• Published 3rd Aug 2019
  • 302 Views, 0 Comments

Goodbye - Hazel_Hester777



Every story has an end. Someday, we all must say goodbye

  • ...
 0
 302

Still Here

“Do you really have to go?”

They knew that this day was coming. It would’ve taken a long time for it to happen, but she had hoped it would be that long. Unfortunately, fate had other plans. Fluttershy had hoped that Bunny’s mission here in Equestria would take more time, but it seemed she would be leaving in her lifetime.

The Servant’s Mission had been fulfilled. Equestria had accepted Aliens and the Word of God as their own. It began because of another villain on and this was by far the worst they had ever encountered. In the midst of it all, Bunny had become part of the fight, especially after they were revealed the secret behind the being’s species to all who were present. Still, there was nothing to hide back now and she took the chance to help in the fight.

It was long a tough battle, but they had won in the end. In gratitude and witness to all that had happened, Servants were now welcomed into Equestrian society. News spread to E-arth and soon a troop of Servants arrived to meet and greet with the folk around. There were some that didn’t quite understand them and had doubts, but then again, nothing was perfect.

And in the final step, there was one thing left that had certainly marked the journey in Equestria as a journey the little Alien would remember forever. She had gained her cute mark at last. It was a glimmer of white light in the middle of pitch black, and the flower on her collar bloomed into a white holly, symbolizing ‘A Last Fateful Glimmer of Hope’

Yet, nothing lasts forever. According to the contract signed, once the mission was complete and Bunny had gained her cutie mark, she only had one week left in Equestria before she must return to E-arth. Now the week was up and it was time to say goodbye.

By now, all the other Servants had gathered into their ships and were now awaiting for their leader’s command. Several creatures, pony or any other species, were all watching from where they were. Those had made a close bond with one of them were just as sad to go. But none were as much as the leading one who was with her Mistress now.

A bit of a distance away was the rest of the group, having already said their goodbyes. Only now, they had two new additions. Flanked a bit of a distance was Poison Rose and Pinkamena, except now changed mares both in mind and body.

Poison Rose had resigned her name into Venom Rose, not that it made it any better. There was a smaller version of the resurrection spell and Fluttershy requested she be brought back to be able to get a second chance. Her mane and tail had turned magenta as a result and her cutie mark had changed into a rose with a vial of venom. The rest of her remained normal. Suffice was to say that the Mane Six were quite skeptical if she had indeed changed but proved it when she had to save them from Aero, how had survived. It was also revealed that it was her that dated Aero, but he kept mistaking her for her sister.

Pinkamena, now preferring simply Mena, was made from a regressed piece of Pinkie’s own mind that seemed to delve into depression and loneliness. For who knows how long this voice was shut inside of the pink mare’s head following the first Sonic Rainboom. With a spell, she was finally set free from Pinkie’s mind but chose to stay in Ponyville to find her own purpose. She and Venom began seeing each other and now had run off together to start anew. They did return for the weeklong left with Bunny to see how everyone was doing.

Venom and Mena had certainly come far from where they had been since they first arrived. Venom had become a young guard in the Crystal Empire while Mena had found she inherited Pinkie’s baking talents. They were sad to see Bunny go but thanked her for helping them especially with their second chances. She congratulated them for their upcoming marriage and hoped for the best she could make it.

Everyone had come so far from when they first met her. Rainbow and Applejack were now married. Twilight and Fluttershy went a few months after them. Spike had found new love in another young dragon his age and, suffice is to say, she is one of the good ones and a positive influence on him. Rarity and Pinkie were now seeing other.

It was just hard saying goodbye to everyone. Rainbow was a tough nut like Applejack, but she could tell that they were going to miss her. Pinkie outright began to cry and hoped she would not forget them. Rarity was hysterical and it took a while for her to finally calm down. Spike was really going to miss and he looked as though he wouldn’t let her go from the hug. Twilight stated how proud she was for her and hoped she would come back one day or make a new case somewhere. All that was left now was the Pegasus that started it all.

The pair had come so far from now. It was just painful for both sides to have to go after everything they had been through. They weren’t just a partnership anymore. They were friends. It even felt strange with Bunny in that white jumpsuit uniform that had dots connected to where her limbs were, giving most of her body the look of a constellation. But the addition of the cutie mark on her stomach was a reminder of what they were here for.

When Fluttershy knew about the week left, she had decided to make the most out of it. Everyone began to simply spend the most time they could with the Alien and a few others that were close to her. There were even slumber parties each night in Twilight’s Castle. They spent nearly every second they could, taking turns at what they liked doing the most.

Now the time was up.

“Hey now, chin up” she told the Pegasus gently when she saw her eyes water. “It’ll be alright”

“I’m sorry. It’s just…”

“I know. The parting is never easy”

“You’ve never done it before either, have you?”

She shook her head. “You were my second and successful one. But I’m glad it was you”

She managed a smile. “I know you have to go. I just don’t understand why”

“They need me back there with the others who have been successful. There is much more to be done other than spreading the word here”

She nodded.

“Just don’t think that for one moment I’m not still here with you. I’ll be watching you from there, making sure you’re alright. You need to go on and live your life as well. Can you do that for me?”

She sniffed a bit, but knew she was right. It was time to go on without her. She nodded.

“I need you to say it”

Taking a deep breath, she spoke up. “Yes, I can do it”

“There we go”

The pair stared at each other for a moment before climbing in for one final hug. She would always remember this hug that enveloped her, and she would remember this embrace that could only reach to her neck. They couldn’t’ hear the others sniffling or crying. It was just them.

Finally, both pulled away. One could see they both had shed their final tears to each other. Fluttershy could only watch as the Alien gave her a final parting smile before making her way up the ramp of her ship.

“Goodbye, Bunny”

As Twilight came up to comfort her, the truth rang clear in her head. She knew that would be the last word she would say to her for a while. There was no telling how long she would be away, or if she would even come back when the Pegasus herself would still be alive. But she knew it was for the best.

“No, this isn’t goodbye” she heard a voice call out and looked up to find the young Alien waving a paw as she walked up the final stairs and beamed at her. “See you later, Auntie!”

In her time spent here, Bunny had begun to call Fluttershy Auntie. She felt like she was family to her now. And the mare herself adored the gesture. Hearing it again, and those other words assured her of something else. She may need to leave now, but she may come back one day. She was still with her.

A smile graced her lips. “See you soon, Bunny”

Soon enough, the engine run and the ship took off into the air. Wind began to blow around and majority of the witnesses had to duck in order to avoid having a face full of mane or leaves. The Mane Six then watched as the whole fleet took off, one by one, until they all sailed for the sky above. But they kept their gaze on the sole one that was leading. And as the last one disappeared from their sight, they saw a bright glimmer of light in Luna’s night sky.

A last fateful glimmer of hope for everyone.

________________________________________

Bunny was making her rounds with several other OCs. She had a bit of tea with Clementine, Anastasia, and Sunny Shores at the Shipping Section. Then she played a bit with the Object-verse kids and ended up having to question if it made Candy Corn her Mistress’ Heir.

She had just met a nice Minotaur called Heartland Picker in the Everfree Forest as an undercover Conservation officer for the Equestrian government, keeping the non-sentient species populations in check as a hunter, especially towards predators. He was working there in secrecy, but here in Wonderland, everything was known. She was aware of his position here. It reminded her a lot of her own work in her piece of Wonderland.

Suddenly, she felt a rush of new information swirl around in her mind. It took her by surprise, to say the least, but she felt every last bit of it. A new story was being written by her makers, and from the looks of it, it was about her. Her mind filled with new memories from the words written down and it was starting to overwhelm her. Finally, it stopped, and she knew something else had happened to her as well.

“You alright, Bunny?” she heard Heartland speak to her.

She nodded. “My mother and mom just made a new story about me”

He chuckled before looking down and a proud smile came to his face. “Let me be the first to say congratulations”

She was confused at that for a moment before following his gaze and could now see why. The same cutie mark written down in the story had now come to her as well. She beamed, knowing she was finally marked. She finally had it.

“Kibo Suru indeed”