• Published 3rd Jan 2018
  • 4,957 Views, 559 Comments

A Shattered Rainbow Rock - FourShadow



In another dimension, Sunset Shimmer and the Rainbooms are now sending fear and panic to the students of CHS. But maybe three sisters may put an end to that...

  • ...
14
 559
 4,957

Chapter 17: Moving On

While the Rainbooms watched the friendships between the Dazzlings and their friends start to crumble before their eyes, the competition continued on in the auditorium. The final performances had just finished, and Principal Luna and Vice-Principal Celestia were now finishing up their votes.

All of the students had gathered together, and stood in the crowd. The judges went up on the stage with microphones in hand, ready to announce the winners.

"After careful calculations, Vice-Principal Celestia and I have decided who will join the finals on Friday. Joining the Rainbooms, are... the Dazzlings!"

Everyone let out a big round of applause, accompanied by roaring cheers. Vinyl and her friends however, didn't reply with such. They were dead silent, with no emotion other than anger. But as everyone cheered, Principal Luna looked around, seeing if they were to be seen. Unfortunately, they weren't. She didn't see them in the crowd, or even find them anywhere in the cluster of people.

"Ahem? Would the Rainbooms, and the Dazzlings please come to the stage?" Principal Luna asked, speaking into the microphone.

"The Dazzlings aren't coming back."

Everyone turned their heads to a group in the crowd, all eyes locked onto Vinyl and her group. Vinyl took a deep breath and sighed.

"They forfeited. Didn't say why, they just did." Vinyl hung her head.

Principal Luna blinked. "Well. This is certainly unexpected... well, if they're not going to show up, then Song Of The Sea will take their place in the finals."

All five of them shot their heads up.

"WHAT?!"

"You girls are the only other band who has made it far into the competition. If the Dazzlings don't perform for Friday, then you girls will. Understand?"

All of them nodded.

Principal Luna gave them a friendly smile. "Congratulations, Rainbooms, Song Of The Sea. May the best band win, and good luck!"

The weight and reality of the situation had just dropped upon them like an anvil. They completely forgot that they were the only other band who had moved up in the final rounds of the competition. And if the Dazzlings weren't going to face them, they would.

"Okay, lets not panic..." Bon Bon said, with a calm breath. "We don't need them, we can still win this."

"Are you kidding me right now!?" Lyra panicked. "You know what they've got in store, what if they use those things on us!?"

"Girls, stop. Calm down." Vinyl said, pulling them close. "Its fine, its going to be alright. We can do this."

Just as they turned around, all of them felt their skin turn cold. Sunset Shimmer and the Rainbooms were standing behind them the entire time, with malicious grins, lingering with deceit.

"See you girls Friday then. We'll be looking forward to our final battle together... forever." Sunset Shimmer snickered.

Sunset led her pack away, kicking the ground and dust behind them. They had everything according to plan, and all they would have to do was make sure nothing else would stand in their way.


The Dazzlings never looked back after their friends had ended their friendship out in the open. They ran as far as they could, to get away from those that hurt them. The memories, the pain, the torture... the hatred... it was all coming back to them again. One way or another, it came back to haunt them again.

They didn't go back to CHS that night to try and approach anyone calm again. All they wanted to do was flee, and flee they did. Fled back to their penthouse, with the door locked tightly. Adagio didn't see her sisters that following night. Instead, she ran up to her room, locked the door, and slid down on the ground. She held her face in her arms, and cried. She cried, and cried and cried on, she couldn't help it. The hopes, the dreams... they had been shattered. She desperately wanted to escape the past, escape the memories of everyone who hated them... but she knew she never could. And now it was over.

No more friends, no one else to turn to, no one to help them in their time of need. They were officially alone, and with no where to go. In her mind, there was only one word that described what she truly was. A monster.

Adagio cried some more, but she lifted her head up hearing the few knocks on her wooden yellow door.

"A-A-Adagio?" Aria asked.

"Aria, please, leave me alone..." Adagio sniffled.

"Adagio come on, let me in."

"Aria, I... I just can't talk to you right now. Please just let me be."

"But--"

"Leave me alone!!!" Adagio screamed through the door.

Aria wanted to protest, but she couldn't. Adagio needed some time to let it all out, she'd check on her later. Aria stepped away from the hall, and she went back down the stairs, onto the main floor. She looked on the couch, seeing her younger sister, all alone to herself. She held a little bear in her arms, hugging it tightly. She could hear the tears coming from her eyes as well.

Aria frowned, and she even felt a tear well up in her own. She wiped it away, and she stepped down the stairs. She sat on the other side of the couch, moving closer to her little sister.

"Hey."

Sonata quivered her lips and looked up to Aria, her eyes practically bloodshot. Aria, using the same methods she learned over the years, pulled Sonata closer, and held her in a big hug, allowing her to cry her eyes out.

"Shh... I've got you, its okay..." Aria said, rubbing her sister's back.

"We're... we're monsters..."

"No, we're not." Aria said, in a genuine warm voice. "We're just... different."

She held her for a few good minutes, allowing her to cry her eyes out. Aria had never seen her sisters so hurt like this. She had been hurt times in the past, but it was never this bad. The thought alone made her hurt inside, and she allowed another tear to drop from her face.

"Aria?"

"Mmmhmm?"

Sonata sniffled as she pulled out from the hug, and wiped another tear away.

"Y-You think... y-you think Adagio will be okay?"

Aria sighed. "I don't know. She's hurting really bad right now. But the best we can do is give her some space right now."

Sonata slowly nodded. "O-O-Okay..."

Aria moved another tear off her face. She looked at the teddy bear in her hands and smiled at her. "I see you pulled out Mr Fuzzyclaw."

Sonata quivered her lips. "Mmmhmm..."

"I remember when we first got him for you. Do you?"

Sonata shook her head.

"We were back in 1917, back in the first World War. I remember you being afraid of those people we were fighting. Adagio and I got you that bear to help you sleep at night." Aria actually felt a little chuckle. "I remember you carried that bear everywhere with you ever since."

Sonata for once, actually smiled a bit. A bittersweet memory, with a glimmer of some happiness.

"Heh, I remember that time a bit. Didn't you go ruthless on that one German guy?"

Aria nodded. "And then Adagio had to pull me off of him for pounding him senselessly... She still doesn't understand why I belted him."

"Why?"

Aria looked back at her sister, still keeping up her calm face.

"In the field of war, I remember he was about to fire some shots on you and Adagio. I couldn't stand to see you two gone, so just as he locked on target... I pounced him, and I never let off."

Sonata blinked. "R-Really?"

Aria only nodded once. "I didn't want to think about what could have happened to you two. I did the only thing I could do, to make sure you two didn't leave me. If I lost you both then I... I would have been all alone..."

Sonata was the one who pulled Aria in for a hug this time. Aria accepted, and allowed Sonata to hold her close.

"Adagio and I are never going to leave you. We always stay together, no matter what." Sonata whimpered.

Aria sniffled and smiled back. "Right. No matter what... "

Aria fully embraced Sonata, and the two held each other in a hug for the longest time, slowly starting to calm each other down. They were hurt for sure, but they had each other. And they were going to pull out of it... eventually.

"Hey, how about this? Tomorrow, we don't go to school. We just go hang out at the mall, do something fun. Sound good?" Aria asked.

Sonata laid back on the couch, unsure.

"But what about Adagio?"

"I'm not gonna just take you and leave her. We'll check on her, if she's okay, then we're taking her with us. I think she'll need something to take her mind off as well. And if she doesn't want to, then that's fine. What do you say?"

Sonata tapped her chin, and eventually came to agreement.

"Okay. But if its alright with you... I just want to lay here."

"Of course." Aria said, twiddling her fingers and looking around her, dropping in dead silence. What else could she say right now?

"Aria?"

"Yeah?"

Sonata sighed and looked to her older sister. "What if we run into Vinyl, or Octavia, or the other girls?"

Aria looked at her with a raised brow. She didn't think about that.

"I don't know Sonata. I just don't know..."

Author's Note:

Something short this time around. Some bits of fluff added as well. Hope you guys enjoyed it!