• Published 11th Aug 2019
  • 3,999 Views, 21 Comments

Heir to the Throne - Arkantos

  • ...
9
 21
 3,999

The lunch

Several months later, Celestia woke up and lit up her horn to raise the sun.

As the Princess of the Sun walked down the hall, she yawned, for she did not sleep well.

In the middle of the night, a pony had woken up Celestia. It was the captain of the Lunar Guard, a pony named Blue Dawn, who told the Princess of the Sun that Star Swirl and his commrades had disappeared the night before and no one knows where they are. Later, Celestia found a letter from Star Swirl telling her that he went to stop a great evil, one that could spread darkness to all of Equestria.

"So," the alcorn said, "he left to stop this great evil. Seeing as how the world is still bright and colorful, he must be holding this evil back."

Life in Canterlot soon returned to normal, or as normal as it gets.

Celestia decided to visit Clover the Clever, her court wizard. She walked past a maid cleaning a row of stained glass window showing past heroes and legends of the castle. Celestia remembered Clover the Clever telling her about one of the heroes who had apparently managed to hold back half of the griffin army. There was once a time when ponies and griffins got along. But one pony managed to inspire all of Equestria to defend their borders from the griffins, and the pony hero’s name was Odysseus Hooves. From what Clover the Clever knew of him, Odysseus had killed at least 3000 griffins.

Odysseus’s picture on the stained glass window depicted him wearing light armor and holding two short swords. His mane and tail were buttery yellow in color, his coat was dark green, and his cutie mark was a shield and a yell of “Hey.”

Clover the Clever also remembered reading about a city that just couldn't exist. It couldn’t possibly exist because it sounded too ridiculous. But the books said it was an empire filled with crystals, incredibly beautiful and majestic. The book also said that the residents of this city could spread good emotions all throughout the entire land. It just sounded ridiculous. But it had disappeared. There was a reason it disappeared and his name was Sombra, the tyrant king, the lord of shadows, the bringer of fear. He had banished the entire empire so that when the time was right, he could conquer all of Equestria. She knew he was real because her teacher Starswirl the Bearded imprisoned him in a seal deep in Canterlot. At least, he imprisoned his body.is There are many ways he could see through his imprisonment because he is an umbrum. He doesn't really need his physical body because he can move his consciousness to any form of shadow.

She entered the library which was filled with several bookshelves. The Princess of the Sun found Clover the Clever and walked over to her.

The court wizard was looking through a book that had several complicated spells that Celestia couldn’t believe existed.

The Princess of the Sun saw that Clover the Clever noticed her.

Clover the Clever turned around and bowed to Celestia, who said, “Rise, my court wizard, for I wish for you to join me for lunch. If it is alright with you.”

It looked like the court wizard had to think about it. But then she saw how sad Celestia became and said, “I would like to have lunch.” As they walked out of the library, Clover the Clever noticed that Celestia looked happy.

During the following walk through the hall, the maids would bow and the Solar Guard would salute, but Clover the Clever knew what the Princess of the Sun had lost and thought maybe she needed a friend. So, they talked while walking and before long they reached the castle dining room.

Once they were seated, Celestia said to one of the waiters, “I’ll have the Canterlot salad.“

The court wizard said, “I’ll have a daisy sandwich with a side of grass.”

As they waited for the cook to bring their lunch, Clover the Clever broke the ice. “How are you doing as Equestria’s new ruler?”

“Truth be told, it’s boring,” the Princess of the Sun said. “At first, I didn’t know how the subjects would take going from two princesses to one.”

“Well, it looks like you’re doing very well.”

Then, the Sun court wizard said with a dreamy look, “I think in three years time, I would like to retire.”

Celestia looked up and said, “So soon after Star Swirl disappeared? What made you change your mind?”

But as soon as she said this, she realized what the dreamy look was. “Are you in love?”

The court wizard blushed as soon as she realized her secret had been revealed.

“You met somepony. How?” the Princess of the Sun asked.

Clover the Clever cleared her throat and said, “We met in the castle library, and it’s a funny story. I was levitating twenty books. And he was levitating one large history book of Equestria, and we crashed into each other and the books flew all over the library. But afterwards, we talked to each other and soon we became more than friends. He is a stallion named Sun Blast. His mane and tail are red and yellow, and his coat is maroon. His brother is the captain of the Solar Guard. Does it bother you?”

“Are you kidding!? When is the wedding!?“ Celestia exclaimed, asking one question after another.

The Sun court wizard said, “We plan on having the wedding in five years time.”

They talked for half an hour as they ate lunch.

Soon, lunch was over and the Sun Princess and the court wizard went back to their duties. Clover the Clever was in charge of the Canterlot School for Gifted Unicorns, and Celestia was in charge of day court where ponies or nobles came to the Princess of the Sun to tell her their problems, but usually, it was just nobles.

Celestia was barely listening to a noble named High Blood as he complained about something, for she was missing her sister and her niece.

Author's Note:

There is a lot of bad part so I thought what the harm to bring some happy moments.

And I like to give a shout to Miss Dash and said thank you.