• Published 3rd Jan 2018
  • 4,966 Views, 559 Comments

A Shattered Rainbow Rock - FourShadow



In another dimension, Sunset Shimmer and the Rainbooms are now sending fear and panic to the students of CHS. But maybe three sisters may put an end to that...

  • ...
14
 559
 4,966

Chapter 8: Bad!

Saturday

The Canterlot Mall was always busy during the weekends. Without work or school, this meant a lot of people were going to be hanging out, or doing a bit of shopping to prepare themselves for the next week. And for some it meant having to work on said weekend because there were some who had jobs at the mall.

And like any other high school student, it was opportunity to see if anything new that fit their hobbies had arrived in store, and to check out any new arrivals.

But today was also a special kind of day for a group of individuals; The Rainbooms. Now that they were outside of school, it was time for a meet up and discuss any future plans for school, and even look for an excuse to cause some mischief.

"Thanks for meeting me here girls. I just wanted to discuss our little... plan, as you would say." Sunset said, taking a seat.

"What kind of plan you said you'd got Sunset? I mean aren't these little amulets enough to give us power?" Applejack asked, pointing to the gold amulet around her own neck.

"Its not enough. And I have an idea on how we all can be more powerful than ever before." Sunset grinned deviously. "And I can be just as equally powerful as you..."

"How?" Rainbow Dash asked.

Maliciously, Sunset Shimmer slumped in her chair and smirked to her allies. "You're aware that in a few weeks, near the end of September, there's an upcoming musical showcase to get more people to come to our school?"

Popping up from the side was Pinkie Pie with a blunt look on her face.

"You mean something that wasn't mentioned until just now?" Pinkie asked.

"... Yes." Sunset glared.

"Oh, sounds awful!" Pinkie said with a cheery demeanor.

"It won't be Pinkie Pie. Cause here's the plan..." Sunset said. "Gather closer."

Everybody gathered close to listen in on Sunset's plans. And as Sunset talked more and more, everyone's attention drew more and more closer. This plan of hers was very interesting... very interesting indeed.

"Oooh, I think I might like this..." Fluttershy giggled deviously as she stroked a small cat in her arms.

Everyone blinked as they looked at Fluttershy. The evil grin, the nasty smiles, the slinking in her chair, the cat in her arms that was being stroked.

"That's a bit cliche, don't you think?" Sunset asked.

"What?" Fluttershy asked. "Is it wrong to stroke a cat when enacting an evil plan?"

"No, it just seems extremely cliched to kind of do that in this scenario." Pinkie interjected.

Fluttershy scowled at her pink friend, but she kept stroking the cat nonetheless.

"So, bottom line, few weeks, we make it happen." Sunset clarified.

"And what about those sisters? They're not really afraid." Rarity huffed.

"Oh, we'll make them afraid... everybody's got a bad secret. And it'll be a matter of time until we find out theirs."

Little did the Rainbooms or Sunset know that someone had been watching them off to the side, hidden in the shadows. Nothing exposed her look, outside of a white sneaker and a little bit of her neon blue puffed up parachute pants in the sunlight.

A small sound of the pop of bubblegum was all that could be heard in the shadows, and thankfully none of the Rainbooms could hear her. She just leaned against the wall, and popped a piece of bubblegum in her mouth, watching them, quietly.

"You know, being at CHS was fun... but being free to do what I wish, is even better." The girl chuckled to herself. "Now, lets spruce this up a notch..."

Clipped to her side was a small media player. She swiped her hands over the touch screen, and she hit play on a song.

Take my breath away...

"Ugh, no, wrong one..." she muttered to herself. She swiped again, praying she found the right one.

Wake me up, before you go-go--

"--No!"

Another swipe.

Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down--

"Geez how hard is it to find!?"

Savin' the day, savin' the day!

The girl slapped her forehead and moaned. This was not her day to be ready. Thankfully, she found the right song, and pressed play.

She moved herself off the wall and onto her own two feet. Her foot tapped to the beat and she slowly swayed her body to the side as she danced. Her hands made one single clap together, capturing the attention of the Rainbooms.

Once their eyes were focused on her, she started moving towards them in a series of acrobatic jumps, throwing her body up into the air, all the way towards them, until she landed on the table they were eating on, in a landing pose.

"Who the flying feather are you?" Rarity cried. But then she looked at her entire body. "Oh dear heavens, take off that outfit, that's so... so..."

"Dated, is the word." Sunset sneered. She got up from her chair and moved forward a bit to try and look the girl in the eye. "Who are--"

The girl veered her head up and smirked at Sunset with a cheeky grin.

"See ya Sunnyside."

She jumped off from the table and started to run away. The Rainbooms were about to get up, but they stopped. She dropped something on the table. A small Rubik's cube, in many colors that were not all re-arranged to match a single space.

"Mine!" Rarity tried to grab it, but Applejack stopped her. "Applejack, I must have it! Anything that our prey leaves behind, will be mine!"

"Rarity, you can't just--"

Click.

Everyone's eyes snapped to the Rubik's cube. One of the sides began to move and change its shape. But then another side. And then another. And then another!

The entire cube was whirring and spinning itself around, until it was nearly finished with just one side needing to snap into place. The colors would all be aligned perfectly, it just needed that one piece to connect itself.

Rarity went out to grab it, but the piece just snapped itself together, finishing the array. A small clicking noise was heard, and the cube unexpectedly, exploded into pieces, shattered across the table. As if that wasn't bad enough, several tons of bright colorful paint splattered all over the girls, making them scream and fall back in their chairs.

Only Sunset Shimmer was the one who didn't fall back and scream. Instead she sat there, stewing in anger as the paint leaked down her face.

"Come on, lets go get her!" Rainbow said as she got up.

Sunset nodded. "Go ahead."

Rainbow, Applejack, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie all took off, leaving Rarity and Sunset by the table.

"You don't think that was her, do you?" Rarity asked, wiping more paint off her face.

"There's only one girl I know who's fashion sense is quite that dated..." Sunset sneered, wiping more of the paint off her face.


In another part of the mall, Aria Blaze was just stepping inside, looking for Octavia.

"Aria! Over here girl!"

Aria glanced to her left, and found Octavia waving at her with a friendly smile. She smiled back and quickly moved over to meet her, face to face.

"Good to see you Aria. You're looking rather spunky, today."

Aria chuckled. "Its the weekend, why wouldn't I be?"

"Right, right."

"So, where do you want to go?"

"Well I don't know about you, but I'm feeling up for a little bit of music. Want to go search for some music? I think the music store on the next floor should have something."

"I hope so." Aria said.

But just as Aria and Octavia were about to leave, they were halted when they found four of the Rainbooms right in front of them. The Rainbooms and two friends came to a halt and all of them stared at each other, heavy with anger.

"Octavia. Never expected you to show up around here." Applejack said.

"I always come here in my off-time, country hick." Octavia spat.

"You shouldn't have come here, Octavia." Rainbow said, cracking her knuckles.

Aria snickered. "What happened to all of you? You enter an art show or something?"

"Zip it Blaze. Or I'm going to blaze you just like we did to Sonata!" Pinkie interrupted. "But fair warning..." She extended her arms out, revealing two cupcakes. "I've got cupcakes, and I'm not afraid to use them."

Octavia and Aria stood ready, bracing themselves for any incoming fight that may occur. But before anyone could say anything that they would most likely regret, everyone's eyes turned to the middle of the ground in front of them. Another Rubik's cube came flying down, and landed in the middle of them. But this time, it was mostly pertaining several shades of red and orange.

Just like before, the cube swirled and swooshed, clicking and changing itself to get the correct colors for each side. And then once the final panel clicked, a burst of red and orange smoke exploded right in front of them, creating a mist that was hard to see.

Applejack and Fluttershy tried their best to clear the smoke, and then once their eyes could see, the two girls were gone.

"Ugh! They got away!" Applejack yelled, smashing a bottle of apple cider on the ground, shattering it to pieces.


Octavia and Aria did get away. But not how they would have. In the middle of the smoke, someone grabbed their arms and pulled them away from the smoke and away from the Sonic Rainbooms. They were out of the main restaurant area, and were now away in the center of the mall, near a giant tree.

"Agh, who was that?" Aria asked, wiping her eyes clean.

Octavia looked at the person who moved them away and she smirked. "Oh, you..."

The girl smirked back. "Great to see you Octavia."

Aria looked up and finally got a good look at who pulled them away. She wore white sneakers, with neon blue parachute pants. On top was a blue jacket with shoulder pads with the same color, covering a white shirt underneath. Fingerless gloves were worn on her hands, and a belt clamped her jacket and pants together, with a buckle of three diamonds. Lastly, she could see this girl had purple skin, purple eyes, and puffed up purple hair.

"Huh. I didn't know shoulder pads and parachute pants were still fashionable." Aria said, tilting her head.

"They're not actually, but I don't care. I rather like the way they look." The girl replied, smirking. "Who are you?"

"Aria. Aria Blaze. So... what was that you threw back there?"

"Smoke bombs. I made those so whenever I'm in a tight situation, I have a means of distraction and escape," she replied grinning.

"But out of Rubik's cubes?" Aria asked.

"She's retro that way." Octavia shrugged.

"So, what's your name then?" Aria asked.

"Oh, right. That, my bad." She cleared her throat. "My name's Amethyst... Amethyst Star."

Author's Note:

And now we've met our last of our main heroines.

I hope you all enjoyed this and have a great day fellas! And as usual, your thoughts are appreciated! :twilightsmile:

And Amethyst's song choice would have been this, at least in this universe.:rainbowwild::raritywink: