• Published 6th Feb 2019
  • 771 Views, 4 Comments

Apple Bloom vs. the Werewolf - Brian Sheil



A farm girl has an encounter with a nasty creature of the night.

  • ...
 4
 771

Trouble in the Moonlight

On a beautiful moonlight night, Apple Bloom walks outside her house. Wearing a purple flannel shirt and blue bib overalls, she’s ready to stroll to the barn.

“Apple Bloom!” Applejack called. “Where are y’all going?”

“I’m going to the barn, sis.” Apple Bloom answered.

“Better be careful. I heard talk that a werewolf has been spotted at many farms. Rumor has it that he’s around here, at Sweet Apple Acres.”

Apple Bloom started to get nervous. “Sounds scary. But, I’ll be careful. I promise.”

Applejack placed her hand on Apple Bloom’s shoulder. “Just watch yourself, my little barefoot sibling.”

“Okay, Applejack. See you later.”

Apple Bloom walks outside on this crisp Spring day. As she made her way to the barn, she meets a strange light gray skinned boy with black hair. He wore a white shirt, blue jeans, and he was barefoot too.

Apple Bloom walks up to the boy. “Howdy, friend. What’s your name?”

The boy answers in a deep voice. “My name is Crescent.” Soon, he starts to look scary. “And, I’m friends with nobody.”

Suddenly Crescent starts pushing Apple Bloom lightly, and takes her into the barn. As they enter the barn, Apple Bloom starts to get worried. “What’s this all about? You sure are a strange kid.”

Crescent looks at Apple Bloom, and gives a creepy answer. “Nobody must know my secret.”

Crescent takes out a piece of rope, and ties Apple Bloom’s hands behind her back. The farm girl gets scared. “Why are you tying me up for?”

Feeling impatient, Crescent pulls out a long piece of white cloth and wraps it around her mouth so she wouldn’t talk or scream for help. He gives her a frightening order. “Sit down!”

Apple Bloom nervously obeyed him and sits next to a support beam. Taking out another piece of rope, Crescent tied her ankles together. Apple Bloom is now bound and gagged.

“Pretty soon,” Crescent informed the helpless farm girl, “you’ll face a dark nightmare.”

Crescent leaves the barn with Apple Bloom helpless in her current state. Outside, Cresent looked up into the sky. The full moon is out. He then pulls out an amulet with a wolf’s head marked on it. He wore the amulet around his neck.

Moments later, Crescent looks at the moon. He opened his mouth and his teeth became razor sharp. He looked at his hands. They grew long sharp nails. His body began to grow, slowly ripping the cuffs of his shirt.

His toenails grew and got sharp as the bottom of his pants rip off. Inside the barn, the bound and gagged Apple Bloom starts to get nervous, wondering what’s going on.
Crescent’s transformation continues as his ears became long and pointed.

His body grows, ripping the sleeves off his shirt, popping the shirt buttons off, and ripping open holes on the knee area of his pants. His mouth and nose extended into a long pointed snout. His eyes became red.

The transformation is done as Crescent fully becomes a werewolf. Crescent howls at the moon. Hearing the howl, Apple Bloom desperately struggles to free herself from her ropes.

Suddenly, the werewolf barges into the barn and growls loudly. Apple Bloom sweats up a storm as the creature comes closer, claws extended. Fortunately, Apple Bloom freed her hands, unties the rope from her ankles, and dashed away just as the werewolf slashed at her. He missed.

Removing the cloth from her mouth, Apple Bloom runs out of the barn and heads for the house.

“Applejack! Granny Smith! Big Mac!” Apple Bloom called out. “Help!”

Applejack comes out to see what’s going on. “Apple Bloom. Where are ya?”

Apple Bloom rushes to her big sister’s arms. “Applejack. Are you a sight for sore eyes?”

“What’s wrong, sis?”

They both saw the werewolf marching towards the house. Then, they both rushed into the house. The beast soon wanders off. Inside, Apple Bloom told her sister her horror story.

“I met this boy near the barn.” Apple Bloom explained. “But, he had me go into the barn. Then, he tied me up and left the barn. Minutes later, the werewolf you told me about started after me. But, I freed myself before he can get his claws on me.”

“Aren’t y’all glad you learned about knots from my cousin Braeburn, sis?” Applejack asked.

“I sure am. But, where’d that beast come from?”

Granny Smith brought a book with her and flipped through the pages. She saw a picture that caught her interest. “Apple Bloom. Did this beast wear this amulet?”

Apple Bloom looked at the picture. It’s of an amulet with a wolf’s head on it. “Yes. That’s the one.”

“I thought as much.” Granny Smith figured as she tells everyone a scary story. “This amulet curses anyone who wears it. The spirit of a werewolf resides in that amulet.”

“So, anyone wearing that amulet changes into a werewolf?” Apple Bloom asked.

“Yup. The only way to break that curse is if the amulet is off the wearer.”

A loud howl is heard. Applejack looks outside the window. “There’s the werewolf! It’s probably going to harm our animals. Including our horse, Penelope!”

Apple Bloom prepares to walk out when Applejack stops her.

“Wait, Apple Bloom!” Applejack warned. “That beast could hurt you fatally.”

“Somebody has to stop that beast.” Apple Bloom said with concern.

“I know.” Applejack then had an idea. “Sis, we’ll handle this together. Here’s my idea.”

Outside, the werewolf stalks the area. It slashes the trees and birds fly away. Applejack and Apple Bloom hide behind another tree.

“Remember, sis.” Applejack whispered. “As soon as I weaken that thing, you yank that amulet off it.”

“Roger that.” Apple Bloom quietly replied.

The creature growls as it picks up an old wagon and tosses it across the grass. Suddenly, a powerful punch lands on the monster’s stomach. Applejack rushes in and pushes it to the ground. She then turns to her sister. “I got him dazzled, Apple Bloom! You’re up!”

Apple Bloom rushed on to the werewolf. As the beast is dizzy, she quickly yanks the amulet off it. Applejack pulls her sister back as the werewolf suddenly changes.

The creature shrinks and changes from wolf back to human. Apple Bloom recognizes him. “Hoo-wee! It’s Crescent!”

“Didn’t you say that boy tied you up in the barn?” Applejack wondered.

“Yeah. He must’ve been possessed by the wolf spirit in this amulet.”

The sisters hug each other knowing the nightmare is over. Later, an ambulance is at Sweet Apple Acres. Soon, a doctor helps Crescent, who was restrained with a straitjacket, into the ambulance.

“Easy, son.” The doctor comforted. “Two to three days in the mental hospital will calm you down.”

Crescent was grateful for this. “Thanks, doctor.”

As Cresent is being taken to the hospital, Apple Bloom, wearing a sky blue nightshirt, places the wolf medallion in a little box. And, places the box in her desk drawer as Applejack comes in.

“Putting the amulet away?” Applejack asked.

“Yep.” Apple Bloom answered. “Ready to bury it in the ground. This way, nobody can use it again.”

“Good idea. Sweet dreams.”

As Applejack leaves the room. Apple Bloom climbs into her own bed, turning out the light, and going to bed. At least there will be no werewolves causing trouble now.



THE END

Comments ( 4 )

Good work, focusing on a character who gets nowhere near enough love on this site. Have a follow from me.

Thank you, Blue EM2. I have 9 other stories here. I hope you like them too.

Did you make the cover art? You reply to comments by moving your mouse over to the right hand side of the comment you want to reply to and clicking on the >> that appears.

9444499
Yes I did. I made the cover art for all of my stories.

Login or register to comment