• Member Since 7th Dec, 2011
  • offline last seen May 8th, 2018

Writey the writer


I write stories. I like to hear what people think and tips on how to improve. I'm also looking for an editor/someone to regularly criticize my work to help its formation. Thanks, and enjoy the fandom.

T

First story I've done, hope you guys like it.
Basically its a cupcakes follow up in which I explore the life after the 'disappearance' of Rainbow dash and 'The party' Which pinkie has installed.

Chapters (5)
Comments ( 52 )

Grammar fixes, spelling, organization please....

Cupcakes is poorly developed for one reason: Perspective.
From where RD is, not much can be said.
From Pikie? A step into her psyche would be very interesting. Especially if a prologue as to why she's like that, as well as how her system to systematically pick and harvest a pony coming up with one of her best friends further effected her state of mind.

However, that is not a task to undertake for someone who doesn't know the canon show, psychology, and writing.
If I had any interest in writing a FiM fanfic, and had watched enough of the show (Remember an article citing one of the canon episodes involving a party with inanimate objects).

Perhaps remaking this project and getting a bit of fame for making Cupcakes something that fits and is good / intelligent.

As we have read many a Cupcake story, we belive that this story is an good take on the mind of Pinkie.
For thoose who say tis wrong to base thou's work on others, if it were not for the ideas='s of other we would have nought to build on.
Thus 5 stars and a hope this will be finished despite the negitve fedback from some people. :pinkiehappy:

MI GUSTA!!!!!!!!:pinkiecrazy: finally some1 does it!!!

I could never even remotely enjoy nor even crack a dark joke at anything that involves the man six killing one another. Seriously for all powerful gems, the elements of harmony sure chose the most fucking socially depraved ponies if all this could happen.

there needs to be a believable grimdark, sadly it'll never happen.

If you no Gusta then go away!!! To besme mmmm beeych de mmmmm bananmug!!! Translate.

Marvellous.
We like this.:twilightsheepish:

I don't know what's more disturbing... I like this or that I'm not disturbed by this...

60044 my thoughts on a number of stories like this, ah well, think i'll wait till this progresses a bit further before giving my opinion of the story

It's not as bad as MLP Musical: Cupcakes.
Look for it on youtube.

60143 woah, dude, now THATS messed up... heh, shame i didn't bother to find that sooner lol really creepy with the quick yet dark flashes at certain points in the video

a fitting video for cupcakes imo

Part 2 is better, portal 1 song with cupcakes. :pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy:

Rarity's dead- :ajbemused:

Fluttershy's dead- :fluttershbad:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

63487
I really didn't want to kill off fluttershy either, but for the progression of the story I had to. Forgive me fluttershy!:fluttercry:

The door caved in off the lock on the 7th attempt. Rarity had forced her head and shoulders through the gap in the window but was wedged due to her forelegs.

"HERE'S PINKIE!"

63495
I was tempted by this I had to say but I didn't want to fall into a cliche.

That MLP Musical thing was actually pretty neat.

71195
Love the image!
Tempted to use it for the cover however to me it represents a split personality which isn't an approach I was trying to take with this story.
However I have to say again that Is a brillant Image i would consider in future...'Murder' fics involving Pinkie :pinkiecrazy:. Thanks for the image anyway :pinkiesmile:

57357
I'll have to half disagree with your number 1.
What I agree with: Yeah, Cupcakes was really written for the sole purpose of Gore itself. And yes, it's a rather... awkward way to start writing. But hey, whatever fits one's purpose, right?
It may present some challenges as to figure out back story, imagine possible plots and whatnot. But all in all it's an exercise to the mind. Writing crap stuff is a good start for improving.

What I disagree with:
Although there is a lot of garbage involving the Cupcakes spin offs, there is, sometimes gold (or heck, even diamonds) the pile.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: Even though Cupcakes was written with the sole purpose of... well, being written itself, something as strange and bizarre as it is sure to help with one's imagination (it's always the bizarre and uncommon that captivates us most). I like it how the fandom as a whole can take a very innocent show and twist it with mastery. Not talking only about the gore/trollfics, I'm talking about all the spectra of situations that the show (and the stories themselves) were able to amplify. Whole different situations (ok, some really are repetitive)... whole different tales.

I like to think of all the fanfics as theatre plays: They are only valid when you are reading them. When it's done, POOF; reality kicks in again. (What the fuck did I just write this line for!?)

Regarding your other comment: Yes, I agree that Cupcakes has become... overused to the point of pure boredom. But like I said, sometimes there's gold.

72639 You are mistaken again good sir. You have the right to believe that, however you would be wrong. A majority of Fanfiction sites have claimed they frown on Cupcakes and Cupcakes spin offs, and some (such as Equestria Daily) have stated that they are flat out unoriginal and they will not even humor them. If you read EQD's story guide it says right there that Cupcakes related work will be tossed right in the trash can.

The fact that it's frowned upon so heavily by pretty much any respectable site or writer is fairly solid evidence that Cupcakes will never amount to anything spectacular. As a writer it would be wise to accept that yourself, otherwise you're just going to be stuck on Cupcakes, unable to progress.

Even if someone did write something "good" in the Cupcakes spin offs, who would care? The story attracts so much negative attention it's become a niche market where only those interested in torture and mutilation are attracted to, but hey is that's the only audience you're after then go ahead and take it. Most writers are trying to push those kinds of readers out of here, they're like Twilight fans, their stupidity is only encouraging more bad literature.

72691
What you said may be true... I found Cupcakes interesting not for the gore; but for the drastic change to Pinkie's persona (ponysona?) in that fic. I thought that EqD banned Cupcakes because it was gore, not because it was downright awful. But then again- I'm in no way a pro writer/reader; so I probably don't know what the fuck I'm talking about.

"As a writer it would be wise to accept that yourself, otherwise you're just going to be stuck on Cupcakes, unable to progress."
True. Keeping yourself in just one topic is downright idiotic. Although I do like Cupcakes, I know how much of fan-related mentally impaired work exist. I'm not a fanboy; I can see that what you say makes sense. I just never stopped to think about it before.

"...but hey is that's the only audience you're after then go ahead and take it."
But hey man, no need to bash me. :twilightblush: As a short story writer, I'm after a... how can I put this... 'non-select' audience. My works vary a lot: There's the sad stuff, the happy, the 'adventu-ry', the dark ones (even though I've written a Cupcakes spin off myself).
On my story; I tried to explore a bit more the mind of Pinkamena; not just dwell on the killings (I don't know if, to you, this accounts for something). I'm not sure if I was able to pull it off, or if it just ended like some bad 'Cupcakes-related' story. But it was definitely something new for me to explore. Thinking "outside the box", if I may.

PS: "Twilight fans"? Never heard of those. :rainbowderp: Please tell me more... you've got me intrigued.

PPS: If you want to continue this without posting here, PM me. I don't think the story's writer will be too happy to see us talking about this and not about his fic. :twilightsmile:

72144
You're welcome! :raritywink:

72778
I know that I'm not user whose comment you replied to, but 'Twilight fans' are fans of the popular book series/movies Twilight. Twilight is about a vampire dude named Edward who is in love with some girl named Bella.
Click Here For More Info

Is it really incomplete, or have you not finished? :pinkiegasp:

And damn you and your unanswering ending!!! :flutterrage:

Wow.. Didn't see that coming.

73403
I dont mind the disscusion, infact I rather encourage it, I enjoy seeing peoples opinions about 'cupcakes'. :pinkiesmile:

74068

sucks to be who?!

:pinkiesick: oh god.....*barfs* :pinkiecrazy: OMG, she's right behind me!!! Just kidding!!! but still.. :pinkiesick:

74307
Please that is weak compared to the stuff i've seen about cupcakes and the rest of the mane 6.

This was an incredible story. I loved it. You are the 1% of good Cupcakes spin-offs.

74468

Dude, I didn't watch it before I posted it.... I have to admit I did NOT know it had NO gore or blood in it at all. That was a stupid thing to do...:facehoof: I HAVE SEEN THE ANIMATION FOR CUPCAKES!!!! :pinkiesick: I read the fic before I watched it...why did I even watch it?! ps. I have this weird thing when I read a graphic fanfic (often called a Creepypasta), that I can imagine it as if I was RIGHT THERE!! It's a curse...

One of the pictures in my comments got 'Removed From It's Owner' how is that even possible?!

76358
Seen all the cupcake artwork.
Read it and sequals.
Listened to all the songs, ballards and musicals.
It's not that bad, infact first time made me laugh.:moustache:

77880

:twilightoops: wow.... I MUST DO THAT NOW!!!

78084
Tis a hard path my lad, Tis a hard path.
Cupcakes musical 1 and 2 = never hearing portal music the same.
Or ballard of pinkie pie and throw in rainbow factory for good measure.:moustache:

Sigh crazy motherfucker this is why I love you

OK so now Pinkie just says "Don't catch me." and walks off the edge of the cloud? SUICIDE :pinkiecrazy:

It appears that Grimdark doesn't phase me but suicide makes me feel...something...idk what though

Why do people like pinkamena again? your username screams i love pinkamena:pinkiecrazy: suicide? really pinkamena would have deserved a dignified death if you ask me.:rainbowlaugh:

A bit too common appeared spelling errors, but overall it was a time killer I guess...

2626074
1. It was my first story and grammar was not a strong suit. I know that's not an excuse but it's a card I will play.

2. 'A bit too common appeared spelling errors' I can't tell if you're trying to be ironic, but the correct syntax is 'Spelling errors appeared a bit too common-ly' which is still an unusual wording.

And thanks, I was trying to make it a time-killing story.

Comment posted by Sylevette Hooves deleted May 25th, 2013
Login or register to comment