• Published 3rd Jan 2018
  • 4,965 Views, 559 Comments

A Shattered Rainbow Rock - FourShadow



In another dimension, Sunset Shimmer and the Rainbooms are now sending fear and panic to the students of CHS. But maybe three sisters may put an end to that...

  • ...
14
 559
 4,965

Chapter 25: Threatened

Author's Note:

Okay, so new one is up. I am gonna be on the road for most of tomorrow, so I'll be pretty tuckered out. Wanted to get this out for you guys since I love you all so much, and I hope this chapter will hold you guys for a bit.

Enjoy! :twilightsmile:

10:45

After the next few classes had ended, everyone was rushing out to try and head to their next one with the time that they had available.

Fluttershy had finished collecting her things for the next class when she was given a shock. Just as she closed the locker, she turned to the side and nearly gasped in shock. Standing in front of her was Trixie; in a wizard costume. And a long white beard. And a big hat.

"Greetings, Fluttershy! The Great and Powerful Trixie greets you! Perhaps you'd like--"

"Buzz off." Fluttershy said, not saying a word. She just shoved Trixie to the side and walked right on past her. No looking back.

Trixie's shoulders slumped. Her attempt to mess with Fluttershy had failed.

"Maybe its the beard," she shrugged.


11:00. Mr Cranky Doodle's Room

"Alright class, if you remember, your assignments were to talk about different parts and pieces of Japan and explain their meaning. Who would like to go first?"

Almost no one in the entire classroom raised their hand. Presentations were difficult to do, and while their teacher Mr Cranky was a generally nice teacher (despite his name being Cranky) they weren't enthusiastic nor confident in their presentation abilities.

"Boys and girls, I'm going to have to ask for volunteers if no one raises their hands."

"I volunteer!"

In the back, a minty green hand shot up. Everyone's heads turned around to look back at Lyra Heartstrings who had raised a hand up. They only looked for a micro-second at her, but their heads all zipped back and cast an eyeball on Lyra's clothing.

"Yes Miss Heartstrings, please, come on up."

Lyra got out of her desk chair and stood in front of the class, with her gathered items. Instead of the tank top and short shorts she usually wore, she instead wore a Japanese kimono. Her kimono was in shades of yellow, with a few white and green highlights. Graphics of flowers were visible all around on her outfit, and on her back which was seen for a few seconds, read her name in a Japanese symbol.

With her voice clear and ready, Lyra gave everyone her attention, and she spoke."

"Kon'ichiwa, Yūjin ya chijin. Watashinonamaeha Lyra Heartstringsdesu, watashi wa kimono ni tsuite hanasu tsumoridesu, nihonde wa tsūjō chakuyō sa rete imasu."

The students were looking at Lyra in shock and awe. She was speaking to them in Japanese, and it sounded like she knew what she was saying.

"Miss Heartstrings, this is quite impressive."

Lyra giggled. "Thanks! I'm actually part Japanese, I get it from my mom's side. She taught me everything. Oh wait... was I supposed to do this in English?"

"That would be appreciated!"

"Yes!"

"PLEASE! I CAN'T UNDERSTAND YOU!!!"

Lyra chuckled, "Don't worry, sillies. I'm just gonna speak in English. But anyways, the kimono that I am wearing is a traditional Japanese garment, and it was worn by everyone up until the 19th century in Japan. But all of that changed when..."

Lyra kept on speaking on her presentation, and she practically won the class over. Everyone was paying attention, they were invested, and no one was looking away. Well, all except for Pinkie Pie who was less than amused; her hair laying flat and limp in front of her eyes.


During home economics class, the students were divided up into their own individual groups, learning to bake desserts and pastries.

One of the groups consisted of Bon Bon and another student named Drama Letter. And while she wasn't really noticed by many, she was noticed today.

"Bon Bon, can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

Drama Letter raised a finger. "Are you wearing a 1950s dress?"

"Yep!" Bon Bon smiled at her partner.

"Okay, here's my second question; why?"

Bon Bon rolled her eyes, chuckling. "I wanted to go for a new look. And plus, with what we're baking today, it often reminds me of all of those beautiful 50s diners..."

Drama Letter raised a brow. "Oookkay?"

"Oh, I need the sugar."

Drama walked to the side counter and pulled out the bag of sugar.

"So Bon Bon, you think you and your friends will finally get the stomp on the Rainbooms at the Battle Of The Bands? They're tough to defeat."

"Trust me, after this battle, they'll be the ones who will be cruisin' for a bruisin'."

"If you say so... Just don't get too cocky."

"I won't." Bon Bon said, stirring up the sugar in the bowl. "Okay, now I need the eggs."

"Coming up. Just don't stir so hard, okay? Last time you did, you shot flour all over me."

"I promise."

Bon Bon chuckled to herself, remembering the fond memory from the last baking class. She did make a few messes the last few times she was in the class, but it was still funny just remembering.


12:00

Lunch period came, and everyone was back in their usual frenzy. People were rushing around, trying to get to the front of the lunch line and claim their food before anyone else could.

However, Adagio and her friends were gathered elsewhere. The information that Adagio had picked up was not something that they could discuss out in the open. This had to be taken in private. So thankfully, with a practice room available, and everyone having their food, they took their private discussion to their secret room.

"Okay girls. This is something I uncovered that I just couldn't keep away. I had to get this to you all."

Adagio laid out the different books from Sunset's lockers that she had collected.

"Where did you even get these?"

"Oh, that, I uh... well, I, um..."

Aria smirked. "Tell us Adagio."

Adagio sighed. "This goes against everything I stand for but, I broke into Sunset's locker and found these."

Aria cracked up. "I knew it! I knew you had it in you, Adagio, but nooo you said you were just too good."

"I never once said I was 'too good', Aria."

"Admit it Adagio. You loved it."

Adagio shook her head very quickly.

"Yes you did... admit it. After everything that girl did to you and us, you got a lot of pleasure from snooping through her stuff." Sonata said, smirking at Adagio.

Adagio's cheeks heated up. "Okay, I'll admit, some dark part of me did enjoy it but... its not something I do a lot you know! Oh dear heavens, I'm setting bad examples already..."

"Nah, you set bad examples when you set Adolf on fire." Aria laughed.

"Girls, I hate to break up your talk, but could we stay on topic? We do have a limited amount of time before we have to go back to class, so--"

"--Right, right! Anyways, I found this."

Adagio flipped the spell book open, showing the page that had the pictures of the five pendents surrounding the crown.

"I believe I understand why they're after that crown to begin with. I have a feeling Sunset Shimmer has some ritual planned with all six of these jewels, and once she has that crown, its kissing goodbye to the present and saying hello to the apocalypse."

"But how exactly are they going to obtain their power? Is there a special transformation they have to do, are they going to be raging she-demons, ghouls? Hobgoblins, I don't know! I mean they can't just do everything on foot, can they?"

"Probably not. But we'll have to stop them before they get anything together. But I also found this."

Adagio opened up the 'Revenge Tactics' book, showing them the page of the locker traps.

"Well, now we know how Sunset and her friends were able to attack us without even being there."

"Thank you Princess Obvious, I wasn't sure about that!" Octavia bluntly said. She opened up her eyes even wider, realizing what she said. "I am so sorry, I don't know why I even said that."

"That's alright Octavia. Its fine," Vinyl patted her shoulder.

"But I also found this bit of juiciness. Read this page, specifically."

Adagio gave them the open page of Sunset's diary, showing them Sunset's latest entry.

"Princess Luna? But that makes no sense, I thought we just had Principal Luna."

"Girls."

Everyone's eyes looked at Adagio.

"I have reason to believe that Sunset Shimmer is not from around here. I have a good feeling she's Equestrian, just like me and my sisters. How else would she have access to spell books, or even those magical pendents?"

Everyone nodded, exploring their concerned looks.

"But if she's Equestrian, how did she even get here?"

Adagio showed them another book, showing the note that was sent directly to 'Princess Luna'.

"This book here shows Sunset Shimmer writing to a supposed 'Princess Luna' and talking with her. I read through some of the previous entries, and from what I could gather, it would appears as if Sunset was her student, she decided to go rogue, and then escaped to this dimension to try and take power for her own personal gain."

"Gee, when you say it like that, it sounds incredibly stupid." Aria said, holding her face and looking bored.

"But why? Why would she do it?" Sonata asked. "What could she gain by doing this?"

"I don't know, I tried reading through some of the past entries, and nothing in here gives any indication for what had driven her to do this. But this I do know; there are still plenty of pages that haven't been used, and if she used this to try and send a note to her 'Princess Luna'... then maybe we could get some more help."

"Adagio, doesn't this seem a bit much? For all we know, this could have been a practice sheet for when she started sending letters."

Adagio blinked. "Trixie, I know this seems like a long-shot, but if we can get some more help, we'll need as much as we can. Besides, we need some Equestrian blue on our side."

Adagio opened up her palm and Vinyl slapped a pen in her hand.

"So, what are you going to say? The last entry's from a long time ago, what makes you think she'll believe you're not her?"

"Because I've written many letters before, and I still know how. Lets see..."

Dear Princess Luna,

Allow me to speak on my behalf. I am using Sunset Shimmer's old book, my real name is Adagio Dazzle. I know it's strange to see that this old book is acting up again, but it's imperative that I speak to you. Me and my sisters are Equestrian much like you, but we need your help. I have reason to believe Sunset Shimmer has stolen Equestrian artifacts and is planning on using them to take over the dimension we reside in.

I do not know what is Sunset's big plan, but we need help. I don't know if we will be able to handle this alone, but Sunset must be stopped... no matter the cost. I hope you get this message soon, and I do hope you or anyone will be able to help us.

Signed,

Adagio Dazzle

Adagio closed the book, slamming it shut.

"Now that the message is sent, all we can do is wait until someone can help us."

"And what if we don't get help?" Trixie asked.

"If not, then we'll face them alone. There's nine of us, and six of them. I have a feeling we'll be able to stand a chance against them." Adagio winked.

"I hope so too. Hey, Adagio?"

"Yeah?"

"What's that slip of paper sticking out of your vest?"

Adagio's eyes went down, seeing the slip of paper sticking out. Blushing, she carefully tucked it back.

"Oh, its nothing..."

Sonata and Aria looked at each other, both sharing cheeky grins.

"Show us."

"Its nothing, girls, I assure you."

"Did you take a dirty picture?"

"No I didn't!"

"Really? Your red face says otherwise." Sonata laughed.

Adagio's face was about as red as a tomato. "I swear, I didn't!"

Aria bounced on Adagio, tackling her to the ground.

"Hey, get off me!"

"Sonata, now!"

Sonata moved towards Adagio and reached for the slip of paper that was tucked in her vest. She unfolded it, and a big smile came on her face.

"WHOOOOOAAA!"

Adagio's hand slapped over Sonata's mouth. "Do not say a word..."

Aria looked at the photo as well, a big grin came over her face.

"Adagio, you perv..." Aria snickered.

Adagio's face went even more red.

"Where did you even get this picture?"

"I... found it in Sunset's diary."

"Oooh, Dagi! You are a snooper, I knew it!" Sonata fell on the floor, clutching her sides. Aria followed as well, both of them were howling like hyenas.

Adagio just slipped the paper back in her vest.

"So, uh... can we please forget about this?" Adagio said, blushing harder than before.

"Nope!"


At the same time, the Rainbooms were in their own private discussion in their own private room. They had their own form of business to attend.

"Okay girls, thanks for comin'." Applejack said.

"What did you have to say that meant interrupting us during lunch?" Fluttershy grumbled.

"Well, okay, after givin' it some thought... I'm not sure that we should go through with this plan."

Both Pinkie and Fluttershy moaned.

"And why not?"

"Because, something about this ain't right! The only thing I really want out of this competition is to have that prize money for poor Applebloom..."

Rarity added on, sharing an equal frown. "And Sweetie Belle..."

Rainbow sighed. "And I think we can add Scootaloo."

"Agreed."

"So... does this mean we're finally doing something that's not awful for once?" Pinkie asked.

"I think so Pinkie."

Pinkie's hair went from limp to exploding with a lot of puffiness. One second looking nasty and looking to kill, a second later back to happy.

"Yay! We're finally having souls!"

"Pinkie, we can't just flip like that. Besides... how are we even gonna tell Sunset?"

"Tell me what?"

Everyone's shoulders tensed up and they looked behind, seeing the deathly glaring girl at the doorway. Her arms were crossed, and a leg was leaning against her other leg, aiding her angry look.

"Oh, Sunset, hey! We uh... just were talkin' about our plans to win, that's all."

"That's not what I heard you talking about. You were talking about those little sisters of yours, weren't you?"

"No, no we--"

Sunset grabbed Rainbow Dash and Applejack by the collars, and the other girls backed away, raising their arms up to surrender.

"You listen to me and listen to me good. You said yourself you wanted to have power unimaginable, and if you want it, you will do exactly what I said. Remember what happened last time?"

Rainbow and Applejack gulped and slowly shook their heads.

"If you two don't want to end up the same way as they did... you will continue to do as I say."

The two girls nodded.

"Of course, of course!"

Sunset grinned with an evil smile. "Great! Then I guess I'll see you girls next class then."

She let go of them, allowing them to straighten out their collars.

"Oh and by the way... don't think about trying to back out. You're already way too deep, so don't get any ideas."

"We're not, we swear."

"Good."

Sunset slammed the door, leaving all five of them to stand around and scowl.

"Wow, what a--"

"Hey! No swearing!"

"Come on, can't I say that word?" Pinkie whined.

"No."

"Aww... party-pooper."