• Published 11th Aug 2019
  • 3,999 Views, 21 Comments

Heir to the Throne - Arkantos

  • ...
9
 21
 3,999

Realization Part one

As soon Twilight said this, Sunset asked, “Who are you?”

For a couple of seconds, no one said anything, then Twilight said, “Of course she erase anything about me and my family. Celestia is always keeping others in the dark.” Then she looked at Sunset and asked, “Do you know how the ponies won the Battle of the Crystal Empire?”

Sunset gave a blank stare and said, “The Battle of the what now?”

Twilight looked at her and said, “How about Discord’s chaotic rampage?”

Again, Sunset gave her a confused look.

Then Twilight did a facehoof and said, “So Celestia refuses to let anypony know about the past! She is playing a dangerous game. I just hope you don’t fall in with her.” Twilight walked past her.

Sunset said, “I was wondering...why are you attacking Canterlot? It’s just not the pony thing to do.”

For a couple of seconds, Twilight said nothing. But then she said, “Equestria used to be a different place. A thousand years ago, ponies fought to survive one monster after another. This peace-loving land is one that I don’t recognize, so I thought I would put Canterlot in the kind of danger it was in back in the age that I am used to. It appears that all ponykind is doomed.” And with that, her horn lit up and consumed Sunset with its light.

Back at the barracks, Shining Armor walked towards the crystal. But the Sun Court wizard appeared in front of him. Shining asked, “Do you think it’s wise to destroy such a powerful and magical crystal?”

The court wizard responded. “From what we know, these crystal are what are keeping the skeletons and hollow ponies up and fighting. I would rather see these things destroyed. Who knows how many lives will be saved when these crystals are destroyed?”

“But aren’t you curious!?” asked Shining Armor. “Just think about it. An undead army for Celestia to command. I mean, if we found out how this magic works, we would not have to worry about threats of any kind.”

The wizard looked at him seriously and said, “Are you crazy? This kind of magic is god-like in its power. It would be impossible to achieve this kind of magic without a century of study. I don’t think the Princess of the Sun would risk her ponies like that anyway, so I will destroy this crystal whether you like it or not.”

Then the court wizard lit up his horn and four elemental balls appeared. One ball was of fire, another was made of ice. The third was a lightning ball, electricity bouncing off of it. The fourth was an earth ball with crystals inside of it. All of the balls headed to the crystal and detonated.

As the dust cleared, the court wizard said, “It is done. And now you and your ponies can go through the portal.” Shining was about to say something to the court wizard, but then a portal opened and his ponies ran into it, picking up the Captain of the Solar Guard’s helmet as they ran. Shining entered the portal after them with the court wizard following him.

Sunset was standing in a white void. She looked around and heard Twilight’s voice saying, “If you really want to know, then I will tell you.”

The void changed and suddenly Sunset was in the middle of a coronation party where she saw several ponies she didn’t recognize. But then she found one pony she did know. It was Celestia. Celestia was in her full glory, and next to her was another alicorn with a dark blue coat and a flowing blue mane and tail. The mane and tail appeared to contain a whole galaxy. Next to the adult alicorn was another younger, purple alicorn that Sunset recognized as Twilight. By the looks of it, young Twilight had just gotten crowned Princess of the Stars. But she had a look of disappointment on her face, for she saw that her mother and aunt were arguing again.

Out of nowhere, the voice of Twilight said “Celestia may have hidden the truth about Equestria‘s history.You notice that she enjoyed being the one in the spotlight? She paid little if any attention to my mom and me. She didn’t see the problem with how she acted, and the problem got worse and worse. Then my mom snapped and challenged Celestia by raising the moon over the sun. But Celestia used the elements of harmony and banished her to the moon.

My mom is still on the moon. That was also when I was imprisoned in stone.

But eventually, I broke out, and here we are, all thanks to Celestia.”

Then a bright light engulfed Sunset, and she found herself back at the Canterlot hedge maze. Sunset looked towards Twilight. The Princess of the Stars said, “Now you know about how much she keeps from you and all the other ponies. Do you really think you can truly trust her?”

Sunset was lost for words. She was about to answer, but a light suddenly appeared, bright as the sun. The light made its way in front of Twilight, then dimmed down. Princess Celestia was revealed, in all her glory, looking at Twilight with kindness, for she had believed she would not see her niece ever again.

*A few hours ago*

As Shining Armor and the court wizard walked down the halls, Shining said, “I’m sorry, I don’t know what I was thinking. It’s just, so many ponies are gone now, and I was so angry that I just came up with crazy ideas. It was so stupid of me!”

The court wizard put is his hoof on Shining’s shoulder and said, “It is important to remember the fallen, but don’t linger on the past. Instead, look to the future.”

Shining looked at the wizard, who continued, saying, “I know what power does to ponies, but I don’t let that knowledge consume me. The very fact that you apologized for your actions speaks volumes about your character. We do what we think is best to help our Princess.” Then he removed his hoof and continued walking to the throne room. Shining quickly followed him.

When they arrived, they found Celestia there. She listened to what Shining Armor was telling her about the failed attempt to rescue her prized pupil. When Shining told her about Red Dawn’s fate, Celestia shed a tear.

Then her court wizard said to her, “While I was waiting by the crystal for Shining Armor, I did a magical scan. This is as powerful as you, Princess, so I grabbed it.” He levitated what was left of War Path’s helmet, and Celestia did a magical scan of her own. She recognized the alicorn magic surrounding it.

She called one of Spitfire’s Wonderbolts and said, “Tell the E.U.P. that I am canceling the written order. The Wonderbolt saluted and flew away.

Celestia then looked at Shining Armor and said, “You are right about the good and bad decisions. I want you to protect Cadence with what is left of the Solar Guard.” Shining Armor saluted and ran out with the other four ponies. But before he was gone from the room, he heard Celestia mumble, “Oh, Twilight, I will not fail you. Not again.”