• Published 21st Apr 2019
  • 1,972 Views, 12 Comments

Equestrian 'Hero' - InsaneMan



I never questioned my sanity before. Well, after I saw talking ponies, I just questioned my own existence.

  • ...
10
 12
 1,972

Chapter 16: Tangled Thoughts

I look at the horror around me. Blood...blood was everywhere. Where the bodies came from...my dead friends. Their bodies was layed spread on the ground, their bodies mutilated. I look at my severed arm poking at my friend's corpse.

After that Thing ripped it off, it became sentient and started move around on it's own. I looked at the revolver in my hand. Sooner or later that thing will come finish the job. Speaking of which, the creature decided to come back.

The creature looked like a giant spider, but its face was humanoid. It looked at me, smiling with blood coming out of its mouth as it slowly crawled towards me.

I slowly raised the revolver to my head and fir-

*Click*

My eyes widen as I hear the click of the gun. I was done for...this thing will kill me just like the others. I close my eyes, ready for my demise.

.................

I slowly crack open an eye to see that I wasn't in a room, but I was in an open area full of stars. I looked at my arm to see that it was connected to me. I also realized that the injuries I've sustained were gone. I felt better. I look up to see a dark blue alicorn with green eyes. Her mane looked like a starry night. On her flank was a black splotch with a crescent moon on it.

"Art thou alright?" She asked.

I nodded my head as I got up. I looked at her, she seemed familiar to me, but I couldn’t put my finger on it.

Who are you?” I asked.

This seemed to have upset her as she looked at me sadly. “You don’t remember?”

I looked at her closely, then it hit me. “Luna?” She smiled and chuckled at my expression. I laughed, “Last time I saw you, you were barely up to my pelvis. And your mane and fur were a lot different. Now you’re taller than me! Seems alicorns change quickly.”

She sighed, “Yes, it has been a while, that is why I am here. My sister seems to have a great interest in you.”

I raised my eyebrow, “So you want me to tell you what I’ve been up to?”

She nodded her head. But before I answered her, I wanted to know our location. I looked around the place. It looked like I was in the middle of space.

“What is this place?” I asked.

“Your Dream World,” she answered.

Okay, so I am dreaming. So if that's the case, then I should be able to do something about our area. I closed my eyes and concentrated on my thoughts, remembering my old home town. I hear Luna gasping. I smiled a little and opened my eyes and saw that we were on the roof of an old abandoned building, one of many. I look over and see tons of buildings, some taller than the other. I look down to see a lot of cars going back and forth, either to work or home. I look over at Luna and see her eyes wide as she sees all of it.

“So, what did you want to talk about?” I asked.
She didn’t answer, still staring off into the city. I rolled my eyes. It's not that impressive, I thought.

I walked up and gently tapped her on the shoulder.

“What is this place?” I hear her whisper.

I chuckled, “Luna, welcome to Dimtopia...the place where I was born.”

I then sat down and explained the events that got me to Equestria. She seemed surprised that some weird item brought me here. I told her that I still had it and was messing with it when I had time, but it wouldn’t work. I then looked down.

“Is something wrong?” She asked.

I sighed, it's now or never. “Do you remember Night?” I asked. Her eyes widened and she slowly nodded. I then explained to her of the events of the poison joke incident. She chuckled as I told her about what happened to the others, but when it came to me, Sarah, and Night, she became intrigued. Apparently what happened to the three of us never happened before. I then told her that when we were cured, instead of going back in my head, Night turned into a filly alicorn. And then came the moment that made my thoughts tangled.

“Tonight I noticed that Night was shivering, possibly from the cold of winter. So I made sure she was warm by tucking her in properly. But before I went to sleep, I heard her call me...dad.”

This took her by surprise. I mean I would be too if I heard that an old enemy of mine called my friend dad.

"I know this is weird and all, but it's just confusing. After everything that's been happening, I don't know what to do anymore."

We just sat there in silence, both of us just looking at the scenery. It was beautiful, I'll admit, but behind this beauty is a pit of hell waiting to swallow me up.

"Are you afraid?"

The question came out of no where and it was so simple. But it felt like an entire dump truck rammed into me at full speed.

I looked at her and sighed, “Yes, I’m afraid. I’m afraid that one day, something or someone will appear and hurt everyone here. I don’t want that. So I want as few connections as possible so when the time comes they won’t be used to getting to me.”

I stopped to catch my breath, that's the reason why I don’t want Night to call me dad. I don’t want her used as a hostage when someone wants me dead. I pulled my knees in and laid my head down. A few tears started to pour down my face.

I didn’t know how long I was there, nor did I care. I suddenly felt something soft wrap around my body and a slow rhythmic humming followed. I could hear Luna giving the whole “Everything is alright,” and “It's going to be okay,” talk that I've heard others say a thousand times already. What's different about this one though is that I believe her.

After a few more minutes my tears dried up. I gave a chuckle, “So how much do I owe you for the therapy session?”

She smiled down at me, “Just a promise.”

I looked up at her intrigued, “And what would this promise be?”

She leaned down until her horn was on my hand. Her horn glowed and everything started going blurry. Before everything could be completely wiped away I could hear Luna say something that did not sit well with me.

“Be the hero that Equestria needs.”

Author's Note:

I'M BAAAAAAACK
Ya, sorry for the long wait, dealing with personal problems, but here it is.
So real quick, I want feedback. Tell me how to improve my story, not "You suck at writing" type of things. Feedback on what to add who to add to the story type deal. Welp see you next time, hopefully soon.

Comments ( 1 )

Color me intrigued. I hope the story continues soon, cause that was one heck of a chapter.

Login or register to comment