• Published 3rd Aug 2019
  • 303 Views, 0 Comments

Goodbye - Hazel_Hester777



Every story has an end. Someday, we all must say goodbye

  • ...
 0
 303

Onto a New Frontier

“Oh, Autumn” Hazel spoke at last. “We can’t go home, again. No surprise there”

“Only a very few find the way. Some don’t recognize it when they do. Others don’t ever want to” Hester added, repeating those same words once used on Lauren.

Both eyed the sparkle and snowflake, holding them tenderly in hands and paws. “Delusions too die hard. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth”

“Forgetting pain is convenient. Remembering it…” the Familiar paused, hissing and flinching, as if the thought had physically burned her. “…agonizing”

“But recovering the truth is worth the suffering” Hazel pat her head to comfort her, glancing to Autumn as well with a solemn expression. “And our Wonderland, though damaged, is safe in memory, for now”

For a moment, the child stared up at the pair, pondering what they were saying. Wonderland can’t go back to the way it used to be. Many changes had occurred over the years, but this one will make it permanent. Discord was right when he told her time changes us all. There are even changes that cannot be taken back, no matter how much we want them to.

She had grown, and Wonderland with her.

________________________________________

Hazel sighed, taking a deep breath to recompose herself as Hester dropped her pose. Whenever it came to writing, the writer themselves would feel a bit drained from finishing a new chapter to the story. At first, they all thought it was a mental thing, but then they found that it was actually a reflection of how they felt after making a story.

You give a part of yourself to a tale and it could take a bit from you. The stronger the emotion, effort, and passion placed into the chapter, the more drained you feel. It’s a two-way bond. Luckily, this draining of energy was temporary and short-term. Writers could even pause half-way if they feel themselves too tired to keep up.

Hazel soon had her breath back to normal and glanced over to Hester’ perch. “Are you alright?”

The Familiar nodded, dusting herself off. “I love it when we work together, but I just wish this draining didn’t always happen”

“Then we could write all we want without worrying about feeling like someone drained by Tirek”

“But everyone has to rest too”

The Pegasister managed a smile at that before dropping it.

The Familiar knew what it was about and nuzzled their faces together. “I know, my dear. It saddens me too”

“But how long did you think we could make it?”

“I’m not sure, but I was happy about the experience anyway”

“Like how we got in some trouble when we made the first ones?”

Hester chuckled at that. “We were younger and inexperienced”

“And you were edgy”

“You were so babyish!”

The pair shared a good laugh, recalling all that had happened leading up to this point. It was a really fun thing to have been able to be part of the Fimfiction world, participating and all that. They made a few good friends as well, even became a pair of proofreaders at one point. And while they weren’t the best story-writers, they were glad they atleast tried. Still rusty with room for improvement, but happy all the same.

The pair then knew the next thing they had to write down before this made its way to the publisher section. This didn’t take much energy out of them, but they wouldn’t have been able to feel it if there was something to drain them.

A bit of a while later, tears were shed and there was a lump in their throats. But it was done. Wrapping it up beside the book, right in the Author’s Note section, they sent it off.

Hester heard a mumble and turned to find Hazel giving her a look. At first, she thought she was mad at her or something else had upset her other than what they just did but then she recognized something from the look in her eye.
She chuckled. “I know, I know. I keep my promise”

As soon as dinner was done and the OCs were tucked in, Hazel was waiting for Hester as she already laid curled up in bed. The Familiar then shifted to her Pegasister form and got in with her. The brunette then cuddled up to her, wrapping her arms around her neck while the blonde-orange haired one wrapped her arms around her, reaching to her back.

Cuddling was a comfort for both of them since they got to the Fandom world. And even out in reality, they did so. It was nothing much, just simply for the sake of being with the other. It helped on any bad day. And while Hazel’s mother found it rather weird at times, she allowed it. The pair thought nothing of how people would look at them for this, all that mattered was each other.

On Hazel’s part, she felt safe and protected by her loved one. On Hester’s, it let her know that she had not failed in keeping her adoptive sister safe. But both felt the same thing: Love towards someone and being loved back by that same someone in return.

And while Hester liked the position in where she was in her Familiar form and it would make Hazel look like she was hugging a plushy, she did enjoy this one more. It was easier to hold her back now that they managed to get her a Pegasister form of her own.

“You’re a lot leaner this time, you know” the Familiar told her Partner as she felt at a thin arm with muscle.

“Guess you could say I’ve been working out”

“Perhaps so, though next time, try to keep it down when you get Corruption in your system”

“I didn’t even know I had it. I was just…mad”

“I know” she chuckled. “I also know you’re upset”

She could hear her gulp.

“It’s not like we’ve leaving the Fandom, or here for that matter, it just means that we may not be writing anymore”

“We’re taking after Luna, huh?”

“Well, to be fair, we already thought about it after our long hiatus”

Hazel paused for a moment. “I hope no one gets mad”

“A little surprised, maybe, a bit down, for some. But we’re still here with them”

She nodded, nuzzling into her further. “We’ll be together forever, won’t we?”

Hester smiled, leaning down and kissing her forehead. “Forever”

The pair then drifted off to sleep, just as the book made its way to publishing.

Things would be different now, but that was the point of growing up and going through life: Change is constant. And sometimes, it’s for the better. You may not be the same as you were before, but it could make you stronger. And there were even some that remained the same as they truly are part of who you are, and no amount of time passed could alter that.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment