeated at his next revelation.

"Being tied to me with the red thread of fate has cursed you with the nightmare form."

"What?" asked the panicked alicorn.

"The only ones that I know who have transformed are the ones who have a red strand."

"So, augmenter of reality means misfortune," stated Flurry, her eyes filling with tears.

Feeling guilty for manipulating Flurry heart, Shadow apologized "I'm sorry Flurry had I known how you felt about nightmares I would never have put you through it. I promise I will not perform any more dangerous experiments on you."

Shadow leaned forward to kiss the alicorn on her forehead but instead of the contact he expected the young man was rewarded with a sharp horn in his eye.

"FRACK ME!" shouted Shadow holding his left hand over his left eye.

"What happened?" cried Flurry in response.

"I just jammed my eye on your fracking horn."

"Don't blame me," muttered Flurry.

"If only you were..." said Shadow pausing as a new thought popped into his head.

A cheshire grin spread across the young man's face, his eyes sparkling as he stared at Flurry.

"Shadow what are you thinking in that evil head of yours? "

The young man smiled even more.

"Shadow... please don't look at me like that... you're scaring me."

********************

Shadow gently cupped her chin in his hands. Gazing into Flurry Heart's sapphire pools

the young man, with a soft voice said, "close your eyes."

The alicorn princess, hesitating closed her eyes. Flurry's bottom lip began to quiver in anticipation. Shadow rifled through his memories lingering on the first time he met Sunset Shimmer at Canterlot High. The young man's heart skipped a beat as Sunset took center stage in his mind. In this memory Sunset was still a human and not yet a pony. Shadow recalled the most current memory of his friend that he had. The only difference was that Sunset was a unicorn instead. Letting his mind relax Shadow merged the human image of Sunset with her pony form. After he was finished the young man let the new image play. Sunset transformed from human to unicorn and then back again like an animated computer image. Shadow let the picture play through seven transformations before he was confident with the next phase of his plan. Shadow opened his eyes and saved a mental image of Flurry Heart in all her regal glory. Sunset was replaced as Shadow began to adapt to the new image to what he had learned.

Flurry gasped in ecstasy as she was consumed by a wave of warmth and love. Silver wisps of aether swirled around the alicorn transforming her. After what seemed like eternity of bliss Flurry was awoken from her reverie by Shadow. "Open your eyes Flurry." The princess glared into the young man's fuchsia eyes "why would you tease me like that?" Shadow cocked his head to the right, bewildered. Several seconds passed before the young man was blushing from Flurry's implication.

"Don't fret princess there is a method to my madness," said Shadow with a twinkle in his eyes.

"Stop quoting random things," scoffed Flurry poking Shadow with her right index finger.

Flurry Heart's blue eyes widened as she repeated the gesture for a second and third time before the shocked was over.

"What in the name of Celestia did you do to me?"

*********************

Without a word Shadow waved his right-hand outwards from his chest. Gentle ripples undulated amongst the stars creating a silvery pool of liquid. "Have a look," said the young man with a smile. Flurry Heart gazed into the reflective water like substance. Staring back at her was a young woman. Her sapphire eyes remained but other than that her face was completely different. Gone was the alicorn horn and the pointed ears were now rounded hairless flesh on the sides of her head. The young woman's pink and blue streaked mane looked the same but different somehow. Her hair had a shinier soft texture to it, and it was definitely longer. The pink locks cascaded down her back and curled at her waist. Her delicate face was perfectly framed with her hair like a painting. Flurry's blue bangs were parted to the right partially covering her eye. The princess's muzzle was replaced by a small button nose that added depth to her pink furless cheeks.

"You turned me into a human," gasped Flurry Heart.

"What do you think?" asked Shadow excitedly.

Flurry practiced wiggling her fingers before speaking, "You promised no more experiments on me."

Shadow confused by her expressionless features said, "I promised I wouldn't do..."

Flurry silenced the young man, placing her right index finger on his mouth. "I am stopping your semantics right there Shadow Lulamoon."

"Alright... I will change you back" said the young man with a defeated sigh.”

Flurry giggled, unable to keep a straight face any longer. "You, doofus. You gave up so easily."

Shadow's jaw dropped in amazement. "You are so cruel princess."

"Oh, hush now! You have had that coming for a while."

"Whatever!" muttered Shadow.

Ignoring the young man, Flurry attempted to test her new legs. "It is really hard to move and gauge my steps when there is no ground to walk on," Flurry stated flatly.

Shadow focused on the quiet scene he had shared with Aubree. The starry void was replaced by a field of flowers. Shocked by the abrupt change Flurry lost her balance, landing on her rump. "Ouch what the hay was that."

"I just granted your wish princess," laughed Shadow reaching out his right hand to help Flurry stand.

Flurry accepted the offered hand and when she was off the ground released, he young man. The radiant sun and glittering rainbow were a complete overhaul compared to the contrasting starscape. The offered light allowed Flurry Heart to admire her new curves in all their glory. On wobbly legs the young woman turned in place absorbing the view. Hugging her body like a second skin was an aqua colored silk gown. Flurry gasped with delight when she noticed that the color paired perfectly with her light pink skin. Glancing over her shoulder the princess noticed her wings were gone.

"You removed my wings?" growled flurry.

"I removed them becaused humans don't have such apendages."

"My wings were my most feminine part," replied flurry raising her voice.

"On what world are you considered feminine Flurry Heart?" teased Shadow.

"Really Shadow? You turned me into this and then dare ask that?" chided Flurry flourishing her hands to emphasize her new body.

"Now look who is getting bent out of shape," said Shadow with smirk. Shadow's eyes explored his handy work as the sun's light bathed the young woman with radiance giving her hair a shiny luster. Shadow felt a jolt of excitement run through his body as his gazed lingered on his companion. The young man's hands moved with a mind of their own, wrapping around Flurry Heart's slender waist and pulling her close until she was nose, to nose with him.

The young woman released a soft, "eep," sound at the suddenness of the action. Standing face to face Flurry gazed into the intense fuchsia pools across from her and blushed.

Filled with a longing need Shadow pressed his lips against hers. An intense surge jolted through Flurry's body as she leaned in and kissed him passionately. Their tongues danced in each other’s mouths darting in and out of pearly white teeth. Flurry released a little moan as Shadow's hands began to explore, he womanly figure.

The young couple remained in each other’s arms for several minutes until Flurry reluctantly pulled away to catch her breath.

"You are such an ass Shadow Lulamoon" said Flurry, her voice barely a whisper.

Not sensing any resentment behind her words Shadow replied gently "I know."

Flurry Heart smiling slowly shook her head before grasping the young man's face in her hands and pulling him in for another long kiss. Before the couple realized what happened, they fell to the soft ground. Disappearing into the menagerie of flowers the couple embarked on a journey that would change the outcome of fate itself.