• Published 11th Aug 2019
  • 3,999 Views, 21 Comments

Heir to the Throne - Arkantos

  • ...
9
 21
 3,999

A new dawn

In Manhattan, in front of the Statue of Pony Liberty, stood five ponies.

“Well, it looks like the Umbrums are back,” said General Thunderclap. “And Princess Twilight is one of them. Did I miss anything else?”

“Um, I think we should let the caretaker know what’s going on,” said Quiz Lamoni, looking at the wall.

A large shadow enveloped the wall of Pony Liberty, and a deep chasm formed. All five ponies walked inside.

The walk to get to their secret HQ took a while, so to break the silence, Hard Stone said, “I think the Order of Time should go into hiding.”

The other ponies looked at him, then Spitfire exclaimed, “Are you crazy? We have control over every major city and small town. If we go into hiding, we are giving in to Chaos, and you know what that would mean, right?”

“I know what that monster has done. But we have little, if any, choice if we want the order to survive.”

Before Spitfire could reply, Thunderclap said, “We’re here.”

In front of them was an ancient door with Egyptian symbols on it. One by one, each member held out their Seal of Time. As they did, the Egyptian symbols glowed in a bright golden color, teleporting the ponies away in the golden glow.

The ponies reappeared in what looked like an office, in which a pony-sized sphinx was going through some old folders about some long-forgotten pony who did something amazing a long time ago. But now was not the time to look for any leads on the legend, for she had guests seeking her wisdom. Her coat was red. Her claws and teeth were golden. One of her eyes was gold and the other was silver.

She stretched her wings, and then heard a rumbling sound around the room, like an object of some sort rolling on the floor, which, as it turns out, is what it was. Then the rumbling stopped. The sphinx picked up the object from where it landed, twisted it open, and heard Hard Stone’s voice as clearly as if he was there, saying, “Sanwa, meet us in the Umbrum section.”

Once she heard the words, Sanwa tossed the object into a basket. Then she walked to the door which led to the balcony. When she reached it, she saw rows upon rows upon rows of shelves, most holding wooden boxes and random trinkets. Some items were too big and just got placed in a cleared area. Sanwa flew above the shelves and as she flew, she recalled that some of the things inside the secret warehouse of the Order had some twisted history to it. But really, half of the stuff in these boxes were experiments gone wrong, and they were put in boxes and stored in this warehouse to keep Equestria safe.

The Umbrum section was right next to the Pyramid of Unicorn Pharaoh Dread Fall. As she began gliding downward, the sphinx recalled when this pharaoh had tried to harness the power of the sun. But what he hadn’t known was that he needed a great amount of power.

Sanwa reached the floor and entered the Umbrum section. There were several artifacts laying on the shelves, from Mystic Coat’s clock to the very first Umbrum king’s crown. The five ponies she was looking for were around a statue of the Umbrum king of terror and fear, Sombra.

“I’m just saying, we can’t give up just because of one Alicorn,” said Thunderclap.

“But we should be reckless? If she is in the presence of Celestia, then it’s more likely she will be gunning for us,” replied Hard Stone.

“Look, she’s here. Let’s just drop this conversation before somepony says something they’ll regret,” Spitfire said with some anger.

“Quite right. Let’s hear what our caretaker has to prophesy,” said Quiz Lamoni.

“Um, prophesy?” said a confused Snooty Blue.

“You don’t know.” said Quiz Lamoni. Snooty shook her head.

Quiz Lamoni explained. “The caretaker is a powerful creature, and works in mysterious ways. The caretaker is chosen randomly. However, no pony has been picked to be the caretaker, for the caretaker must have the ability to see through time itself.”

“Do you mean fortune telling?” asked Snooty Blue.

”Yes. Now be quiet,” Quiz Lamoni said as Sanwa closed her eyes. Her paws went to her necklace, and then golden electricity flowed through her body. She opened her eyes and a bright silver glow came from them. Then she spoke, and her voice was different, like several other beings were speaking in unison with her..

“I see...I see the Lord of Chaos breaking free. I see him turning the world upside down and right side up again. I see the Umbrums being welcomed back. I see the end of our Order. And there’s nothing that can stop it.

The other ponies exchanged looks of great concern. Then Sanwa closed her eyes, and when she opened them, they were back to normal. She said, “I think the Order of Time should go into hiding and wait for the right time to take back Equestria.”


Twilight walked and looked for the Umbrums, and she eventually found them inside Eclipse’s old town hall. When she went inside, she found the Umbrums trying to fix up the building. But try as they might, Twilight knew it would eventually get knocked down. because it was just too old. In fact, it was probably better that it got torn down.

Nightcrawler walked over to Twilight. “So, what happens now?”

“Well, I’m assuming you did what I asked?” replied Twilight.

“Yes, they are placed around the castle and the town of Eclipse. But I’m just asking; what are they?” said Nightcrawler.

“They are a simple protection spell in the form of rocks. Alone, one is useless. But place several of them around a small area and they create a strong barrier. To make sure no monster or evil force can attack. The Umbrums’ sanctuary,” said Twilight.

“Wait, what you’re saying is that this rundown town is a sanctuary for our kind?” said Snow Trail.

“Well, first we have to knock down some old buildings, and build new ones. Then repair the castle. But yes, I would like to make this a place where Umbrums can feel safe,” replied Twilight.

Crystal Shade was about to say something, but Nightcrawler interjected, “Sounds like a wise decision. Because we need a few more places to live in peace.”

“Well, hopefully Celestia will help with the new building part. Which reminds me, I have been invited to a party. You all can join me,” Twilight said as she walked out, seven Umbrums following her. Together they made their way out of the Ever Free Forest.


Party in Ponyville.

Back at Ponyville, the entire town was in Pinkie Pie party mood. Meaning, no matter who you were, you were partying as hard as all the other ponies in town were.

Twilight made her way to the town hall where she believed her mother to be. The Umbrums that went with her were not immune to Pinkie Pie party mood, and were soon off enjoying themselves.

Twilight finally found the town hall, and as she opened the door, she was grabbed by two pink hooves which pulled her in.

Twilight felt like she was being pulled in at hypersonic speed. Pinkie Pie dragged her to the center of the room where Twilight’s mother was.

Then Pinkie Pie exclaimed, “Hi! I’m Pinkie Pie, and I put together this party. When Princess Celestia told Luna about what happened in the last thousand years, of what you did when you finally got out, which got me thinking: you missed one thousand birthdays, so I decided to have a giant party for all the parties you missed.

Twilight looked around and saw all kinds of activities, like pin the tail on the pony. She saw ponies dancing to the party music and enjoying beverages and having cake. And, of course, there were all the presents. She found herself wondering who gave her these gifts, because she wasn’t exactly friendly.

Then Twilight said, “A thousand years ago, ponies didn’t celebrate birthday parties. Instead, they would go with their fathers to hunt monsters, and if they killed one, the birthday pony would have a piece of the monster as a trophy.”

All the ponies gasped and looked at Twilight strangely.

Then Celestia got up and said, “Twilight, that’s the past. Nowadays, ponies celebrate their birthday with a party. I’m sure you can adjust to the times.”

Luna said, “This is a strange world. Why does my sister look taller than me?”

Everypony bursted out laughing. Eventually, they calmed down from their laughter and went back to the party.

Twilight then saw somepony she had done wrong and walked over to her.

Princess Cadence was dancing. When Twilight walked up to her, she stopped and walked outside with her.

“Look, I’m sorry. I was angry at Celestia, not you.”

“I wasn’t angry at you. I pitied you. When I felt your presence, you were angry and mad. But I don’t hold anything against you. And the very fact that you are apologizing and looking for my forgiveness speaks volumes.”

Then Twilight and Cadence shook hooves. In that moment, Twilight felt her magic and recognized it from when she fought that EUP general. If Cadence was anything like her, then it would cause problems, for Cadence’s magic was a match for Princess Amore.

When Cadence and Twilight came back, Sunset was sitting at a table with Rainbow Dash and Applejack.

“Well, I guess she’s not that bad once you get past the darkness inside her,” said Applejack.

“But you didn’t witness the destruction she can cause. For instance, she can create an army of undead soldiers that will follow her every command.. And she wanted to flatten Canterlot,” said a very worried Sunset.

“Whoa, whoa, Sunset, you need to settle down. So she was a little angry at her aunt. It doesn’t mean she’ll destroy Equestria,” said Rainbow Dash.

Sunset sighed. ”Maybe you’re right. I’m probably overthinking things and focusing too much on the worst case scenario. But I will not let my guard down and neither should any of you, because she is dangerous."

The party lasted the entire night and into the next morning. Twilight looked at the sunrise. a“Looks like it’s a new dawn.”

Back at the Canterlot hedge maze, the statue of Discord had an unexpected visitor. A pink earth pony with swirly eyes hovered near the statue and said, "Aw, pony feathers. That ended with much less chaos than I was hoping for. I suppose the world will get boring again."

Then she heard her father's voice in her head. "Oh, don't be such a wet blanket, my little abomination, for I think this little story is just getting started."

Then Screwball went to hug her father, though, being a statue, he couldn't hug back. "I just can't wait! I want to cause some chaos now!"

"No need to go cuckoo for coco puffs. That is what Azula is for. When the time is right, we will make Equestria our playground. Mwaha ha ha ha ha!"

Author's Note:

Well everyone that was my first story what do y’all think.

And don’t worry I planning to do several others. The next one is called The hunters of secrets.

Comments ( 7 )

"No need to go cuckoo for coco puffs. That is what Azula is for. When the time is right, we will make Equestria our playground. Mwaha ha ha ha ha!"

ATLA reference?

10448591
hi do you need something?

10448620
i was just wondering if your planning to continue this story?

10449254
Only a crazy person would just leave a story like that so yes I do plan to continue the story just as soon as the other stories gets done

10449254
Yes I’ll try my best to bring more actual danger for the characters in the sequel

Login or register to comment