• Published 22nd Jun 2019
  • 880 Views, 47 Comments

Dancing with Dust - WittyNameTFM



Moondancer gets outed, a new group of friends, led by Lightning Dust, show her it's okay.

  • ...
1
 47
 880

Epilouge. What was that?

The next few weeks passed pretty quickly, without any outside animosity. Moondancer and Lightning began to hang out more outside of classes, even joining the 'nerd' squad as she called them to watch stuff together.

"I see why you like My Hero." Moondancer noted, finding herself under Lightning's arm again as they walked.

"Minus the crazy amounts of flashbacks...the characters are cool." She said with a shrug.

"It would also explain the shirt."

Light looked down at her Red, white and blue shirt. Yellow accents.

"All might is cool." She huffed.

They entered the lunchroom together, headed to their table. "Morning girls." Octavia said with a polite wave.

"Good morning." Derpy smiled cheerfully.

"Lyra and BonBon haven't made it yet?"

"They are coming from a further distance." Octavia noted.

"Hey!" An accented voice spoke, Lightning looking back to see the purple skinned girl strolling up to them.

"Roll? You're able to come back already?"

"Probably." She shrugged, reaching into her bag. "Here." She extended a black leather jacket with lime green lightning bolts across the back and sleeves.

"What's this for?" She asked, looking over the admittedly cool looking design.

"Uh…'cuz I bled all over your other one?" She asked, looking to the table. "They...know I'm cool now, right?" She added, noting some confused looks.

"They do. But no one was expecting you to be here at all...much less come have a chat."

"Yeah well, I'm all about doing the unexpected." She shrugged with a smirk, looking to Derpy as she took a seat beside her. "Ya don't mind me sitting here, do ya darlin'?" She asked.

"Um..n-no, not at all."

"Appreciate it." She winked before looking back to Lightning. "So, can I ask you something?"

"Uh, sure I guess."

"You two kept worrying about me during my recovery. I never got to see how you two were doing."

"Dude, you were recovering from being stabbed. You had it a little tougher than I did."

Roll's eyes glanced to Moondancer.

"Oh, I'm doing wonderfully as of late." She assured.

"So long as I didn't fuck anything up I guess." She let a relieved sigh out before pushing to stand.

"Where are you going? Sit with us." Light offered.

"You sure? This is kinda your circle."

"Well, like it or not, you sorta elbowed your way in." She rolled her eyes.

"Well-"

"Where did you get stabbed?" Derpy asked, curiosity taking over finally.

"Oh, my stomach." She pulled up her hoodie and shirt to show toned abs and a covered spot on her lower midsection. Derpy's face heated.

"Oh my…" She mumbled.

"Right? Coulda been pretty bad."

"It was bad!" Lightning said with a frown.

She shrugged, dropping her hoodie. "I'm still kickin', so it's all good." She smirked.

"That's quite a view on things…" Octavia noted.

As they fell into simple conversation, Lyra and BonBon joined them. After a few more minutes, another girl stepped up to the table, this one stood to Vinyl's right.

Long purple pigtails and an annoyed expression that lifted when she was acknowledged. She lifted her hands, making motions to the mute musician.

Vinyl smiled, returning several gestures before Aria held her hand to her throat. "It wasn't permanent." She said quietly, just above a whisper.

Visible relief washed over Vinyl as she stood, excitedly throwing her hands in the air.

"Thanks." Aria smirked, punching her arm gently. "We needed that."

Vinyl made a few motions, tilting her head.

"We know multiple languages. We've lived on earth for a while." Aria scoffed. "I knew a girl a while back who was deaf. She taught me." She shrugged.

"So...who's little miss 'it's not a phase, mom'?" Roll asked, earning an eyebrow twitch from Aria.

"Oh, here we go…" Lyra sighed quietly.

"The girl who's gonna put her foot up your ass." She leaned over the table.

"Ooh, tell me more~" Roll smirked, leaning back, hands linking behind her head.

"Aria, wait-" Lightning stood. "She's a pain in the ass, but give her like a few more weeks before you stomp her."

"Why?"

"Still got a healing stab wound." Roll said with a shrug.

"Are you stupid? You don't go walking around with those."

"Yep."

"Scratch, your friends suck."

Vinyl puffed her cheek as she crossed her arms.

"Okay, not all of them." Aria sighed. Her body shuddered and a jolt of what almost felt like electricity ran through the girls at the table. She looked across the lunchroom, seeing Adagio and Sonata also looking as confused as herself.

"What was that..?" BonBon asked, flexing her hands as if they had went numb.

"...Magic." Aria said quietly, looking for the source.

-BRRRRRRRING!-

***

Trixie hummed to herself, looking through her notebook of tricks, idly taking note of different supplies she'd need for each of them. Her phone buzzed as she tapped at it with her left hand.

'Morning beautiful.' Trixie read, blushing lightly at her girlfriend's text.

She replied quickly before returning to her notes, she stretched with a yawn, the small black and red amulet she wore poked out from under her hoodie. With a second yawn she felt the exhaustion leave her as a jolt sprang through her.

Opening her eyes, they appeared with a red glow for a moment before it faded away and she rubbed at one.

"Ooh, what a rush of energy." She chuckled to herself, standing as the bell rang.

***

"So, how was your trip with Trixie?" The star athlete asked as she took her seat in front of Starlight. They both wore the crystal prep uniforms...small modifications were allowed, but uniform nonetheless.

"It was wonderful." She said with a dreamy smile. "Learning magic and being an assistant has been a lot of fun. Like, look." She took her hand, as if to show her a simple trick, but both jolted back after a light shock.

"Whoa! Static?" Indigo asked with a chuckle.

"Guess so." Starlight shrugged, looking at her hands.

***

Sunset sat in her first period class, taking notes as usual...until a soft buzzing alerted her.

"Who has their phone on?" The teacher asked with a sigh.

"Sorry...its um..I'll go put it in my locker." Sunset said, standing and rushing out with her bag.

"Wait-" The man sighed. "Whatever I'll give her detention later." He turned back to the board.

Sunset took out the book, reading over the new message.

"Sunset! Do you remember that quicksand that you fell through and came to equestria from? Well...an incident with a thief in our world caused several magical items to be lost in a similar portal. When we apprehended him, we found the portal. Testing it...we were in your world. This is bad, there are at least five extremely powerful relics that escaped. Please keep me informed if you find any."

Twilight then drew two of the five artifacts. "These are two of the more dangerous ones. We're looking for them first." One was in the shape of a horse head, a unicorn..? No. The sides looked like wings. An Alicorn.

"This is the alicorn amulet. Its magical potential is terrifying. Trixie's unicorn magic, as somepony not formally trained in combat magic trumped mine in every way. Now imagine that falling in any human's hands."

Sunset took pen to paper.

"I'll be on the lookout. I'll get the girls too. With our geodes we should be able to manage to track it down and contain it, hopefully before any lasting damage is done.”

“One last super important thing: You can't take it off of them. They have to willingly take the amulet off. I had to trick Trixie into doing that when we faced each other.”

‘Great. Let’s hope they don't know what they have on their hands…’ She sighed. “Right. I’ll keep you informed.” She wrote, taking out her phone, shooting a group text out to the girls.

“Emergency meeting, code 5.” It read.

She stood and turned to find the Principal, arms crossed.

“Miss Shimmer, what are you doing out of class?”

“Principal Celestia, I-”


“You should get back to-”

“There’s an emergency. I...kinda need some strings pulled?” She asked with a sheepish smile.

The principal’s expression changed to a concerned look. “What kind of emergency?” When her eyes spotted the notebook she had under her arm. “Is it a magic situation?”

“Yes ma'am.” She nodded. “I need my friends...this could get really dangerous.”

The taller woman sighed. “At least we know ahead of time.” She offered a small smile. “Follow me.” She turned, headed down the hall. “I’ll page them and tell them to meet at the band room. Handle this Sunset, I know you can.” She turned off to head to her office as Sunset felt a sense of pride well inside her.

“Attention! I need Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy and Twilight Sparkle to come to my office please.” Celestia’s voice spoke over the PA system.

***

Rainbow groaned, standing. “I didn’t do anything this time!” She whined, not having checked her phone, dragging herself out of the classroom. Fluttershy sheepishly followed her.

Applejack and Rarity exited their classroom, Pinkie and Twilight joining them as they walked to the office, Celestia standing outside.

“Girls, head to the band room...Sunset needs to speak with you.” She said simply.

“We aren’t in trouble?” Dash asked.

“...Is there a reason you should be, Miss Dash?”

“No ma’am!” She quickly began walking down the hall, the raised eyebrow of her principal going unnoticed.

They opened the door, Sunset turning to them. “Girls, we have a situation.” She frowned lightly.

Author's Note:

The end! Now I gotta do some more fantasy stuff...oh boy.

Thanks for reading!

Comments ( 8 )

10442396
Yeah, those kind of characters are always interesting to see.

Ohhh, seems I neeed to do some extra reading before tackling this but I'm exited!

10444149
I'm concerned because now it's heading into the magic stuff that I haven't finished writing :rainbowlaugh:

10444322
Take your time to prepare it, magic is always complicated XD

If you are unsure of something or want some advice you can send me a message

10444337
Think I'll wait until you're all caught up. Then we can chat about it. :pinkiehappy:

This is about to get interesting.

10834878
Thanks for checking out this fic. I had a lot written for the next part before I got sidetracked into all sorts of other stuff, but! It is all in the same canon, These characters all exist in the same world as my versions of the shadowbolts. I hope when I get them all together that it'll be a fun time. Thanks for reading!

10835228
You’re welcome.

Login or register to comment