• Published 11th Aug 2019
  • 3,999 Views, 21 Comments

Heir to the Throne - Arkantos

  • ...
9
 21
 3,999

Got out

It was long search, but Sunset finally found the filies. She walked up to them and said, "So, what was this about?" The first to speak was Rarity. "Well, I believe it's my fault, for you see, I thought I saw something and chased it into the hedge maze. But I ended up getting myself and my friend lost."

Then Sunset look at the pegasus with the rainbow mane and tail.

"We were acting on a dare, and it was stupid, and before we knew it, we were lost," said Rainbow Dash.

Sunset looked at the pegasus, not believing her story, but it didn't matter. She took a deep breath and said, "Well, if you’re done playing and being daring, I will bring you out of the maze and back to your school group."

The four looked at her, confused. It was Fluttershy who said, "How are you going to do that? Even with your horn, you couldn’t lift us all out of the maze."

Sunset smiled and lit up her horn. A bright yellow light started to emit from the horn, flowing in a line along a path. The four fillies said at the same time, "Wow."

Then Sunset said, "This light will bring us out of the maze."

The five fillies began to make their way out of the maze, following the magical yellow line.

After they had been walking for a couple of minutes, Applejack said, "Good thing you found us, because I think Rainbow and Rarity got us even more lost than we already were, and the last thing I wanted was to stay lost with Rarity."

Sunset responded with "Thank you." She glanced at Rainbow and continued,, "I think Rainbow Dash was lying to me when I asked her why she and her friend were back there."

Applejack replied, "Of course she was lying. First off,I know when somepony is lying. Seriously, who goes into a maze to settle a dare? I mean, who does that? But also, she did tell Rarity and me why they were out here, and it certainly wasn’t to settle a dare." Sunset smiled as they continued walking through the maze.

When they finally got out of the maze Applejack, Rarity, and Fluttershy saw two Solar Guards waiting for them. Sunset and Rainbow were deep in conversation as they exited the maze, but they stopped when they bumped into the other three fillies.
Sunset looked more closely and saw one familiar Guard. "Hi, Shining Armor,” she said, “how was the museum?"

Shining Armor was a white unicorn teenage colt with a blue, light blue, and dark blue streaked mane and tail. His eyes were light blue and his gold Solar Guard armor hid his cutie mark.

He replied, "Fine, but Cloudsdale and Ponyville are each missing two ponies. And Celestia is waiting for you to start your weekly task."

Sunset exclaimed, "Oh! I completely forgot! I saw these ponies going into the Canterlot hedge maze, and I thought they might get lost, so I went in to get them out." She then turned around and said to the fillies, "I hope to see you all in the future."

The four fillies hugged Sunset. When they broke the embrace, Sunset lit up her horn. It glowed brightly, and then poof she was gone.

"Show off," said Shining Armor.

"Wow, she must be getting very advanced lessons for a unicorn," said Rarely.

"You don't know the half of it," said Shining Armor. "She is Celestia’s prize pupil and she’s in the Canterlot School for Gifted Unicorns. They teach really advanced magic there." Then, for a moment, Shining Armor looked on with guilt and a little hurt in his eyes. He wiped the tears that had started to come out and said with a sniff, "She has a rough life, and I think it will only get rougher. But she is my friend, and by the looks of it, she has four more friends?"

"Well, yeah, who wouldn't want to be her friend?" exclaimed Rainbow Dash with a confident grin.

"Well, I suppose your classmates are getting worried. We will bring you to them." They started walking towards the train station.

Back at the entrance of the Canterlot hedge maze, Crystal Shade walked into the maze. As soon as he walked in, he felt the umbrum magic pulsing. He knew he had to tell his mom. He quickly walked out and teleported back to his home.

In the middle of the night, Sunset was busy reading after her first lesson from Celestia. They had a chance to talk and she told the Princess of the Sun about her nightmare. Her teacher’s first task to Sunset was to learn all she could about the dream realm. And her homework on magic was to study and read these books about dreams. She started with the book by Starswirl the Bearded. It was tiring, to say the least, but her father soon came up with her supper, daisy sandwiches.

Back at Crystal Shade’s home, his mother had just come inside. Crystal Shade hugged her and said, "Did you figure out a plan in case things get out of hoof?"

"No,” Snow Trail replied. “I don't even know where this Royal Umbrum is."

Then Crystal Shade said, "I think I know who the Royal Umbrum is. I think it could be King Sombra, and I think he is inside the Canterlot hedge maze."

His mother looked at him questioningly, and did a magic scan. She then said, "No, you didn't find Sombra, but you did find his heir. We need to wait for the heir and answer if they call.

Ten years before nightmare moon eclipse.

Twilight misjudged how long it would take to break free, but it finally began happening. One final crack made its way to connect to another crack and crunch! As soon as that final crack connected, all the cracks glowed at once, a beam of light shot into the sky, and the stars grew brighter.

Then, four more beams of light went up into the night sky, caused by magic crystals; one at Canterlot barracks, one behind the entrance to the catacombs, a third at the Canterlot museum, and the final one at Canterlot train station.

Twilight’s beam died down and an explosion of shadows surrounded her. She absorbed the shadow cloud, and said, "Yes, I am free, Celestia, I'm coming for you."

As she spoke, several empty suits of armor started to rise up, and along with them rose several piles of pony skeletal remains. The suits of armor and the skeletons started to come together, forming an army of undead ponies. They then began to walk out of the maze.