• Published 3rd Jan 2018
  • 4,957 Views, 559 Comments

A Shattered Rainbow Rock - FourShadow



In another dimension, Sunset Shimmer and the Rainbooms are now sending fear and panic to the students of CHS. But maybe three sisters may put an end to that...

  • ...
14
 559
 4,957

Chapter 28: Higher And Higher

The three headed monster that towered over the five-headed Hydra let out a roar that could create earthquakes. All of its teeth were grit and flashing out, looking like they could chomp down on anything.

Sunset was indeed surprised at the giant monster in front of her. At first.

"Cute trick ladies, but you forget, there's six against three! We win the odds! And I have a feeling speed is not going to be on your side! Hydra, lets go! We have some unfinished business to take care of!"

Sunset's hand shot a beam towards the side of the stadium, creating a big hole. She soared right through, and Hydra using all its legs, charged right through and made the hole even bigger than before. The six's combined efforts looked outside the stadium, hoping to see where the rest of their classmates and staff had run. But they weren't there. They all arrived via bus, and the bus wasn't even seen either.

Sunset just chuckled. "So they want to take things to CHS then? Very well, we can discuss this on the stomping grounds, and we're still going to be the ones stomping!"

Sunset flew up into the air, and took off into the skies. The Hydra just kept a single head locked on her, while the others looked in front of them and ran out of the stadium and landed on one of the streets. Stomping its feet into the ground, it charged down the road, and followed Sunset's path.

Back at the stadium, the girls were left standing in shock, watching them escape.

"Oookay then, I'll admit, that was not at all what I expected to happen." Amethyst shuddered.

"Really? Out all the things that could happen, what were you expecting?" Bon Bon asked.

"Honestly? A sky portal." Amethyst shrugged.

Trixie stepped in front of the gaping hole in the wall and looked out into the distance, staring at the city.

"Girls, come on. We got to go, we got to stop them."

"How?" Octavia asked. "Luv, as much as we should, I don't even know how we can fight two giant... beasts! Even with a three-headed monster--"

The combined Dazzling beast let out a roar, anger clearly showing.

"That's not what I meant! I'm sorry!" Octavia said, feeling guilty.

"Girls, listen to me."

Everyone's heads turned to look at Trixie, who put on her best brave face.

"I know things look bad, but we can't just give up. Right now, everyone at CHS needs us. I know we're probably not the most qualified people for the job right now, but the Dazzlings can't fight them alone! We need to help them in every way we can, and I'm going out there to fight for my home, my friends, and my family. So who's with me?"

The girls took her speech in, and nodded. Two giant monsters were probably scaring the daylights out of every civilian in Canterlot right now, probably about to be terrorized. Right now, they needed to stop them.

"We're still in!" Amethyst smiled.

"Lets finally contribute and do something!" Lyra cheered.

Within those few minutes, Vinyl and Amethyst got back into Vinyl's car. On the top of the car were several mega-watt speakers that could project enough sound for an entire concerto. All thanks to Amethyst for making them strong, of course.

Trixie however, clinged onto the back of Adagio, holding onto her head. Lyra and Bon Bon held onto the sides of Sonata and Aria's necks with their gear out, and Octavia stood on the top of Vinyl's car, with her guitar hooked and ready

"Lets go kick their butts! We're going to save the world, and stop Sunset Shimmer once and for all! Amethyst?" Trixie called.

Amethyst grinned. "You got it!"

She raised up the microphone and spoke. Her voice echoed through the big speakers on the top of Vinyl's car.

"Alright ladies! We've got a monster to fight, lets get ready for a RUMBLE!!!"

The three-headed beast let out a combined roar, cheering with Amethyst.

Vinyl's car swerved and grinded against the ground, and it sped straight down the hill and onto the road. The monster started to move, and charged right after them, making the ground shake with every stomp. Cars jumped and shook with each stomp, some of them even having their alarms set off.

Inside the houses of some families eating dinner, the dinner tables shook from the pounding against the ground. They questioned the amount of shaking until they looked out the windows, watching a stereo-blasting car drive by, followed by a gargantuan beast.


By the time Sunset and the others were beginning their transformations into their final forms, Principal Luna and Vice-Principal Celestia made sure everyone got back to CHS. Everyone was gathered around the main courtyard, with panicked looks talking to each other. They could barely get a grip on what they just saw.

"Okay, it looks like we're missing some people. This is not good." Principal Luna said, looking at the crowds of panicked students.

Just then everyone's gaze turned up and their panicked looks turned more into screams of terror. Flapping its wings and speeding through the sky was the demonic Sunset Shimmer. She did a few fly-bys over the school, letting everyone get a few glimpses at her new form. Coming around at another turn, she stopped in the middle and slammed onto the ground in both her giant heeled boots, shaking the ground.

Everyone, rightfully so, was cowering and backing away from the monster that was right before their eyes. The only two people who didn't seem to be cowering were Vice-Principal Celestia and Principal Luna. Both of them stood in front of the other students, blocking the way for Sunset to try and move towards them.

"Sunset Shimmer. Stand down, now!"

Sunset laughed. "Are you serious right now? You two against one giant me? Face it. You won't be saving anyone's lives today. Not even the fates of the five right behind me."

Around the corner came a charging Hydra which roared with fury, scaring even more of the students. Two giant monsters in front of their school. They were the sizes of just little toys compared to these monstrosities.

"By the time the night ends, I will be coming back home, and Equestria will be in my fingertips!" Sunset hollered. "Nothing can stop me now, and nothing will!"

The Hydra watched as Sunset rambled on in her speech, but the five heads turned around. Just down the road came a speeding sports car with a big stereo propped out on the top of the back. And behind the wheel was Vinyl who smirked at them with a set of purple shades on.

Sunset turned too and looked back at the street. Vinyl's car was sitting there, the engine still running. The car vibrated as it stayed on, looking as if it was ready to charge straight at them.

"Leave while you can. I won't finish you first if you go."

Vinyl didn't refrain or do as she told her to do. She just sat there, smirking at her. In the seat next to her, Amethyst unbuckled herself and climbed up on the seat, hanging herself over the windshield and smiling at the scene in front of her. With a truck driver radio in her hand, she pulled it up and spoke into it. Her voice boomed out of the speakers.

"Here's a classic from the 1980s! We've got something big, powerful, and Dazzling coming your way, Canterlot High!" Amethyst cheered.

She pressed a new button, and a loud song began to burst out of the speakers.

You know your love (your love keeps lifting me)
Keep on lifting (love keeps lifting me)
Higher (lifting me)
Higher and higher (higher)

The Hydra and Sunset looked at each other and shrugged. But not before a loud stomp hit the ground. The two looked around, and listened. Another loud stomp.

The horde of students were no longer panicking at the giant monsters, now their attention was on to what was making the ground shake. A few students managed to break free from the crowd and slowly peak their heads off the sides of the building, looking at what was coming their way. A few of them let out gasps of shock and surprise. But no one was panicking.

Stomping slowly behind, was the three-headed monster. Its feet made holes into the ground as it walked, but the holes were the least of the giant's worries. All three heads of the beast were moving and writhing around, looking at everything around them. Their three heads looked at the students, their faces nothing short of worry.

Their eyebrows furled up and they snarled when they looked to see the perpetrators behind their fear.

"Back again, are you now?"

The three-headed beast let out a mighty roar that pierced through the night sky.

"Hydra. Kill that beast."

The five-headed monster responded with a grunt and stomped towards the Dazzling creation. With its feet stomping down, the Hydra charged at the biped.

The Hydra slammed its heads against the chest of the three-headed beast, pushing it back. But the biped didn't fall back. The three heads on top started to snap at the heads that were used to push them against the gravel. One of the five heads noticed and roared back, but it retreated its head once Aria's tried to bite her.

Hydra took a few steps back and snarled. The four heads off to the sides all glanced to the middle one which nodded at the others. Flashing a malicious chuckle, it snapped its teeth together.

The three Dazzlings were left in confusion, until they saw a small light coming from the inside of the middle head's mouth. Its jaw went wide open, and a burst of fire erupted from its jaw, blasting at the three Dazzlings. The biped raised its arms up, bracing itself for when the flames would rupture the skin.

Thankfully the fire didn't melt away any skin; but the burn marks were visible. The Dazzlings snapped back, and each of the three heads tried to take bites out of the Hydra. Adagio's head managed to snap at the long neck of the middle head, making visible bite marks. Hydra let out a roar of pain, but it wasn't enough to keep it down. Hydra snapped back at the Dazzlings again, only this time, making some bites at their necks instead.

As the two monsters fought against each other, Sunset Shimmer watched them fight. She didn't bother with the students or staff, she wanted to see the Dazzlings die in person. This gave plenty of time for all the staff and students to run inside the school and seal the doors and windows. But not all of them went back inside...

Bored, Sunset huffed and readied her fists.

"This fight is going nowhere! Time to spice things up!"

But as she was about to fire a blast at the Dazzlings--

"Hey Sunset!"

Sunset turned around and watched as a small colorful box was being thrown at her, no bigger than a crumb of bread compared to her size. She watched as the box began to change and switch its panels all around, finally clicking once all the sides connected. With a single beep, the cube exploded splattering hot paint on Sunset's face.

"AGH!!!" Sunset yelled, covering her eyes.

"Get her, now!"

Vinyl was still trying to get herself moving. She put the last instrument down with the other instruments and gear, and got back into her stereo car. She hoisted up the speakers, and she turned them on, blasting the sound through them.

Jem is my name, no one else is the same!
Jem is my name!

Sunset growled as she felt the sound push her away. She finally wiped her eyes clean of the paint and looked to where Vinyl was, amplifying the sound. With a chuckle, her fists clenched up and two bright neon beams were humming.

"Vinyl, get out!"

No other choice, Vinyl slowly moved the car in reverse, screeching against the asphalt. Sunset fired the beams, but thankfully Vinyl moved out of the way just in time. The only victim of the beam was the concrete horse that was part of the Wondercolt statue.

Sunset snarled as Vinyl tried to swerve away. But just as she was about to follow her, Sunset felt a small tap on the back of her head. She turned around, and she watched as a small kitchen appliance hit the top of her nose, bouncing right off of her.

She turned her head at Bon Bon this time, who held a stirring spoon like a throwing axe. She threw the spoon at her, which bounced off her face. Hearing a small beep, she turned around again. This time, standing in the front of the school was Trixie who held another Rubik's cube bomb. She threw it up as high as possible, throwing it at Sunset. Ready in time, Sunset shot one single beam, destroying the bomb.

"Oh... oops." Trixie chuckled, nervously.

Sunset's heels stomped towards her, as she towered over her.

"I should crush you right here, right now!"

"Don't even try it, Sunset!"

"Sore ni tsuite kangaenaide, san setto!"

Sunset groaned and she turned again. This time she was hit with a small metallic throwing star, often used by ninjas. Looking down, she saw who the source of the attack was.

"You know, you never showed any Japanese influence. Why is it now of all times you show it?"

"Because I make no sense!" Lyra laughed, running away.


The Dazzlings fought more and more, trying to use as much strength as they could. But they felt the strength diminishing from within. But they had to keep fighting, they couldn't let the school down! They just couldn't!

Using the right claw, the three-headed beast swung at the fifth head just on the left, smacking at it. Its teeth slashed at the skin, creating big cuts. Then using the other claw, it swung at another head, making more slashes. Once it tried to recuperate from the pain, all three of the Sirens heads leaned down and took big bites into the necks of the remaining three heads.

By now, all five heads were moaning from the pain, holding onto themselves in agony. Their heads slowly went down and looked up to see the three-headed beast ready to strike again. The two feet dug into the ground, holding itself in place for its final attack. From behind the heads, the fins running down to the backs began to glow. The red jewel that was in center of the heart hummed with energy. All the eyes were voids of purple.

Their jaws stretched opened and the insides of their mouths were glowing. From all three of them, bursts of red energy and fire combined together to create three small but powerful beams. The beams blasted the Hydra which fell on its side from the attack, feeling the pain and the heat.

"No... No! Get up! Get up you morons!"

But the Hydra didn't get up. It didn't have the strength within itself to try and pull up and fight again. It had been defeated, and there was no getting back up.

The biped watched as the Hydra hurled on its back, defeated and hurt. It let out a few grunts from each head, acknowledging each other's victory. Now it was onto fighting Sunset, assuming she was still around.

Aria's head turned around and she felt a beam hit the side of her head, making her moan. All three looked up and watched as Sunset flapped her wings hard, looking as if she wanted to kill. Her palms were open, and more energy balls were manifested.

"You girls ruin everything! But I suppose ruling the universe by myself isn't so bad, after all they were fools to try and betray me! But you three? I think I have a proper sentence for what I'm going to do to you!"

Sunset shot another beam at the Dazzling monster, hitting it right at Adagio's head. Sonata's head tried to bite Sunset, but Sunset was too quick. She fired another beam, hitting Sonata. The monster was now starting to slowly move from its position, as if it was backing up. Sunset chuckled and she flew behind its back. She knew what she was going to do to them; but she wanted an audience.

She blasted her back again, making the monster howl. It slowly stomped around, trying to get a good look at Sunset, and was shot again. Sunset even went in some more, swooping right at Adagio's head and letting her claw slash across Adagio's face.

Adagio cried out in pain, feeling the claw marks that hit her. Sunset flew back around and hovered in front of the three of them.

"You know something girls? You three may be Equestrian, but you will never be as powerful as I am."

Sunset's fists powered up again, and she readied to make the final blow. She knew just where to strike; the heart. With two fists clenched as tight as possible, she readied herself to create the biggest beams she could muster.

Then with one fire, she combined the beams together and fired at the three-headed beast's heart. Striking the perfect spot, the beast howled into the sky, crying out in terror. The hands flew back and all three heads cried out in horror. The beam was so powerful, the monster was losing control.

With its strength diminishing, the monster started to slowly slump and fall. It leaned back, and slammed onto the ground, right on its back. The heads fell back and slammed against the ground, while the rest of the body formed a giant gaping crater into the ground. Adagio's head tried to pull up, but she couldn't. Her head slumped back down, falling right beside the stacked instruments and Vinyl's car.

Small moans escaped the jaws of the three heads, and the eyes slowly closed as they began to pass out. The pain, the fighting, the absorption of their energy... it was just too much.

All of the Dazzlings' friends watched as their friend fell down in pain. They were losing; and the tide was now turning on them. What could they do now?

Author's Note:

I'm sorry for not having an extended fight sequence. I wanted to do a lot with this scenario, but I just couldn't think of anything to make this a longer fight. I hope you understand. :fluttershysad:

But I do hope you enjoyed this, and stay tuned for the next chapter! We're not done yet!