• Published 3rd Jan 2018
  • 4,933 Views, 559 Comments

A Shattered Rainbow Rock - FourShadow



In another dimension, Sunset Shimmer and the Rainbooms are now sending fear and panic to the students of CHS. But maybe three sisters may put an end to that...

  • ...
14
 559
 4,933

Chapter 7: Sleepover!

Friday

As the week went by, the three sisters were getting more and more acquainted to their new surroundings. By now, the entire school's areas and surroundings had now become completely recognizable to them, so now they could walk around without being blind.

And all throughout the past few days, they managed to avoid confrontations with the Rainbooms. Sure there were a few angry threats and an occasional booby trap they set up, but they worked around them.

Once the 3:00 bell rang, the three sisters waited patiently for the hallways to die down a notch so they could get to their things. They didn't have any need to take the bus so why rush to get to their stuff?

"Finally, Friday at last..." Aria said with relief.

"Best day of any school week, I can agree." Adagio replied.

As Adagio went to open her locker, she stopped for a brief moment. Knowing the Rainbooms, they probably snuck into them and set another trap.

She unlocked the lock, and she backed away from the door as she pulled it open. And as she backed away she watched as an arsenal of cupcakes came flying out of the locker and all splattered against the other set of lockers. Adagio looked less than amused, but she was thankful that her hunch was right.

"Okay, well at least you didn't get hit this time." Sonata said.

Aria smirking went to open her locker, but this time she wasn't prepared. Cupcakes came flying out and hit her, covering her clothes and her face in tons of crushed cupcake, and smeared purple frosting.

Adagio and Sonata looked back, both blinking at a scowling Aria Blaze. Aria snarled as cupcake frosting slipped down her face.

"Awww, that's a good waste of food!" Sonata whined.

"You know... some day we're going to have to springload their lockers and strike back." Aria huffed as she went to get her things which were not covered in cupcakes.

"And stoop down to their level?" Adagio asked, raising a brow.

"I don't care, they mess with us enough as it is."

"I don't think that's such a good idea..." Trixie meekly replied with fear. "The things they'll do to you when they get you back..."

"Trixie, they can call me out they want, I'm not backing down. I don't scare easily."

"And its that kind of willpower that makes me glad you're around." Octavia grinned from the side.

Aria looked back at Octavia, for once smiling, even under the destroyed cupcakes.

"So, what are you girls going to be doing now? Its Friday after all, and you've got the weekend to do whatever." Octavia said.

"I'm not sure, I hadn't really thought of that." Adagio replied as she pulled things out of her locker.

Trixie beamed up a bit. "Really? Nothing?"

"None that I know, no."

"I just had an idea! What if we just hung out at Canterlot Mall tomorrow? I can show you around since you're new here, and there's lots of stuff we could do!" But Trixie's smile faded away. "U-Unless you don't want to..."

Adagio grinned. "I wouldn't mind that at all. I have an open weekend to do whatever."

Trixie squeed. "Yay! I can't wait!"

Adagio chuckled. "Me either Trixie. So, see you tomorrow then?"

"Yep! See you later Adagio!" Trixie happily skipped away, leaving Adagio to just smile. She enjoyed her enthusiasm.

As Aria wiped more icing off, Octavia spoke.

"So Aria. I wasn't sure if you had interest but, if you didn't have any plans, I was wondering if perhaps you'd like to hang out at the Canterlot Mall as well?"

Aria blinked and she paused to think. "I don't know..."

"Aria, come on, you should get out more." Adagio said.

"Yes, but every time I go out I end up nearly getting into a fight, or getting kicked out of some place." Aria said, placing her hands on her hips.

"Aria, I can trust you that will not happen as long as I'm around. Especially with the other friend of mine..."

Aria raised a brow. "Other friend?"

"She asked if she could join me at the mall as well, and knowing her... I think we could keep you occupied not just for a day of fun, but also make sure no one harasses you."

Aria scratched her chin and a smirk came to her face. "I suppose it'd be nice to have some gals that I can relate to be by my side."

"So its settled then." Octavia grinned. "See you Saturday then."

Aria smirked. "See you later... Octy."

Octavia chuckled. "Don't get too cocky there Blaze."

Chuckling away, Octavia walked off with a grin. Aria herself couldn't help but grin as well. Octavia certainly knew her way around Canterlot, all the more reason for her to stay with her to keep her frustrations in check.

Peering from the side hallway, struggling to get herself free from the hordes of people in the hallway was Vinyl. Sonata could see a tuft of her neon blue hair as she fell, trying to push herself from two people that were pratically squeezing her in an enclosed space.

"Hey Vinyl!" Sonata smiled as she offered a hand.

Vinyl smiled back and accepted her hand.

"Sonata, good to see you're still here. I wanted to ask you something, if you don't mind."

"Not at all. What's up?" Sonata asked.

"I'm hosting a sleepover tonight with some friends, and I was wondering if you had any interest."

"Are you kidding? I'd love to!" Sonata beamed for a brief moment. "But... I've never actually done a sleepover."

"Sonata, its alright. Its a lot of fun! Please, tell me you'll come!"

"I don't know, I'll have to--" Sonata said before she was interrupted.

"--Sonata if you want to have a sleepover, that's completely fine." Adagio said without even looking.

"For realsies?" Sonata grinned.

"Yep. Just promise me you'll stay safe and don't do anything to hurt yourself." Adagio said.

"I won't!"

"I was talking to Vinyl." Adagio said again.

Vinyl blinked. "Oh, uh... my bad. Look, I promise she's gonna be fine. Its gonna be lots of fun!"

"Good. Just make sure she stays safe, and don't do anything dangerous." Adagio said.

"I promise!" Vinyl said as she went to her locker.

Adagio took in thought of the scenario now. Everybody had plans with their new friends. One week into the school year, and already they had new friends, and had survived. Adagio befriended Trixie, Aria befriended Octavia, and Sonata made friends with Vinyl. This was all in all a good week for them. Just hopefully no Rainbooms to interfere.


Later that night, Sonata came walking up to Vinyl Scratch's house, carrying a suitcase on wheels behind her. From the outside, she could see there were a few hedges around that were in shapes of the electric note that was on her skirt. A glass pain on the front door of that same note was visible as well, but oddly enough she could see the treble clef that was on Octavia's clothing visible as well.

She hit the doorbell and stood still, waiting for the door to open up. The door opened up and it was revealed to be Vinyl opening up the door. But instead of her usual well dressed clothes, she was wearing turquoise pajama shorts and a blue tank top.

"Sonata, so good to see you! Please, come in, come in."

Vinyl opened the door up and Sonata graciously walked inside. She took her shoes off, and she pulled on a pair of crocs, and walked right into the main living room of the house which was connected to the kitchen. Inside, she could see the place was well neat and clean, practically spotless.

The plates that were on the shelf were all stacked nicely, each of them with colorful pictures of musical notes. Pots and pans hung above the island countertop, and the island countertop itself had a built in stove where food was boiling on top of it. And behind the island countertop, there was a visible oven and dishwasher nearby, with some cabinets next to them.

In the living room, she could see a widescreen TV mounted over a table, over a big fuzzy carpet. A small coffee table was found in front of a couch which was positioned in front of the TV. The couch itself was big enough to hold at least four to five people on it.

On the couch, she found someone sitting on it that didn't look familiar to her. A girl with minty green skin, with white and green highlights in her hair, and sparkling eyes of yellow. She wore a blue tank top with pink shorts as well, and on her tank top was a picture of a yellow lyre.

"Oh hey! You're one of the new girls, aren't you?" She asked.

Sonata nodded. "And you are?"

The girl giggled. "Lyra Heartstrings; musician, candy lover, party enthusiast, and party gal!"

Lyra came up and surprised Sonata with a big hug, to which Sonata just smiled and she embraced back.

"If you can't tell, she's the energetic one around here." A new voice said. That voice came from the kitchen. A girl with silky tan and yellow skin, with poofed up blue and pink hair, and blue eyes. On her shirt was a single graphic of three candied treats, and she wore yellow flannel pants.

"I'm Bon Bon, by the way. Nice to meet you." Bon Bon said, extending a hand out to shake hands.

"Oh!" Sonata said, shaking her hand. "Nice to meet you!"

Bon Bon smiled. "So, you're one of the new girls at school?"

"Yeah, she is!" Lyra called from the couch, raising her arm up.

"I thought so. Glad to see even from an attack from a hot pie she still hasn't backed down. Unlike a certain parachute pants wearing..." Bon Bon muttered to herself.

Sonata tilted her head in confusion.

"Its nothing, sorry. Oh good heavens, where are my manners?" Bon Bon replied, walking over to the kitchen. "Care for an appetizer until dinner's finished?"

"I wouldn't mind at all." Sonata said, walking to the kitchen.

"Okay, I've got a whole wad of chips, so--"

Sonata grabbed a few of the tortilla chips and started to munch down on them, much to Bon Bon's shock. She didn't even finish what she was saying.

"--Help yourself." She finished.

Sonata scarfed away at the chips and horked them down in a gulp.

"Geez, do you eat much?" Bon Bon asked.

"Actually... no." Sonata replied.

Bon Bon blinked with a nervous smile. "I'm not sure how to reply to that..."

"Oh, its fine, no worry. I don't get offended easily." Sonata said, waving her hands poshly.

Bon Bon rolled her eyes, chuckling.

"Anyways, how do you two know Vinyl?" Sonata asked.

"We met her the same way uh..." Bon Bon looked, keeping her eye out for Vinyl. "... the same way she met Octavia."

"Why are we whispering?" Sonata said.

"We uh... we don't talk about Octavia around here." Lyra replied back with a whisper, before clearing her throat. "Vinyl, how's the movie hunting going?"

"I'm still in search! I can't decide!"

Sonata scratched her chin. "What kind are you looking for?"

"I was thinking of putting an animated movie in! Wait, hold on... yes, here we go!"

Vinyl came charging up from the basement with a DVD in hand. "I found our perfect viewing feature!"

Lyra squeed. "Oh, I love this movie! Its so good, I felt like a little girl again when I saw this!"

"Oh, really?" Sonata asked.

"Yeah!" Lyra said with such giddiness.

"Well come on, pop it in!" Bon Bon said. "Dinner's almost done!"


As the movie began, Bon Bon came around and she got everyone's food all together.

"Special dish I made from my great grandmother's recipe; tacos!" Bon Bon said as she lifted the lid up.

The sweet aroma from the food raised into the air, and the girls could smell the sweet scent. It was enough to make their mouths water.

"Smells delicious!" Sonata piped up.

Sonata took a taco from the platter and she took a bite into it. And upon chewing it, and swallowing it, her eyes sunk into her head. The sweet tamale, the vegetables, the hot chili... it had created such a wonderous taste, and it was amazing.

"This... this is incredible! You made this?" Sonata asked as she swallowed down the food in her mouth.

"Yeah."

"This is amazing, you should be proud of yourself."

"Aww, shucks..." Bon Bon blushed.

"How'd you make this so good?"

"Bonnie's a chef. She taught herself how to cook from her parents." Vinyl replied.

"Can confirm!" Lyra said raising her hand up.

The girls each grabbed a taco, held over a plate so none of it would fall onto the couch and possibly make a mess, and the movie continued.

"Tonight on Where Are My Pants?"

Lyra giggled. "I love this..."

A man poked his head from the corner of the screen with a cheeky grin. "Honey, where are my paaaaannnntttsss?"

Lyra burst out laughing so much that she fell back on the couch and was hitting her thighs from how hard she was laughing. "It gets me every time!"

Sonata let out a little giggle to from the program.

"Its so dumb, and yet so hilarious..." Bon Bon chuckled.

"Oh, pardon me. I'll be right back." Vinyl said as she got up from the couch.

"You want us to pause it?" Lyra asked.

"No its okay. I've seen this movie enough times. Keep going, I'll be right back."

Vinyl left the main living room, allowing Sonata to just watch the film with the two girls.

"So, how'd you two meet?" Sonata asked.

"We met each other at the start of middle school. Bonnie was looking for a friend to sit with, and so I just popped on in." Lyra said, hugging her friend.

Bon Bon just giggled and hugged her back.

"Is there anyone from CHS you know?" Bon Bon asked.

"Sadly... no." Sonata frowned. "We uh... we moved here in the summer."

Bon Bon and Lyra looked back at her.

"How come?"

"We uh... well, how do I put this..."

Sonata took a moment of silence to think. She didn't want to hide the unbearable truth that she knew laid within, but at the same time she couldn't lie to her new friends. She had to think of something, fast!

"We uh... we were hated."

"Why would anyone hate a sweet girl like you?" Lyra said as she ruffled up Sonata's hair with a silly grin.

Sonata blushed, but she couldn't smile. "Well, you see... me and my sisters weren't exactly liked at our school. No one wanted to be near us, no one wanted to talk to us... and worse. W-What happened... l-last year..."

"What happened?" Lyra asked.

Sonata took a deep breath, and sighed.

"Last year, all three of us were humiliated in front of the school. I don't even remember what we did, we didn't do anything, but we were humiliated either way. One of the bullies there went too far, and they made us look like monsters. It wasn't until then, but there Adagio... lost it."

"How?"

"Adagio went after the one who started the humiliation... and she went loose on him." Sonata gulped. "The principals came by and split us up, and... I... I never saw Adagio so scared or so mad... Without anything else, we booked it and ran as far as we could... we never looked back, never went back... and we never showed our faces in that town ever again."

Sonata's eyes were tear-heavy, until she found Lyra offering her a tissue.

"T-Thanks..." Sonata wiped them from her eyes, and then looked up. Lyra opened her arms up with a sympathetic smile.

"Come here..." Lyra pulled Sonata in for a hug, and she rubbed her back while Sonata tried to keep herself together. She patted the sister's back, and hugged her close. "Its alright... things are alright now, aren't they?"

"Y-Yes..."

"Then I say, its gonna be okay. You're far from those jerks, and you're here now. I know the Rainbooms are an issue, but you've got us. We're not gonna let them hurt you."

Sonata for once, smiled. She pulled back from the hug and Lyra cleared away another tear from her face.

"Thank you..."

"Aww, come here!" Lyra yanked her and raised her up in a big hug, practically lifting her off her feet. "Big hugs!"

"Yeah, Lyra really likes giving people hugs." Bon Bon giggled.

"And why not?" Lyra said with a smile.

Once Sonata was let back down she brushed herself off.

"Hey uh, as long as we're talking, is it alright if I could ask something?"

"Well of course, no need to be shy!" Lyra said, booping her nose.

"Okay, but... I don't know if I should talk about this..." Sonata rubbed the back of her head.

"As long as its not political talk or things that are way too inappropriate, I think we should fine." Bon Bon replied. "Just tell us."

Sonata relaxed herself and stood straight. It was now or never.

"Why do Vinyl and Octavia not like each other?"

Time immediately stopped around them. Lyra and Bon Bon were frozen in thought, and in realization of the question that Sonata was asking.

"... Maybe we should talk about something else?" Lyra asked.

"What, we can't talk--"

"Shh!" Bon Bon said. She poked her head into the hallway. Thankfully no signs of Vinyl around. "Question. Why should we tell you?"

"Because, I don't want to see them fight, and I keep having this feeling something happened between them and now I don't know what. Can't any of you tell me?"

Bon Bon tapped her foot and rubbed her chin. For a moment of truth, she sighed.

"Sonata, sit down."

Sonata sat back on the couch, and Bon Bon and Lyra sat as well.

"I'm keeping my eye out for Vinyl, but we can't be discussing this. This is the only time we're going to be talking about it, so you better remember it." Bon Bon said.

"Okay." Sonata said, nodding with understanding.

"Alright. But if we're going to tell you what happened, we have to go back a notch... you see Vinyl and Octavia met each other long before any of us. But they met at a younger age, all the way back in kindergarten. They were friends ever since they were little kids, and they never gave up on each other. Their tastes in music were different, but they still managed to work together.

"Okay, but why are they friends?" Sonata asked.

"That's something we don't understand, and quite frankly Vinyl never told us why." Lyra replied.

"Anyways, they were friends for a long time, and they stayed friends all the way up to high school today, and that's when they met us. But... then it started to go downhill for them."

"Well, what happened?" Sonata asked.

Lyra spoke this time. "Vinyl had a big concert she was preparing for, and she invited Octavia to go see her perform in front of thousands. Octavia was pretty busy and she had a lot of insane schedules and plans getting in her way. But then... she tried to talk to her, and Octavia was busy again. But inside Vinyl... something snapped."

Sonata nodded.

"After Octavia couldn't make it, she tried to talk to Vinyl the next day at school... and that was when Vinyl snapped. She full on yelled at her, ranted, screamed, she said it out loud in front of everyone that she hated her and never wanted to see her again. She disappointed her so many times, she never had her back when she needed it, and soon after that... Vinyl broke Octavia's guitar in the rage."

Sonata gasped. "No..."

Lyra and Bon Bon nodded.

"Octavia didn't speak to her after that. After a few weeks had passed, with both of them calmed down, Vinyl said she was going to try and talk to her again. She tried sending a text to Octavia, but instead, she got a text directly to her saying that it was over, and Octavia never wanted to see a 'prissy, greedy, unloyal backstabber' ever again." Lyra said.

"And to this day... neither one of them talked to each other." Bon Bon finished.

Sonata had no idea what to say right now. What could she say for that matter?

"But wait, what did Octavia have to say? Maybe something happened with her that we don't know." Sonata asked.

"Well we never talked to Octavia after that. She snapped at us, and... she made Lyra cry." Bon Bon frowned. "No one makes my friends cry. After she snapped, we went our separate ways. We never spoke to Octavia since, and we made sure to stay away from her and other friends like Trixie, or that... spandex-wearing... ugh. I don't want to think about her."

"Oh... I... I'm sorry. If I knew, I..."

"Its not your fault Sonata. None of it is. And you didn't know, its okay." Bon Bon said. "But I prefer we not talk about it, cause its painful enough as it is. I don't think even Vinyl wants to discuss it."

Without any other words, the girls just turned their attention back to the TV and kept watching their movie.

Little did any of them realize, but Vinyl was watching them from down the hallway, listening to their conversation. But she never appeared out to talk, or speak up on her behalf. For she knew every word that they said was true. Every word she heard was true. And the cold reality hurt inside.

Small tears shed on her face, and she sniffled quietly, thinking about it.

"I'm so sorry Octavia..." Vinyl sniffled, as she held her hands to her face, sobbing quietly.

Author's Note:

Now I want cupcakes... anyone else?

Also, I'm sorry for not having much to do in this chapter, this was all I could think of. Don't worry, I've got a lot more for the next one! Now as for Lyra, I tried to make her not as much like Pinkie Pie, but as you can see that isn't the case.

And as for Octavia and Vinyl's story, I wanted to make it as believable as possible, but I don't think its that good. But that's me. Thoughts on it are appreciated.

Hope you enjoyed it folks!