• Published 21st Apr 2019
  • 1,963 Views, 12 Comments

Equestrian 'Hero' - InsaneMan



I never questioned my sanity before. Well, after I saw talking ponies, I just questioned my own existence.

  • ...
10
 12
 1,963

Chapter 12: FlutterBorn

I was walking towards Fluttershy’s house because her and the others needed my help. I also noticed a huge line of smoke coming from the mountains. “Seems the mountains are smoking up a storm,” I said, continuing towards the cottage.

Sarah decided to stay at home because the whole Ursa Minor thing made her tired. Which doesn't make sense because I was the one running away from the giant bear. I saw the path leading to the cottage and quickened my pace, wanting to get their quicker. I saw Twilight, Spike, Rarity, AppleJack, and Pinkie Pie standing in front of the cottage. As I walked closer I could see Fluttershy being forcefully pushed by Rainbow Dash. Fluttershy was giving a fight as she was holding the edges of the doorway with her hooves.

‘For someone so shy, she can put up quite a fight,’ I thought, standing next to the others. The others noticed me and smiled, I smiled back.

“So, you wanted to see me?” I asked, still watching Rainbow struggle to get Flutters out.

“Yes we did,” Twilight answered. She pointed a hoof over the smoking mountain, “Princess Celestia entrusted us with dealing with a dragon that’s sleeping up their.”

I looked back at Twilight and pointed towards Fluttershy still struggling to stay in.

“So, I’m guessing the reason Flutters doesn’t want to come is because she’s afraid of the dragon sleeping in their,” I said.

“Correct,” Twilight answered.

Suddenly, a loud crash was heard from inside the cottage and, peering inside, saw Rainbow on the floor clutching her stomach. ‘Fluttershy wins, Fatality,’ Nightmare said, mimicking Shao Kahn’s voice. I just chuckled and walked in. I walked in, avoiding Rainbow on the floor, and saw Fluttershy cowering in the corner. I saw the other animals looking at me, some intrigued by the new creature and some scared.

There was a white bunny, with a carrot in its paw, standing in front of Flutters. Pointing at me with the pointed end of the carrot, he was protecting her. I stopped in my tracks, crouching down on one knee.

I looked at the bunny and smiled, “May I talk with Fluttershy?”

He stared at me for a moment, glaring daggers in my soul, before he silently hopped to the left. I give him a silent thanks and slowly walked towards the scared pegasus. I gently reached forward and gently stroked her mane. She gasped and quickly looked up. Once she saw it was just me she smiled, then looked away, blushing.

I heard the others walking in and decided to calm Fluttershy’s nerves.

“So, you’re scared to go with the others?” I asked. She nodded meekly, just enjoying the feeling of me petting her. “And you want to stay here while the dragon is dealt with?” She nods again. "You don’t have to be afraid, you know." She looked at me quizzingly. I chuckled, “You have friends that will protect you, so you don’t have to be afraid.”

She looked like she was in thought for a moment before she turned and smiled at me, “You’re right.”

She stood up and walked out the door, head held high. The others were looking back and forth between the doorway and me. I shrugged and headed out the door, followed by the others.


You know all that gusto Fluttershy had at her cottage? Well, it’s now gone because she’s on my shoulders, shaking. We were walking up the mountains, very steep if I may add, and my legs started hurting. ‘You know Nightmare, I think I’m going to have a word with Celestia once this is over.’

She chuckled, ‘Good luck with that.’ I rolled my eyes and kept walking, the others in front of me. We finally made it to the cave the dragon was sleeping in and I collapsed to the floor. I layed there for a couple of minutes before I picked myself up and looked at the cave. It was pitch black in their, nothing could be seen.

“Okay, we’re here. Now what?” I asked, annoyed.

“Well, we need to wake him up and asked if he could leave,” Twilight said.

Rainbow pumped her hoof in the air, “I’ll teach that lizard to not mess with Ponyville,” she said, before zooming in the cave ignoring our protests.

I looked down at Spike, who was telling me and Fluttershy jokes and a few things about his past.

“Hey, Spike,” I said, getting his attention, “You’re gonna find out why you shouldn’t wake up a full grown dragon.”

He looked at me and opened his mouth...only to be interrupted by an ear piercing roar and Rainbow flying out of the cave. Just then, a giant green dragon appeared, clearly pissed off that he was rudely woken up. The sarcastic guy that I am, I answered him.

“Would you like to have a word about our lord an savior, Jesus Christ.”

Everyone looked at me weirdly as I smiled. The dragon looked at me and his eyes went wide, then a smiled appeared on his lips.

“Seems a human decided interrupt me during my sleep,” he lowered his head, “Please, tell me why I shouldn’t just at you and your ‘friends’ up.”

“Well, we have an earth pony that can probably kick you to the moon, another earth pony that can defy the laws of physics, a unicorn that can attack you with sewing needles, a pegasus that will zap you with a thunder cloud, a baby dragon that can send a letter to the goddess of the sun, a pegasus that can understand animals, and a student of the sun goddess.”

He looked at me with interest, “And what are you?”

I chuckled, “I’m her student,” I said pointing towards Twilight. “And you are a very angry dragon that probably wants to kill us,” I said calmly.

Everyone was nervous, besides me, about what the dragon thought of me. He turned his head to look at Fluttershy, cowering behind me.

He smiled at licked his lips, “She’ll make a nice meal.”


Thinking of something to do, I went with the first thought that went through my head.

“Fluttershy!!! There’s another dragon behind you!!”

The look on her face was one of absolute terror. She quickly started flying forward, trying to get away from the “dragon.” What I saw next confused the hell out of me. When Fluttershy flew forward, she ran right into the dragon’s stomach. Instead of stopping on his stomach from the impact, she pushed the damn dude all the way into the cave.

The dragon quickly flew out, crying. I couldn’t help myself anymore. I started laughing loudly as the others stared in shock. Tears poured out my eyes as I kept laughing, pounding on the ground. I slowly got up, still giggling a bit, and watched Fluttershy slowly float over to us.

“Um...did I do good?” she asked, quietly.

I put my thumbs up and smiled. I looked at the others and my smiled vanished. All of them glared at me, clearly not pleased with what I did. I sighed, and turned to Fluttershy.

“I apologize for scaring you like that. I just went with what I thought was right. Clearly, it wasn’t.”

She smiled at me, “That’s okay.”

I chuckled, no matter how bad things were, they always seemed to look at the bright side. I looked at Twilight and saw she was still trying to figure out what happened. I chuckled and gently started patting her mane.

“Maybe you should tell Celestia what happened.” She looked up and nodded, starting down the mountain again. “You also look cute when your all stressed out,” I added, smiling.

Twilight’s face quickly turn red as Rainbow started laughing. I quickly felt my lips being zipped up.

“You are not talking until we get home, mister,” she said, clearly embarrassed.

I shrugged, ‘At least I can go home and not worry about the dragon,’ I thought as me and Spike followed Twilight.

I had this weird feeling in my chest as I followed her. I tried figuring it out, but everytime I look at Twilight, I get distracted. We near the edge of the mountain when I started realizing something; everytime I saw Twilight, morning or night, I saw something either adorable or cute about her. I noticed the feeling in my chest got greater as we walked through the door. It was night, so we said goodnight and Twilight headed upstairs, along with Spike.

I took off my clothes, safe for my boxers, and layed down in my couch/bed. I closed my eyes and started dreaming. It wasn’t the dream I’ve been having, it was a different dream. I walked through a beautiful clearing, nothing but neatly cut grass. I kept walking, wondering what was going on. I was now wearing the clothes I came here with and the weird necklace around my neck.

“Trystyn!!” I heard a voice yell behind me.

I turned and saw a purple human with horn and wings...and she was naked. I recognize the voice from the girl and my eyes widen.

“Twilight?” I said, surprised.

She quickly ran up to me and jumped on me, making me slam to the ground. She was sitting on my chest, smiling down at me. I smiled back, not paying attention to the weird dark blue glow. She grabbed my face and leaned in to kiss me, I instinctively did the same. When our lips met, I immediately sat up. I started panting and was trying to decipher what that dream meant. After a while, my eyes went wide as 1 thought went through my mind: I’m in love with Twilight.

I slowly put my face in my pillow and I let out the biggest scream that I could muster, without waking up Twilight, Spike, and Sarah. I slowly put the pillow back on the side of the couch and layed down.

"WTF am I going to do with this idea."

"I don't know, but you could start telling me why you're screaming into your pillow, bud," Sarah said behind the couch.

I sighed, "I'll tell you in the morning, okay Sarah," I said before closing my eyes.