• Published 21st Apr 2019
  • 1,962 Views, 12 Comments

Equestrian 'Hero' - InsaneMan



I never questioned my sanity before. Well, after I saw talking ponies, I just questioned my own existence.

  • ...
10
 12
 1,962

Chapter 15: New Members

I sit and stare at the 3 fillies, all smiling. It already started snowing so I stayed inside because I didn't want to freeze out there. While Twilight and Spike went to go pick up groceries, me and Night stayed here, making myself some hot cocoa.

Then, these 3 fillies show up in front of my door and I let them in.

"What do you 3 want?" I ask, putting my mug down.

"We want to ask you two something," Sweetie Belle said.

I gently pet Gilbert and gesture for them to go on as Night does the same.

"Do you have a cutie mark?"

I raise my eyebrow, " You do know I can't get a cutie mark, right?" I pointed at Night, "She doesn't."

They all look at me with wide eyes and mouths wide open.

"Why not?" Scoots ask.

I shrug my shoulders, hinting to them that I have no idea. They sigh and look down sadly. I felt bad for these 3. I looked out the window, seeing the snow gently fall down. I then put 2 and 2 together why the CMC asked that question and looked at them with a smile.

"You wanted to see if we wanted to join?" I asked.

They flinched at my question, but slowly nodded.

I picked up our mugs and walked to the kitchen, Night following me. I washed the 2 mugs and put them on the drying rack. I look down at Night and sighed.

"They wanted us to join their little Crusade," Night said, looking up at me.

"I know," I said.

We quietly looked in the Living room. The CMC were still looking down. We looked at each other and smiled. We knew what our decision was.

We walked back in the living room, the CMC still looking down. I grabbed my new green coat Rarity gave me on my birthday and put it on while Night put her hat and scarf on. Gilbert flew off my head and landed on his bed, closing his eyes.

We walked over to them with a smile on our faces.

"So, what if we join you?" I asked, getting their attention.

"Really?" Apple bloom asked.

"Yes, we thought about it and we want to join," Night added.

We were quickly tackled by the fillies as they laughed and hugged us. After our little group hug I looked outside with a smile.

"And I know what we can do to celebrate us joining the Crusaders," I said.

"What?" They asked, eager for my answer.

"Snowball Fight."


I look at our fort and smiled. The fort was up to my knees and was very firm. This was going to be great. I haven't had a Snowball Fight in years, but now it's happening. I left Twilight a note about where we were at just in case they came home before us.

"Ok, we got the fort, snowballs, and a team. Now we need a name," I hear Applebloom say.

"How about Team Awesome?" Scootaloo said.

I chuckled as they started coming up a name for our team.

"How about Team Blank Flanks?"

We turn and saw Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon looking at us. There was also a mare with them. She had pink fur and purple mane and tail. I couldn't see her cutie mark because it was covered by a blue coat. From the looks of it, that was Diamond's mom, Spoil Rich. We all groaned. These two always gave Apple bloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle hell.

I noticed Spoil was glaring at me.

"What do you two want?" Scootaloo asked.

"Well, we came to enjoy the nice winter but I guess there's nothing nice with you blank flanks around," Diamond said, making us glare at her.

"Seems they got new members," Silver added, pointing a hoof at me and Night.

This is where Spoil decided to add her own thoughts.

"Seems there's another blank flank in town," she turned towards me, "and a human."

The way she said human was cold, like she hated saying that word. I notice the ponies who were working stopped and looked in our direction.

"Leave us alone you two," Sweetie said.

"And let that THING roam around our town," Spoil said, pointing to me.

I clenched my fists when she said that. I get it that back then humans were monsters and killed a lot of ponies, but I'm different. I look at the other town's ponies as they stare at me, some with glares.

"Humans are nothing more than monsters that takes everything and will hurt others to get what they want," Spoil continued.

More ponies showed up to see the commotion.

"It would be most wise for you to back off," Night told Spoil.

"Ya!! Trystyn didn't do anything wrong!" Scootaloo said.

"Shut it," Spoil hissed.

"Hey, leave her alone," I said, glaring at her.

She looked at me with a bigger glare.

"You're the reason why most foals had to grow up with out family. You're the reason why everybody hates you. Because it's YOUR fault," Spoil said.

Everyone was now glaring at me. They started agreeing with her and wanted me out of town. They started throwing snow at me. I look over to the fillies and saw that they were looking at me with sad looks.

I looked over to the bitch who started this, and saw her smiling.

"STOOOOOOOOOP!!!!" Someone yelled.

The ponies stopped and looked over to where the scream came from. I turn my head to see Twilight and the others running towards us.

I smiled as they came to us. Twilight ran and hugged me, almost knocking me down. I hugged her back and was glad to see that I still had friends.

Sadly that was ruined when Spoil had to say something.

"Why are you hugging that thing."

We stopped hugging and looked at her. I flipped her off as Twilight walked up to her.

"Ms. Rich, why are calling my friend a thing?" Twilight asked.

Diamond and Silver looked up at Spoil to see her reaction. Spoil eyes widen at the question.

"That THING is your friend?"

"Yes, I am," I said, brushing off the snow.

Twilight nodded, "Yes, he's correct. Now," Twilight looked Spoil right in the eyes, "I would kindly ask if you would take these two fillies and leave."

I looked at Rainbow, who was watching the whole scene.

"Do you think this will work?" I asked.

Rainbow shrugged. We heard gasps and turned to see what's up. Twilight was on the ground and Spoil was standing over her. I quickly rushed towards her and helped her up.

I froze when I saw that she had a black eye. I turned and glared at Spoil.

"Who do you think you are talking to me like that peasant!! I will not be talked down like that," Spoil said.

I stood up and walked towards the bitch. With one quick motion, I picked her up by the coat. She looked at me in fear as I hear the ponies gasp.

"Listen here you bitch," I said through clenched teeth. "I don't care who the fuck you are, but you do not hurt Twilight." I could see in the corner of my eye the ponies looking at me in fear. I glared at the bitch hanging from her coat. My left eye was hurting a bit, but I didn't care. "You may think you're invincible, but you're wrong. You can be hurt just as easily as any other pony here." I let go of her coat and she dropped to the snow, hard. "Now, get the fuck out of my sight," I growled.

She quickly got up and ran, Diamond and Silver following. I watch as they ran, probably home.

I sigh, 'Time to face the music,' I thought.

I slowly turn around to see all the ponies looking at me in shock. It was silent for what felt like eternity. No one said anything, but just stared at me. Twilight slowly walked towards me, no emotion on her face, which is weird I might add. I closed my eyes, waiting for whatever punishment she was going to throw on me. But what happened next confused me. Instead of yelling or hitting me, Twilight was hugging me.

"Thank you. That could've gone way worse,but you handled it just fine," Twilight said.

Twilight broke the hug and I looked down at her and smiled. I looked at her black eye and frowned.

"Do you need an ice pack or something for that eye?" I asked.

Twilight seemed to get what I was saying and shook her head a bit, "It should go away after a few days."

I looked over at the pile of snowballs and picked one up with magic. I gently let go of it and it landed in my hand. I asked her to close the black eye and, with hesitation at first, she closed it. Gently, trying not to hurt her, I put the snowball against her eye.

"This should work for now and you should be careful not to hit a doorknob," I said, which got a chuckle from her.

"Awwwww," We hear the ponies say.

"They're so cute together."

"He's so caring."

"Why can't my husband be like that?"

Me and Twilight looked at each other for a moment and looked away with blushes on our face.

"Alright, alright, everypony shows over," Spike said, making the crowd leave.

"So why are you outside Trystyn? You said you didn't like the snow," Twilight said.

I look towards the CMC and smiled.

"Well, those three can explain it to you," I said, pointing at the fillies.

They had bright smiles on their faces and began to tell them what went down. Me and Nightmare looked at each other with grins and picked up a snowball while the others were distracted.

After the filly's story, the mane 6 gave me a look of curiosity.

"Is this the truth?" Twilight asked.

I nodded, "Me and Night decided to join them, instead of being cooped up in the house all day. So, we went outside to have some fun, like right now."

"And what is this fun you guys are having?" Rainbow asked.

Me and Night quickly threw our snowballs at her, hitting her twice in the face.

"Snowball Fight."


I look over from my fort and quickly duck, a snowball missing me by centimetres. I look to the side seeing AJ right open. I aimed and fired my snowball. SPLAT! The snowball hit AJ right in the snout. I smiled and went back to my fort.

I look back at my team, which consisted of me, The Crusaders, Night, and Pinkie; Team Crusader. I look at the enemy; Team Fighters. This consisted of Sarah, Rainbow Dash, AppleJack, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Twilight.

We were here for awhile now, one team would throw a snowball at the other team and they would either be hit or dodge the attack.

Everyone but me and Sarah that is.

Me and Sarah was very good at dodging, mostly because of the fights me and her got in. Ponies even stopped and watched what we were doing, mostly me and Sarah since we didn't get hit. This was getting tiring, we were running low on ammunition, the sun was going down, and I could hear yawns coming from everyone here.

I took a snowball and stepped out from behind the fort.

"Trystyn what are you doing"

GET BACK HERE!!"

"He's a goner."

I could hear The Crusaders voices. I tossed the snowball up and down and looked back at them and smiled. I could see that they believe I would be alright. I turned back to the enemy and walked forward. They looked at me and were confused as to why I was walking towards them with one snowball, Dash took the "Advantage" and threw a fast ball at me.

I quickly moved to the side and kept walking. They all saw this and decided to throw multiple snowballs at me. Twilight and Rarity using their magic to grab multiple, AJ kicking them quickly while Fluttershy gave them to her, Rainbow, using her speed, kept grabbing and throwing them. Sarah Stood there and smiled, knowing what's about to happen.

My smile widened and I threw the snowball in the air and did started dodging all of the snowballs. I ducked, sidestepped, and even did a back flip to dodge the snowballs. After the barrage was over, I stood there, still smiling, with no snow on me from the snowballs. I looked around to see everyone's faces showing shock.

I hear Spike, who was spectating us clap his claws. I hear a whoop come from Scootaloo. I looked at Sarah, my grin widening. I held up 4 fingers and she looked at me with a perplexed look.

4

"Hey, what's that?" I hear Pinkie asked.

3

Everyone but Sarah looked up in the sky and gasped.

2

Sarah slowly looked up but it was already to late.

1

SPLAT! A snowball landed right in her face. She wiped the snow off and glared at me. I smiled as I walked over to her, saying one simple phrase: "I win."


I laid down on the couch still chuckling from the snowball fight. I remember Sarah was chasing me around, pissed off at me. After a while she calmed down. We said our goodbyes too everyone since it was getting late. The Crusaders told me and Night that they will think of more ways to get a cutie mark.

Speaking of Night, I look across the room to see her curled up, shivering. I sighed and picked up one of my blankets; a black one with stars on it. I put it on her, trying my best to not wake her.

After that was done, she smiled and snuggled into the blanket. I went back to the couch but froze when I heard Night mumble. It wasn't that I was afraid she woken up, but what she said in her sleep.

"Mmmmm, thank you...Dad."

Author's Note:

Sorry this took too long to post up, I had a lot of stuff on my mind and sometimes I didn't have the energy to do so. I'm fine, so don't worry about it. The question is though is if you guys want me to do more chapters before the Winter Wrap Up or skip straight to it. Also, you guys can tell me if my chapters are shit or there's bad grammar in it. I want to make this a good story to read not just for me but for all of you guys and gals too. So, be as brutally honest to me as you can.
Another thing is that if you people want me to add an OC or another character in the story, let me know in the comments. Okay I rambled off long enough. Thanks for reading.