• Published 30th Jul 2018
  • 322 Views, 23 Comments

Delivery Express - computerneek



He thought it would be a long journey- but when he and his train find themselves on the Equestrian railroad, 'long' acquires a new meaning.

  • ...
 23
 322

Chapter 5

She goes for the air brakes as soon as the station comes into view. The way Twilight had spoken had suggested the station was much further away from the corner than this, so she’s moving too fast for a normal stop.

What’s more, the station platform is too close to the tracks. Unlike a train, a station platform could contain concrete. There are at least four ponies on the right side walk of her lead locomotive, in prime position to get crushed if it falls off the tracks.

Not to mention the destruction of the equipment, or the fact that all the rest of the ponies would have a slim chance of survival, if any. She hopes the wooden platform is all wood, even as her computer takes over the task of reducing to emergency stopping pressure once again.

… She was too late. She’ll still hit the platform- but it’ll be slow enough that, even if it contains concrete, her locomotive shouldn’t be knocked completely off the tracks, just tilted.

She doesn’t even feel the bump. As the station platform reaches the front of her locomotive and begins to slide past it, she spots fragments of wood flying away from that corner of the locomotive.

Then she grinds to a halt, before passing through the entire station. A flick of the brake handle again dumps all remaining pressure; the computer hadn’t finished equalizing just yet, and quickly resets to manual control mode. She strikes the controls to shut down the locomotives, double-checks her reflection, and heads out to the front walk. She stumbles on her way down the interior staircase, but avoids collapsing, before she reaches the door.

Author's Note:

And with that, this story is cancelled, for lack of plot.

A nice scenario, a nice starting position, if I may say so myself- but this story lacks a plot, and therefore doesn't last long. I'm sure digging up a lot of plot-free scenario stories in my publication loop, aren't I?

Comments ( 5 )

Aw man, and this was one of the more interesting concepts too.

9531256
Yes, yes it was. Unfortunately, it had no plot.

I may re-use the idea in the future, with a plotline involved- and, likely, with a different opening.

9531261
Exactly how much of the "Plot" would have to be seen at this point?

11781264
Seen? None. But it’d have to have one, so it’d actually have a direction to go in.

Login or register to comment