• Published 8th Dec 2011
  • 3,144 Views, 52 Comments

1 down - Writey the writer



Life after 'cupcakes' and the 'Party' Pinkie has installed.

  • ...
5
 52
 3,144

Chapter 5


“I must warn you first” said Rainbow slowly.

Pinkie wiped her eyes from the remaining tears and listened closely.

“The gift shall take you back to your friends; however are you sure you want to leave the world you have now created.” Said Rainbow whilst leering at Pinkie.

Almost immediately Pinkie nodded, still staring at her own reflection as more tears welled up in her eyes.

“I see” said Rainbow. She crouched down next to Pinkie and placed a hoof on her shoulder. “If your mind is truly made up then it would be of no interest telling you that you can never return to this world”

Pinkie remained silent. Still deep in thought over how meaningless everything she aspired to achieve was all a sadistic lie to secure her own vanity.


“Ok then, off we go” said Rainbow raising her fore hooves.
A bright light illuminated the entire room. The room around her began to tear away by some unseen force. Everything slowly atomized centring gradually toward Pinkie herself. She raised a hoof and watched it be taken away; she smiled at the optimistic thought of her new world, and seeing her friends again.

After all that time, thinking of them as friends was almost alien to her; however she embraced it all the same.


She awoke with a start in her bed. Gummy, like always was sitting on her chest, he gave her the usual morning croak.
She slowly opened her eyes. Memories suddenly flooded back to her of Rainbow and the atrocities she had committed. She sat up with a start, almost catapulting Gummy off her chest. She squeezed him tightly.

“Never again Gummy.” She squeezed him tighter.

She picked up her ears. Music could be heard from downstairs. She jumped out of bed as an overwhelming happiness surged through her body. She ran out her room and practically fell down the stairs in her haste. She glanced into the room.
It was definitely a ‘Pinkie Pie’ party, balloons were out, and bright colourful streamers decorated the room. There was a great spread of food on the table. The banner above the table read ‘Welcome back Rainbow!’


She walked slowly into the room taking in all there was to see.
“She won Pinkie she won!” Mr Cake emerged from the kitchen holding an envelope, a smile was coating his face. She was so happy to see him; she had missed him so much since they last saw each other.

Pinkie gave a puzzled look in return.

“The bakery contest, she won” repeated Mr Cake with equal enthusiasm.

She pondered for a moment. “Oh Congratulations Mr Cake I’m so happy for you two” Pinkie put on her best smile.
Mr Cake smiled back and returned to the kitchen, a noticeable spring in his step had emerged.

“Pinkie, great party, as always.” Said Twilight, with Rarity at her side.

She smiled uncontrollably. Her two friends had greeted her.

“I just know Rainbow will love it” said Rarity smiling.

Her mind suddenly went blank at the mention of Rainbow. She was alive in this world. A smile erupted on her face.
“Where is Rainbow I have to see her?” Said Pinkie abruptly.

A confused look came on Twilights face. “You were the one who told me she was at her home”

“Oh sorry” an immediate idea emerged in her mind. “Twilight can you still remember the spell which allowed us to walk on cloud?” asked Pinkie coltishly.

“Pinkie, Rainbow will be down in an hour she said, you were there my dear” said Rarity.

“I know” she lied. “But have to see her now” begged Pinkie.

“Fine” Said Twilight sighing. Her horn began to glow with the violet magic light; the light surrounded Pinkie then disappeared in an instant. “It will only last an hour; I couldn’t remember the full incantation-.”

Before Twilight could finish Pinkie had ran out the back. “Thanks Twi”

The flying machine Pinkie had made or, ‘crazy contraption’ as it was otherwise know stood round the back of Sugarcube corner, under a white sheet for cover.

She approached the machine and pulled the sheet downward from it. The machine had only been used a hoofful of times. It was designed by Twilight however Pinkie herself had the fortune to construct it but due to Twilight’s complex drawings it was no easy feat.

She climbed aboard the machine and began pedalling the way she had been told too by Twilight. The immediate take off was the most difficult on her. The strain of getting airborne was much more than keeping it airborne. Once in the air she could practically do it all day.

She eventually got lift and began the ascent toward the few sky houses in Ponyville. There wasn’t a cloud in the sky, despite Rainbows absence the weather teams had maintained the standard Rainbow always strived to achieve, even if it wasn’t in ten seconds flat.

Rainbows home was very high up in comparison to other. It was mostly the reason she choose to nap below, because her house was so high up.

Pinkie finally reached the front of the house, landing the machine on the small porch of cloud; she jumped off and approached the door.

She lifted a hoof to knock but stopped suddenly in a moment of realization and a sudden feeling of not belonging. She stopped and looked down.

Rainbow is dead. I killed her she thought. This world is not mine. Tears welled up in her eyes.

She wanted nothing more than to open the door and to see her, to talk to her. She suppressed the thoughts of the alternate reality she had created. The friends who had greeted her were not her friends, she had killed them, seemingly a long time ago.

A tear rolled down her cheek. I am a monster. Who am I to take this away from the other Pinkie? The other Pinkie who didn’t let jealousy and vanity take over her life.

“Im sorry Rainbow, I’ve failed you” she said no louder than a whisper. She turned to walk away.

“Hey Pinkie, I thought I heard you out here wh-“Rainbows voice came from behind her. She stopped talking suddenly when she had seen pinkies deflated mane.

Pinkie turned to face her. Rainbow was just as beautiful as Pinkie could remember but her worried face was still a sickly reminder of the reality she had once lived.

Rainbow rushed over and embraced her once she saw the tears. “Pinkie its ok, what happened?

Pinkie hugged back. The feel of Rainbow was so treasured; she could have spent an eternity there; locked in the embrace of the mare she desired most.

“Promise me something Rainbow” Pinkie spoke at last. “Promise me you’ll do what I ask.”

Rainbow released the hug. “Sure Pinkie anything, I promise, now what’s the matter?”

Pinkie ignored the question and took a step backward toward the edge of the cloud. A smile of happiness shone on her face.

“I asked you to promise this, don’t hold it against yourself.”

“Ok fine, what do I have to do? Asked Rainbow worried.

She took another step backward into nothingness, the smile still shining on her face. “Don’t catch me.”

Comments ( 20 )

Wow.. Didn't see that coming.

73403
I dont mind the disscusion, infact I rather encourage it, I enjoy seeing peoples opinions about 'cupcakes'. :pinkiesmile:

74068

sucks to be who?!

74307
Please that is weak compared to the stuff i've seen about cupcakes and the rest of the mane 6.

This was an incredible story. I loved it. You are the 1% of good Cupcakes spin-offs.

74468

Dude, I didn't watch it before I posted it.... I have to admit I did NOT know it had NO gore or blood in it at all. That was a stupid thing to do...:facehoof: I HAVE SEEN THE ANIMATION FOR CUPCAKES!!!! :pinkiesick: I read the fic before I watched it...why did I even watch it?! ps. I have this weird thing when I read a graphic fanfic (often called a Creepypasta), that I can imagine it as if I was RIGHT THERE!! It's a curse...

One of the pictures in my comments got 'Removed From It's Owner' how is that even possible?!

76358
Seen all the cupcake artwork.
Read it and sequals.
Listened to all the songs, ballards and musicals.
It's not that bad, infact first time made me laugh.:moustache:

77880

:twilightoops: wow.... I MUST DO THAT NOW!!!

78084
Tis a hard path my lad, Tis a hard path.
Cupcakes musical 1 and 2 = never hearing portal music the same.
Or ballard of pinkie pie and throw in rainbow factory for good measure.:moustache:

OK so now Pinkie just says "Don't catch me." and walks off the edge of the cloud? SUICIDE :pinkiecrazy:

It appears that Grimdark doesn't phase me but suicide makes me feel...something...idk what though

Why do people like pinkamena again? your username screams i love pinkamena:pinkiecrazy: suicide? really pinkamena would have deserved a dignified death if you ask me.:rainbowlaugh:

A bit too common appeared spelling errors, but overall it was a time killer I guess...

2626074
1. It was my first story and grammar was not a strong suit. I know that's not an excuse but it's a card I will play.

2. 'A bit too common appeared spelling errors' I can't tell if you're trying to be ironic, but the correct syntax is 'Spelling errors appeared a bit too common-ly' which is still an unusual wording.

And thanks, I was trying to make it a time-killing story.

Comment posted by Sylevette Hooves deleted May 25th, 2013

It may be unusual how I said it, but it is still correct grammar.

This was a good read before bed

Login or register to comment