• Published 3rd Aug 2019
  • 303 Views, 0 Comments

Goodbye - Hazel_Hester777



Every story has an end. Someday, we all must say goodbye

  • ...
 0
 303

Sick

Hester sighed, before throwing down her cards.

“Ah yes! I win again!” the male Pegasus infront of her cheered.

“You really aren’t called Wild Ace for nothing huh?” she asked, her in hand as she leaned over the table.

“Well, it’s kinda how I got my cutie mark” he pointed to the ace on his flank.

She smirked. “Then your maker must take you to every card game, I bet”

“He was very proud of me when I had it” he smiled at the memory.

“And he should. A good parent or maker is proud of their creation’s achievements, big or small”

“Spoken like a mother”

“I have four main OCs with my colleague-slash-sister. Not all are alive now, and they’re a challenge, but we’re happy to have them all”

He nodded. “Hey, it’s been a while since either of you posted something as a story. What happened?”

“Minor difficulties. Plus, Hazel’s under the weather” she then checked her clock. “That reminds me, I have to get going and check up on her”

He nodded, gathering up the cards. “Wish her well for me, okay?”

“I will. This was a fun game. We should do this more often”

“Yeah, bye, Hester”

“Bye, and let’s try Dragon Pit next time!” the Familiar smiled before running off.

Hazel didn’t work too well in times of extreme stress. If it was too much, she’d get sick, atleast when she’s here in Wonderland. Who could blame her? This place is a manifestation of everyone’s desires and dreams. The pieces that fall in your ‘territory’ would be affected by your mindset. Still, it helps if you’re working with someone else as that territory could still be healthy so long as atleast one of you is.

Hester knew she wasn’t well enough to go outside today when she saw that she seemed to be in great pain. She was able to make her rounds on their OCs and visit their friends. The ability to travel apart from each other was gifted by a new charm that Twilight made. They rarely ever use it. Besides, Hester needed to get the medicine.

She managed to visit the OCs and even stopped by to see how the Object-verse Children were doing. Then she made a turn to check on Sunny Shores, Anastasia, and Clementine Jr. at their tea party, met a young OC named Tenti made by a user called Bad Dragon, paid her respects to a few fallen Bronies and Pegasisters including Adam Smith, and picked up some meds from the asylum. Neither her or her Partner needed to take them as often as they did, but it was better safe than sorry.

Finally, she reached the neighborhood full of fellow Bronies and Pegasisters. All around, she could see familiar faces and new ones that just arrived. A few latecomers, but it was better late than never. There were some in Pony form, others in Equestria Girls, some had Familiars while others were with their versions of a Canon Character or even their OCs.

She looked up to the sky to see the familiar barrier covering right over them like a massive rainbow. A distance away to a point in which you would not be able to see it was Twilight’s Castle. Seems they were getting ready for another episode. It was nice to see how far she had come from being Lesson Zero Twilight and now managing her stress well. But it’s leaving her on edge to find out what will happen in the finale, even a suspicion of Windigos.

Fluttering in the air as delicate as ever were Snowdrop’s snowflakes. Surveillance had certainly been a necessity here. Can’t risk anymore Corruption, especially not after the last time. She was thankful that there were little casualties and those she knew came out intact. Then again, there’s always that resurrection spell.

Things had changed a bit since she was in that coma. Another Corruption, a big war that killed a lot of folks, Hazel going Corrupted herself after absorbing her Essence. She couldn’t imagine what the kids looked like. From the description alone of how they were, it was terrifying. Though, she couldn’t get it out of her head about her sweet, shy, little Partner becoming Captain of the army and bent on destroying every Anti she saw with little to no hesitation as she hid a bad eye with rough attitude that made people question if this was the same girl. The stories and files scared even her.

“Atleast she lived” she muttered her breath.

Now, everything was restored. No Antis in sight. Everything seemed fine. It was just the question of when the next episode of the show would come and how long do they have before the finale. And a few more questions that were yet to be answered that only the real Lauren Faust knew herself.

She soon reached the small house she and her Partner lived in. It seemed Derpy was here just now as she had a new letter and she could hear something crashing in the distance. She hoped the Pegasus would make her rounds safely, especially with Gabby the Griffon to help her now.

Taking the mail with her, she went up to the house, unlocked the door, and entered. “Hazy, I’m home!” she called out, setting her satchel and letter down.

She knew Hazel wouldn’t answer if she were in a mini-coma of sleep. But she swore she heard a whimper coming from their room upstairs. Going up, she found her in a surprising position.

Hazel was hunched over the bed, the top half of her black nightgown-clad body hanging off one end while the lower half remained half-covered by the blanket and stayed on the mattress.

“Hazel?”

Worried, she rushed over to her side to find her falling over the bedside, her arms just limp by her sides. Her pink skin was as pale as she gets when they get separated. Her brown hair was a mess. Her mouth hung open and her eyes were closed, as though she fell asleep in the middle of trying to get out of bed.

“Hazel” she sighed, trying to help her get back into bed.

She began to stir, opening her hazelnut eyes. “Hest…”

“Don’t struggle. You need to rest”

“I need the pen…”

“What pen?”

“I dropped…the pen…”

“I’ll get the pen if you get back in bed”

The girl was able to push herself back up and fixed into bed the best she could while the Familiar looked around for this alleged pen. She spotted it rather quickly. It was the same type of pen they would use when writing a story. But that’s crazy. They haven’t written anything in a while. Taking it, she went up to find her colleague curled up under the blankets like a dormouse in winter.

“Keep that up and you’ll beat Fluttershy at cuteness” she smirked, placing a paw to her forehead. “Your fever’s calming down. That’s a good sign”

“Do you have the pen?” she asked, eyes still half-lidded.

“Yes, but why do you have it? Last I checked, we weren’t writing anything”

Only now she noticed that Hazel was clutching something to her chest. Something solid and rectangular in shape. Reluctantly, the ill Pegasister parted it away from her and revealed it. It was then that Hester’s suspicions were confirmed.
It was a story in the making.

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I didn’t think…it was real at first…”

“How long?”

“I couldn’t sleep…I didn’t know until…”

Gently, she pried the object away from her Partner’s grasp and opened up the pages to see the contents. Each one seemed to be still scraps, incomplete. No surprised there, she needed her to make the other parts, it seemed. Still, as she took a look into the pages, she could see that it wasn’t just one topic she was doing, it was all of them.

“I don’t know…if I can keep…”

“Hey” she placed the book away before going up to her Partner, placing a paw to her cheek. “It’s going to be okay. Next time, just tell me, okay? We’ll get through this”

“You’re not mad?”

“I could never hate my little Hazelnut”

The girl managed a weak smile. “I’m sorry…I didn’t want to alarm you…”

“Like I’m going to ever resist a piece like this. We work together, remember? It’s like the vow. But we’re much more than that to each other”

“How did I ever meet someone like you?”

“Just lucky, I guess”

She giggled. “You got sick and I looked after you. I get sick and you looked after me. The OCs call us parents. We work side by side. All we need now are rings, a car, a cake, and we can call ourselves a married couple”

The Familiar laughed. “You don’t think people ship us like that?”

“We’re mediocre in rank, especially since our last story was who knows how long?”

“Well, let’s hope no incest Shippers come banging on the door. If they do, I’ll snap them out of the neighborhood for waking you up”

“The only thing keeping me up right now is you”

“Then get some sleep”

Before the girl could comprehend, the Familiar took up an Equestria Girl form of her own. Yellow skin near fair skin like Fluttershy’s, crew cut hair blonde with a dash of orange on each ending strand. She wore a light blue dress with green on the ends. She removed the navy blue boots and set them down on the floor so it’s just her knee-length socks on. On her head was a familiar blue hat with the emblems from each of their main OCs.

She felt her head transferred to her lap like a pillow as the blankets were soon up to her chin once more.

“Sleep. I’ll be right here”

She knew she was tired and only offered a tiny smile before closing her eyes. Hester waited or her breathing to even out before she picked up the book and began to read. Yes, she could already see where this was going.

Taking a notepad out with a pen of her own, she began to think up the plans.