• Published 13th Aug 2019
  • 550 Views, 22 Comments

Fate's Shadow! - Shadow_lulamoon



Misfortune follows Shadow and his companions. Through these trials Shadow may find his purpose.

  • ...
3
 22
 550

That certain someone!

Author's Note:

Originally I had other plans for this chapter but one thing led to another and ths is where i came to. Until next time please comment like and follow for more updates.

Shadow stood in the main entrance trying to figure out his first course of action. Having ignored his classes as well as skipping out of school for a while the young man was perplexed at what he should do now. "I never thought in a million years I would be back here in this lame place. Well I can't just stand here all day so the first thing I need to do is lose this headache." Glancing at the signs Shadow saw the one he needed and brusquely headed towards the nurse's office.

Dashing through the front doors Trixie looked all over the main lobby for her brother, not finding a trace of him. "Where did that doofus go? He wasn't that far ahead of me. He did mention a headache, maybe Trixie should head to the nurse's office first."

Trixie dashed to the left, in the direction of the school nurse where upon entering she found Shadow accepting a cup and some medicine from the nurse.

"Shadow this is where you have been hiding. Trixie has been looking all over for you," said the elder twin in disgust.

"Can I get another dose of that stuff, my headache is back," said Shadow with a pleading look in his eyes, at Nurse Zecora.

The nurse looked from one sibling to the other and with a slight smile said, "nope sorry child one pill to relieve your first pain but your second can only be cured by you."

"Easier said than done," muttered the young man.

"You two should probably be heading to class as you are already late. Any longer you may linger, means a peculiar fate."

"Okay... Nurse Zecora..." said Trixie grabbing her brother's arm and yanking him out the door.

In the hallway Shadow dug in his heels, snatched his right arm for the young woman and shouted. "That’s enough Trixie just stop! Your job is done. I am in school."

"I am only trying to help Shady," replied the elder twin in disgust.

"Your form of helping is not help. In fact, it is making my headache worse!"

"Your headache? Please! That headache is all in your head. You have always used that lame excuse whenever you're uncomfortable with a situation. Shadow it's time you stop blaming others for your own shortcomings!" said Trixie raising her pitch to match her brother.

"The only shortcoming, I have in my life is you Trixie, any time you're around me something bad happens. In fact, now that I think about it everything wrong in my life is because of you."

"You don't mean that," said Trixie her bottom lip starting to quiver just a bit.

"I couldn't be more serious big sis. I don't need you nor do I want you lingering around me anymore," said Shadow releasing his frustration on his sister.

Trixie stared into her brother's eyes and saw the hatred and resentment the fuchsia pools held for her. At that moment she felt a twinge of pain run through her chest. The elder twin lowered her head to hide the tears that were now trickling down he light blue face. The twins stood in silence for several seconds until Trixie broke the silence and with a choked sob said, "head to the principal's office... she... she can help you with your classes." Averting Shadow's accusing glare Trixie bolted in the opposite direction. "I'm such a fool I was so worried about losing my brother... I failed to realize that I already have... Oh Shadow why?" In her tear-stricken state the young woman failed to notice the stairs.

********************

Sunset Shimmer on her way to algebra stopped her stride as her friend ran past. "Was she crying?" With a worried expression the red head turned to follow. Right on Trixie's heels Sunset noticing the impending danger reached for the distraught girl, but it was too late. The wayward magician vanished out of site. "Trixie!" shouted Sunset.

********************

Rose Fern, a freshman at Canterlot High was an energetic, inquisitive girl and already in advanced classes. The bubbly girl had cleaned up some old, clay and even weird artifacts from advanced archeology and with a little persuasion had gotten permission from the teacher to study them more extensively over the weekend. The artifact, Rose was most interested in was the small black spider. The trinket, blacker than obsidian, exuded a strange glow at dusk or as Rose liked to say "magic hour." She gleaned no information about the spider at school and when she picked it up it she thought she heard a voice whispering to her. The young girl quickly deposited the glass spider into her box of artifacts and excitedly half skipped out of the archeology lab.

********************

The image of Trixie's tear-stricken face entered the young man's mind as he went in the opposite direction of his sister. A slight twinge of guilt caused Shadow to pause and for a moment. He wanted to chase after the elder twin. Just as quick as it appeared the feeling had vanished. "Serves her right," thought the younger twin.

Reaching Principal Celestia's office Shadow knocked. His chest tightened as a feeling of dread washed over him. "What is this feeling?" the young man asked himself as he glanced back the way he had just come. The brief pause ended with a "come in." Shadow shrugging off the dark thoughts entered the office, taking in the scenery. Celestia's abode was full of light and warmth filling Shadow with positive energy. The younger twin felt most of his troubles fade away. At that moment all he wanted to do was find Trixie and apologize but his thoughts were interrupted by a soft yet authoritative voice. "Well isn't this a treat. Mr. Lulamoon to what do I owe this visit?" All shadow could do was nod as he faced the principal. He had been absent for so long Shadow had forgotten how intimidating Celestia could be.

"Don't be afraid I don't bite... much," said the woman with a jovial smile.

"Schedule... Principal... Celestia... I... need my schedule," said Shadow, perspiring.

"Talk to Vice Principal Luna, my sister handles student class arrangements," said Celestia gesturing with her left index finger to the door across the hall.

"Thanks!" came the reply as Shadow pivoted towards the door.

"Mr. Lulamoon, welcome back."

Glancing one final time at the principal's genuine smile the young man gave a curt nod, closing the door.

********************

Upon receiving his class schedule Shadow was escorted by Vice Principle Luna to the first class of the day, Advanced Theoretical Quantum Physics. On their trek through the school the vice principle spoke very little to the young man, for which Shadow was grateful. His entire morning had consisted of annoyances and misfortune. Luna left the young man with the teacher, Doctor Hooves. "Have a good day Mr. Lulamoon," said the vice principal in a soft voice, then proceeded back to her office.

********************

"Looks like we have a new student, fancy that!" said the teacher with a British accent.

Shadow, arms crossed gave a brief nod to Mr. Hooves.

"Would you like to introduce yourself to the class Mr...um?

"Shadow Lulamoon," said the young man with an annoyed expression.

"Well Fancy that! I think I will call you shady for short."

Shadow just rolled his eyes, knowing full well that arguing with eccentric people like Trixie gets you nowhere fast.

"Let me see here... ah... yes... Shady you can sit over the in that empty seat in the corner by the window to the left of my assistant Derpy and right behind SciTwi."

"My name is Twilight Sparkle," Twilight growled.

"Don't mind her Shady she is a bit dodgy, but SciTwi is a good student and means well," said the smiling yet oblivious teacher.

"Dodgy? He is one to talk," thought Shadow walking to his assigned seat.

The blonde girl to his right had a greyish complexion with wayward eyes one up and one down. "What the heck is wrong with her eyes?" Shadow quickly averted his gaze forward when Derpy looked his way only to see Twilight's blushing face.

"I'm Twilight! We weren't properly introduced this morning," said the young woman holding out her right hand in greeting.

Shadow just looked at the offered hand and then back up.

"Wow AJ was correct you really aren't sociable, are you?" said Twilight with an embarrassed laugh and slowly withdrew her hand.

"Friends... fun..." Trixie's words pierced his brain like an arrow. "Grrr, that Snart for brains."

"Shadow!" said the young man breaking the ice.

Twilight breathed a sigh of relief, smiled, nodded and then turned in her seat.

********************

Rose Fern half skipped up the stairs and as she neared the right turn bend, she noticed the falling girl. It was too late Rose was unable to move out of harm's way as Trixie slammed into her.

"Owy," said Rose sitting up and taking in the scene.

The young girl gasped as her gaze fell upon the limp form of Trixie.

********************

Sunset, fast on the scene leapt down the stairs to aid her friend. Upon the middle landing lay Trixie in a pool of red surrounded by broken brick-a-brack and a pink skinned girl with green hair kneeling beside her. Kneeling down next to her fallen friend the red head asked "oh no Trixie! What happened?"

Rose looked from the limp form to the new arrival. "It... it was... was... an accident. I... was... carrying my box of things and one thing led to another... Oh no! My relics Ms. Yearling isn't going to like this news."

The young girl in a panic, started to collect the broken pieces and when her fingers brushed against the remains of the glass spider Rose's breath caught in her throat "oh no!" Rose couldn't quite place her finger on it, but she knew that something bad had just happened. Worse than a girl lying unconscious in a pool of crimson.

Attending to her friend Sunset spent a brief second to ask, "what do you mean Oh no?"

"This is bad, bad, bad, really bad," came the reply barely a whisper.

"Get a grip of course this is bad!" said Sunset grasping Rose's shoulders, giving her a little shake.

As the young girl stared into Sunset's stalwart gaze Rose began to calm done.

"That's better are you all right, can you stand?"

Quietly Rose nodded yes.

"Good I need you to get Principal Celestia. Can you do that?"

Nodding a second time the girl stood, dropped what she held and quickly walked up the stairs.

"Now for Trixie... What the heck?" said Sunset her gaze drawn to a pile of black broken glass.

********************

Dark, shadowy, violet tendrils snaked out from the broken spider tasting blood as they weaved towards the still form of Trixie. Before Sunset could react, the dark aura had vanished seeping into the wound on the back of the unconscious woman's head.

"Oh, this is not good. That must be equestrian magic, maybe Twilight will know what to do," thought Sunset gathering up all of the obsidian shards she could and tucking them into the upper right pocket of her black leather jacket.

********************

Principal Celestia sitting behind her desk looking over some documents, jumped when her office door burst open. Standing in the entrance was a five-foot-tall girl with green hair and orange highlights. The young student's ensemble consisted of a blue blouse with a matching blue and purple plaid skirt. The principal’s gaze dropped to the girls white, red stained stockings.

"Ms. Fern what on earth happened?"

"Accident... stairs... blood," said Rose gasping for air.

"LUNA!" shouted Celestia."