• Published 27th Jul 2012
  • 1,573 Views, 27 Comments

Are there such things as, "Second Chances?" - Pia



You are dead. You have died, and in the life before, you had loved and lost.

  • ...
3
 27
 1,573

A&Q Dreamscape

WE LAST LEFT OFF AT!

Twilight questions, "Where are you from? Or, why are you here? And as I said before, what are you?"

"Where do I begin?" You ask.

Q&A Begins.

"Please start off by telling us where you came from." Twilight inquired, grabbing a quill and parchment.

You open your mouth expecting words to fly out. Instead, you close your eyes and dig into your brain to try and muster whatever knowledge you have about mankind and it's origins.

"I come from a place called Earth." You state. With a feeling that your answer was laconic, you add substance to it.

"Humans like me," you point to yourself, "inhabit Earth."

"Long before I was born, humans wandered the Earth as nomads. Nomads explored the Earth searching for food, for their

families and generations to prosper from." You explain.

"Humans had wandered around the world until their food sources became scarce. When their food sources had diminished, they had settled down." You exhale, and take a seat.

"When those settlements had prospered and became populated with more humans. Those settlements became larger, and they became into villages." You put your hand in front of yourself.

"When those villages became larger, and even more populated those villages turned into towns. Which in then turned into cities."With your progression your hand moved farther to the right.

"With the improvements of settlements and their successors, came the creation of objects and tools that benefited the lives of the humans that lived within those areas." You inhale, and exhale. You take a quick glance at Twilight, in which you see her speedily taking notes.

You glance around the room only for a second to pinpoint objects similar to ones on Earth. "Those objects are similar to this lamp," You motion to said object, "books, paper, electricity, and many other inventions." You state as your right hand makes a circling motion.

You positioned your left hand under your chin, and had slowly been lost within your thoughts. With that, your mind explodes because it could not fathom most of the inventions and contraptions created by human ingenuity. You hear mumbles from what seems farther away from you. But what pulls you back to your original spot, is the motion of a purple hoof only but a centimeter's length from your face. You come back to reality to see a slightly frustrated Twilight Sparkle.

"What's wrong Twilight? Do you not like the concise explanation of my species, Homo sapien?" You inquire.

You ponder on explaining the brutal side to the race of Homo sapien. But that quality of a human may ruin your possibilities of the ponies in front of you of ever trusting you.

"Sorry, it's just that you haven't heard what I asked you the first time. When you put your thing," She motions to your hand,

to your chin.

"I asked, 'Who are you?'" She answers in a demanding tone.

You chuckle slightly, trying to alleviate the tension from yourself. You exhale slowly, and begin to share your personal information. Such as your name, your height, your weight, your gender, your age, and your nationality. But you felt weightless at the moment, getting something like that across to someone made you feel lightweight. So lightweight that you were actually standing without your knees trembling. You feel movement around the area from your shin to your waist. You look downwards to see that the ponies that introduced themselves earlier, are now acquainting themselves to your figure. Sometimes you felt an occasional flexing of your bicep, and poke at the stomach. Each pony had circled around you had taken in every feature, and trait of your person. Including the asking of many random questions.

"Are you athletic?"

"What is fashion like on Earth?"

"What is your culture like?"

"Do you like cupcakes?"

"Do you have pets on Earth too?"

"How does the food taste like?"

These questions have somewhat overwhelmed you, and you couldn't really answer them all at once. Leaving you speechless.

But there was one question that hit you.

"Do you have a, 'special somepony?'"

Your heart skipped a beat. You had immediately adapted to their language. It was similar to English, only words that had ended in, "-one," had that part changed to pony. What seemed like hours were only milliseconds. Milliseconds to

understand and decipher what the pony had asked. Instead of giving an answer you had asked a question.

"What is a, 'special somepony?'" Your voice had rasped, and it became slightly harder to talk.

"Ah, you know. A special somepony is like a, 'marefriend,' or a, 'coltfriend,' for example." Your question had been

immediately met with an answer.

You sniffled as you were rubbing tears that glistened your eyes, while also blocking your vision. The ponies originally

circling you had been taken aback by your reaction to the answer. They knew you understood. You were smart. You know the genders of a horse. A colt being a male, and a mare being a female. It slightly hurt you. The ponies had noticed that they had pulled at the strings of your heart.

"You don't have to answer that sugar-" Applejack tried to say, attempting to relieve you from your distress.

"No, I have. I-I. I have to. I have to explain." You manage to say as your throat had become tighter. Making it harder to

breath, let alone speak. You tried to say something, but your lips did not move.

"I did have a, 'marefriend.'" You finally said. The tension in your throat slowly escaping.

"Did? You did?" Applejack inquired. The tension in your throat returning.

"I di-."

"Applejack, it isn't polite to ask somepony, something that personal when you first met them." You sensed a bit of tension

within Rarity's voice as well. But the eloquence of her speech had slightly rid you of your tightening throat.

Applejack looked to Rarity, then adjusted her gaze to you. "I'm sorry that I asked something mighty personal to ya'. Will ya' ever forgive me?" She asked extending her left hoof.

You smiled at her, and you shook her hoof. 'hoofhandshake.'

You recall the task at han-er. Hoof. And muster up all of the courage within yourself.

"I did have a, 'special somepony,' she was my, 'marefriend.' Her name was. Rebecca." You paused to rid a tear from your eye.

"She was because.. Because..." You began choke on your own saliva, and became unable to speak.

"She died. She died in my arms." You surmounted your inability to speak, emphasizing the word "Died."

You finally broke down.

You fell back into the sofa behind you, crossed your arms, and buried your head deep within them. You cried like the night

Rebecca actually died. The vivid memory came back to you fueling your tears. But you didn't sob, you didn't moan. You only cried, shedding tears for the one you originally loved. Little gasps were heard here and there. But you only felt the tears slowly dampening your shirt. You finally let go all of the feelings you had bottled up in those past three weeks.

You feel the warm embrace something slowly wrapping around you. You slightly pick your head up from your wet sleeves, as a butter-cream colored hoof rid you of your tears from your rose-red cheeks.

"Don't worry. It's OK. You don't need to say anything else.." A calm and comforting voice had reassured you, as you felt a soothing rub against your back along with something nuzzling the back of the right side of your neck. You sniffled as you pulled the thing closer to you. Returning it's warm embrace, and burying your head deep into its coat.

You take in the smell of sweet honey along with the surrounding feeling of a soft and silky coat.

Never in your life did honey ever smell this sweet.

You cried into its coat for what seemed like an eternity. It absorbed your sadness, leaving you an empty space for happy emotions and jumping for joy.

"Thank you.." You say within its coat as you pick your head up.

You look into the eyes of the pony that had ceased you r crying. You gazed into her sky blue eyes as she gazed into yours. You notice that it was the pony that was originally afraid of you. Her name was Fluttershy. She breaks eye contact by leaving the hug abruptly and moving back into her group of friends quickly. They shifted their stares from that cute embrace, to the scrambling butter colored pony trying to get back into her group of friends.

You were surprised it was Fluttershy that had soothed you. You notice that they huddle and that they had gathered around Fluttershy. You hear audible whispers as you try to listen to their conversation. Sometimes the group would glance at you and go back into their huddle. But you manage to pick out a few phrases from their conversation.

"Smells good."

"Muscly."

"Defined."

"Weak?"

"Sad."

"Nothing wrong.."

"Looks good."

"Dresses well."

You could only stare at them as they would take quick glances back at you. In what had been a little eternity the ponies had broken up their huddle.

“For tonight! You’re staying with me!” Twilight Sparkle broke the silence.

You had a worried look plastered upon your face. Was this a jail sentence? You only hoped that she would rephrase her

original statement.

She had blushed while noticing your discomfort, and rephrased her last statement.

“You could stay with me tonight. It’s late, and it would be troublesome for you to go out at night. Since you can barely stand.” She had nodded along with the other ponies.

“Besides you would slow me down anyway.” The rainbow mare had exclaimed.

You hear a thump, “Well some of us have,” Applejack had corrected the rude remark of Rainbow Dash.

“Now everyone go home, it’s late.” Twilight slightly and subtly demanded, obliging to open the door.

All five ponies had waved as the exited.

“Goodnight! Have a good sleep sugarcube!”

“I hope you’re ready for an awesome party tomorrow!”

“We have to chat some more about, ‘Earth,’ and its fashion.”

“We should race!”

“Good night! Maybe you can come to my house tomorrow! Maybe you can meet Angel!”

You replied with only a wave as everypony left. Twilight closed the door after the last pony had exited.

“I have a guest bed for you, and it’s close to mine. If you want to sleep that is.” She yawned.

“Well, you and I have a very busy day tomorrow.” You say.

“Why?” Twilight seemed confused.

“Since I told you everything about myself, I want to know everything about everyone I just met. Including where I am.” You smile at the idea.

She yawns, “In the morning I’ll fill your mind with said information. I’ll make sure to wake you up early on said morning.”

“Why so early?” You ask.

“I’ll have to explain to you a concise history of Equestria Along with getting you acquainted with all of the other ponies of Ponyville.” She replied.

You took in the slight information she had given to you, “You” were in ponyville. A town filled with other ponies. Just like the

one standing in front of you, and similar to the others that you had met before.

“Now follow me to the guest bed.” She leads you up one flight of stairs, you’re following her.

“Twilight, are you sure it’s OK for me to sleep in a bed made for a pony?” You seemed concerned.

“If you want, I can have that bed replaced with something bigger. I may have a COT your size somewhere up there.” She pondered.

“If you would,” you asked, “I don’t want to break your guest bed.”

She smiled, “Thank you for your consideration.”

You spy the beds in front of you, they were small. You worries had proved you right. You probably were not going to be able to fit in a bed like that, for it was more for someone, or somepony half your size. You eye Twilight as she moved closer to her bed.

Her bed was different than the guest bed. Seemingly different because yours had a purple comforter, accented with white and pink pillows. While hers had a starry night themed comforter containing stars and moon crescents, along with one large white pillow pressed against the backboard. Her name had somewhat perked up within your mind, Twilight Sparkle. It shows a liking to idea of stars, and many other celestial bodies.

She moves to the guest bed, her head moving from side to side, searching for the COT she had previously mentioned. Her head bobbed in all sorts of directions, until she had her protruding horn glisten with a magenta aura. From under the bed came said COT in a folded up position, but the said item was also covered in a magenta aura. This caught your attention and had you making a slight inference between Twilight and the unset COT.

“Twilight,” the mentioning of her name caught her attention, “are you moving that with your horn?” You ask.

She smiled at the general curiosity of her horn, “Yes, yes I am. But with magic!”

“… Magic?” You place your hand under your chin to ponder, as Twilight set up the COT. These ponies can use magic!

MAGIC! That’s freakin’ crazy! CRAZY!

The mentioning of your name now grabs your attention, “What?” you say out of instinct.

“Your COT is set up,” The purple pony had returned to your vision.

YES, sleep time!

Twilight had placed said COT next to the guest bed, also moving the sheets and pillows of the guest bed to your COT.

“Thank you Twilight!” You say as you face plant onto your COT.

You hear a snicker, “Goodnight!” You hear your name said as you are slowly embraced by the warm being known as

sleep.

Your eyes open slowly, as you are settled next to a food stand in the middle of a bustling market place. This place seems

familiar, like where you used to live. You see similar faces, and everything feels all too real. Someone moves their hand in

front of your face whilst making a snapping motion.

“Hey! Sir, are you going to buy anything? Sir?” The snapping motion brings you back to where you originally were.

“Uh.. No?” You move farther away from the stand, placing yourself into a large crowd of people.

You could hear unanswered questions, weird statements, and random rambling. Many of the people around you sounded somewhat similar, yet very familiar. They sounded like the people you used to know, and even the friends you originally had. As you moved along with the large crowd that you couldn’t really separate from, the world had slowly materialized itself. You were in the city now, cars moving fast on the road, people yelling from open windows, and people would also be yelling from the sidewalk.

“Food 50% OFF!”

“BUY YOUR BURGERS AT JOEY’S CANTEEN!”

“TACO TACO TACO BURRITO! “ This had startled you a bit.

Until you pass a homeless man holding up a sign, “Nothing is real.” It had said.

The statement of the homeless man slowly started to sink in. To take in everything you had just experienced, you move off to the side just to take a seat to withstand the knowledge you hold. You were originally at a marketplace, but now you were on a sidewalk, far away from your original destination. Weren’t you originally in ponyville? And in the same room with a purple unicorn named, “Twilight Sparkle?” Where was she? Where are you? Until you finally say.

“Where am I?”

The sound of giggling and girlish laughter catches your attention. It sounded very familiar. Something that you should remember.

“Who’s laughing?” You scream.

The crowd dissipated leaving you by yourself in an empty world, no one was around, you were alone. There was a choking silence, if you were to drop a pin you could probably hear it. You hear the laughing again, and you pinpoint where the sound had originated. With that pinpoint you see a being in the distance, and you spy what seemed to be long hair.

Long brown hair.

“Wait a minute..” You start walking towards the being.

Your walking pace turned into a sprint, as you felt the ground tremble under you. Your head moved all over the place, seeing the whole city crumble in front of you. The feeble tremble had become a massive earthquake, destroying the city. Windows had broken, stands, and the sidewalk under your feet had slowly cracked open.

You ran forward to catch the being, avoiding the cracks in the sidewalk under you. “Wait!”

It turned, and you caught a slight glance at its face. It quickly turned back around and ran forward. In order to catch up, you also ran as fast as you could. The world may have been collapsing around you, but the sheer curiosity of the being running away kept you going. Pieces of buildings had slowly fallen from their original places, landing within the cracks of the sidewalk. But there was no one to scream, no one to die, no one to fall. Just you and the being running away from you.

The being had made a sharp turn into an alley, its agility was magnificent. You turn into the alley, and almost fall to your side. You stumble, but manage to pick yourself up. You look down the dark alley way, and you don’t see her. Instead you hear the sound of hastily placed boot steps above you. You raise your head and see that the being had taken the chase to the fire escape above you.

You look for a way up and see a ladder from afar. You sprinted as fast as you could to reach the ladder. You had jumped at least a foot to reach said ladder. The feel of rust upon your hand felt surprisingly, rusty. You slowly climbed up the ladder and had reached the fire escape. You raise your head to see if the being was still above you, and it was. It was almost on the rooftop of the building. You sprint up the fire escape, desperate to see who the being was.

“WAIT!” You screamed again.

The being simply kept moving forward and faster than you. You had finally reached the rooftop, where the being was halfway across it. You ran after it.

“WAIT!” Your voice cracked.

“PLEASE STOP!”

The being ran over the ledge and jumped to the adjacent building. Catching itself on the adjacent ledge, and pulling itself onto the roof. You followed to do the same thing, running as fast as you could on the present rooftop, and leapt off of the edge. In between the buildings, you tried everything to propel yourself forward. You flapped your arms rapidly, moved your legs erratically, and just tried to push yourself forward.

It didn’t work.

You started to lose altitude, and with every last attempt to move yourself forward you had failed. You reached your hand out to grasp the adjacent ledge, but you couldn’t grab it. You missed it by an inch.

“Fuck.”

You closed your eyes, knowing your imminent doom.

Your eyes were closed until you didn’t feel air moving past your hands or your head. You opened your eyes, to take in the site of a brick wall. You look upwards and see that the being that you were originally chasing had stopped your fall.

“Who are you?” You ask.

It simply smiles at you, its face materializing in front of you.

The features of its face had slowly taken form in front of your eyes.

It had long brown hair, a beautiful face, and. Sky blue eyes.

It was someone you knew, someone that had meant the world to you.

“Rebecca.” You manage to say.

She nods, showing approval to what you had guessed.

“Let me up!” You say with slight laughter.

She shakes her head, as a tear had fallen down her face.

“I can’t hold on like this forever!” You say.

She simply smiles, and shakes her head again. “I know you can’t, because you can’t let go.”

“Let go.” She forces herself to say.

“What?”

“Let go.”

Your hand slowly moved from her grip, “Rebecca! PULL ME UP!” You scream, as you try to pull yourself up.

“Let. Go.”

She released her grip from your hand.

You slowly fell backwards as the words, “Let go.” Had echoed throughout your mind.

Life was at a standstill, moving as slowly as a slug. You had fallen backwards in between two buildings, staring at the

woman who made you let go.

“Rebecca, I can’t le-“

Your back had impacted into the ground.

Sheer impact had opened your true eyes. Your back had arched, your breathing had increased, and your eyes moved faster than a cheetah.

“Let go..” You say to yourself.

Your eyes absorbed the scene around you. There was a sleeping Twilight Sparkle in the opposite bed, and it was still night time.

This dream had dropped a bombshell upon you.

Rebecca had told you to let go.

You pushed the knowledge aside, knowing you were going to think about it later.

But, you know what? You deserved some sleep.




Author's notes:

I may not continue this.

I have no idea.

But I hope I may come up with something soon.

Anyone got any ideas on how to continue this?

Comments ( 13 )

Why is cot spelled in all caps? :rainbowhuh: Doesn't make any sense to me...

Continue explaining the different worlds.
Then bring me out to the streets of ponyville.
And here would be a cliffhanger. :twilightsmile:
The rest is yours. :pinkiehappy:
And I also like it. :eeyup:

Pia

980486
Thank you very much! :pinkiehappy:
I'm trying very hard to improve everything about my writing. :pinkiecrazy:
I've lost myself in my work, but you know what? I'm enjoying it. :pinkiesad2:

980598
Thank you very much! :derpytongue2:
I'll try and inspire myself to make more chapters. :pinkiehappy:
I hope I can make more. :pinkiesick:

982319
Thank you! :pinkiehappy:

1011911
I know, but it seemed right at the moment. :pinkiehappy:
It had a lot of closure. :rainbowkiss:
I like closure. :derpytongue2:

1065147
it seemed right for me. I don't really know why. :raritywink:
I hope it didn't annoy you while you were reading. :scootangel:

1065525
I'll try to! :rainbowkiss:

1066187
Thank you! :yay:
I'm going to try and move a lot faster with my writing. :scootangel:

1069352 Nonono take your time. Summer is coming to the end and school starts and stuff like that. Don't rush it and you can focus on other important things. I have to stop writing and reading fanfics 'cause of that. I think you should continue with that when there were no more important things in your way. BUT of course... you know how can YOU write this. I'm just sharing my opinion. :P
And your welcome. :twilightsmile:

Not bad so far, liking it a lot.

Though I noticed "You look into the eyes of the pony that had ceased you r crying" has a typo

Otherwise, keep up the good writing!

Me gusta. Keep writing. My only advice would be to find an editor, I'm interested to see where this is going.
One thumb and a star added.

I said wouldn't comment, but A. Formatting messed up or something. B. Dream sequence was AWESOME.

Take him to the market place.

I LOVE HUMAN SECOND PERSON STORIES!
You sir, are my new favorite person. :yay:

Azurini sent me. Solid story, very few grammar errors. You hit the same problem I did. I've found that almost every second-person story hits a point where the author has no idea what to do next, because there is no definite plot. In order for a story to work, there needs to be a problem that the main character has to try to solve. In these two chapters, nothing is really developed plot-wise. "You" had the girl of your dreams, confessed your love, she loved you back, car accident, she dies. Several weeks later, you die a similar way. Wake up in Equestria, meet the mane 6. They ask the usual questions about you (what are you, where did you come from, etc.). Night comes, you go to sleep, have a dream that reminds you of your girlfriend.
That's what has happened so far. From that, I see no 'problem(s)' that need to be solved. Unless you create one (say, Discord comes back, changelings attack again, new villain, etc.), I'm afraid I'd have to say there isn't really any way t continue this story, unless "you" just get shipped with a member of the mane 6 (I'd assume Fluttershy, seeing as how she was the one comforting you). Now, I know I may have just put a damper on your day, and I'm sorry if I did, but that's the honest truth. Either add a problem soon or re-write the first two chapters. I know neither one of those sounds like fun (I actually had to do both - neither one is) but that's all I can think of to be able to continue this. Sorry if that isn't what you wanted to hear, but it's the only way I can see this being continued. This seems to be a trending problem with second person stories. I've seen quite a few authors have to re-write due to lack of problems/plot, and I myself have. I'm really tired. Probably gonna read my comment and edit it tomorrow.

Love the story! Absolutely amazing!

Login or register to comment