• Published 24th Jul 2012
  • 1,021 Views, 17 Comments

A Misunderstanding - mageli7



Gilda wasn't always evil, she was a good little griffon, until she was... corrupted.

  • ...
3
 17
 1,021

I Didn't Want This

Ok so, when I visited Ponyville, I didn't want to yell at Fluttershy, I didn't want to tell Pinkie to "Buzz off", and I didn't want to lose Dash as a friend. I didn't want any of it, but I suppose I didn't have a choice.

It all started a year before I visited Ponyville, I was in the Canterlot statue gardens to admire them, I stumbled upon one in particular, it caught my eye, I was lured to it. I put one of my talons up against it to rest.

"And what do you think you're doing?" A voice hissed in my head.

"What? Who was that?" I said turning around, looking for what had just spoken, I didn't take my talon off the statue, I wish I had though.

"Up here, featherbrain." The voice said.

I looked up at the statue, it had a face I would always remember, it's mouth was opened in an evil laugh, it wasn't a pony, or griffon though, it seemed to be a mix of a whole bunch of things, how could it talk? I mean did anypony else even hear it?

"Nopony else can hear me right now, you see, your talon hand thingy, it's resting on my statue, therefore, I can speak to you, oh and I suggest you keep it down, if Celestia heard you she'd have a fit. She hates when I talk to ponies, well I suppose you aren't really a pony, you are a griffon, right?" The voice said.

"Yes, I am a griffon, but what are you?" I whispered looking at the statue's face.

"I am a draconequus, the last of my kind, shame I have to be encased in this marble prison. Oh, and my name, it's Discord, I seem to be just the essence of my name, in other words, I always cause "trouble"." Discord whispered, laughing.

"I-I have to go." I said taking my talon off the statue, that was weird, a talking statue, you don't see or hear that everyday.

"I think I may stay with you awhile." Discord hissed, "If you don't mind."

I coughed and fell over, I felt like my whole body was being stabbed by a hundred pins, like my wings were being broken, like I was dying. My feathers turned gray, well my whole body did actually, it's as if I was becoming a different griffon, what was happening to me?

"What did you do, you dweeb?!" I whispered at Discord, what did I just say? Dweeb? I always tried to be nice no matter what, why did what Discord did change that?

"Oh tsk tsk Gilda, I thought you were nice... I may have tweaked that a small bit, well maybe you could go for an attitude change, it wouldn't hurt." Discord said, "Oh and you can still hear me because, I tapped into your brain, funny story, I can still get ponies even when I'm trapped, Celestia can't do a thing about it."

"Get out! I don't want a stupid, ugly, annoying creature in my head!" I yelled.

"Sorry dear, but I will be with you, whether you like it or not!" He cackled, sending another spike of pain through my body.

"I will get out of this!" I cried.

"No insult? Maybe I should make it a little higher." Discord laughed as he made my wings feel like they had both snapped.

"P-Please stop." I said falling over.

"Stop? Stop?! I'm just starting!" He yelled.

I returned to my house, maybe if I got to bed he would leave, but Discord had other plans.

"HEY! Wake up! I didn't come into your body just so you could sleep!" Discord screeched, awaking me from my slumber.

"JUST SHUT UP! SHUT UP, SHUT UP!" I screamed throwing my talons over my head.

"You want me to be louder? OK!" Discord laughed, turning up his voice volume.

---------------------

You see what I had to live through? Every time somepony tried to talk to me, I would yell at them, my friends left. I was dead on the inside but, Discord wouldn't let me do anything about it.

"What are you doing?" He hissed one day.

"I'm tired of you, I'm killing myself, it's the only way to get rid of you!" I said, tying a rope to a beam in my attic.

"Oh no you don't!" He yelled, forcing me to drop the rope, this went on for about an hour, me trying to pick up the rope, him stopping me. In the end I collapsed from exhaustion, I couldn't fight him, it was impossible.

The day I had told him I was going to Ponyville was one of my worst with him.

"I swear to god, if you blow my cover, I may just have to cover your throat." He whispered.

A lion's paw and an eagle's talon wrapped around my neck, I began to cough, he was choking me. I fell back, writhing in pain on the floor, clawing at my neck, trying to get the hands away. I soon passed out, lack of air, that monster.

"That better teach you to keep your stupid, little beak shut." He growled.

When I visited Ponyville, Discord decided to have a little more fun.

"I get to see Dash, and all her friends," I thought eagerly, not thinking about who could hear me, "me and her were best friends in flight school!"

"Wait, the Rainbow Dash? As in one of the elements of harmony?" Discord questioned as we entered Ponyville, " Oh this will be fun!"

"Don't you dare, you dweeb." I whispered.

"Say that again, I dare you." Discord said, tightening his grip around my throat.

I grumbled as we entered Ponyville, why was he doing this?

--------------------

"Remember the chant?" Dash said flying into the air.

I loved the chant! When we were in flight school we got to say it every day, it was one of my favorites!

"Ya... They made us recite it every morning. I'll never get that lame thing out of my head." I said. What was Discord doing? Was he ruining my day already?

As the day progressed it got worse and worse. One of Dash's friends Pinkie Pie was playing around, I loved her antics, she was just so funny. Discord however, didn't.

"This stupid pony keeps on getting in the way!" Discord yelled, "Set her straight! Now!"

Discord forced me to grab Pinkie's flying machine, I began to talk to her, my voice becoming a whisper. Discord couldn't you just stop for a day?

After talking to Pinkie, she invited me to Sugarcube Corner, how was she so nice? After I was so mean, all the elements were being nice, no matter what. I still felt bad for yelling at Fluttershy, poor mare.

After Dash and Pinkie had pulled an innocent prank, Discord snapped, he began to yell, well actually, I did, he was feeding me the words.

"Did you really think you could make me loose my cool?! Well Dash and I have ten times as much cool then as the rest of you do do put together! Come on Dash! We're bailing on this pathetic scheme! Come on Rainbow Dash, I said we're leaving!" I roared. What was he saying? What was I saying?

After I had yelled Dash began to talk to me, she never wanted to see me again, I ran out of Ponyville, taking into the air crying. I had lost my best friend, Dash was gone.

I lived with Discord for one more long year, him tormenting me. Finally I had enough, Discord had become quiet a hour ago, now was my chance. I picked up a rope going into my attic, I retied the rope, he still wasn't doing anything. I put down the box, Discord stayed silent. And when I kicked the box away, everlasting silence. Just before I died something dawned on me, he was gone.

The day I died was the day Discord was defeated, one more day and I would have lived. If only I hadn't touched the statue...

Comments ( 17 )

Your punctuation needs work.

And also this bothered me. "As in the element of harmony?"
I wasn't aware that Rainbow Dash, the element of loyalty, became the only element of harmony somehow.

Good idea but it is a bit of a cop out.

always just thought she was short tempered and proud and the ponies were waay to fast wanting her gone

What a wonderfully twisted story! :pinkiecrazy:

I liked the pacing. You went over every point that was needed, and kept the story short enough that it didn't overstay it's welcome.

Also, dat ending. :pinkiesad2:

963282

There's more then one element of harmony, he just overheard Celestia talking about them... I wasn't going to say as in the element of loyalty

963473
Perhaps the words "one of the elements of harmony" would do better?

963313

She had tried to kill herself before, that didn't work, the day he had gone quiet was her chance, she didn't know he was gone. I thought it was a good ending, but that's just my opinion.

great story. it puts a whole new perspective on gilda

963531

Thank you! I really did love her character in the show, one of my favorites actually, no idea why...

963537
yeah, she is my favorite antagonist, and this story only makes me like her even more.

963560

I always felt bad for her, losing Dash as a friend.

It's one of the saddest fics I've ever read... Of course, there was "My Little Dashie", but it ended in a cheerful way. This is a disaster. I don't know why I feel bad about gilda now... You, kind sir, are surely one hell-of-a writer. 'Nuff said.

963789

Sorry to do this, but it's kind lady... :rainbowlaugh: Thank you though, I really do make sad fics at times, this one I didn't end happily, well I suppose it could be happy depending on how you look at it. And also, is it a good disaster or a bad one?

963876 Oh dear :D Good and bad disasters, huh? Well, bad disaster, as in the death of Gilda. Good disaster as in the crushing power of immersion. Anyways, disaster is a disaster. 'Nuff said

I have been mildly disturbed. But that's what writing is about, to jerk your readers' emotions around, so for that, you get a thumbs up. :pinkiehappy:

966506

Yep, I always felt like Gilda had a reason for being mean, here was her reason...

966529
and this is definitely a reason for being mean. except for the ending, i could see this as being a future episode if gilda was to return. with discord defeated, she returned to her senses and tries to get everyone to forgive her, but no one believes her.

Login or register to comment